PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Pistons

Pages : [1] 2

Hassdabballman
12-10-2005, 01:29 AM
im a pistons fan just stopping by to say that its no doubt in my mind that the pistons and spurs will meet up in the finals for the second straight year. Both teams are very similar. Detroit's offense is much improved from last year, and the spurs are still doing what they do best. This year i think will be a little different on how it plays out. I think Detroit will have home court. Will be another great series barring any big injuries.

Kori Ellis
12-10-2005, 01:47 AM
It's a long season, but I wouldn't mind a Spurs-Pistons rematch in the Finals. It was such a great series last year.

TDMVPDPOY
12-10-2005, 02:00 AM
This time we make sure we sweep you guys in the finals

Tek_XX
12-10-2005, 02:00 AM
Yeah i'm sure the NBA is praying for a quick shaq, Amare return.

nkdlunch
12-10-2005, 02:04 AM
im a pistons fan just stopping by to say that its no doubt in my mind that the pistons and spurs will meet up in the finals for the second straight year. Both teams are very similar. Detroit's offense is much improved from last year, and the spurs are still doing what they do best. This year i think will be a little different on how it plays out. I think Detroit will have home court. Will be another great series barring any big injuries.

its a little early to call home court. But my dream is Spurs vs. Pistons in finals. I will sweat blood on that series.

or maybe just sweat Bacardi + coke :)

FreshPrince22
12-10-2005, 02:25 AM

:rolleyes
________
Buy glass bong (http://glassbongs.org/)

milkyway21
12-10-2005, 02:56 AM
im a pistons fan just stopping by to say that its no doubt in my mind that the pistons and spurs will meet up in the finals for the second straight year. Both teams are very similar. Detroit's offense is much improved from last year, and the spurs are still doing what they do best. This year i think will be a little different on how it plays out. I think Detroit will have home court. Will be another great series barring any big injuries....your offense improved from last yr, but i am a bit concerned your new Coach Flip Sounders dropped your team defense to # 15 man.

:oops

baseline bum
12-10-2005, 03:20 AM
...your offense improved from last yr, but i am a bit concerned your new Coach Flip Sounders dropped your team defense to # 15 man.

It's still pretty early in the season. It wasn't too long ago that the Spurs were 11th.

Spurs-Pistons is of course my favorite matchup, and what I'm rooting for. Last year's Finals was easily the most exciting playoff series the Spurs have played in since that series with Portland in David's rookie year. It's beautiful to watch two teams that care about their teammates and put their egos aside match-up. Last year's Finals convinced me that Ben Wallace is a true franchise guy on his way to the Hall.

FreshPrince22
12-10-2005, 03:28 AM
...your offense improved from last yr, but i am a bit concerned your new Coach Flip Sounders dropped your team defense to # 15 man.

I assume you're talking about opponent FG%. But that stat is a bit misleading concerning the pistons because we would rather take a chance a team getting an open shot, than fouling and putting guys on the line for free points. It might make our opponents shoot a higher percentage but it makes us better because we aren't handing out free points, and we aren't getting in foul trouble.

For example, if you went by FG% solely, then the Clippers would be tops in the league, but look at how many free throws they give up compared to the Pistons. 30.0, while the Pistons give up 22 per game. That's 8 free points there.

Not only that, but the Pistons are still an on/off switch type of team. I'd be willing to bet you that the Pistons have the best 3rd and 4th quarter defense in the league. They usually let the offense carry them in the first half, and crank up the defense in the 2nd half. They did the same thing last year, but they were shooting themselves out of games in the first half then. Now, they can at least hang in, and win games late that would have been a lost cause last year.

Add to that the 3X DPOY on 2 bum ankles, and you can see why teams shoot a higher percentage than before.
________
Liquidnight live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/Liquidnight)

milkyway21
12-10-2005, 03:48 AM
I assume you're talking about opponent FG%. But that stat is a bit misleading concerning the pistons because we would rather take a chance a team getting an open shot, than fouling and putting guys on the line for free points. It might make our opponents shoot a higher percentage but it makes us better because we aren't handing out free points, and we aren't getting in foul trouble.

For example, if you went by FG% solely, then the Clippers would be tops in the league, but look at how many free throws they give up compared to the Pistons. 30.0, while the Pistons give up 22 per game. That's 8 free points there.

Not only that, but the Pistons are still an on/off switch type of team. I'd be willing to bet you that the Pistons have the best 3rd and 4th quarter defense in the league. They usually let the offense carry them in the first half, and crank up the defense in the 2nd half. They did the same thing last year, but they were shooting themselves out of games in the first half then. Now, they can at least hang in, and win games late that would have been a lost cause last year.

Add to that the 3X DPOY on 2 bum ankles, and you can see why teams shoot a higher percentage than before.well, i was surprised when i read that stats-Detroit #15? And Suns(#4) ahead of Spurs(#5)? no way!

but that's based on rbd, blocks & stls on nba.com site.
http://www.nba.com/statistics/sortable_team_statistics/sortable2.html?cnf=1&prd=1

ShoogarBear
12-10-2005, 05:46 AM

OMG, this is exactly Mike D'Antoni's defensive "strategy": giving up open shots is better than fouling.

For your sake, better hope that's not really Flip's philosophy or the Pistons will be on their way to becoming Phoenix East.

jochhejaam
12-10-2005, 06:42 AM
OMG, this is exactly Mike D'Antoni's defensive "strategy": giving up open shots is better than fouling.

For your sake, better hope that's not really Flip's philosophy or the Pistons will be on their way to becoming Phoenix East.
Strongly contest everything without fouling, I hope that's the philosophy.

td4mvp21
12-10-2005, 09:39 AM
The Pistons look great on offense, but to me, it seemed like their defense isnt as sharp. Which makes sense because Larry Brown is gone. Do any of you Pistons fans feel the same way or is it just as good/better. I haven't watched too many of their games.

T Park
12-10-2005, 11:54 AM
Golden State hung 103 on em last night.

GOLDEN STATE!!

I watched the game, and Detroit's D is NOT where it was last year.

True its a long year, but its Flip Saunders and NOT Larry Brown.

The Pistons were even willing to get into a fast pass the ball quickly and get quick baskets kind of game.

BTW, Maurice Evans, for all those that ripped the Spurs for not signing him? Sucks.

ALVAREZ6
12-10-2005, 12:03 PM
SPURS > Pistons

smeagol
12-10-2005, 12:08 PM

GOLDEN STATE!!

True its a long year, but its Flip Saunders and NOT Larry Brown.

The Pistons were even willing to get into a fast pass the ball quickly and get quick baskets kind of game.

BTW, Maurice Evans, for all those that ripped the Spurs for not signing him? Sucks.
TPark, you are the king at making blanket, all-encompassing statements after watching one game.

Detroit is 14-2 and playing great basketball.

Recognize.

JamStone
12-10-2005, 12:24 PM

GOLDEN STATE!!

Chicago hung 106 on San Antonio, AT SAN ANTONIO.

CHICAGO!!

Michael Finley: 25.4 mpg, 8.9 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 1.4 apg, .373 FG%, .278 3PT%

Maurice Evans: 16.6 mpg, 5.9 ppg, 2.9 rpg, .9 apg, .452 FG%, .333 3PT%

It's all about perspective. Mo Evans is not great. But, on the NBA scale, he's worth $1.5 million a year.

san antonio spurs
12-10-2005, 12:30 PM
T park got owned on every which way possible.
It is true that u can't judge a team by one game, we don't like people doin' it to our spurs, let's just not use double standards
________
Wiki Vaporizer (http://vaporizerwiki.com)

Leetonidas
12-10-2005, 01:14 PM
I like the way the Pistons are playing. They finally have been encouraged to use their offensive fire-power.

Spurs vs. Pistons again in the Finals. Book it. :tu

bdubya
12-10-2005, 01:34 PM
The Pistons look great on offense, but to me, it seemed like their defense isnt as sharp. Which makes sense because Larry Brown is gone. Do any of you Pistons fans feel the same way or is it just as good/better. I haven't watched too many of their games.

The defense is not what it was, definitely, but I don't lay too much of that on Brown's departure; the defense was really built under Carlisle anyhow. '03/'04 was special - that was historic defense. But last year was pretty comparable to Carlisle's last year. Still, it's unquestionably slipped this year. Good thing it's only December.

boutons
12-10-2005, 01:37 PM
Pistons and Spurs will be playing all season for Finals HCA, esp the Pistons who must feel, as I do, that they would have won Game7 at Auburn Hills.

