PDA

View Full Version : Son of a Queen Mary II!

WriterNum934
08-30-2004, 12:32 AM
The USA team should have been eating here:

http://www.manuginobili.com/media/gallery/data/media/18/jjoo2004_atenas14.jpg

Instead of eating here:

http://www.luxurient.com/gallery/pictures/Britannia-Overview.jpg

timvp
08-30-2004, 12:42 AM
Why? Team chemistry isn't made by eating in a cafeteria.

gettym
08-30-2004, 12:50 AM
i'd much rather eat in the olympic village than on a fucking boat.

Das Texan
08-30-2004, 01:00 AM
it aint made on a luxury liner neither.

King Latifah
08-30-2004, 01:01 AM
So, we've established that this thread is pointless...

T Park Num 9
08-30-2004, 01:02 AM
hmmm luxiorious dining orrr sitting next to euzbekastan's lesbian butch weight lifter eating cheese sandwiches and THG injected apples.

Ill take Queen Mary. Can you blame them??

The boat aint what lost it.

E20
08-30-2004, 01:02 AM
Ginobili's place looks better than the other place.

ShineOnYouCrazyManu
08-30-2004, 02:25 AM
But they were the only ones in Queen Mary II, the rest of the American team were in the Olympic Village. Even Michael Phelps, a guy who won more gold medals than most of the countries, was at the Village. World records holders, gold medalists or amateur sportsmen were all in there.

Why did the Basketball team deserved a different treatment?

Whottt
08-30-2004, 04:06 AM
The basketball players were treated differently because they were rich, high profile symbols of America and the USA considered that they would have been the prime targets of terrorists.

And the mens basketball players were not the only US athletes on the boat BTW. The female basketball players and soccer players were also on the boat...among others.

As you can see...the boat really fucked up the chemistry of the womens basketball and soccer teams.

Whottt
08-30-2004, 04:09 AM
Why did the Basketball team deserved a different treatment?

For the same reason that some of Manu's own countrymen tried to take members of his family hostage.

ShineOnYouCrazyManu
08-30-2004, 01:41 PM
It's not the same reason, those kiddnapping issues were serious, and realistic. The U.S. and security issues, well it's been proven trough the games. And also proved that you can't thrust anybody, If I were Greek, I would be upset about it, what makes you think they're safer in the Queen Mary II than in the Olympic Village with Greek security?

Das Texan
08-30-2004, 02:24 PM
I would of preferred to stay in teh Olympic village.

But then again, I love learning about others' cultures and other various things.

E20
08-30-2004, 02:37 PM
What is TD gonna do? Eat a sandwich with 4 forks and 3 knives.

KoriEllis
08-30-2004, 03:23 PM
If I were Greek, I would be upset about it, what makes you think they're safer in the Queen Mary II than in the Olympic Village with Greek security?

Well the U.S. had reason to believe they may not be safe in the Olympic Village. And just because nothing (terrorist-related) happened doesn't mean it wouldn't have happened if they were there.

I don't see anything wrong with the U.S. doing everything they could to protect them by having the players on the Queen Mary II and having their own security. If I were the players or part of their family, I would be happy that the U.S. was doing what they could to protect them.

Just because you show the Argentinean team eating in a lunch room, doesn't mean that the U.S. players didn't have somewhere to relax and kick back and eat together on the Queen Mary II.

alamo50
08-30-2004, 03:45 PM
"Why? Team chemistry isn't made by eating in a cafeteria"

Olympic spirit is.

Das Texan
08-30-2004, 04:03 PM
but it is a major reason why fans were constantly booing the americans.

whatever thats worth.

ShineOnYouCrazyManu
08-30-2004, 04:05 PM
This is not just about Queen Mary vs. Olympic Village. It's about role models for kids. If the kids playing basketball right now watch the American Basketball team away from the rest of the athletes then it would be no surprise than in the 2012 olympics the Carmelo Anthony attitude would be all over again.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-30-2004, 04:09 PM
ShineOnYou,

Everyone thought there was going to be a terrorist attack, more than likely on the Americans, even the Greeks.

