PDA

View Full Version : Lakers have a better record that Miami

missmyzte
12-10-2005, 01:05 AM
Lakers are at 10-9 (0.526), Miami is at 9-9 (0.500)

:king

Who says the West is getter weaker? The Lakers are ranked #9 in the Western Conference but the Heat are #2 in the East

Other notes: Lakers have their first 4-game winning streak in 2 years. The last 2 games Kobe has been the leader in assists and is taking about 10 less shots per game than he is averaging on the year. Balanced scoring: tonight all 5 starters were in double figures, 5 players in double figures last game and 4 the 2 games before that. And this is still without Slava Medvedenko, Kwame Brown or Aaron McKie.

ZStomp
12-10-2005, 01:07 AM
They're missing Shaq...are you serious?

Heat >>>>>>> Lakers

FreshPrince22
12-10-2005, 01:09 AM
This guy can't be serious. Commenting on a Shaq-less team's record.
________
LIVE SEX WEBSHOWS (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

ZStomp
12-10-2005, 01:10 AM
It's a Gal..not a guy. :)

missmyzte
12-10-2005, 01:10 AM
They're missing Shaq...are you serious?
No one made the same allowance last season when the Lakers were missing Kobe and Odom ...
Yes, I'm serious. Us Laker fans need to take any good news we can get.

Besides, this goes to demonstrate my point that the Lakers made the right choice in keeping Kobe instead of Shaq, Shaq will spend much of the rest of his "playing days" on the injured list while Kobe is playing and leading the Lakers back into the Elite.

missmyzte
12-10-2005, 01:11 AM
This guy can't be serious. Commenting on a Shaq-less team's record.
As ZStomp mentioned, I'm a chick (the "Ms. Horry" didn't give that away?)
:lol

Bloodline666
12-10-2005, 01:13 AM
Yeah! Shaq's been out since his opening-night injury! I wonder when he's coming back.

HOPEFULLY, he'll be back by Christmas for the showdown, so he can show Kobe who's responsible for the Lakers' greatness.

T Park
12-10-2005, 01:15 AM
Besides, this goes to demonstrate my point that the Lakers made the right choice in keeping Kobe instead of Shaq

By going back to the lottery while Shaq wins another division title and challenges to go to the Finals??

Yeah I can see how thats worked out....

Amuseddaysleeper
12-10-2005, 01:59 AM
By going back to the lottery while Shaq wins another division title and challenges to go to the Finals??

Yeah I can see how thats worked out....

nkdlunch
12-10-2005, 02:00 AM
this is actually a good thread. Heat sucks culo.

TDMVPDPOY
12-10-2005, 02:01 AM
shaqs earnin every penny of the 20mill a year his gettin sittin on the sidelines with his fake toe

manu
12-10-2005, 02:12 AM
woah i just noticed that guys username bloodline has 3 sixes....woah is he like a zatanic freak?...just wonderin

milkyway21
12-10-2005, 03:25 AM
well, ShaQ is actually back. He'll return to the Miami Heat line-up as early Sunday acc to news.

His first assignment WILL be against the WASHINGTON WIZARDS...

FreshPrince22
12-10-2005, 03:34 AM
As ZStomp mentioned, I'm a chick (the "Ms. Horry" didn't give that away?)

:lol Sorry, didn't read anything but the post. My bad!
________
properties for sale Pattaya (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

Bruno
12-10-2005, 06:41 AM
Other notes: Lakers have their first 4-game winning streak in 2 years. The last 2 games Kobe has been the leader in assists and is taking about 10 less shots per game than he is averaging on the year.

I notice that too, I hope he has understand something.

OT : Do you have any fresh news on Ronny Turiaf ?
I heard him one month ago on a french radio and he says he will begin to practise with lakers in December and he will play in nba in December or January.
Do you know if he is still in Spokane or he has began to practise with Lakers?

Dario
12-10-2005, 07:30 AM
How about that white guy sasha vujacic :fro

Obstructed_View
12-10-2005, 07:47 AM
Out of respect for missmytze I will refrain from raining on her parade. Lakers fans have so little to be happy about.

TDMVPDPOY
12-10-2005, 08:46 AM
LAKERS record dont mean shit cause in the west they will not make the playoffs while a sub par .500 team in the shit east makes the playoffs.

Rummpd
12-10-2005, 09:08 AM
"Ms. Laker fan" trying to bring it strong, I guess 4 wins now counts as a streak of dynastic proportions out there in Lakerland, how the mighty have fallen!.

Probably somewhere if they win a few more, LakerGod, will pop out of hibernation along with all his gang of assorted other motley Lakers trolls and pop in to say hi.

Predictable coming statements:

Lakers will definitely make the playoffs.
Lakers will be a very scary first round opponent.
Kobe Bryant is the MVP.
Lakers can win the West.