In 2 so evenly matched teams, HCA looms larger than ever.

wildbill2u
12-10-2005, 01:50 PM
Pistons and Spurs will be playing all season for Finals HCA, esp the Pistons who must feel, as I do, that they would have won Game7 at Auburn Hills.

In 2 so evenly matched teams, HCA looms larger than ever.

Both teams improved in the offseason so the odds are we will meet in the Finals. It should be a nail-biting series for both teams' fans.

lilmads
12-10-2005, 01:50 PM
Spurs will definitely meet the Pistons again in the finals... Time will show it:)
They're both doing a great job right now.. As long as no one suffers from major injuries, they will meet again! I just hope the Spurs can beat them! Last year was a finals to remember! They both did an amazing job on each other... Hopefully we'll see something like that again, and of course the Spurs winnin' it at the end:)

ShoogarBear
12-10-2005, 02:00 PM
Strongly contest everything without fouling, I hope that's the philosophy.

Well, that should be every team's philosophy.

Christmas Day will be interesting.

FreshPrince22
12-10-2005, 05:53 PM

The Pistons only use the defense when they need it during the regular season. They did the same thing last year. Around Feb/March they kicked it up a notch and started playing lock down defense more of the game, but they were an awful defensive club the first 2-3 months last year.

The thing I look for is those streches of dominant defense that help us pull away from opposing teams. You can't expect a team to blow 100% of their energy in the first 2-3 months of the season by going all out on defense for 48 minutes per game. I don't expect it, and that just wouldn't be smart. That's what teams do when they fade down the strech.

Take a look at the last few games against the Knicks, Bulls, and Warriors where they Pistons cranked it up in the 2nd half:

@ Warriors: 4th Quarter, Warriors shoot 31%, didn't score a FG over a 6+ minute period. (Pistons shoot 71.4% in the 4th!!)
@ Chicago: 3rd Quarter, Bulls score 10 points on 27% shooting. Pistons score 27 points and cause 7 TOs in this quarter alone.
vs. Knicks: 3rd Quarter, Knicks score 8 points on 14% shooting! Knicks didn't score a point for a 5:18 strech. Pistons score 24 points.

If that doesn't show blatant on/off switch playing I don't know what does. The difference is that the Pistons can hang in games at the beginning with their offense and fire that switch on defense in the second half to take control. That way they don't use up too much energy over 1 game.

At 14-2 I have a hard time complaining if they don't feel like wasting all of their energy on the first halves of games. I know the defense is there when they need it.

Besides, how can you not be impressed with 9-1 on the road? That's just ridiculous.
________
Hotbrunette cam (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/Hotbrunette)

Bruno
12-10-2005, 06:38 PM
As said before we still are in December, it's too soon to speak about Final.

Pistons looks great for the moment, the offense looks really better and when they want they still can play great defense.
The only thing we can reproach to Pistons is that some player have too much PT: RIP 37 min and Prince 38min.
Maybe it's to find chemistry with the new coach's play systems and that they will play less in the second half of the regular season.

FreshPrince22
12-10-2005, 06:47 PM
The only thing we can reproach to Pistons is that some player have too much PT: RIP 37 min and Prince 38min.
Maybe it's to find chemistry with the new coach's play systems and that they will play less in the second half of the regular season.

Yes, Flip has mentioned that those guys are just playing a lot right now because they are both playing very well right now, and we have had a very unique schedule (a lot of National games with extra long TV timeouts, 5 days off in a row, lots of road games where starters usually need to play extended minutes). Once we hit this 5 game home stand we have in about 2 weeks I think it will give Carlos Delfino a chance to get worked into the system. We have only had 6 home games so far, and they have all been scattered (we've only had 2 home games in a row once). It's hard for a guy who isn't completely fluent in english to pick up on an offensive system as complicated as Flip's, especially when we are playing a lot on the road in tough games.
________
DOMINANTRIX (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/DOMINANTRIX)

mikejones99
12-10-2005, 07:51 PM
I hope they :pctoss are strip searching the fans by now at that palace. If Spurs burn the house down we don't want michigan angry again.

Pistons < Spurs
12-10-2005, 07:55 PM
I hope they :pctoss are strip searching the fans by now at that palace. If Spurs burn the house down we don't want michigan angry again.

mikejones99
12-10-2005, 08:17 PM
San Antonio 101 Detroit 99, merry x mas

JamStone
12-10-2005, 08:35 PM
Detroit 4 San Antonio 2, happy june

Brutalis
12-10-2005, 08:38 PM
So whats up with periodical threads claiming Detroit fans hope to see us in the finals?

They need to worry about their own, first. The East...

It's kinda early and it just shows arrogance to me.

mikejones99
12-10-2005, 08:40 PM
Michigan is a hell whole so people get kinda crazy there. If your sure go to Vegas and donate.

JamStone
12-10-2005, 08:45 PM
"Michigan is a hell HOLE so people get kinda crazy there. If YOU'RE sure go to Vegas and donate."

Relax. It's just a little friendly smack talk. It's not like many Spurs fans don't believe the Spurs are a good bet to make it to the finals as well. It's called homer fananaticism. Don't take it so seriously. I'd so fans of both teams have a healthy right to have faith and believe their respective fans will be in the finals.

mavsfan1000
12-10-2005, 08:49 PM
Well Detroit so far looks like the better team but it is a long season.

mikejones99
12-10-2005, 08:50 PM
Detroit even thinks the Lions will win most of their games, then reality set in and the hangover lasts till monday. Detroit might win 60 games but Indiana and Miami can beat them. Indiana would love to get some revenge.

Pistons < Spurs
12-10-2005, 08:52 PM
So whats up with periodical threads claiming Detroit fans hope to see us in the finals?

They need to worry about their own, first. The East...

It's kinda early and it just shows arrogance to me.

Arrogance? No. Confident in the ability of our team, yes......(just as Spur fans are confident that their team will be in the Finals). Everyone realizes it's a long season and anything can happen. No one is jumping the gun and disregarding the competition. However as fans we do expect nothing less than what they've shown the last 2 years......and that was good enough to get to the finals twice.

I would be suprised to see anyone in the East beat us to the Finals. That doesn't mean I do not admit that there is a chance that it can happen.

Arrogant? pfft....

mikejones99
12-10-2005, 08:55 PM
Christmas day will decide who is better at this point.

Pistons < Spurs
12-10-2005, 08:55 PM
Christmas day will decide who is better at this point.

Not really. One game doesn't really tell you anything.

mikejones99
12-10-2005, 08:56 PM
The Spurs should wear bullet proof jerseys in that building.

Pistons < Spurs
12-10-2005, 08:57 PM

ignorant.........

mikejones99
12-10-2005, 09:01 PM
Ignorant Detroit fans throw shit on the floor and players against Indiana after getting killed in that game.

JamStone
12-10-2005, 09:03 PM
In last year's NBA finals, there were no incidents at the Palace or any outrageous Detroit fans trying to hurt Spurs players. In San Antonio there was a rock thrown by a Spurs fan at the Detroit Piston bus that broke a window and could have done some serious damage to Pistons players.

Doesn't it get old blindly categorizing the entire City of Detroit and the State of Michigan as a crime-infested place where people get killed all the time? Detroit has its share of crime. And, its crime rate is higher than a lot of other cities. But, need the stereotyping continue?

I live in the city proper of Detroit. I don't own a gun. I have never robbed anyone. And, I don't throw things at players at professional sporting events. And, I'd venture to say that most people here and even most people who frequent Pistons games could say the same thing. There was one freak night when fans really went overboard. It's over. Get over it. Move on. Most Spurs fans are classy enough to have done so.

Brutalis
12-10-2005, 09:07 PM
Arrogance? No. Confident in the ability of our team, yes......(just as Spur fans are confident that their team will be in the Finals). Everyone realizes it's a long season and anything can happen. No one is jumping the gun and disregarding the competition. However as fans we do expect nothing less than what they've shown the last 2 years......and that was good enough to get to the finals twice.

I would be suprised to see anyone in the East beat us to the Finals. That doesn't mean I do not admit that there is a chance that it can happen.

Arrogant? pfft....

Sorry. Arrogant was a bad choice of vocab.

Immature.

