PDA

View Full Version : Kerry Record Called Into Question Again (Busted!)

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-27-2004, 02:27 PM
www.suntimes.com/output/e...ips27.html (http://www.suntimes.com/output/elect/cst-nws-lips27.html)

Nice, claiming an award no one has ever been awarded...

Bandit2981
08-27-2004, 05:08 PM
can we move on to other issues? :sleep

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-27-2004, 05:24 PM
Sure, let's talk about Kerry's campaign platform.

Oh wait, his platform IS his Vietnam record.

What to do...

Joe Chalupa
08-27-2004, 05:27 PM
http://www.sleepfoundation.org/img/Yawning.gif

xrayzebra
08-27-2004, 05:28 PM
Why should we, Kerry himself calls himself a hero and that
his service in VN makes him the one to lead the country.
"Reporting for Duty". or do you remember that?

Bandit2981
08-27-2004, 05:28 PM
:sleep
:next3

bigzak25
08-27-2004, 06:07 PM
libs don't care about integrity in the white house....it's not suprising you guys are :sleep

Bandit2981
08-27-2004, 06:13 PM
yeah, being a cokehead, alcoholic, draft dodging, and getting an illegal abortion for your knocked up girlfriend is the epitome of integrity :rolleyes we already have like 20 threads on this same freakin issue, lets talk about shit that actually matters in the next 4 years like health care, fighting terrorism, education, jobs, etc

Samurai Jane
08-27-2004, 06:33 PM
Yes, let's do that..

What is Kerry planning to do to improve health care in the US?

What is Kerry planning to do to improve education in the US?

What is Kerry planning to do to stimulate the economy in the US?

What will Kerry do differently to fight the war on terrorism?

Etc.

Please be specific and please no lines like "Kerry will be better than Bush." because that is the same as a non-answer or more specifically "I don't know".

Bandit2981
08-27-2004, 06:41 PM
What is Kerry planning to do to improve health care in the US?
Cut Your Premiums
John Kerry and John Edwards will cut family premiums by up to $1,000. That's $1,000 in real savings people can use to buy groceries, pay the bills, and save for their children's future. And that will mean more jobs and more competitive American businesses.

Cover All Americans With Quality Care
The Kerry-Edwards plan will give every American access to the range of high-quality, affordable plans available to members of Congress and extend coverage to 95 percent of Americans, including every American child. Their plan will also fight to erase the health disparities that persist along racial and economic lines, ensure that people with HIV and AIDS have the care they need, end discrimination against Americans with disabilities and mental illnesses, and ensure equal treatment for mental illness in our health system.

Provide Affordable Prescriptions
The Kerry-Edwards plan will reduce prescription drug prices by allowing the re-importation of safe prescription drugs from Canada, overhauling the Medicare drug plan, ensuring low-cost drugs, and ending artificial barriers to generic drug competition.

Cut Waste And Inefficiency
Today, approximately 25 percent of health care costs are wasted on paperwork and administrative processing. The Kerry-Edwards plan harnesses American ingenuity to cut waste, save billions, and take new steps to ensure patient privacy.

What is Kerry planning to do to improve education in the US?
Meet Our Responsibilities To Our Schools
John Kerry and John Edwards will establish a National Education Trust Fund to ensure that schools always get the funding they need. They will also ensure that No Child Left Behind works for schools, states, and teachers by rewarding those who meet higher standards and rewarding schools that turn around and improve.

Continue Reform And Put A Great Teacher In Every Classroom
Great teachers are the foundation of a great school. As president, John Kerry will enact a new bargain that offers teachers more, including better training and better pay in troubled schools, and asks for more in return, including fast, fair ways to make sure that teachers who don't belong in the classroom don't stay there.

Offer 3.5 Million After-School Opportunities Through "School's Open 'Til Six"
John Kerry and John Edwards are strong supporters of after-school programs. They give students extra help, keep them out of trouble, and offer peace of mind to working parents. The Kerry-Edwards "School's Open 'Til 'Six" initiative will offer after-school opportunities to 3.5 million children, through programs that are open until 6 p.m. and offer safe transportation for children.

