PDA

View Full Version : Since Pop won't pull a "Carlisle," Kerr is the one promoting Bowen...

Phenomanul
12-07-2005, 06:31 PM
From Kerr's Three Points in his yahoo column:

1. PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Bruce Bowen – The San Antonio Spurs' defensive stalwart displayed his versatility last week, holding down Kobe Bryant, Dirk Nowitzki and Allen Iverson as the defending champions went undefeated. Bowen forced Bryant into a 9-for-33 night and then pestered the 6-foot-11 Nowitzki into a 3-for-13 game. On Saturday, after Iverson torched the Spurs in a huge first half, Gregg Popovich sicced Bowen on him and A.I. was held without a field goal for the entire third quarter as San Antonio pulled away. Simply put, Bowen is the best defender in the game. And oh, by the way, he's also among the NBA's leaders in three-point percentage.

SilverPlayer
12-07-2005, 06:40 PM
I actually think the three point percentage is whats going to get him noticed this year for the dpoy. Its sad that it might take that to put him over the top, but it might.

xcoriate
12-07-2005, 06:59 PM
I noticed that too, :smokin

SenorSpur
12-07-2005, 07:07 PM
I've said it before, it's about time the league "stepped up" and recognized Bruce for the DPOY that he's been the past three or four seasons. He easily should have won the aware last year and the year before over Artest. No other player does for his team what BB is asked to do for the Spurs. Kerr's assessment is right on. Hope he wins the award this year.

SA210
12-07-2005, 07:55 PM
shoulda won at least last 2 years, at least? nah 3,

Parker 09
12-07-2005, 09:31 PM
Bowen is an unreal defender just to be able to hinder a seven footer and keep up with iverson is a task unto itself, but he has done it he defeniatley should win this year

The Artest Factor
12-07-2005, 09:47 PM
Bowen is nowhere near the defender, nor the scorer, nor the rebounder, nor the passer Artest is.

How can Bowen win DPOY when he gets >1 spg, >1 bpg, and routinely gets lit up despite playing on one of the best defensive-orientated teams in the league?

And Bowen is a terrible offensive player. I don't care what his 3P% is. Lok at his FT%, PPG, APG. All terrible.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Bruce Bowen is the worst starter on a championship-winning team in NBA history. Yes that's including Luc Longley.

MI21
12-07-2005, 10:44 PM
If Ben Wallace wins it again, it will be an absolute joke. He's not even the best defender on his frontline, hell, he could be the worst out of the starting frontcourt.

xcoriate
12-07-2005, 11:00 PM
TD deserves one before his career is out as well.

JMarkJohns
12-07-2005, 11:10 PM
It's a stats award. It'll always go to the person who has the stats to back up the rep. it's silly, but true.

Bruce Bowen for 2006 All-Stat Starter!!!

:)

He's a great defender. Marion told me so...

Samr
12-07-2005, 11:47 PM
Marion. Dirk. Kobe. Vince Carter. Iverson. Melo. Kobe again for good measure. Finley. Gay Ray. Kobe one more time....

Really, this guy guards the best in the league. He STOPS the best in the league. As far as I am concerned, Bruce IS one of the best. In. The. League.