And ps, you barely beat an injured Heat squad. And when Shaq comes back you guys really think you're going to stuff them again in the playoffs? Sigh. I don't see it happening.

Brutalis
12-10-2005, 09:07 PM
ignorant.........
Yes everybody pokes fun at Detroit fans because you guys are widely known as the worst fans in professional basketball. You gadda deal with it.

mikejones99
12-10-2005, 09:15 PM
They should have put every fan that throw stuff, in jail. Then it will not happen again. Michigan has more crime that all states but Florida. Be careful if you have to go there.

TOP-CHERRY
12-10-2005, 09:21 PM
Relax. It's just a little friendly smack talk.

Doesn't it get old blindly categorizing the entire City of Detroit and the State of Michigan as a crime-infested place where people get killed all the time? Detroit has its share of crime. And, its crime rate is higher than a lot of other cities. But, need the stereotyping continue?

???

JamStone
12-10-2005, 09:23 PM
Boasting that your home team will go to the finals is smack talk.

Talking about people getting killed is unnecessary.

FreshPrince22
12-10-2005, 09:33 PM

GOLDEN STATE!!

Golden State was 12-7 coming into the game against us. We won, and you rip us for it.
Atlanta was 2-16 coming into the game against the spurs. You lost.

Do you feel silly now?
________
properties Pattaya (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

mikejones99
12-10-2005, 09:41 PM
Detroit plays at the Clippers soon so we will see if you hang on to that lead. We are comin for x mas to win.

TOP-CHERRY
12-10-2005, 09:42 PM
Boasting that your home team will go to the finals is smack talk.

Talking about people getting killed is unnecessary.
Now you're just plain exaggerating. Show me where anyone said anything about "people getting killed".

JamStone
12-10-2005, 09:45 PM

TOP CHERRY,

I'm assuming he didn't mean paint ball bullet proof jerseys.

TOP-CHERRY
12-10-2005, 09:51 PM
TOP CHERRY,

I'm assuming he didn't mean paint ball bullet proof jerseys.
:lol

Oh come on. Like he's really serious about Detroit fans killing players. You can't expect people not to keep joking about what happened. Get used to it.

JamStone
12-10-2005, 09:52 PM
And ps, you barely beat an injured Heat squad. And when Shaq comes back you guys really think you're going to stuff them again in the playoffs? Sigh. I don't see it happening.

Seeing what Joe Johnson can do against the Spurs with a pretty bad Atlanta Hawk team, perhaps we can say the same thing about the Spurs beating an "injured" Suns squad last year. Look at Phoenix without Amare Stoudemire. And when Amare comes back you guys reall think you're going to stuff them again in the playoffs?

Food for thought.

mikejones99
12-10-2005, 09:52 PM
Michigan people are kinda crazy but security will be higher now that the brawl happened. Still, no one in their right mind would go there for anything but the game or to get money.

Brutalis
12-10-2005, 09:53 PM
We were talking about the playoffs.

Not meaningless regular season losses.

Holy shit. Im on a role tonight. Ez.

Trapt1307
12-10-2005, 09:55 PM
Wow, I lost a ton of respect I had for Spurs fans after reading this thread.

mikejones99
12-10-2005, 09:57 PM
Good, we should ban all people from Michigan anyways. Like we need to hear from the fucking enemy at a time like this, Fuck off

TOP-CHERRY
12-10-2005, 09:58 PM
If you really want to go with that logic, stop complaining about people making fun of the Detroit brawl. Cause this is nothing compared to the ton of respect Pistons fans have lost by the majority of the NBA fanbase.

JamStone
12-10-2005, 10:01 PM
I'm just saying the stereotypes about Detroit are really old.

If you wanna talk smack, say how the Spurs are better than the Pistons and how they will beat them again.

Why does anyone have to make a comment like the Spurs will get shot at the Palace. It's unnecessary. It's tired. It's old. Get a new schtick.

Trapt1307
12-10-2005, 10:02 PM
Good, we should ban all people from Michigan anyways. Like we need to hear from the fucking enemy at a time like this, Fuck off

Quit being a douchebag because your team lost a game. Get over it. You guys have an awesome team. Getting pissed at other fans because you had one bad game isn't gonna help anything or make you feel better.

TOP-CHERRY
12-10-2005, 10:03 PM
I'm just saying the stereotypes about Detroit are really old.

If you wanna talk smack, say how the Spurs are better than the Pistons and how they will beat them again.

Why does anyone have to make a comment like the Spurs will get shot at the Palace. It's unnecessary. It's tired. It's old. Get a new schtick.
Well... I can't speak for all the idiots out there.

After reading all the suicidal comments from Spurs fans after this loss, I am just at a loss for words...

TheWriter
12-10-2005, 10:04 PM

Because a couple of Spurs fans?

Good going.

mikejones99
12-10-2005, 10:04 PM
Well then, people in Michigan should change their ways so it is safe again. Stats do not lie. Not only that, the Spurs are a far better team and have a better history of basketball. Maybe you should read more about the great Spurs before you come back in here.

Pistons < Spurs
12-10-2005, 10:07 PM

Dude, where did you and your 30+ piece of shit posts come from? If you want to talk basketball, then do so. But so far I've seen nothing but 'Detroit sucks.... ...murder capital.....bulletproof vests......strip search fans.....burn the city.....Michigan people are crazy....'

Like Rome would say, have a take and don't suck.

Is crapping over our state that exciting to you? Does it give you a hard on or something?

Your shit is old, stereotypical and boring.

mikejones99
12-10-2005, 10:13 PM
I'm a Spurs fan and Detroit Pistons is our chief rival. The rest is just the truth. If you don't like it you should move to a better area or leave the Spurs area at once.

Trapt1307
12-10-2005, 10:17 PM
Because a couple of Spurs fans?

Good going.

After re-reading the thread, I take that back. Just mikejones.

mikejones99
12-10-2005, 10:21 PM
Thanks, being unpopular in Michigan is an honor.

admack
12-10-2005, 10:24 PM
OMG!
I come here because I like to get a feel for how the fans from different teams feel. I didnt know that just by showing up you could offend people.

mikejones99
12-10-2005, 10:26 PM
If you would read you would learn just how offensive your state is and just how great the spurs are.

TOP-CHERRY
12-10-2005, 10:30 PM
If you would read you would learn just how offensive your state is and just how great the spurs are.
Put a sock in it already. None of your posts have been very insightful.

Pistons < Spurs
OMG!
I come here because I like to get a feel for how the fans from different teams feel. I didnt know that just by showing up you could offend people.

screw it...just ignore this mikejones kid. He's new here and obviously a complete dick. He doesn't really reflect the attitude or maturity level of the other posters here.

admack
One ghetto is no different from the rest. I now reside in Orlando, Florida and I see the same stuff here as when I was back home. I am sure that not every street in Texas is the most safe place with colorful scenery on earth. :spin

admack
12-10-2005, 10:31 PM
Oh ok thanx for the heads up.

mikejones99
12-10-2005, 10:34 PM
You can come here and talk shit now, but on X mas it will be quieter from Detroit.

admack
12-10-2005, 10:38 PM
I'll certainly come here to see how you feel Mike, win or lose. I betcha one thing though, its gonna be a good one.

Shiner Bock Girl
12-11-2005, 10:44 AM
Well Detroit so far looks like the better team but it is a long season.

The Spurs have also played 4 more games then the Pistons. I'd have to see the Pistons catch up in even amount of games played before i'd rate them as a better team RIGHT NOW. Things will change.

THE X-FACTOR
12-11-2005, 11:13 AM

GOLDEN STATE!!

not nearly as bad as Chicago scoring 106

boutons
12-11-2005, 11:16 AM
Pistons are unquestionably playing better now.

I figure they are on a team on a season-long mission to go into the playoffs with HCA throughout and re-capture the Title they missed by 12 minutes last June because they didn't have HCA.

Pistons 2L
Spurs 4L

ducks
12-11-2005, 11:21 AM
to bad spurs beat them head to head and it spurs head advantage

THE X-FACTOR
12-11-2005, 11:32 AM
Yes everybody pokes fun at Detroit fans because you guys are widely known as the worst fans in professional basketball. You gadda deal with it.

talk about "Immature" and btw it is "Detroit fans because you guys are widely known as the best fans in professional basketball" or that is at least what the media has been saying the past few years when it becomes time for the playoffs, loudest building in the league, greatest atmosphere, awesome public address announcer, etc...... now deal with it :king

Trainwreck2100
12-11-2005, 11:42 AM
talk about "Immature" and btw it is "Detroit fans because you guys are widely known as the best fans in professional basketball" or that is at least what the media has been saying the past few years when it becomes time for the playoffs, loudest building in the league, greatest atmosphere, awesome public address announcer, etc...... now deal with it :king

He's an annoying coked up black man, just about every fan outside Det. will agree.