Make College Affordable For All And Expand Lifelong Learning
As president, John Kerry will offer a fully refundable College Opportunity Tax credit on up to $4,000 of tuition for every year of college and offer aid to states that keep tuitions down. And he will launch a new effort to ensure that all of our workers can get the technical skills and advanced training they need.

What is Kerry planning to do to stimulate the economy in the US?
Create Good-Paying Jobs
As president, John Kerry will cut taxes for businesses that create jobs here in America instead of moving them overseas. John Kerry and John Edwards will also stand up for workers by enforcing our trade agreements.

Cut Middle-Class Taxes To Raise Middle-Class Incomes
When John Kerry is president, middle-class taxes will go down. Ninety-eight percent of all Americans and 99 percent of American businesses will get a tax cut under the Kerry-Edwards plan.

Make Washington Live Within A Budget
John Kerry will cut the deficit in half during his first four years in office. He will end corporate welfare as we know it, roll back the Bush tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, and impose a real cap to keep spending in check. And when John Kerry puts forward a new idea, he'll tell you how he's going to pay for it.

Invest In The Jobs Of Tomorrow
Today, businesses are harnessing new technology to manufacture energy-efficient cars, high-grade steel, advanced plastics and other new products. And this requires a bigger, skilled labor force to make them. John Kerry and John Edwards believe we should invest in these jobs and invest in the people who will fill them.

What will Kerry do differently to fight the war on terrorism?
Launch And Lead A New Era Of Alliances
The threat of terrorism demands alliances on a global scale - to utilize every available resource to get the terrorists before they can strike at us. As president, John Kerry will lead a coalition of the able - because no force on earth is more able than the United States and its allies.

Modernize The World's Most Powerful Military To Meet New Threats
John Kerry and John Edwards have a plan to transform the world's most powerful military to better address the modern threats of terrorism and proliferation, while ensuring that we have enough properly trained and equipped troops to meet our enduring strategic and regional missions.

Deploy All That Is In America's Arsenal
The war on terror cannot be won by military might alone. As president, John Kerry will deploy all the forces in America's arsenal - our diplomacy, our intelligence system, our economic power, and the appeal of our values and ideas - to make America more secure and prevent a new generation of terrorists from emerging.

Free America From Its Dangerous Dependence On Mideast Oil
To secure our full independence and freedom, we must free America from its dangerous dependence on Mideast oil. By tapping American ingenuity, we can achieve that goal while growing our economy and protecting our environment.

Joe Chalupa
08-27-2004, 06:51 PM
It doesn't matter because you won't believe it.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-27-2004, 06:52 PM
So who's gonna pay for it all?

Y'all bitch about the deficit all the time, is all that gonna happen for free?

Bandit2981
08-27-2004, 06:52 PM
true joe, but then again we wont believe Bush's plans either :lol

Samurai Jane
08-27-2004, 06:55 PM
Why do you say that, Joe? Just because I'm a Bush supporter doesn't mean that I won't take the time to look at each statement and weigh it objectively. Thus far, I've seen nothing to sway my opinion, but I will give it consideration. Up to this moment, I have not seen any real answers on the real questions repeated time and again by undecideds.

Thank you, Bandit, I will review it closely when I get a chance.

Bandit2981
08-27-2004, 06:57 PM
Samurai, your best bet is to watch the debates for your more specific answers...im sure after thay are all over is when people will make a final decision

Samurai Jane
08-27-2004, 07:00 PM
I'm sure you're right, Bandit. I am looking for something a little more specific than the summaries given above. At the moment, they seem like alot of grand ideas and promises. I'm looking forward to the details.