Drop the stupid role model bullshit, that's not an issue. In case you didn't notice AI was talking all about representing your country, that's the attitude that's going to prevail, not CA's pissiness over Larry Brown CB'in his PT.

what makes you think they're safer in the Queen Mary II than in the Olympic Village with Greek security?

I'd rather have my life in the hands of US Special Forces guarding the boat than in Greek security (who couldn't keep a guy with a tutu off a dive platform, not to mention the marathoner getting tackled yesterday).

You're way off base in your criticism. The majority of the world felt there would be an attack in Athens, hell it's part of the reason the Greek people stayed home from the events.

Quit being so whiny about this, it's a non-issue.

BTW, Olympic Village as a role model for kids? You must have missed the fact that they had to refill the condom machines in the Village in Australia every three hours or something crazy like that. One hell of a role model environment if you ask me.

SAmikeyp
08-30-2004, 04:10 PM
but it is a major reason why fans were constantly booing the americans.

which of course explains the booing of Americans at the track and field events, swimming etc. even though those athletes did stay at the Olympic Village.

ShineOnYouCrazyManu
08-30-2004, 04:36 PM
We have very different visions of the world, but I'm not going to argue because this is a Basketball forum.

The booing in the track event was not destined to the Americans it was to the OIC, because they denied some Greek athlete the participation for not showing up to a drugs test.

The argentinian team was booed the whole game against Greece, that's what home court advantage is supposed to be.

WriterNum934
08-30-2004, 05:37 PM
Yeah, terrorist possibly couldn't bomb the ship.... :wink

They stayed there because they could. Which is understandable. But when you want to form some kind of real Olmpic chemisty, living on boat that is two times the size the Titantic isn't the way to do it.

Hey, where's Amare?

He's on the other side of the boat watching a movie.

Where's Melo?

He's somewhere shopping.

Oh ok.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-30-2004, 05:58 PM
Go build a highway Buddy Holly.

If the Navy Seals say that Team USA is safer and easier to protect on a cruise liner, I'm not gonna argue with them.

Whottt
08-30-2004, 06:15 PM
We have very different visions of the world, but I'm not going to argue because this is a Basketball forum.

No doubt we have different versions...

In your version...

No airplanes flew into the world trade center.

11 Israeli athletes weren't murdered by the PLO at the 1972 Olympics.

Americans aren't being held hostage and murdered by Islamic fundamentalists.

People aren't being caught repeatedly trying to commit terrorist acts in the USA.

No one has sworn to bring death and destruction on the USA and it's citizens.

And Manu's family was just a random target for kidnappers and his fame and wealth had nothing to do with it.

I think your version is what is known as fantasy land.

The booing in the track event was not destined to the Americans it was to the OIC, because they denied some Greek athlete the participation for not showing up to a drugs test.

The argentinian team was booed the whole game against Greece, that's what home court advantage is supposed to be.

I don't know what the coverage was like where you were watching but none of the other men were booed when their names were announced at that track event...only the Americans.

Whottt
08-30-2004, 06:16 PM
Yeah, terrorist possibly couldn't bomb the ship....

Actually it would have been a lot harder to do to that ship...besides who says the only tool of terrorists is bombing?

They didn't bomb 11 Israeli athletes at the 1972 Olympics. They mudered them.

They aren't bombing the hostages they are taking in Iraq, they are beheading them.

They stayed there because they could. Which is understandable. But when you want to form some kind of real Olmpic chemisty, living on boat that is two times the size the Titantic isn't the way to do it.

Then how do you explain the performace of the womens Soccer and Basketball teams...neither of which lost a game.

Waiting for your explanation...