Pistons < Spurs
12-11-2005, 11:49 AM
He's an annoying coked up black man, just about every fan outside Det. will agree.

Many people here(no it wasn't the majority), during the Finals said that they would like to have him w/ the Spurs.

THE X-FACTOR
12-11-2005, 11:50 AM

ahh you guys are racist too, nice to know......

Trainwreck2100= :idiot

Trainwreck2100
12-11-2005, 12:43 PM
ahh you guys are racist too, nice to know......

Trainwreck2100= :idiot

Actually I heard he was a recovering crack head my mistake

boutons
12-11-2005, 12:50 PM
"it spurs head advantage"

Spurs' heads, as seen last night and by some ugly Ws earlier, aren't in very good shape, yet, vs Pistons or anybody else.

I'm pretty sure the Pistons have no fear of the Spurs.

We'll see in 15 days
who fears whom,
whose head is where,
who wants it more, and
on national TV.

sanman53
12-11-2005, 01:06 PM
I really hope the Spurs win against the Pistons, but if you guys beat us, I really want to be one of the first to congrad you. Every Piston fan I have met have shown good sportsmanship from the finals last year. I am sure there are the few fans that are jerks, but Pistons fans are awesome. I just want to see a good game on Xmas to get fans ready for June! Yeah, I know its early, but both teams are the best this year. I wish good health to both teams!

GO SPURS GO!

Hassdabballman
12-11-2005, 02:50 PM
chill out people, especially spurs fans, talkin about how michigan is crap and stuff like that.....come on. Detroit is much improved from last year and the spurs are still doing what they do and thats win. Every team will have a couple off losses to teams like the hawks but to me those losses dont mean nothin. IMO right now detroit would win in a 7 game series. They can turn it on any time they want on defense, and there offense is not 10 times better with flip.

Trapt1307
12-11-2005, 03:00 PM

I'm pretty sure that's the point. If he's getting under the skin of opposing fans and players, he's doing his job well. Part of home court advantage. He knows how to get the fans to make noise.

leemajors
12-11-2005, 03:43 PM
i don't think the pistons are that much improved from last year, they just aren't off to a slow start like last year.

mikejones99
12-11-2005, 03:49 PM
Michigan is crap and as everyone saw, most of their fans are idiots. Throwing beers on players. What the hell is wrong with you people? In Michigan it seems like the criminals are running the asylum. Piston players and coach are great and no problem with them. It is the moron fans gm and owners tat cause the problems in that dump. Like Charles Barkley said, they should have let the Indiana Pacers beat the shit out of every fan that was throwing shit. Those pussy fans would run or never do it again if the players were allowed to get them. Stephen Jackson, Oneal and Artest should get raises.

ducks
12-11-2005, 03:55 PM
can they beat the clippers tonight?

JamStone
12-11-2005, 03:55 PM
Michigan is crap and as everyone saw, most of their fans are idiots. Throwing beers on players. What the hell is wrong with you people? In Michigan it seems like the criminals are running the asylum. Piston players and coach are great and no problem with them. It is the moron fans gm and owners tat cause the problems in that dump.

It's unfortunate you feel that way. We know that's how you feel from the first 5 negative posts you made about Detroit. You need not write 20 more posts essentially saying the same thing. You are entitled to your opinion. Many of us here in Detroit are embarrassed by the actions of some other Detroit fans. We choose to try to learn from it and move on. Out of courtesy, we would ask you do the same thing. If all you can do is belabor the fact that the city is crime-ridden and fans suck, I guess that means the Pistons team is pretty darn good, and that's a good thing in my opinion since this thread really is a BASKETBALL discussion. But, honestly, the stereotypes and tired insults about criminality and bad fans is really unnecessary. You could learn a lot from some of the more respectful Spurs fans on this messageboard.

FreshPrince22
12-11-2005, 04:13 PM
can they beat the clippers tonight?

It's a toss up.

Clippers: 9-1 at Home
Pistons: 9-1 on the Road

Should be a great game!
________
teen girl Webcams (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/teen-girls/)

E20
12-11-2005, 04:29 PM
The Pistons look pretty raw.

I'm fucking working on the day when the game is on, why not at night, why in the morning?

leemajors
12-11-2005, 05:05 PM
it's at 8pm cst.

Hassdabballman
12-11-2005, 11:59 PM
pistons-109
clips-101

pistons just straight up kicked there ass. They tried band-a-ben but that did not work.

Pistons < Spurs
12-12-2005, 12:03 AM
Yeah, we won pretty easily, but remember that they didn't have Corey Maggette tonight.

JamStone
12-12-2005, 12:15 AM
Pistons missed 20 free throws, Ben 15 of them. Still won by 8 on the road against an above average team. They'll take the win.

mikejones99
12-12-2005, 12:27 AM
Jesus Christ, are you three retarded? This is the San Antonio Spurs talk, not the Detroit Pistons board. No wonder u got so many murders there.

JamStone
12-12-2005, 12:31 AM
Jesus Christ, are you three retarded? This is the San Antonio Spurs talk, not the Detroit Pistons board. No wonder u got so many murders there.

Happy Holidays.

Get anger management classes.

FreshPrince22
12-12-2005, 12:32 AM

Are there any mods on this board? Why isn't this guy banned? Please take a look at his post history. This guy contributes nothing, and just makes me want to turn into a troll :pctoss
________
Vaporizer wiki (http://vaporizerwiki.com)

theMUHMEshow
12-12-2005, 12:44 AM
No wonder u got so many murders there.

Lol...go back and check the numbers...TEXAS is way higher in MURDERS than Michigan there buddy. You and MIIIIIIIIIKE JOOOOOOOOOONES can go to your CRACK CAPITOL of the world (Houston) with just as many murders per 100,000 as the D.

It is a shame that you try to ruin this great board with your useless teenage banter.
:fro

See ya dec. 25th.

BTW. Why dont you come to our Detroit board (www.sportsinferno.com/forums) and run your mouth there punk ass

slayermin
12-12-2005, 04:44 AM
The Clippers battled but they were no match for the Pistons.

As well as the Pistons have been playing, I think the Spurs can take them in a seven game series.

Rummpd
12-12-2005, 01:53 PM
Too early to fear Detroit. Detroit has great fans and at this point a great team but having spent time in both cities it is SA by a mile:

Category:

Women - SA (Think multitudes of "hot" Latinas), Detroit (Think Artetha Franklin types)

Tourist Attractions - SA (Alamo, Riverwalk), Detroit (huh? Maybe where the riots were??)

Economy - SA (growing), Detroit (dying)

Weather - SA (hot summers but nice rest of year), Detroit (hot summers then longjohns all winter)

Housing - SA (low cost), Detroit (higher than it should be for this area)

Would I retire there? - SA (heck yes), Detroit (what are you smoking?)

Best Beer - SA (lots to consider, but my favorite is Shiner Bock), Detroit (now that Blatz is gone autoworkers probably drink Bud)

Sorry Detroit - don't know how one can root for a team (albeit a great one) from your city?

ShoogarBear
12-12-2005, 03:24 PM
Women - SA (Think multitudes of "hot" Latinas), Detroit (Think Artetha Franklin types)

I've never actually been to Detroit (other than airport layovers), but I know three women from the Detroit area who all resemble (in one way or another) Grant Hill's wife, Tamia. So no points from me on this one.

theMUHMEshow
12-12-2005, 03:46 PM
Too early to fear Detroit. Detroit has great fans and at this point a great team but having spent time in both cities it is SA by a mile:

Category:

Tourist Attractions - SA (Alamo, Riverwalk), Detroit (huh? Maybe where the riots were??)

Economy - SA (growing), Detroit (dying)

Weather - SA (hot summers but nice rest of year), Detroit (hot summers then longjohns all winter)

Housing - SA (low cost), Detroit (higher than it should be for this area)

Would I retire there? - SA (heck yes), Detroit (what are you smoking?)

