PDA

View Full Version : "Get to Work" All-Star Balloting Contest

Kori Ellis
12-08-2005, 02:08 PM
SAN ANTONIO, December 8, 2005 - NBA All-Star Balloting officially began across the globe Friday, November 18. This year, the San Antonio Spurs have announced the ultimate voting "project" where fans may vote to send the nominated Spurs players to Houston, TX for the 55th Annual NBA All-Star Game at the Toyota Center on Sunday, February 19, 2006.

Beginning December 13 through January 12 at select Spurs games, fans may participate in the "Get to Work" All-Star Balloting Contest. The contest is themed on building the ultimate All-Star Team.

Each night the first 100 contestants will receive a Spurs player "project" game card, which is stamped after completing 20 ballots at each player's project ballot center. The six available player project centers are Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, Bruce Bowen, Robert Horry, and Michael Finley. Once the contestants complete all 120 ballots, they will receive a "Get to Work" Spurs official all-star t-shirt. After the contestants receive the t-shirt, they will be qualified to win bigger Spurs prizes.

High school ROTC programs are also taking part in the festivities by forming "Ballot Squads." The top three squads that complete the most ballots will receive Spurs prizes.

Spurs fans that do not participate in the contests may still vote for their 2006 Spurs All-Star nominees by visiting www.spurs.com or www.nba.com. This year fans will have the opportunity to vote in more ways than ever as the balloting program for the 2006 NBA All-Star Game has expanded this season to include 19 languages. Fans must select one center, two guards, and two forwards from both the Eastern and Western Conferences for their vote to be valid. Voting for the 2006 NBA All-Star Game will last until January 22, 2006.

spursfaninla
12-08-2005, 03:14 PM
They are encouraging fans to fill out more than one ballot per person?
thats basically cheating.

JUUOT
12-08-2005, 03:29 PM
thats basically cheating.

Are you fucking kidding me? :spin

lilmads
12-08-2005, 03:36 PM
Haha, that's awesome mannnn... I'm sure other teams are gonna do the same thing, so I really don't consider it cheating.. Afterall, you can vote as much as you want;)

spursfaninla
12-08-2005, 04:17 PM
They don't really encourage you to vote as much as you want on the internet; now you have to give them your email and so on.

Sure, if everyone cheats it evens out, but thats a pretty bad excuse for dishonesty.

I prefer to think the results are somewhat tied to actual human beings, and not representative of how many dedicated fans each players has that filled out 20 ballots each.

Phenomanul
12-08-2005, 04:32 PM
They don't really encourage you to vote as much as you want on the internet; now you have to give them your email and so on.

Sure, if everyone cheats it evens out, but thats a pretty bad excuse for dishonesty.

I prefer to think the results are somewhat tied to actual human beings, and not representative of how many dedicated fans each players has that filled out 20 ballots each.

You can only vote once in a 24hr period....

Phenomanul
12-08-2005, 04:33 PM
Someone needs to target the Argentinian populace....

tim_duncan_fan
12-08-2005, 06:20 PM
To vote more than once a day just clear your cookies. After you do that you can vote again. Just keep doing this until you get tired.

NZHayden
12-08-2005, 06:25 PM
i put my vote in about 3 weeks ago i think. i voted for all the spurs and had sean marks down as my write in!

Obstructed_View
12-08-2005, 08:27 PM
Voting for guys on your own team that don't deserve to be there is retarded. There are no rules against voting multiple times, therefore it's not cheating to vote multiple times. Clearing your cookies allows you to vote more often, but if memory serves the votes don't register, so it's a waste of time.

Fortunately, as a Spurs fan, my biggest problem is whether to vote for Gasol or Brand for the other forward spot.

milkyway21
12-08-2005, 08:40 PM
thats basically cheating.cheating? i voted everyday for Tim Duncan, TP, Manu & Rasho...for the All-Star :lol.

and i'll try voting 1xxx, if i can until deadline :lmao

ZStomp
12-08-2005, 08:54 PM
I haven't voted once this year. :spin

manu
12-08-2005, 09:03 PM
fuckin yao ming is proly gona brake his record of votes this year!!!!
1 billion people vote for him and if each gets 2 ballots....um lemme see...1billion x 2=.....that would be 2 billion votes right :spin
damn u yao!!!...stoudamire shoul've started last year!