Whottt
08-30-2004, 06:19 PM
And besides...who cares where they stayed...it's just an excuse to bash them...it wasn't like they rented the ship, I imagine the US Government had a lot to do with it.

gettym
08-30-2004, 07:56 PM
they spent 1.5 billion dollars on security for the games jackass, The olympic village was the safest place in the world the last 2+ weeks.

ShineOnYouCrazyManu
08-30-2004, 07:57 PM
Ok, you've gone too far, now that you're out of your mind, just go and drop some bombs on a poor country children's and then you'll relax. :smokin2

Do not talk about the kiddnapping situation in Argentina, because you don't know shit about it.

Your "the world vs. USA" vision is the fantasy land. Europeans, South Americans and the rest of the people are not looking to bomb America, they don't hate America, hell, they don't even care about Americans bussiness.

Madmen with a "we're right and those who oppose us deserve to die" religion feeded vision exist in the whole world. From Baghdad, Madrid, Tokyo or Washington. They're differenced by their motives and their guns, or the religious book they read.

I can understand the Americans have security concerns, of course they should, but they will not be worked out isolating yourselves in a paranoic "they want to kill us" thing. Understanding and sharing with other nations will.

T Park Num 9
08-30-2004, 08:14 PM
just go and drop some bombs on a poor country children's and then you'll relax.

Huh......

What the heck does that mean.

ShineOnYouCrazyManu
08-30-2004, 08:22 PM
Being ironic could be more insulting than insulting.

SequSpur
08-30-2004, 08:53 PM
Foreigners will always be foreigners...

Begging for shit.

ShoogarBear
08-30-2004, 08:55 PM
This can probably be debated endlessly, but it boils down to this:

if you had to choose from among the following worst-case scenarios, which would it be:

1. US basketball doesn't win gold, everyone gets home safe.
2. US basektball wins gold, everyone doesn't get home safe.

Not that staying on the QM II guaranteed safety, but somebody with some expertise obviously thought it was safer.

(Likewise, staying the village wouldn't guarantee or probably even increase the chances of a gold medal.)

Whottt
08-30-2004, 09:00 PM
they spent 1.5 billion dollars on security for the games jackass, The olympic village was the safest place in the world the last 2+ weeks.

Good for them...but guess what...our country took it up on itself to make absolutely sure it's highest profile targets were doubly protected. And I don't have a problem with it. Just like I don't have problem with the guys who wanted to go and play for their country like a lot of idiots do.

The fact that the US went to all that trouble to make sure it's highest profile athletes were protected...That's not a valid excuse for criticism dickhead, it's a reason to give credit.

ShineOnYouCrazyManu
08-30-2004, 09:06 PM
Foreigners will always be foreigners...

That redneck ignorant attitude is the reason why Americans are seen badly in the world, luckily they're not all like you.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-30-2004, 09:06 PM

1. Despite all that, a fruitcake in a tutu jumped off a diving board, and some weirdo tackled the leader of the men's marathon yesterday. Safest place in the world my ass.

2. Like I said, the Navy Seals were over there protecting the QMII. The Greeks didn't oppose, hell they were probably glad to have us watching over the highest profile targets and have that out of their hands.

Shineboy,

We need to just end this argument. You are going a little overboard on your responses. Chill out. The important thing is that everyone came home safe, no matter how they were covered while they were there.

ShineOnYouCrazyManu
08-30-2004, 09:11 PM
I won't argue that, but I don't think that Team USA stayed in the Queen Mary II for security reasons. I don't buy it. If it was so safe to stay in it, then Shaq, and all the others who refused to show up because of security issues, should have been there.

E20
08-30-2004, 09:15 PM
I still like Manu's place better but, knowing what eachother's favorite food is not gonna help our obvious shooting woes. Chemistry is made up of playing and living with eachother for several years. IMO the USA NT will never have chemistry like anyother NT team.

Whottt
08-30-2004, 09:17 PM
Shine, I tell you what...you don't like me talking shit about Argentina? Then don't fucking start it by talking shit about my country...it's amazing how that works...