Best Beer - SA (lots to consider, but my favorite is Shiner Bock), Detroit (now that Blatz is gone autoworkers probably drink Bud)

Sorry Detroit - don't know how one can root for a team (albeit a great one) from your city?

Well since the pistons are IN AUBURN HILLS WHICH IS METRO DETROIT! Why dont you look at Oakland County which is the 3rd richest country in the nation? Has two of the best private schools in the nation along with booming economy.

I will agree Detroit as a city sucks, but Metro Detroit (where the Pistons actually practice and play) is better than San Antonio

Oh, Gee!!
12-12-2005, 03:48 PM

such a fucking homer

mikejones99
12-12-2005, 03:52 PM
Oakland County, Michigan is a rascist, white trash dump. Sure a few rich people live there but anyone who has been out of the state knows that pretty much all of Michigan is a hell whole. Too many stupid people for one state. Latinas are way hotter than those annoying voices from bitches in that state. If you can't handle the truth about michigan, get the fuck out of here. This is for San Antonio Spurs and their people. Rasho will dunk on yer head and your moron fans better sit down and shut up.

Trainwreck2100
12-12-2005, 03:53 PM
Oakland County, Michigan is a rascist, white trash dump. Sure a few rich people live there but anyone who has been out of the state knows that pretty much all of Michigan is a hell whole. Too many stupid people for one state. If you can't handle the truth about michigan, get the fuck out of here. This is for San Antonio Spurs and their people. Crush you on X mas

Stop being an ass.

leemajors
12-12-2005, 04:07 PM
Oakland County, Michigan is a rascist, white trash dump. Sure a few rich people live there but anyone who has been out of the state knows that pretty much all of Michigan is a hell whole. Too many stupid people for one state. Latinas are way hotter than those annoying voices from bitches in that state. If you can't handle the truth about michigan, get the fuck out of here. This is for San Antonio Spurs and their people. Rasho will dunk on yer head and your moron fans better sit down and shut up.

hey radio, you are stuck on detroit bash repeat. every big city has their shitty areas, it's what happens when a few million people live in very close proximity.

mavsfan1000
12-12-2005, 04:21 PM
It looks pretty obvious Detroit and Dallas are the spurs biggest threats. Why is this becoming a Detroit city bashing? Every city has its shit and Detroit is no different than anywhere else.

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-12-2005, 04:24 PM
It looks pretty obvious Detroit and Dallas are the spurs biggest threats. Why is this becoming a Detroit city bashing? Every city has its shit and Detroit is no different than anywhere else.

Good point. Why aren't we bashing Dallas more? It's the home of Michael Irvin's coked up ass, and Nate Newton (who was caught twice with 200-300 pounds of weed in his car). Not only that but I know a few people from the Dallas area and Detroit, and frankly I think the Dallas ones are far more likely to do drugs, stab someone, or steal a car.

ShoogarBear
12-12-2005, 04:42 PM
There is no challenge in bashing Dallas.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
12-12-2005, 06:05 PM

Try harder. You just sound like a fucking moron who is making general statements about shit you know nothing of with these lame/weak attempts at smack.

You make Mike Jones sound like Winston Churchill...

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-12-2005, 06:08 PM
Try harder. You just sound like a fucking moron who is making general statements about shit you know nothing of with these lame/weak attempts at smack.

You make Mike Jones sound like Winston Churchill...

You'll have to excuse Mike. No matter what the topic is he's talking about things he knows nothing about.

theMUHMEshow
12-12-2005, 06:11 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

SA Gunslinger
12-12-2005, 06:35 PM
I've never actually been to Detroit (other than airport layovers), but I know three women from the Detroit area who all resemble (in one way or another) Grant Hill's wife, Tamia. So no points from me on this one.

I have to agree. The ladies I have met from the Detroit area were very attractive.

FreshPrince22
12-12-2005, 06:36 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

:lol Nice Find!! :lol :lol
________
Laguna Heights Condominium Pattaya (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

ABDENOUR POWER
12-12-2005, 09:18 PM
Michigan is crap and as everyone saw, most of their fans are idiots. Throwing beers on players. What the hell is wrong with you people? In Michigan it seems like the criminals are running the asylum. Piston players and coach are great and no problem with them. It is the moron fans gm and owners tat cause the problems in that dump. Like Charles Barkley said, they should have let the Indiana Pacers beat the shit out of every fan that was throwing shit. Those pussy fans would run or never do it again if the players were allowed to get them. Stephen Jackson, Oneal and Artest should get raises.

:lmao

Keep 'em coming, MikeJones, this is the best shit I've read in ages.

:lol :lol :lol

Stacis_pistons_rock
12-12-2005, 10:25 PM
i agree with alot of you it's awfully to early but it's hard to argue that pistons and spurs are the odds all favorite and instead of debating whos got the better team pistons or spurs we should eat it up and then when the playoffs come then worry about it in the meantime who cares whos the better team were both better then any team in the nba,pistons and spurs are alike in 1 way they know what matters the most and its the playoffs. :fro

Stacis_pistons_rock
12-12-2005, 11:03 PM
Speak for yourself dear i moved to S A from monroe michigan and this place is discusting,i never had lice till my daughter went to their schools here you people need to clean yourselves.would love to know what studies you have to make such a big conclusion on a state and how people rate it.to be jealous of a team is one thing to bash the city is another

mikejones99
12-12-2005, 11:39 PM
If you do not like it why don't you move out of San Antonio? San Antonio is now in the top 10 in population so some people must like it.

msufan420
12-13-2005, 02:29 AM
I'm sure that has nothing to do with San Antonio being the closest major market city to Mexico or the fact that we have received over 100,000 evacuees from N.O.

What the fuck does the shit that spills out from you have anything to do with a possible rematch between the Spurs and Pistons in the Finals? Grow up dipshit.

Kori Ellis
12-13-2005, 02:31 AM
City bashing is weak. Take it elsewhere.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-13-2005, 02:33 AM
:lol @ lice smack.

msufan420
12-13-2005, 02:34 AM
City bashing is weak. Take it elsewhere.

I agree.....it has nothing to do with the sport of basketball.

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-13-2005, 10:44 AM
Damn Pistons. Look what they did to my VBookie totals!!!

<---------

Now my V-loan shark is going to send his V-goons to break my V-caps with crowbars.

pache100
12-13-2005, 10:47 AM
to be jealous of a team is one thing

:lol

The Spurs jealous of the Pistons??????

:lol :rollin :lol

samikeyp
12-13-2005, 11:09 AM
What the fuck does the shit that spills out from you have anything to do with a possible rematch between the Spurs and Pistons in the Finals? Grow up dipshit.

well said. Neither city has a corner on good points or bad points. Both cities have their far share of pluses and minuses. Why don't we stick to hoops?

sickdsm
12-13-2005, 12:13 PM
If you do not like it why don't you move out of San Antonio? San Antonio is now in the top 10 in population so some people must like it.

/enter chumpdumper rant about poor little old city of SA doesn't have the same big market oppurtunities as Mps.............

DarkReign
12-13-2005, 02:35 PM
This MikeJones dude is a fucking moron. I understand what makes this forum cool is the mysterious moderating that is or isnt done.

But this ball-bag is worthless. What a piece of trash.

O...Why on God's green earth would SA be jealous of Detroit?!

Last time I checked (and it pains every time I think about it), SA won game 7.

/argument

Stacis_pistons_rock
12-13-2005, 08:56 PM
http://www.bestplaces.net/docs/studies/crime1.aspx
since you guys wanna use the michigan is a killing type state the proof is right here and i belive texas is mention severaed times,sorry but i dont see michigan anywhere :) BTW when you send your kids to school make sure they dont have lice i moved to texas first week she started my daughter got lice from your kids.i wish i was back in michigan i may have to quit my job if my kid contiues to catch lice from dirty ass children from texas.
and may i mention the only reasobn spurs won game seven was because of a corny touch fouls they called on pistons down the stretch if you watched ESPN even they were laughing at the zebra's. it looked like spurs were deep throating them the night before cause the ref's didn't make the proper calls. this yr it will be in detroit and if they cant beat the hawks they have no chance in detroit. ohh but your gonna say its only one game but must i remind you its the hawks and they made themselves looks like nba champs against spurs and they even had days off to prepare for the game thats the funny part><lol

ChumpDumper
12-13-2005, 08:59 PM
/enter chumpdumper rant about poor little old city of SA doesn't have the same big market oppurtunities as Mps.............Is it a big market?

sickdsm
12-13-2005, 09:17 PM
Do they define Mps and SA by the same square mileage?