Sadly all the above are wrong, Lakers fans. Worry about maintaining being the 3rd best team in your state - that should be the extent of your expectations.

ORION
12-10-2005, 09:46 AM
The thing that I'm really happy about is that jack nicholson has to sit there and watch his precious team struggle.

SLOVENIAN 8
12-10-2005, 09:50 AM
Vujacic... :smokin

missmyzte
12-10-2005, 10:29 AM
Out of respect for missmytze I will refrain from raining on her parade. Lakers fans have so little to be happy about.
Thank you :) We have to take what good news we can get

OT : Do you have any fresh news on Ronny Turiaf ?
I heard him one month ago on a french radio and he says he will begin to practise with lakers in December and he will play in nba in December or January.
Do you know if he is still in Spokane or he has began to practise with Lakers?
He's still in Spokane for now, he's supposed to start working with the Lakers in January last I heard. He's been studying the triangle though, in preparation (and apparently playing XBox as a part of the Lakers, he said :lol ). I can't wait until he gets back to LA!

Bruno
12-10-2005, 10:44 AM
He's still in Spokane for now, he's supposed to start working with the Lakers in January last I heard. He's been studying the triangle though, in preparation (and apparently playing XBox as a part of the Lakers, he said :lol ). I can't wait until he gets back to LA!

Thanks, best luck for him. He really deserves it.

1Parker1
12-10-2005, 10:53 AM
No one made the same allowance last season when the Lakers were missing Kobe and Odom ...

Besides, this goes to demonstrate my point that the Lakers made the right choice in keeping Kobe instead of Shaq, Shaq will spend much of the rest of his "playing days" on the injured list while Kobe is playing and leading the Lakers back into the Elite.

:tu Congrats Misti. I never understood all those posters who bagged on the Lakers last year and judged their season and record despite the fact that both Lamar and Kobe missed such a significant amount of time. I said that this was the year that they can gauge the Lakers success/failure.

I'm in shock that Lakers have a better record than the Heat. I hope they keep it up, I always hated Shaq more than Kobe. And thought I completely agree with you that Lakers were right in getting rid of Shaq (he's clearly not worth as much money as he's getting), the Lakers were stupid in the sense that they got basically no one big in return. Trading away Shaquille Oneal and getting Lamar Odom and 2 other average NBA players is not exactly the smartest deal.

Banks91
12-10-2005, 11:14 AM
One of the reasons people didnt give the lakers the same lee-way might be that they weren't expected to do anything , whether kobe and odom missed or played the games. It's kinda like if the hawks were missing JJ and harringon, it wont make a difference cuz they are still crap.

But the Heat got big plans, and with Shaq they might accomplish them.
Also, when it comes to the money shaq is gettin, the franchise is making serious money off him. What with the buzz in miami, playoff games money, and so on.

Last year they made money off him, as will they this year, and probably the remainin of his contract. Look at LA and how much money they lost last year cuz of no playoffs and Shaq not being there. If you got a guy like Shaq that can pull in outside money for you, then he his worth his contract

1Parker1
12-10-2005, 11:22 AM
One of the reasons people didnt give the lakers the same lee-way might be that they weren't expected to do anything , whether kobe and odom missed or played the games. It's kinda like if the hawks were missing JJ and harringon, it wont make a difference cuz they are still crap.

Kobe>>>>>>JJ
Odom>>Harrington

Last year they made money off him, as will they this year, and probably the remainin of his contract. Look at LA and how much money they lost last year cuz of no playoffs and Shaq not being there. If you got a guy like Shaq that can pull in outside money for you, then he his worth his contract

Yes, but how much longer do you think Shaq can play? My point was that it was better for the Lakers long-term to trade him. Shaq barely got through last season after his "healthy weight loss" he's already missing quite a few games this season...yes, Shaq turned the Heat around, but his contract is for something like 5 or 6 years, you think he can sustain himself that long?

Banks91
12-10-2005, 11:42 AM
I wasnt comparing kobe/odom to jj/harrington, and you know that.
I was sayin, but the lakers werent goin to do too much , regardless whether kobe and odom played. The hawks are like that right now. Of course, lakers are nowhere near as bad as the hawks, but you get my point.

As for Shaq continuing to play for another 5-6 years, i think he might retire with a year left on it, i dont see him lettin himself more money then that.

As for Shaq breaking down, that might be true, but we can't tell that from this injury , cuz this injury had nothing to do with condition, physical shape etc.

Same thing happened to Duncan last season couple times, it didnt mean his body was breaking down , did it?

You can mention the fact that Duncan came back faster then Shaq, but we all know how Shaq likes to rest himself more then neccessary, and he's been like that a long time. All i'm sayin is that Shaq isnt as bad off as people try to make him out to be.