Joe Chalupa
08-27-2004, 07:06 PM
I agree. Both candidates say they will cut the deficit in half during the next 4 years but neither has said how they will do it.
I admit that I don't like to see some programs cut like CHIP and other programs and I know it ain't easy cutting anything because somebody somewhere isn't going to like it.

xrayzebra
08-27-2004, 11:56 PM
jenn, neither Bush or Kerry can really deliver on any of their
"promises". They both have to go through both houses to
get anything done. They can only "try". Look at what
both have delivered so far. That is, Bush has delivered.
Kerry has been up in the Senate for 18 years and hasn't
done much of anything. I will be the first to say I am
prejudice, I am a confirmed conservative, took me many
years to come to that, but I was in my younger years a
Dem-o-crap, well I am a real live, born here Texan,
and then they decided they wanted to be what-ever-they
are. Never mind, watching football and whatever has
got me running on and on......just look at the past to
see the future.....and leave the damn drums alone, okay?:rollin

exstatic
08-28-2004, 02:38 AM
Little Boy: Grandpa, read me a story.

Grandpa: OK. Once upon a time...

Little Boy: Grandpa? Do all fairy tales start with "Once upon a time"?

Grandpa: No. Quite a few of them begin "If elected, I promise..."

:next3

SpursWoman
08-28-2004, 03:10 AM
No. Quite a few of them begin "If elected, I promise..."

'you sure not all of them do? :lol :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-28-2004, 03:42 PM
The hole gets deeper.

www.suntimes.com/output/e...ips28.html (http://www.suntimes.com/output/elect/cst-nws-lips28.html)

travis2
08-29-2004, 10:44 AM
As usual, the liberals have no problem bringing up the President's record...but can't stand the heat when some one questions Kerry's record.

But then again hypocrisy is par for the course for liberals.

Tommy Duncan
08-29-2004, 11:01 AM
Cut Your Premiums
John Kerry and John Edwards will cut family premiums by up to $1,000. That's $1,000 in real savings people can use to buy groceries, pay the bills, and save for their children's future. And that will mean more jobs and more competitive American businesses.

Cover All Americans With Quality Care
The Kerry-Edwards plan will give every American access to the range of high-quality, affordable plans available to members of Congress and extend coverage to 95 percent of Americans, including every American child. Their plan will also fight to erase the health disparities that persist along racial and economic lines, ensure that people with HIV and AIDS have the care they need, end discrimination against Americans with disabilities and mental illnesses, and ensure equal treatment for mental illness in our health system.

Provide Affordable Prescriptions
The Kerry-Edwards plan will reduce prescription drug prices by allowing the re-importation of safe prescription drugs from Canada, overhauling the Medicare drug plan, ensuring low-cost drugs, and ending artificial barriers to generic drug competition.

So bascially Kerry-Edwards intend to push the nationalization of the US health care industry. They have no intention of addressing the basic problem which is that most Americans pay for all of their health care expenditures through 3rd party payers. As for prescription drugs, Kerry-Edwards do nothing to address the demand side of the equation, which is the major problem. The Medicare drug plan is nothing but pouring gasoline on the flames of that demand. The K-E complaint seems to be that the Bush administration did not include enough gas in their Medicare expansion. I wonder what "artificial barriers" to generics K-E intend to eliminate? IP protection? If you weaken patent protection then there is going to be less of an incentive for the pharmaceutical companies to invest in R&D.

Cut Waste And Inefficiency
Today, approximately 25 percent of health care costs are wasted on paperwork and administrative processing. The Kerry-Edwards plan harnesses American ingenuity to cut waste, save billions, and take new steps to ensure patient privacy.

But of course, central planning will reduce waste. No doubt. Patient privacy? The government will have access to your health records.

Again, as with other "problems" our society faces, the solution lies not in more government intervention, but less. But it keeps the idiots of the country happy to think that solutions along the lines of what K-E propose will actually work.

IcemanCometh
08-29-2004, 12:18 PM
What is Bush planning to do to improve health care in the US?

What is Bush planning to do to improve education in the US?

What is Bush planning to do to stimulate the economy in the US?