But since you have felt qualified to do that...I'll tell you what...you can take your jealousy and stick it straight the **** up your own ass.

You are either an idiot...or you expect us to be...

Your "the world vs. USA" vision is the fantasy land. Europeans, South Americans and the rest of the people are not looking to bomb America, they don't hate America, hell, they don't even care about Americans bussiness.

I don't think it's USA VS the world...I don't think South Americans want to do shit...and nowwhere have I said that...

But you must be fucking ignorant of Geogrpahy of the World if you don't realize that Greece is about as close as you can get to Iraq and Syria or the mideast without actually being in the mid-east. And hell Turkey's govt is at best ambivalent about us but it's population has it's share of American hating radicals.

We are involved in a defacto war...this is not fantasy.

3000 of our citizens were killed in fantasy land.

Madmen with a "we're right and those who oppose us deserve to die" religion feeded vision exist in the whole world. From Baghdad, Madrid, Tokyo or Washington. They're differenced by their motives and their guns, or the religious book they read.

Yeah? And it just so happens that the madmen that hate us were just a hop skip and a jump away from the Olympics.

We don't tell you how to worry about your madmen...you don't tell us how to worry about ours..mmmkay?

I can understand the Americans have security concerns, of course they should, but they will not be worked out isolating yourselves in a paranoic "they want to kill us" thing. Understanding and sharing with other nations will.

Um most other nations are assholes that want money from us and then turn around and blame us for their own fucking problems...those that don't do that we usually don't have ships to protect our Olympic team..

And who gives you the right to speak for every nation in the world...It's easy for you to say we shouldn't sweat it...Your flag being burned isn't the national pastime of about 50 different countries...

You don't want us to isolate ourselves? Naturally, that's how we became the worlds policeman and wallet...but it seems to me we aren't isolating ourselves right now, it seems to me we have been one of the more sociable countries of the world lately...it's part of what has caused our problems and as usual lots of people are bitching about it.

Oh and by the way...You should stop being a fan of Manu since he comes to a country of babykillers to make his money...I know, we forced him to do it...the CIA tricked him.

ducks
08-30-2004, 09:17 PM
shaq did not want ot go because he would have to be in shape
and besided that the fiba would not let him do what he does in th enab and he would look bad

Whottt
08-30-2004, 09:21 PM
Shine a full of shit hypocrite...

Says he doesn't hate Americans and then runs baby killer smack the first chance he gets...typical jealousy. He smiles with gritted teeth.

At least we don't go around trashing a country where our athletes go to become rich...if we did we'd probably be hypocrites too.

E20
08-30-2004, 09:27 PM
All this over two lunch rooms.

WriterNum934
08-30-2004, 09:35 PM
Hey Aggie,

Those things did not take place IN THE OLYMPIC VILLAGE numnuts.

Those things occured during competitions where anyone with a ticket could get in.

Just like the basketball arena.

Like Getty said, the Olympic Village was the safest place for the past two weeks.

You'd get arrested without credentials. And if you're using the 1972 Olympic hostage situtation as the excuse fof their residences on the QMII, then you one wak mofo. How long ago was that, 32 years!

And if you knew anything, those men didn't die in the Olympics Village, they along with the terrorists were killed at the airport when the police tired to ambush the terrorists.

And why would the basketball team be the biggest target, it makes no sense. And do not say money because last time I checked, the women basketball players nor the american soccor players make a lot.

So why were they on the QMII? Why were the rest of the American athletes in the Village?

I'm sorry, there was no excuse.

ShineOnYouCrazyManu
08-30-2004, 09:36 PM
Keep on Whoott, everytime you type, you spill out violence, arrogance, ignorance and hate.

Maybe someday you could change, maybe.

WriterNum934
08-30-2004, 09:53 PM
All this over two lunch rooms.

No, the eating areas was an example of a larger issue. The fact that they stayed in a luxury liner while 99% of the other athletes lived in the Village. Where you're supposed to.

