PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker 1st in league in points scored in the paint.

Peter
12-08-2005, 11:11 PM
On the ESPN telecast last night it was pointed out that TP leads the league in points scored in the paint, while Duncan was 4th. That seems phenomenal. When was the last time a guard led the league in that for a season?

Vashner
12-08-2005, 11:19 PM
Aller tony aller premier dans la peinture.

Rummpd
12-08-2005, 11:20 PM
I would reckon that Iverson with his attacking style, has been close a few times but it is pretty remarkable if it happens.

LilMissSPURfect
12-08-2005, 11:49 PM
if it continues.....dare we say

mvParker?

ploto
12-09-2005, 09:26 AM
Parker and Tim/Rasho play well together with them setting screens and sealing off the other teams bigs and Tony finishing strong inside.

batman2883
12-09-2005, 09:30 AM
TP always falls off by the end of the season and fades in the playoffs....i wouldnt get too hyped up about it....but Timmy is starting to find his rythem and manu is still the freaking man

ducks
12-09-2005, 10:34 AM
tp was more consitant this year then last year
and manu and duncan both struggled in the playoff games this year also
tp really only had a 2 bad games and duncan and manu did to..............

Crookshanks
12-09-2005, 11:06 AM
Batman - what a way to be positive. You don't think Tony has improved greatly and could continue this play throughout the season?

BTW - I find the picture on your post extremely offensive.

5ToolMan
12-09-2005, 11:13 AM

I'm still undecided. I quess I will be forced to study the picture longer, to see if the answer pops up. :smokin

GoSpurs21
12-09-2005, 11:14 AM
BTW - I find the picture on your post extremely offensive.me too...this is no place for dancing lizards

Marklar MM
12-09-2005, 11:15 AM
I think Wade led the league last year...don't quote me though.

5ToolMan
12-09-2005, 11:16 AM

I agree! That Geico Lizard makes me puke.

5ToolMan
12-09-2005, 11:17 AM
me too...this is no place for dancing lizards

Damn, beat me to it.

Marklar MM
12-09-2005, 11:17 AM
Damn lizard needs to put on some clothes.

SA210
12-09-2005, 11:39 AM
How dare you take advantage of a lizard in that way? "Lizards 4 Freedom" will be all over this.

SA210
12-09-2005, 11:41 AM
Tony is tha man. I hope he keeps it up. Some teams will be smart, especially the playoffs, they will clog the lane. Tony has all season long to try and get that jumper going more consistantly in time for the playoffs.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-09-2005, 11:55 AM
shaq and amare, 2 players who get 80% of their points in the paint have been injured for most if not all of this entire season. and like the other poster said, parker usually fades come playoff time although he has looked good so far

xapatan2
12-09-2005, 12:17 PM
shaq and amare, 2 players who get 80% of their points in the paint have been injured for most if not all of this entire season. and like the other poster said, parker usually fades come playoff time although he has looked good so far

and yet again a typical post of the "bad-asses against Parker attitude"...

post from someone : " Parker has improved or has been good, etc...."

reply from the "bad-asses against Parker attitude" group :

but dont forget that he has done that and that one year ago, 2 years ago, etc, etc, etc....

"parker ususally fades off in the finals" ?

oh yeah, sure, only for the bad asses just able to watch the last 1 or 2/3 games of the finals... Eh guys, wake up, playoffs count more than twenty games....

I am fucking tired of this bullshit ! Watch the games or S..T...F...U

Xap'

xapatan2
12-09-2005, 12:25 PM
Yo again,

some might say i kind of over-reacted...

yeah...

But Parker is really playing great since now almost twenty games, with a great "consistency", scoring or passing when needed ( cool, Ginobili is back on the team....) and...

and they are always plenties of idiots out there unable to realise all he has been doing as a spurs and his FANTASTIC evolution during the past four years.

:pctoss

wildbill2u
12-09-2005, 12:50 PM
On the ESPN telecast last night it was pointed out that TP leads the league in points scored in the paint, while Duncan was 4th. That seems phenomenal. When was the last time a guard led the league in that for a season?

:lol Makes all those 7' footers with their cheap-ass putbacks look silly, doesn't he? :lol

wildbill2u
12-09-2005, 12:55 PM
me too...this is no place for dancing lizards

Is that what they mean by a 'lounge lizzard?" I always thought it was a sleazy guy.