Anyway, using that data San Antonio ranks 95 out of 100 largest cities for the most crime. That same data ALSO says that NYC is one of the safest cities coming in at 14th, so i don't know how reliable that is.

http://www.bestplaces.net/docs/studies/crime3.aspx

ChumpDumper
12-13-2005, 09:18 PM
Do they define Mps and SA by the same square mileage?Should they?

sickdsm
12-13-2005, 09:24 PM
Point being that EVERYTHING is affected by that.

If Mps. and St. Paul were consided different meto areas (don't start with that crap about them being the same if your going to use that argument there too) would that sway things?

ChumpDumper
12-13-2005, 09:25 PM
If Mps. and St. Paul were consided different meto areas (don't start with that crap about them being the same if your going to use that argument there too) would that sway things?If they did.

They don't.

Take it up with them.

sickdsm
12-13-2005, 10:25 PM
STFU about Austin then and agree that the san antonio vicinity is bigger.

ChumpDumper
12-13-2005, 10:28 PM
What do you mean by vicinty?

I'm sorry you don't get that 10th largest city in population doesn't mean 10th largest media market or 10th largest metro area or 10th largest per capita income or 10th largest number of people living 100 miles away who give a shit, etc -- that's your issue. I hope you find the help you need.

sickdsm
12-13-2005, 10:41 PM
Look up the word, Bill.

Medua market isn't based on how far away your antenna can catch a fuzzy signal. If NJ didn't have a team, even if they weren't included in NY's media market, Does that mean that they would draw fans, more business buying suites or more people tuning in?

Fact is you have one of the larger cities in america in austin in your backyard thats considered another area, even though there's no pro competition. Hell, juding by the embarrasment at the hands of JJ, i'm sure the'res plenty of college fans looking for a team to get behind.

But college kids don't watch the NBA do they? The average NBA fan is 60 years old i'm sure.

ChumpDumper
12-13-2005, 10:43 PM
i'm sure the'res plenty of college fans looking for a team to get behind.Well, if it's just the Gophers, sure.

Rummpd
12-13-2005, 11:17 PM
Ok my apologies to the "Oakland Park Pistons", but we can all agree DALLAS SUCKS!

bdubya
12-14-2005, 12:25 AM
Ok my apologies to the "Oakland Park Pistons", but we can all agree DALLAS SUCKS!

Well, scoreboard says otherwise. I don't LIKE Dallas, and would like to see Cuban get punched out by a ref some time, but they're a pretty good ball club, honestly.

Trainwreck2100
12-14-2005, 12:27 AM

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5/middle_man_/mavs22nz.jpg

Hassdabballman
12-15-2005, 12:35 AM
pistons beat the kings on a great night from the back court.

rip 34 pts
billups 28 pts 19 ast

these guys both i think will make the allstar team this year.

ShoogarBear
12-15-2005, 12:38 AM
:wow Billups was off the hook.

Trainwreck2100
12-15-2005, 12:39 AM
pistons beat the kings on a great night from the back court.

rip 34 pts
billups 28 pts 19 ast

these guys both i think will make the allstar team this year.

Just be happy the monarchs weren't there, those lesbians would have put up a better fight.

conqueso
12-15-2005, 03:46 AM
...and may i mention the only reasobn [sic] spurs won game seven was because of a [sic] corny touch fouls they called on pistons down the stretch [sic] if you watched ESPN even they were laughing at the zebra's [sic]. it looked like spurs were deep throating them the night before cause the ref's didn't make the proper calls. this [sic] yr [sic] it will be in detroit and if they cant [sic] beat the hawks they have no chance in detroit. ohh but your [sic] gonna say its [sic] only one game but must i remind you its the hawks and they made themselves looks [sic] like nba champs against spurs and they even had days off to prepare for the game thats [sic] the funny part><lol

No you didn't....

You didn't just say that the reason the Spurs won game 7 was because the refs handed them the game.

Are you serious?

Do a lot of Pistons fans actually believe that? Most of the Detroit posters on this board gush about the Spurs, but do they deep-down-inside feel like the Pistons would have won if it weren't for the refs?

I can't even fathom how someone could think that.

Wake-up call: The refs weren't the reason the Pistons lost game 7. The reason the Pistons lost game 7 was simply because they couldn't stop Manu Ginobili and couldn't hit shots in the clutch. At the time when their lauded defense was needed the most, it failed (although, that might not be fair, because the things that Manu Ginobili was doing in the fourth quarter were surreal...I don't know if even the best defender in the world could have stopped him). That wasn't the ref who was dunking all over the Pistons in the 4th...that was Manu.

I think you might have some inner resentment issues that you need to sort out...maybe they stem from that unfortunate lice situation involving your child, I don't know. Regardless, you need to grow up and quit blaming the refs for what might have been a valiant effort, but what was still a failure.

FreshPrince22
12-15-2005, 04:20 AM
No you didn't....

You didn't just say that the reason the Spurs won game 7 was because the refs handed them the game.

Trust me, most Pistons fans respect the Spurs and what they do. The 2 teams are too similar to not have mutual admiration. But most of us also believe that if the game was in the Palace, with OUR home cooking instead of the Spurs' (if you know what I mean), then we would still be champs. We all know the refs were home-biased all series long (as they usually are). But that is the Pistons fault anyways for taking too many games off in the regular season. Why do you think the Pistons are trying so hard to win games this year?

We're not saying the Spurs didn't win it fair and square. Because they did. They earned HCA, and earned the benefit of the whistle. And it taught the Pistons a valuable lesson that they aren't likely to repeat.
________
Prilosec lawsuits (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/prilosec/)

jochhejaam
12-15-2005, 06:17 AM
Most of the Detroit posters on this board gush about the Spurs,
Let's not get carried with the gushing thing. :lol
Most true fans respected the Spurs even before we met in the Finals.
Great series and it was determined by the players not the refs.

Pistons < Spurs
12-15-2005, 09:15 AM
No you didn't....

Are you serious?

Do a lot of Pistons fans actually believe that? Most of the Detroit posters on this board gush about the Spurs, but do they deep-down-inside feel like the Pistons would have won if it weren't for the refs?

Wake-up call: The refs weren't the reason the Pistons lost game 7. The reason the Pistons lost game 7 was simply because they couldn't stop Manu Ginobili and couldn't hit shots in the clutch. At the time when their lauded defense was needed the most, it failed (although, that might not be fair, because the things that Manu Ginobili was doing in the fourth quarter were surreal...I don't know if even the best defender in the world could have stopped him). That wasn't the ref who was dunking all over the Pistons in the 4th...that was Manu.

I think you might have some inner resentment issues that you need to sort out...maybe they stem from that unfortunate lice situation involving your child, I don't know. Regardless, you need to grow up and quit blaming the refs for what might have been a valiant effort, but what was still a failure.

I don't blame or credit the refs for the outcome of game 7.

If I had to answer as to why we lost that game, I would say it was due to largely impart to Home Court Adv. The way the series went, and as evenly as the teams were matched up, whoever had HCA in game 7 was going to be in the drivers seat. Yes, if roles were reversed, and the game took place in Detroit, I have no doubt that Sheed would still be lofting his Belt in Victory.

The second factor IMO is one that is not often discussed or mentioned. I would have to blame LB for his personel decisions. Things were going our way until LB decided to rest Dice and Sheed, each w/ 4 fouls w/ 7 minutes to go in the game. Tayshaun ended up 'trying' to guard Duncan, and everything went to hell. Duncan re-asserted himself and took advantage of the mismatch. In a game 7, there is no way he should have kept my boys down. You have to lay it all on the line. Instead we saw our lead dissapear, and our chances evaporate. IMO LB completely fucked up.

GO SPurs Go
12-15-2005, 09:55 AM
gre

MosesGuthrie
12-15-2005, 09:58 AM
Yes, if roles were reversed, and the game took place in Detroit, I have no doubt that Sheed would still be lofting his Belt in Victory.

I do...both teams proved they could win on the others court.

To be fair though, I do have the same doubt that if they played that game again the next day, the Spurs still win. It was that close and Detroit was (and still is) that good.

12-15-2005, 10:44 AM
No you didn't....

