ducks
12-08-2005, 09:21 AM
Houston (5-12) at Sacramento (7-11)
Houston (5-12) at Sacramento (7-11)

Preview - Box Score - Recap

Game Info: 10:30 pm EST Thu Dec 8, 2005
TV: TNT Add to Calendar
Buy Tickets

It's no coincidence that Tracy McGrady is completely healthy and the Houston Rockets are starting to put some wins together.
McGrady hopes to help the Rockets roll back into contention as they open a six-game road trip against the Sacramento Kings at Arco Arena.

McGrady tied his season high with 35 points in the Rockets' 91-73 victory over Boston on Saturday. It marked Houston's second win in three games since a season-high seven-game losing streak.

McGrady showed no signs of the back spasms that sidelined him for eight of Houston's first 14 games this season.

"I got into a great rhythm," said McGrady, who hit 14 of 20 shots. "My legs felt good, back felt good. Just overall, physically, mentally, it was great out there."

ADVERTISEMENT

McGrady also had seven rebounds and five assists. The All-Star swingman also scored 35 in a 99-91 win over New Jersey on Nov. 11, his first game back from the injury he suffered on Nov. 4.

McGrady admitted he returned too soon the first time and was back on the bench after four more games. On Tuesday, he felt as good as he has in a long time.

"I felt like my old self," McGrady said, "and that's a great feeling to have."

McGrady's good health does not bode well for slumping Sacramento.

Shareef Abdur-Rahim scored 25 points for the Kings in a 102-97 loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers on Tuesday. Sacramento lost its fourth straight overall and has dropped three consecutive home games for the first time since April 7-11, 2000.

Bonzi Wells added 19 points, 12 rebounds and six assists for the Kings, who are off to a rocky 7-11 start in their first season with Abdur-Rahim and Wells.

Coach Rick Adelman acknowledged his tenuous job security on Monday, but vowed to keep trying combinations with his reconfigured lineup.

"We've lost four in a row and three at home -- that's not good," Adelman said. "I know how to get out of it. We have to come back tomorrow and look at this game, and just keep pushing. You can't give up on it. You have to keep pushing and break through, and once you break through, you can start building. But you have to get there first."

STANDINGS (through Dec. 7) : Rockets - 5th place, 9 1/2 GB, Southwest Division. Kings - 5th place, 6 GB, Pacific Division.

PROBABLE STARTERS: Rockets - F Ryan Bowen, F Juwan Howard, C Yao Ming, G David Wesley, G McGrady. Kings - F Peja Stojakovic, F Abdur-Rahim, C Brad Miller, G Wells, G Mike Bibby.

TEAM LEADERS: Rockets - McGrady, 22.4 ppg and 4.4 apg; Yao, 8.9 rpg. Kings - Bibby, 18.4 ppg; Wells, 8.1 rpg; Miller, 6.1 apg.

SEASON SERIES: Rockets, 1-0.

LAST MEETING: Nov. 2; Rockets, 98-89. At Houston, Jon Barry scored 24 points in a season-opening win over the Rockets. McGrady had 23 points for Houston.

ROAD/HOME RECORDS: Rockets - 2-6 on the road; Kings - 6-6 at