PDA

View Full Version : Finley

Dre_7
12-07-2005, 09:39 PM
Am I the only one that things he needs to shoot more?

It seems that he is passing up a lot of open shots. In the words of the Hurricane, "Waz up wit dat?!?"

Just shoot the dang ball!

loveforthegame
12-07-2005, 09:49 PM
I didn't hear all of what Tom Tolbert was saying but he mentioned that Pop told Finley to be more like he was in Dallas. Meaning to shoot more.

Parker 09
12-07-2005, 10:29 PM
we really need him to start stepping up we can't have two shooters struggling to find form

DDS4
12-08-2005, 12:20 AM
Still early. It will take time.

T Park
12-08-2005, 12:32 AM
Finley is taking good shots.

its just not falling.

Fin will be ok.

4 rebounds pretty good for a 6'5 guard IMO.

He played alright.

what was he about 3 of 8?

At least he makes em.

At least he TAKES em, unlike jellyfish Barry.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-08-2005, 12:34 AM
The Catapult!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dre_7
12-08-2005, 12:45 AM
I like all the shots he is taking. They are just not falling right now. What I dont like to see is him passing up open shots if he is struggling. I would rather see him brick an open shot than not taking open shots.

Just keep shooting, and eventually they will fall.

SAtown
12-08-2005, 02:44 AM
Shoot the ball more? I think he shoots more than enough. Actually, he shoots more than he should. I'm still not liking what I'm seeing from him.

T Park
12-08-2005, 02:57 AM
More than he should??

Should he pass open shots??

If so, thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard.

SAtown
12-08-2005, 03:07 AM
More than he should??

Should he pass open shots??

If so, thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard.

Settle down. Everyone passes up open shots: Van Ex, Barry, Manu, etc... But hey, why aren't you the coach? Maybe Pop knows a little more.

TDMVPDPOY
12-08-2005, 03:22 AM
We all know duncan will get 17 touches, gino/parker should get about 10-15 touches, the rest.....can be split up among the players

T Park
12-08-2005, 03:37 AM
Settle down. Everyone passes up open shots: Van Ex, Barry, Manu, etc... But hey, why aren't you the coach? Maybe Pop knows a little more.

Huh? :wtf

Van Exel rarely passes up an open shot.

As does Ginobili.

Barry passes them up cause hes one clitoris away from being a woman.

boutons
12-08-2005, 04:22 AM
"Meaning to shoot more."

I prefer "meaning to shoot better":

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/michael_finley/index.html

FG 43% @DAL, but only 37% @ SA

Brutalis
12-08-2005, 04:30 AM
You guys need to wait til halfway through the year to make bold statements.

It'll save yourself from looking dumb later.

2centsworth
12-08-2005, 09:01 AM
It's going to take time for Fins to feel comfortable. Nevertheless, even on a off night he still hits some from outside. the guy is pure.

T Park
12-08-2005, 10:27 AM
On an off night he still put up 8 points and 4 boards, and some pretty solid D.

I loved that stealing the ball out of midair.

Hes really put a effort in on the defensive end. Its very impressive.

thispego
12-08-2005, 10:41 AM
Huh? :wtf

Van Exel rarely passes up an open shot.

As does Ginobili.

Barry passes them up cause hes one clitoris away from being a woman.
whats with the Barry hate?
and is "one clitoris away from being a woman" the best you can do?

fraga
12-08-2005, 10:55 AM
Yeah...he needs to think less and just shoot...

TDMVPDPOY
12-08-2005, 11:03 AM
Heres a solution to finleys shootin woes, fuckn dunk the ball from anywhere on the court1!! ask jordan for those sneakers in spacejam

Notorious H.O.P.
12-08-2005, 11:19 AM
Heres a solution to finleys shootin woes, fuckn dunk the ball from anywhere on the court1!! ask jordan for those sneakers in spacejam

He tried going for a sick looking dunk on the Mavs but that didn't work out for him.

I'm a little discouraged at this point. He was injured last year and still had a good year so I had my expectations up for this year.

Sure you can say that he needs some time to adjust to his new surroundings, but as a shooter, you shouldn't need time to adjust to putting the ball in the hole. Still, I'm reserving final judgement for the playoffs.

boutons
12-08-2005, 11:24 AM
Kinda weird.
Brent comes to the Spurs and famously can't hit shit for nearly a season,
Michael comes to the Spurs and shoots 37% vs his career avg of 44%.

sa_butta
12-08-2005, 11:35 AM
He tried going for a sick looking dunk on the Mavs but that didn't work out for him.

I'm a little discouraged at this point. He was injured last year and still had a good year so I had my expectations up for this year.

Sure you can say that he needs some time to adjust to his new surroundings, but as a shooter, you shouldn't need time to adjust to putting the ball in the hole. Still, I'm reserving final judgement for the playoffs.Exactly, show up in the playoffs and all is forgotten. But last year Finley was a no show in the playoffs. And not to get off topic but Horry is just average during the regular season and then puts it in overdrive come playoff time, as long as Finley can do the same no complaints here.

strangeweather
12-08-2005, 12:05 PM
Kinda weird.
Brent comes to the Spurs and famously can't hit shit for nearly a season,
Michael comes to the Spurs and shoots 37% vs his career avg of 44%.

Some of it may be that coming off the bench breaks many players' rhythm. Fin came off the bench sometimes last year, but otherwise both he and Barry were starters playing big minutes for their entire careers.

2centsworth
12-08-2005, 12:12 PM
Some of it may be that coming off the bench breaks many players' rhythm. Fin came off the bench sometimes last year, but otherwise both he and Barry were starters playing big minutes for their entire careers.
getting limited shots makes it real tough. You feel like you have to make every one. Plus it's hard to get a rythm. Fin is easily going to get good minutes with the spurs so he should be fine. Van Exel and Barry are going to struggle.

wildbill2u
12-08-2005, 12:17 PM
I looked at the box in the Express online and it had him 3 for 11. While I don't always trust their box scores, Finley needs to start hitting the shots he's made all through his career.

I thought a veteran's shot would be something implanted in the muscle/brain memory like riding a bicycle--but apparently not.

Despot
12-08-2005, 01:06 PM
A big part of shooting efficiently is having fresh legs, right? Well, ever since Turkey came here and laid his eggs, I have felt that the kind of defense Pop demands tires out the shooters which is affecting their shots. Maybe having better endurance helps, could explain why Barry started coming around late in the playoffs last year.

Feel free to start shooting me down.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-08-2005, 02:12 PM
Finley is getting wide open looks in the offense, he just has to start realizing where those wide open looks are going to be.

He'll be fine. He's smart enough to get into a groove soon.