This needs more study. where does she work? :elephant

2centsworth
12-09-2005, 01:18 PM
Tony is Baby Shaq. Unstoppable in the paint and can't hit a free throw to save his life.

Brodels
12-09-2005, 01:30 PM
Yo again,

some might say i kind of over-reacted...

yeah...

But Parker is really playing great since now almost twenty games, with a great "consistency", scoring or passing when needed ( cool, Ginobili is back on the team....) and...

and they are always plenties of idiots out there unable to realise all he has been doing as a spurs and his FANTASTIC evolution during the past four years.

:pctoss

Nobody is saying that Parker sucks. But there is some truth to the talk about Parker fading in the playoffs. The numbers over the past few years back that up.

One of the reasons why he can struggle in the playoffs is because he does get so many of his points in the paint. It tougher to find openings in the paint in the playoffs. Teams have time to prepare, and most playoff teams play solid defense. The game often gets more physical.

It's more difficult for Parker to score in the paint in the playoffs in part because defenses collapse.

Props to Parker for playing great basketball, but I don't expect that he'll be able to do the same in the playoffs. His skills make him a better regular season player. And Parker hasn't necessarily been bad in the playoffs, but he really hasn't been as good as he's been during the regular season.

And I'm O.K. with that, because Parker still seems to get the job done most of the time.

Vashner
12-09-2005, 01:58 PM
let's face it - Frenchie just wants to be in the all-star game period :rolleyes
Comment oser vous parle de notre Tony d'homme comme cela ! :king

SpursWoman
12-09-2005, 02:05 PM

You can turn your signatures off in your control panel and it all goes away. :)

Because I have the signatures turned off.

Me, too. I don't particularly care to develop carpel tunnel syndrome scrolling through everyone's jack off material.

I highly recommend it. It makes scrolling the threads easier, too. :tu

Tony has been phenominal. I'm cautiously optimistic about him continuing to play like he as for the remainder of the season and into the post season.

Crookshanks
12-09-2005, 02:11 PM
Thank you Spurs Woman - I made that change and now everything is good!

SpursWoman
12-09-2005, 02:35 PM
You're welcome :)

SMLT
12-09-2005, 05:12 PM
Fades in the playoff... Some of you are either blind or openly unfair towards some players, especially foreign born and, dare I say, Parker.

He sure faded three years ago during the finals but was rather good before. He improved the following year before being torn apart by the lakers and very kind referees (no blood, no foul). He was, in my opinion, really good but in two games last year. Manu and Tim had more off games than Tony during the playoff last year (even though we tend to be very demanding toward Tim :o).

Just for the record, in career (playoff): 16.2 points, 4.4 assists and 2.7 rebounds in 35.8 minutes !!!

He was over 18 points last year if I remember well. It's over his season average and can't hardly qualified of "fade".

Cheers.

Brodels
12-09-2005, 05:44 PM
Fades in the playoff... Some of you are either blind or openly unfair towards some players, especially foreign born and, dare I say, Parker.

What the hell does being foreign-born have to do with anything?

He sure faded three years ago during the finals but was rather good before. He improved the following year before being torn apart by the lakers and very kind referees (no blood, no foul). He was, in my opinion, really good but in two games last year. Manu and Tim had more off games than Tony during the playoff last year (even though we tend to be very demanding toward Tim :o).

He was pretty good in the playoffs last season. He's had some great playoff moments. The point is that he's not as good offensively in the playoffs because teams take away his first option much of the time. It's absolutely true that the team's playoff opponents over the past years have typically collapsed on Parker in the playoffs. As a general rule of thumb, defenses are better in the playoffs, the game is more physical, and there are more quality big men around. Watch some playoff games. Parker has a harder time getting into the paint, and he's not as effective when his number one weapon is partially taken away.

It doesn't mean that Parker's been bad in the playoffs (although he has been at time), it's just that he's a better regular season player.

Just for the record, in career (playoff): 16.2 points, 4.4 assists and 2.7 rebounds in 35.8 minutes !!!

He was over 18 points last year if I remember well. It's over his season average and can't hardly qualified of "fade".

He scores more points in the playoffs, but his numbers in just about every other category drop. And more importantly, his field goal percentage drops significantly. That's because there aren't as many easy opportunities in the paint for him. If you're talking about statistics alone, it's clear that Parker is a better regular season player. And that's not necessarily a bad thing.