Whottt
08-30-2004, 09:54 PM
LMAO you fucking idiot...I didn't call you a baby killer.

To illustrate how incredibly stupid you and writernum934 are...

Ok first of all you morons...In fucking Greece and Turkey there are terrorist organizations that are Anti American. They have bombed American buildings in Greece. They have anti American demonstrations in Greece. Did you not see the fucking protests when Powell was going to visit there?

Furthermore...

Greece is located on the Mediterranian Sea...You want know what other countries border the mediterranian sea?

Egypt
Lebanon
Syria
Algeria
Libya

The Gaza strip also borders the mediterranian...

Do you want me to give you a list of the anti american terrorist organizations that are located in those countries? Should I start to read off the nationalities of the 911 hijackers?

Nah, we are just being paranoid...those countries are the charter members of the we love America Fan Club.

Having a computer doesn't make you smart or an expert on how the USA should make sure it's athletes are secure.

And it should also be pretty obvious that America and that ship were part of the security force for those games.

WriterNum934
08-30-2004, 09:55 PM
Don't hate on Whottt or else he'll call you bad names and through your own arguments at you and say you're wrong and call you bad names...

Whottt
08-30-2004, 10:00 PM
Don't hate on Whottt or else he'll call you bad names

Why does this stupid comment not surprise me coming from you...

Yeah, I am bad guy because when someone calls me a babykiller I insult them back.

ShineOnYouCrazyManu
08-30-2004, 10:04 PM
I did not mean you are a babykiller, it was a wind up. Capisce the difference?

smeagol
08-30-2004, 10:06 PM
Why can't we all get along?

Argentina just won the basketball gold medal. Argentines are happy.

Manu, who plays for Argentina, also plays for the Spurs and the Spurs fans who post in this forum are also happy (for Manu and his accompishment).

Whottt, Shine, give yourselves a big hug and make up.

RIGHT NOW!

Thank you.

:next3

ShineOnYouCrazyManu
08-30-2004, 10:09 PM
:smokin2 Let's a have a smoke on the pipe of peace...

smeagol
08-30-2004, 10:21 PM
There you go Shine! Whottt, its your turn . . . :kiss

WriterNum934
08-30-2004, 10:40 PM
See!

Whottt is a meaning butt.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-30-2004, 11:05 PM
Like I said Buddy Holly, go build a freeway on the southside.

Hey Aggie,

Those things did not take place IN THE OLYMPIC VILLAGE numnuts.

Those things occured during competitions where anyone with a ticket could get in.

Just like the basketball arena.

Like Getty said, the Olympic Village was the safest place for the past two weeks.

How hard would it be to lob some rockets into the Olympic Village, like what happens in the Baghdad Green Zone, or like happens to Israel courtesy its neighbors?

Go get yourself an atlas and check out the geography in that part of the world (nevermind, Whott already covered it).

No one knew where the cruise ship would be in the harbor. On the other hand, everyone's known where the Olympic Village was going to be for years.

Not that hard to do some legwork and plot out GPS-wise where to aim for, and do some simple math on targeting mortars/rockets.

And AGAIN, our United States Navy Seals, the most elite fighting force in the world, said our high profile athletes would be safer and easier for them to protect on a boat.

Those guys were defending freedom when you were playing with your Hotwheels dreaming of your southside freeway, I think I'm gonna go with them over your nappy ass.

You'd get arrested without credentials. And if you're using the 1972 Olympic hostage situtation as the excuse fof their residences on the QMII, then you one wak mofo. How long ago was that, 32 years!

Who says anything about getting arrested? You think members of a group who committed suicide by flying into buildings on 9/11, who strap C4 and ball bearings to their chest and blow up buses, etc. would be worried about arrest? Wake the F up Buddy Holly.

As for '72, you need to brush up on your history.