What will Bush do differently to fight the war on terrorism?

travis2
08-29-2004, 02:45 PM
You act as though Kerry himself has actually answered those questions.

Bandit2981
08-29-2004, 02:52 PM
no answer for what Bush will do? figures

travis2
08-29-2004, 03:54 PM
Ignoring the question? Figures.

Bandit2981
08-29-2004, 05:07 PM
why dont you answer the question about Bush and his plans? oh thats right, he has yet to even mention a domestic agenda for the next 4 years, and his track record so far here has been pretty shitty...i guess i would avoid the question as well! :rollin

travis2
08-30-2004, 06:05 PM
You were asked a set of specific questions concerning Kerry. You chose to cut and paste some political drivel that anyone with a modicum of critical thinking ability could see right through.

You were asked first. I'd say the ball is still in your court. :flipoff

Bandit2981
08-30-2004, 06:10 PM
hey i did what was asked of me, if you dont agree with it, thats your thing...you still have yet to even offer an elementary type response! i guess you have no clue about Bush's plans or else you woul at least make some attempt to save face instead of looking foolish :sleep
oh and :flipoff right back bucko

travis2
08-30-2004, 06:12 PM
You did not do what was asked of you. Posting a bunch of political drivel without specifics is not answering the question.

Jenn asked you some very serious questions. She's a very open minded person and you just decided to be an asshole to her. Hence, you earned the :flipoff

Bandit2981
08-30-2004, 06:14 PM
i was being an asshole?? :lol ooookay...she asked questions, i posted answers, many of which did have specifics, which im sure you just scanned right over and rolled your eyes. if Jenn thinks i was being an asshole, id like to hear it from her and ill gladly apologize to her...you keep avoiding the question though, so this debate is useless

travis2
08-30-2004, 06:16 PM
Why should I answer the question when you haven't?

Bandit2981
08-30-2004, 06:18 PM
i did, you just reject my answers, which isnt my problem. why dont you be a sport and show me how its done...answer the questions about Bush so i can see what exactly are the kind of answers that are acceptable to you, and ill try my best to do the same for kerry

SpursWoman
08-30-2004, 06:23 PM
The big question I have about what you posted, Bandit, is that it really doesn't answer how any of that's going to be paid for. If the economy is that bad, and the deficit is THAT high...how is cutting taxes and increased spending going to help? Just pulling out of Iraq (if that's even possible at the point) won't be near enough to cut it.

It all sounds like all the rhetoric you hear from every candidate every four years.

Clinton was a campaigning beast with healthcare reform, etc, when he was campaigning in 1992 & 1996. Anything ever come of that?

travis2
08-30-2004, 06:23 PM
You didn't answer anything. Any sad sack can learn to cut and paste.

I notice you didn't actually provide any way to quantify your putative answers. No way to pay for anything. No way to convince countries who supposedly aren't "with us" to suddenly jump on the bandwagon.

No, you've failed. And I'm not going to reward your failure.

Step up to the plate like you've been asked to and then we'll talk.

travis2
08-30-2004, 06:24 PM
In other words...what she said...

Bandit2981
08-30-2004, 06:35 PM
like i said, why dont YOU or SPURSWOMAN answer the questions about Bush? tell me what Bush's plans are and how he will pay for them, while slashing the record deficit. i dont know all of kerrys specifics about cost, just generally what he is proposing, such as setting tax levels back to clinton levels for those making over 200,000 a year, giving tax credits to companies that keep jobs in america, and so forth. you can dispute the numbers and how much they will actually bring in all you want, but thats part of the answer i assume you are asking about. i suppose you have in-depth knowledge about Bush's plans, so, please, step up to the plate and show me an example of an answer for your candidate...

SpursWoman
08-30-2004, 06:39 PM
I've been asking someone (seriously) to answer me on those points for the last 2 WEEKS. And the best I get is, "Well, Bush...."