Are you serious?

Uh, I believe there are some fans in here that think the Spurs would have swept if not for the refs.

Who cares?

JamStone
12-15-2005, 10:51 AM
The Spurs deserved the title last year. And, I don't think the referees handed game 7 to the Spurs.

HOWEVER ... do I feel that had the officiating been called a little bit differently, there would have been a different outcome? Absolutely. Just because I think there were a few touch-foul calls by the refs doesn't mean I think they handed the game to the Spurs. It just means that the Pistons were a little unfortunate with the calls, but that's the way the game goes, and we deal with it. It's part of the game. Doesn't mean we can't feel that our team would have won had we not gotten a couple of those cheap fouls.

Review the game and you'll see the Pistons had control of game 7 in the third quarter (may have even been a double digit lead, I can't recall), until Rasheed and Chauncey each collected their fourth foul. In all honesty, Rasheed had two fouls that were very questionable. Had Chauncey and Rasheed not have to go to the bench during the stretch in which Timmy took over, we very well may be talking a different story.

AGAIN ... it takes nothing away from how good the Spurs were, how great Timmy was in the fourth quarter, how great Manu played down the stretch, and the defense Bruce played on Chauncey at the end of the game. I don't blame the refs for the loss. But, YES, I believe had the calls gone the Pistons way a little more, they would have beaten the Spurs. I don't think that's disrespect to the Spurs, using conspiracy theory on officiating, or being a sore loser. It's just how some of us Pistons fans feel.

Spurs won fair and square, and part of winning sometimes deals with getting the lucky breaks or the benefit of the calls. Officiating is a subjective thing, so while calls can be questioned, it doesn't mean we don't understand and accept that that subjectivity is part of the game.

MosesGuthrie
12-15-2005, 11:52 AM
so then, without the refs, the Spurs have absolutely no shot of winning?

JamStone
12-15-2005, 12:03 PM
Not what I said, and you know that.

And, it doesn't matter, because there are NO GAMES PLAYED WITHOUT REFS. It's a moot argument.

I'm speaking SPECIFICALLY game 7, how the game was going, when the Pistons had control of the game in the third quarter, had Chauncey and Rasheed not have to be benched because of foul trouble, then I believe the Pistons would have won the game. That doesn't mean the Spurs had no chance without the calls. It means, based on how the game was going, the Pistons were in position to win. And, since some of us Pistons fans believe some of the fouls called on Rasheed and Chauncey were questionable, then we feel it was an unfortunate break of the game, based on the subjectivity of officiating. NOT BLAMING. NOT MAKING A CONSPIRACY THEORY. NOT SAYING THE SPURS DIDN'T DESERVE TO WIN. None of that. I just believe that things would have turned out differently had some of the cheap fouls not been called.

MosesGuthrie
12-15-2005, 12:05 PM
I don't know that because I don't know you so how could I?

Let me rephrase...

If those calls that you deem questionable were not called....do you feel the Spurs have absolutely no shot of winning the game?

JamStone
12-15-2005, 12:09 PM
No, I don't think the Spurs would have had absolutely no chance of winning the game.

I do believe that the Pistons would have won had Chauncey and Rasheed were not on the bench when the Spurs built their second half lead.

Sure, the Spurs still could have won even had Chauncey and Rasheed been in more in the second half. It's just a "fan's" opinion that Detroit would have maintained their control of the game had they not had to sit as long as they did.

Phenomanul
12-15-2005, 12:16 PM
This is something that I think eludes most Piston fans, if Manu doesn't get hurt in Game 3.... The series would not have gone to 7 games...

As for the fouls, I can't think of how many times Wallace got away with hacking at Duncan's forearms to cause him to loose the ball.... that was pretty irritating...

And with that I mean that the officiating went both ways...

MosesGuthrie
12-15-2005, 12:19 PM
Fair enough Jamstone.

My point wasn't to aggrevate. I just have a problem with people making excuses about the Finals. (not that I am saying you personally were) The fact of the matter is that the NBA determines the winner of a game one way. Who scores the most points. For 4 of the 7 games, the Spurs did that. In that series, the Spurs were the better team. You take two weeks off and play it again? The same result is in no way guaranteed. Was Detroit not a good team? Hell no, they were a great team and a worthy opponent. They play the game, IMO, the way it should be played and it was a great finals despite all bitching about ratings. (if you noticed the people doing the bitching were those who didn't have a team involved :) ) Some Piston fans (not all...at least not the smart ones) are blaming the refs and that pisses me off. Its as if for some reason, the championship is tainted. As you said and as I agree...its not about the refs its about the players. I also know that if the situation was reversed...there would be some Spurs fans(again...not the smart ones) who would be doing the same.

JamStone
12-15-2005, 12:25 PM
This is something that I think eludes most Piston fans, if Manu doesn't get hurt in Game 3.... The series would not have gone to 7 games...

As for the fouls, I can't think of how many times Wallace got away with hacking at Duncan's forearms to cause him to loose the ball.... that was pretty irritating...

And with that I mean that the officiating went both ways...

I can accept that their were missed call or bad calls both ways the whole series. That's why I can accept the Spurs winning and say they were the best team.

Being tied after 3 quarters of game 7 of the NBA finals should tell you that both teams were pretty good and comparable, despite what you think about the effects of Manu Ginobili's injury (by the way, just like officiating, injuries is part of the game).

My point is only that had the Pistons got the benefit of some calls in GAME 7, then I think things would have turned out differently. That's all. I'm not trying to say anything controversial, and I'm not taking anything away from the Spurs. I think the teams were evenly matched up enough so that either team could have won game 7. And, I thought the Pistons had control of the game in the 3rd quarter before fouls turned the game around. Part of the game. And, great win for the Spurs.

Stacis_pistons_rock
12-15-2005, 12:26 PM
odd i was watching the news and someone found a gun in one of your elementary schools by a student.lol you seem to talk as if detroit is a horrible city when you have ya own problems with kids bring guns to school, i'm in texas on a job and this place is more worse then the bad side of detroit my daughter was in your schools for a week and got lice. so stfu with your bashing jokes their gettin old and everyone whos been to michigan knows how off you are texas is worse in crime them michigan look it up!

12-15-2005, 12:26 PM

Can you tell me what the lotto numbers are too?

MosesGuthrie
12-15-2005, 12:29 PM
odd i was watching the news and someone found a gun in one of your elementary schools by a student.lol you seem to talk as if detroit is a horrible city when you have ya own problems with kids bring guns to school, i'm in texas on a job and this place is more worse then the bad side of detroit my daughter was in your schools for a week and got lice. so stfu with your bashing jokes their gettin old and everyone whos been to michigan knows how off you are texas is worse in crime them michigan look it up

yeah and you are constantly talking shit about SA and purposely ignoring the good things we have here.

The city bashing is for dumbasses...everyone should stick to hoops.

JamStone
12-15-2005, 12:30 PM
Fair enough Jamstone.

My point wasn't to aggrevate. I just have a problem with people making excuses about the Finals. (not that I am saying you personally were) The fact of the matter is that the NBA determines the winner of a game one way. Who scores the most points. For 4 of the 7 games, the Spurs did that. In that series, the Spurs were the better team. You take two weeks off and play it again? The same result is in no way guaranteed. Was Detroit not a good team? Hell no, they were a great team and a worthy opponent. They play the game, IMO, the way it should be played and it was a great finals despite all bitching about ratings. (if you noticed the people doing the bitching were those who didn't have a team involved :) ) Some Piston fans (not all...at least not the smart ones) are blaming the refs and that pisses me off. Its as if for some reason, the championship is tainted. As you said and as I agree...its not about the refs its about the players. I also know that if the situation was reversed...there would be some Spurs fans(again...not the smart ones) who would be doing the same.

MosesGuthrie,

Yeah, I wasn't trying to be controversial. And, I in no way was blaming the refs for the loss. To belabor what I've been saying, I KNOW that foul calls are part of the game, and players just have to play through it. AGAIN, I'm not complaining about the fouls. I'm just trying to say that had a couple calls gone the Pistons' way, I believe there would have been a different result. I think YOU know what I'm trying to say. I hope other Spurs fans can realize what I'm trying to say ...

The Spurs ABSOLUTELY deserved to win last year. Could the Pistons have won game 7 if they caught a couple more breaks from the referees (which could have gone either way)? I believe so. That's all I'm saying.