And if you knew anything, those men didn't die in the Olympics Village, they along with the terrorists were killed at the airport when the police tired to ambush the terrorists.

And if you knew anything, you'd know that

1) two athletes were killed in their rooms at the onset
2) those terrorists were trying to get out alive - in case ya didn't notice our new enemy likes to martyr themselves - there wouldn't be any negotiating for flights to other countries, just dead Americans

And why would the basketball team be the biggest target, it makes no sense. And do not say money because last time I checked, the women basketball players nor the american soccor players make a lot.

Do you understand a fucking thing about what's going on, about WHY OBL and Co. hate us? They blame globalization, our economic might for the sorry economy in the Middle East.

Our men's basketball program, followed by the media darling women's softball and soccer teams, were our most visible athletes, the most representative of our economic might - 100 million dollars to play basketball for example, a sport watched by millions here in the US. It's not money you twit it's being high profile.

So why were they on the QMII? Why were the rest of the American athletes in the Village?

I'm sorry, there was no excuse.

Why were you born? Why did your parents not use a condom? I'm sorry, there was no excuse.

Go brush up on your world history, your Islamic history, and get back to me.

If I was going somewhere there was a probable threat of a terrorist attack, I'd sure rather be protected by the Navy Seals than the mighty Greek security force, which in case you missed it had a bomb blow up a scant two weeks before the Olympics right in Athens.

I know you're not the brightest guy in the bunch, but just shut up. Every time you speak you look dumber than the last time, and that's a challenge even for someone with your (lack of) mental capacity.

E20
08-31-2004, 12:54 AM
I agree with Smeagol, can't we all get along and set aside our differences?

http://www.ide-a.net/images/peace.jpg

WriterNum934
08-31-2004, 02:36 AM
I'm sorry you're a pussy Aggie.

But Texas A&M will do that to you. And your mom breast feeding you up until three weeks ago will also have an effect.

And Aggie, I just finished my first freeway.

Sorry about having to relocate your home. You'll find your cardboard box in the dumpster behind the XXX theater.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-31-2004, 02:49 AM
Pussy huh? Didn't hear that out of your girlfriend the other night.

Well I guess if you don't have an argument the next step in the pissing match is to resort to personal attacks, but it's not surprising to me at all.

Just finished your first highway eh? Must have been some long hot hours laying the asphalt for ya.

Sorry you got called out, maybe if you knew a little more history you'd have a clue.

WriterNum934
08-31-2004, 03:32 AM
No, you're a pussy for making excuses for the reason the USA basketball (men and women) and soccer team "needed" to stay on the cruise liner.

Face man, you're a big PUSSY.

One big o' PUSS-SAY!

Go Aggies! Big ass pussies!

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-31-2004, 03:34 AM
Um, you're a pussy and a dumbass for getting so worked up over this.

Damn dude, do us all a favor and go back to spursreport and hang with Crusty, it's obvious you belong over there with the fifteen year olds.

iF they would have stayed in the Olympic Village and something would have happened, your nappy ass would be on here bitching about why our government didn't do more to take care of them.

The world's a different place today, some folks choose to deal in this little thing called reality, you're welcome to join us.

Das Texan
08-31-2004, 03:37 AM
here's the one thing i'd like to add....

we talk about the Olympic village and the Queen Mary.

but yet....

why didnt all our athletes have the option to stay on the Queen Mary if we were truly concerned about the security of our athletes. Why only select athletes were on the Queen Mary?

just a thought.

WriterNum934
08-31-2004, 03:42 AM
Um, you're a pussy and a dumbass for getting so worked up over this.

Bite me jackass.

Damn dude, do us all a favor and go back to spursreport and hang with Crusty, it's obvious you belong over there with the fifteen year olds.

Were you one of those 15 year olds before you were banned?

iF they would have stayed in the Olympic Village and something would have happened, your nappy ass would be on here bitching about why our government didn't do more to take care of them.

