PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Delfino for Jamal Crawford deal

theMUHMEshow
12-08-2005, 03:21 PM
You guys hear anything about this? Rumor has it they are talking about it on ESPN radio...

I know that Delfino wants out of Detroit REAL BAD!

kolko
12-08-2005, 03:23 PM
Where did you hear this?

Marklar MM
12-08-2005, 03:28 PM
I wouldn't pay much attention to this.

Crawford makes 6.5 mil this year, then 7.2, 7.92, 8.65, 9.36 player option, then 10 million.

Delfino makes 970 thousand this year, and 1 million next year.

With the Pistons having to sign Ben and Chauncey this and next year...why would they swap a guy making a million dollars, for a guy who makes 6.5 million plus over the next 5 years.

And anyway, it wouldn't work unless other players were thrown into the deal, and I doubt Joe D. would go after someone like Crawford.

theMUHMEshow
12-08-2005, 03:53 PM
It was on ESPN radio today...

ALVAREZ6
12-08-2005, 04:24 PM
I hope this happens just so Delfino gets some playing time.

Marklar MM
12-08-2005, 04:25 PM
I hope this happens just so Delfino gets some playing time.

Delfino wouldn't play my friend...he is deep inside Larry Brown's doghouse. He wanted to be traded when Brown was here. One of those...either me or him...situations.

ALVAREZ6
12-08-2005, 04:36 PM
Delfino wouldn't play my friend...he is deep inside Larry Brown's doghouse. He wanted to be traded when Brown was here. One of those...either me or him...situations.
Oh yeah, I didn't really think of that....he's still gonna be coached by Brown.

Fuckin retire already Larry Brown....you only won 1 chmapionship because you had the Pistons. You sucked with the Sixers except for 1 year, and now you suck with the Knicks.

theMUHMEshow
12-08-2005, 04:53 PM
He wants out of Detroit because there are too many good players ahead of him. If he went to NY he would be able to play a lot more. He doesnt mind LB he just hates not playing.

Marklar MM
12-08-2005, 04:56 PM
He hates LB.

kolko
12-08-2005, 07:30 PM
He hates LB.

Right. Delfino hates LB and LB hates Delfino.

Pistons < Spurs
12-08-2005, 09:41 PM
There was a big denial of this rumor in the Det paper a couple of days ago. Both Dumars and Delfino said it was BullShit. Delfino said that he has not asked to be traded, denied that he wants to leave Detroit.

And as previoulsy mentioned, it makes no sense financially. If there was anything in the works....which there isn't.....it would be for an expiring contract, or for a draft pick.

Also, Delfino would rather slit his wrists than end up in New York with LB again.

ESPN radio talks about a lot of stuff. In fact, for the last 2 or 3 years, they have talked about the big mythical trade that would send Garnett to Detroit.

Don't believe everything you hear. IMO ESPN jumps the gun on way to many unsubstantiated rumors just so they can have something to talk about.

Bloodline666
12-08-2005, 09:48 PM
First, KG, and now Carlos Delfino?

I wonder who starts these crazy trade rumors to begin with (we all know who started the KG trade rumors).

Oscar DeLa
12-08-2005, 09:55 PM
I don't know what it is but, is this like the time the Pistons were going to get Garnett for Wallace and Wallace?

FreshPrince22
12-09-2005, 12:36 AM
We don't have any garbage contracts to throw in, so no way this works. Besides, Delfino is the only guy that we have with some decent size at the 2/3. We would have the skinniest 2/3 trio in the history of the NBA with Rip, Tayshaun, and Crawford.

I prefer Delfino anyways. He played well against Chicago, so hopefully he earned some minutes. The only problem is that Tayshaun, Rip, and Mo have been lights out so far, and we haven't had a very game-heavy schedule to wear guys out, so we haven't needed him. I predict he'll be an 18-20mpg guy by the end of the season. He just does too many things well to keep him benched. If only he was a good defender :depressed Hopefully that comes the more he plays.
________
Big Women Live (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/bbw/)

Pistonfan1
12-09-2005, 03:21 AM
Delfino is a rising star who is cheap while Jamal is overpaid garbage. Thanks but no thanks. I would rather have the better more complete future version of Manu who could seriously give RIP a sweat for that starting 2 guard spot in another year or 2 when his rise to stardom goes up another notch.

cecil collins
12-09-2005, 04:22 AM
I would rather have the better more complete future version of Manu
Let me know when you find him. Scoff.

THE X-FACTOR
12-09-2005, 02:59 PM
You guys hear anything about this? Rumor has it they are talking about it on ESPN radio...

I know that Delfino wants out of Detroit REAL BAD!

^^^^ BS

nkdlunch
12-09-2005, 03:08 PM
Barry for Delfino

FreshPrince22
12-09-2005, 05:30 PM
Let me know when you find him. Scoff.

I think he meant "more complete" refering to Crawford. But he does have a lot of manu in his game.
________
COLORADO DISPENSARIES (http://colorado.dispensaries.org/)

ABDENOUR POWER
12-09-2005, 09:22 PM
No, FreshPrince. Manu has a lot of Delfino in his game.

Marklar MM
12-09-2005, 10:15 PM
Some say Manu has Delfino in his game...Some say Delfino has Manu in his game. Just merge them together, and call him Manfino. We can share him.

Pistonfan1
12-10-2005, 02:34 AM
^^ so says the Spurs fan. In 2 years Delfino will be making RIP sweat of fear of losing his starting job that is how great he will be.