Bandit2981
08-30-2004, 06:41 PM
so thats why i said to Jenn, according to Travis in an asshole way, that the debates will probably address more of these specifics when they roll around

travis2
08-30-2004, 09:59 PM
Excuse me, Bandit, but when someone asks you a genuine question and you blow her off with some non-thinking drivel, that is being an asshole. I realize you Democrats are often manners-challenged, but I thought even you could figure that out.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-30-2004, 11:09 PM
Bandit quit being such an ass and answer the question.

Kerry wants universal health care, where is the money coming from?

Are we all going to pay all of our income back into a federal fund to cover the costs of it?

Are we going to disband the military and let Osama tackle us at will? No more troops, but hey - we've got health care for all!

Or are we going to isolate ourselves, not help out anyone in the world, and spend it on ourselves?

Tell us. Quit being such a dick to Spurswoman and answer the question. Just that one. Who's going to pay for it all?

:Q

Bandit2981
08-30-2004, 11:38 PM
hey aggie, why dont you answer the questions about Bush? its fair, right? lets hear your side please

Quit being such a dick to Spurswoman and answer the question
me and SW are coo, she knows i have nothing against her :fro

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-31-2004, 12:05 AM
What's the question?

All I saw you reference towards Bush was calling him a druggie back on page 1.

A page and a half later, here you are still having not answered how Kerry is gonna pay for it.

If you come up with a question, I'll answer it AFTER you explain how Kerry is gonna pay for it.

I don't give a shit about your relationship with SW, you've been an ass in this thread and still have pussy-footed around like the typical liberal when it comes to committing to anything.

All we want to know is how Kerry is gonna pay for it. I can't answer to Bush's plans for the next four years because he hasn't spoken at the RNC.

All I got out of the DNC is that Kerry was a war hero or some crap like that. It's nice that you came up with that copy and paste about Kerry and Edwards plan for the next four years, but how the hell are they going to pay for it?

Liberals are already bitching about the war on terror, how it's costing money. Well, where the hell are they going to get the cash for universal health care?

:Q

T Park Num 9
08-31-2004, 12:08 AM
Why doesnt bandit just answer the question.

Bandit2981
08-31-2004, 09:20 AM
ive tried, but its pointless with ya'll...apparently this proves you guys dont have any answers either, so i guess thats the end of that

SpursWoman
08-31-2004, 10:06 AM
But read what you posted, Bandit. Don't you think those answers are really pretty vague to really answer the questions, though?

It's all fine and great to stand up there and say how you're going to fix every problem every single American is facing, and it sounds wonderful, so eloquently presented, that I can see how the less-than-astute would buy into it. But how are they going to do it? How can every other candidate say the same thing every 4 years and people still continue to not ask how, especially when rarely does any of it come to fruition?

What really turns me off about him is that I realize what happens when these *well-meaners* hit gridlock in Congress, and understand that you don't just go into office with all of these great intentions and expect everything to go their way. He just doesn't seem to have the fortitude to charge on whether his idea is popular or not, which is how his Senate record, IMO, is very damaging. He can't appear to stick with anything, so how's he's supposed to get any of that accomplished?

bigzak25
08-31-2004, 11:31 AM
the money to pay for universal health care?

i think he'll tax the tooth fairy since we're talking fantasy anyway.....

Bandit2981
08-31-2004, 12:17 PM
i know what you mean SW, but i cited a few examples of how things could be paid for in an ealier post, going by what sticks in my mind from kerrys speeches. you and others may not agree on the amount it would bring in, or how much it would really help to pay for these programs, but i cited nonetheless what i have heard mentioned. still, i get hassled for apparently not answering anything...and conversely, i still havent heard how Bush will pay for any of his ideas. ive tried to give answers, but no one even reads i guess...anyways, this will just go in cirlces forever so theres no point in continuing :p

Samurai Jane
08-31-2004, 02:27 PM
Now now, gentlemen, no need for the name calling. I understood that Bandit didn't know the "hows" when he posted those answers, directing me to watch the debates for further specifics. I accepted that and I am looking forward to the debates for those specifics.