Did anything happen? No. The USA wasn't anymore or less of a target than any of the other hundreds of countries in that village. Quit making excuses for them. They stayed on that ship because they could, not because they had too. Not because they were scared of being killed. If they were so scared of being killed, they wouldn't have even left the damn country. They were no safer on some big boat than in a highly secure Village.

The world's a different place today, some folks choose to deal in this little thing called reality, you're welcome to join us.

I'm in reality buddy. A&M is full of jerkoff pussies. You should feel proud.

WriterNum934
08-31-2004, 03:45 AM
why didnt all our athletes have the option to stay on the Queen Mary if we were truly concerned about the security of our athletes. Why only select athletes were on the Queen Mary?

Exactly, it had nothing to do with security. Just feeding million dollar egos with a million dollar lifestyle.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-31-2004, 04:38 AM
Das Texan poses a good question, my guess is we felt putting them all in one place would have been a bad idea.

Just feeding million dollar egos with a million dollar lifestyle

Good point, exemplified by the women's softball and soccer teams being on the boat as well. Damn if all of them aren't millionaires many times over, great point Buddy folly.

Were you one of those 15 year olds before you were banned?

Haha. Banned? What did I do again? Oh yeah, call out Dusty for being a prick to Kori and LJ. Stupid me... Shit, most of us here wear the getting banned thing as a medal of honor - we weren't part of the junior high nerd parade that you and the other kiddies who made up his fan club bragged about and looked forward to being a part of every day when you got home from alternate schooling.

Meanwhile you were hanging on Crusty's every word, waiting for his "insider" scoop that got him the boot from WOAI. LOL!

Jerkoff pussies?

Please, I'm not the one with the Crusty Garza blowup doll to keep me happy on those lonely Saturday nights you know and love.

The sad thing is you're still the same juvenile delinquent you were at the old site, guess the ridlin isn't working.

Your last five posts in this thread have all been bullshit. I guess I owe you an apology for setting you in your uninformed, misguided place.

Have a nice day. Look us up when you graduate junior high.

KoriEllis
08-31-2004, 05:07 AM
This thread is getting moved to the Political Forum.

My personal opinion is that I don't see anything wrong with the team being protected on the Queen Mary 2. Many players were reluctant to go because of security concerns. They did their best to protect their security.

If you don't think there was anywhere where all the guys on the US Team hung out together and kicked back, eating and promoting "team unity" on the boat, then you are crazy.

You see one picture of a formal dining room and you assume that the team was snooty, distanced, and isolated from each other.

I'm sure they had many lounges and eating facilities where they could have hung out together and "bonded".

Four Argentineans eating sandwiches at a picnic table is not why they beat the U.S.

Anyway, enjoy yourselves in the political forum ... this isn't a basketball thread.

WriterNum934
08-31-2004, 05:43 AM
I'm not on Dusty's jock either, I seriously can't stand the dude. He poses under different names and passes it off as someone else.

He'll delete your shit and say it was an accident and post the exact thing you did.

I can't stand the guy and a lot of those MOD pricks (LadySpur and 2B are cool).

But just because I don't like the owner or some of the workers doesn't mean I won't post on the message board. Lots of interesting talk goes on in The Cantina.

The Spurs board is the spurs board. Info on the Spurs.

But quit making out to be some Dusty follower.

WriterNum934
08-31-2004, 05:44 AM
It's more than just the eating areas Kori.

It's the fact that they stayed in this luxury liner while the rest of the athletes said in the village, like they're supposed to.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-31-2004, 01:25 PM
Fucking A Buddy Holly,

How do you explain the women's softball and soccer teams staying there?

Outside of Mia Hamm, none of them are anywhere near being millionaires, especially the softball team.

They were there because they are high profile, not because of your myopic "rich people" syndrome.

E20
08-31-2004, 01:29 PM
This topic is getting http://www.fullsportpress.com/hot.gifER by the minute. Just give it up already. This is silly arguement.