1Parker1
12-10-2005, 11:46 AM
Major Difference: Duncan is a healthy, lean 29 year old basketball player in his prime. Shaq is an overweight, 34 year old past his prime.

DesiSpur_21
12-10-2005, 12:04 PM

Keep Dreamin' ....

Banks91
12-10-2005, 12:34 PM
Hey 1parker, is that you u argue with some one, ignore most of their post , except maybe one thing, and then twist into something i wasnt tryin to say(your first post)

or just throw out something like "major difference, duncan's healthy, Shaq's overweight past his prime"

What does him being past his prime have to do with this ankle injury.
The assumption around here, and everywhere is that Shaq is breaking down.
How do you get this from an ankle injury that he had no control over, that a
"healhty, lean 29 year old duncan" had a couple times last season

spursfaninla
12-10-2005, 12:59 PM
When shaq plays, Miami will head toward the middle of the playoff pack again. They will go at least into the 2nd round.

Kobe will be lucky to make it into the playoffs, this year and for the forseeable future. LUCKY.

Shaq is blessed TONs of talent in miami. Kobe's Lakers are OVER-ACHIEVING to be at .500, IMO.

I think the Lakers made an ok LONG TERM choice, but why would be you break up a championship-caliber team early? Only self-important idiots (see Chicago management) would do something like that.

Lakers blew up early. They should have paid to go another 3-4 years. Shaq has his problems, but his team was minutes away from the finals last year, and it was Wade's injury that played an equal part in that.

Marklar MM
12-10-2005, 01:19 PM
The heat are 2nd in the East in terms of playoff seeding, but they have the 5th best record.

Obstructed_View
12-10-2005, 01:21 PM
The Lakers without Shaq have to fight to make the playoffs in the West. Period.
The Heat without Shaq are a seven or eight seed in the East. Period.

Shaq could make Atlanta a playoff team just by suiting up. There's not another player like that in the NBA. Lakers fans know that's the truth.

Useruser666
12-10-2005, 02:10 PM
Except Tim Duncan................

Samr
12-10-2005, 02:52 PM
Lakers have a better record that Miami

That speaks worse of Miami than it speaks good of the Lakers.

Obstructed_View
12-10-2005, 04:19 PM
Except Tim Duncan................
I think Tim's a better player, but Shaq would be a bigger factor making a bad team decent, even without getting huge statistics. Having his big ass parked in the low post changes the game more drastically than any other single player move IMO.

missmyzte
12-10-2005, 04:28 PM
I think the Lakers made an ok LONG TERM choice, but why would be you break up a championship-caliber team early? Only self-important idiots (see Chicago management) would do something like that.

Lakers blew up early. They should have paid to go another 3-4 years. Shaq has his problems, but his team was minutes away from the finals last year, and it was Wade's injury that played an equal part in that.
Huh? You mean Miami blew up too early?

Obstructed_View
12-10-2005, 04:32 PM
No. Shaq made Miami an instant finals contender. He could have done the same thing if he'd stayed in Los Angeles. The only problem is that the Lakers were going to lose Kobe to free agency, so a choice had to be made. It's not at all similar to the Bulls in '98.

sprrs
12-10-2005, 04:47 PM
I think the point was to show that the west is still at this point stronger than the east. Not in potential number of title co ntenders, but in the number of good, set playoff teams

1Parker1
12-10-2005, 05:10 PM
Hey 1parker, is that you u argue with some one, ignore most of their post , except maybe one thing, and then twist into something i wasnt tryin to say(your first post)

or just throw out something like "major difference, duncan's healthy, Shaq's overweight past his prime"

What does him being past his prime have to do with this ankle injury.
The assumption around here, and everywhere is that Shaq is breaking down.
How do you get this from an ankle injury that he had no control over, that a
"healhty, lean 29 year old duncan" had a couple times last season

I am not igorning "most of your post" I'm simply replying to the parts of your posts that I happen to disagree with.

If you re-read my first reply to you, I did say that YES, I do agree with you when you talk about the impact Shaq has had on the Heat, but as I mentioned, I just don't think he has it in him in the long run to carry any team. Yes, Tim Duncan had 3 ankle injuries last season, which he seemed to bounce back, and yes I know that injuries are a part of basketball life. I was pointing out the difference that Shaq has been getting injured quite frequently these past couple of years. If I recall, he also had quite a few injuries last season also, including around the playoff time. I'm saying that it's easier to recover and get back on your feet from such injuries when you're 29 then when your 34 and overweight.

Regardless, I'm not doubting what Shaq can contribute to the team now, I just don't think he's as "dominant" as he's been in years past and that in the long-run, Lakers were better off trading him.

I'm entitled to my opinions, just as you are to yours. I'm not going to argue with you over the freakin Lakers and Heat......both teams which I can't stand anyways (sorry Misti)! :lol