PDA

View Full Version : Syriana

SequSpur
12-09-2005, 01:21 AM
From writer/director Stephen Gaghan, winner of the Best Screenplay Academy Award for 'Traffic,' comes 'Syriana,' a political thriller that unfolds against the intrigue of the global oil industry. From the players brokering back-room deals in Washington to the men toiling in the oil fields of the Persian Gulf, the film's multiple storylines weave together to illuminate the human consequences of the fierce pursuit of wealth and power. As a career CIA operative (George Clooney) begins to uncover the disturbing truth about the work he has devoted his life to, an up-and-coming oil broker (Matt Damon) faces an unimaginable family tragedy and finds redemption in his partnership with an idealistic Gulf prince (Alexander Siddig). A corporate lawyer (Jeffrey Wright) faces a moral dilemma as he finesses the questionable merger of two powerful U.S. oil companies, while across the globe, a disenfranchised Pakistani teenager (Mazhar Munir) falls prey to the recruiting efforts of a charismatic cleric. Each plays their small part in the vast and complex system that powers the industry, unaware of the explosive impact their lives will have upon the world.

We are going to try and go check out this flick tomorrow night. Should be pretty good.

Solid D
12-09-2005, 01:48 AM
I'm eager to see it, also.

We saw "Walk the Line" recently and that was excellent.

ThugJohnson
12-09-2005, 04:04 AM
I'm eager to see it, also.

We saw "Walk the Line" recently and that was excellent.

not as good as rey though.

although, i'm in lust with reese.

pseudofan
12-10-2005, 11:47 AM
The absolute worst movie ever....

Dare I say, more treacherous to watch than the Royal Tenanbaums..

Two and a half hours of my life I can never get back :(

I don't like to pay that much money to watch the "history chanel". SOMEONE told me it got two thumbs up and 4 jalapenos, but I just can't see how.

Honestly, people actually got up and left during the movie. No kidding. HORRIBLE!

Vashner
12-10-2005, 01:59 PM
It's designed to Bash bush.. of course it's good movie.. Just like how Michael Moore made F911 and purchased Haliburton stock while it was in theaters....

I am sure Mr Clooney has sworn off burning any fossil fuels... either that or he's running around in a private jet and limo just like every other hollyweed activist.

rr2418
12-10-2005, 02:37 PM
The absolute worst movie ever....

Two and a half hours of my life I can never get back :(

I don't like to pay that much money to watch the "history chanel". SOMEONE told me it got two thumbs up and 4 jalapenos, but I just can't see how.

Honestly, people actually got up and left during the movie. No kidding. HORRIBLE!

You 'aint lying!!!!! That was one of the worst movies I've seen. I was confused almost from the start. Alot of things just didn't seem to fit or make any sense. For example, Damon's tradegy, I don't want to give what exactly happened, but what did that have to do with anything about the movie? The black guy's dad. Ok? What did that have to do with anything? I would say unless you're an expert in the oil business and all it's involvements, you'll either fall asleep :sleep or walk out of the theater pissed off :wtf you spend $6 bucks on this shit!

Jimcs50
12-10-2005, 02:39 PM
Went to go see Just Friends last night. Now that was funny.

SA210
12-10-2005, 03:03 PM
will watch Syriana

Duff McCartney
12-10-2005, 03:11 PM

Hey Royal Tenenbaums is a great movie...I loved it.

SequSpur
12-10-2005, 03:57 PM
Went to go see Just Friends last night. Now that was funny.

you're gay.

CharlieMac
12-10-2005, 06:11 PM
HBO worthy....maybe.

PakiDan
12-12-2005, 06:18 PM
I saw Kelly the Coed 4 last night. Now that is quality film making.