MosesGuthrie
12-15-2005, 12:30 PM
I get it bro. Its all good.

Sadly, both sides have dumbasses. :)

12-15-2005, 12:32 PM
Could the Pistons have won game 7 if they caught a couple more breaks from the referees (which could have gone either way)? I believe so. That's all I'm saying.

Yeah, but you could say that about any team that lost any game in the playoffs...

MosesGuthrie
12-15-2005, 12:33 PM
I think that was his point...and he might be right. The series was so tight...anything could have happened.

JamStone
12-15-2005, 12:41 PM
Yeah, but you could say that about any team that lost any game in the playoffs...

You could say that about a lot of "CLOSE" games in any game of the playoffs.

Point about getting the benefit of "certain calls" I'm referring to is that THOSE FOULS could have easily NOT BEEN CALLED. So, if the call could have gone the other way, then that changes the course of the game, seeing how foul trouble ended up being an issue in the second half. That being said, poor or missed calls are part of the game, so the Pistons lost fair and square.

I can still believe things would have turned out differently, based on a couple of calls.

If a team in the playoffs gets blown out by 30 points, and were never closer than 20 points in the final three quarters, hard to say that that losing team could say what I'm trying to say. But, you catch my drift ...

12-15-2005, 12:43 PM
You could say that about a lot of "CLOSE" games in any game of the playoffs.

Point about getting the benefit of "certain calls" I'm referring to is that THOSE FOULS could have easily NOT BEEN CALLED. So, if the call could have gone the other way, then that changes the course of the game, seeing how foul trouble ended up being an issue in the second half. That being said, poor or missed calls are part of the game, so the Pistons lost fair and square.

I can still believe things would have turned out differently, based on a couple of calls.

If a team in the playoffs gets blown out by 30 points, and were never closer than 20 points in the final three quarters, hard to say that that losing team could say what I'm trying to say. But, you catch my drift ...

I do, but you must forget Laker Fan bitching about the calls in Gs 4 and 5 in 2004...

Phenomanul
12-15-2005, 12:45 PM
Can you tell me what the lotto numbers are too?

I admit it was a speculative comment; but consider this:

Manu was playing out of this world before that injury... As Spurs fans who watch every game... we know that his "thigh - knee contusions" have affected his explosiveness and thus his ability to be effective (he has had those type of injuries at least 4 or 5 different times during his tenure with the Spurs)... Manu's 'jerky' movements are predicated on such explosiveness and when he's down the whole team feels it... particularly because they had grown accustomed to his growing role on the team...

Game 3 slipped out of reach as soon as Manu was hurt.

By Game 7, Ginobili looked like his former self...

Also consider this... Detroit's defensive schemes did not stop Ginobili... Injury stopped Ginobili... while hurt Manu was commiting rare turnovers bouncing balls off of his feet etc...

JamStone
12-15-2005, 12:52 PM
I do, but you must forget Laker Fan bitching about the calls in Gs 4 and 5 in 2004...

You don't understand.

I'm not bitching about the calls. I accept them. They are part of the game.

ALL I AM SAYING is that had they gone the other way, not been called, the game would have turned out differently. THAT IS ALL. I'm not complaining about the calls. I'm not saying the NBA fixed the game. I'm not saying the refs handed the game to the Spurs. I'm just saying I believe the Pistons would have won if Rasheed, Chauncey (and even McDyess) did not get into foul trouble.

Spurs deserved to win. How does what I'm saying compared to Laker fans bitching about officiating in 2004? It doesn't. Lakers were completely overmatched and BLOWN OUT in games 5. Their assertions carry very little weight.

SA Gunslinger
12-15-2005, 12:55 PM
I think the series was won and lost in game five. Horry's shot was the back breaker, even though the Pistons did win game six.

12-15-2005, 12:58 PM
You don't understand.

I'm not bitching about the calls. I accept them. They are part of the game.

ALL I AM SAYING is that had they gone the other way, not been called, the game would have turned out differently. THAT IS ALL. I'm not complaining about the calls. I'm not saying the NBA fixed the game. I'm not saying the refs handed the game to the Spurs. I'm just saying I believe the Pistons would have won if Rasheed, Chauncey (and even McDyess) did not get into foul trouble.

Spurs deserved to win. How does what I'm saying compared to Laker fans bitching about officiating in 2004? It doesn't. Lakers were completely overmatched and BLOWN OUT in games 5. Their assertions carry very little weight.

I understood the first time...

The Laker Fan comment was mostly in jest as they were bitching about calls while getting rolled...

Marklar MM
12-15-2005, 04:17 PM
I admit it was a speculative comment; but consider this:

Manu was playing out of this world before that injury... As Spurs fans who watch every game... we know that his "thigh - knee contusions" have affected his explosiveness and thus his ability to be effective (he has had those type of injuries at least 4 or 5 different times during his tenure with the Spurs)... Manu's 'jerky' movements are predicated on such explosiveness and when he's down the whole team feels it... particularly because they had grown accustomed to his growing role on the team...

Game 3 slipped out of reach as soon as Manu was hurt.

By Game 7, Ginobili looked like his former self...

Also consider this... Detroit's defensive schemes did not stop Ginobili... Injury stopped Ginobili... while hurt Manu was commiting rare turnovers bouncing balls off of his feet etc...

Yes, and Rip had a thigh bruise. It is just how the cookie crumbles.

conqueso
12-15-2005, 04:44 PM
Review the game and you'll see the Pistons had control of game 7 in the third quarter (may have even been a double digit lead, I can't recall), until Rasheed and Chauncey each collected their fourth foul. In all honesty, Rasheed had two fouls that were very questionable. Had Chauncey and Rasheed not have to go to the bench during the stretch in which Timmy took over, we very well may be talking a different story.

Decided to take your advice and review the game.

Third Quarter:

11:16 Chauncey picks up his third foul for sitting on Duncan's head after he had possession of the ball on the floor. No benefit of the call here, since I hope that landing on some dude constitutes a foul.

11:09 Sheed picks up his fourth foul for hacking Ginobili on a lay-up attempt...Replays show it clearly to be a hack across the arms, not a touch foul. No "benefit of the call" here, no subjectivity...it was definitely a foul that still would have been called even if the game was in Detroit. Contrary to Ben's contention, Manu didn't travel. Game is tied at this point, by the way, before Detroit went up by 9.

10:20 Foul on Parker on a Rip drive...touch foul, and one.

9:26 Ben gets called for third foul on Duncan, flops to floor...really should have been a no-call. Does not effect game...no FTs, Ben not in foul trouble. Pistons lead, 42-39.

7:25 Parker scores, Billups flops, no call...no foul on either side. Detroit leads 48-41.

7:06 Touch foul called on Bowen.

6:18 Duncan put-back, fouled by McDyess, and one. Touch foul. Detroit leads 48-44

5:15 3-second violation on Duncan while McDyess was clutching and grabbing him. Can't really understand this call, but it certainly benefitted Detroit. Detroit leads 50-46.

4:58 Duncan fouls Ben Wallace...looked like a clean block, but there was incidental contact and it wasn't a horrible call. Certainly no more contact than McDyess' foul on Duncan. Benefit: Detroit. Detroit leads 50-46 after Wallace misses both freebies.

4:01 Duncan hacked by McDyess. This was another clear foul. It is revealed on that on the previous play when Duncan made his move to the hoop, he brushed McDyess' face with the ball as he pivoted. No foul called on Duncan, but no foul called on the ensuing shot when he received body contact and fell to the ground, so I guess they even each other out. Detroit leads 52-48.

3:30 Hamilton pushes Duncan in the body (clear on the replay) as he's shooting, and one. Detroit leads 52-51.

3:15 Barry called for foul on Hamilton's drive. Replay reveals it was incidental contact, a "touch foul." Benefit: Detroit. Detroit leads 53-51.

2:00 Billups fouled by Duncan. Block looked clean, might have been a little bit of contact. Benefit: Detroit. Detroit leads 55-53.

1:39 Ginobili: sick dunk. Tie game.

:54 Duncan's shot blocked by Wallace. Contact on arm. No call. Benefit: Detroit.

End of Third Quarter, scored tied at 57.

So from that review, I discovered a few things. One, San Antonio certainly didn't get the benefit of "touch fouls" at all. With only one or two exceptions, all of the fouls called on the Pistons were clear and obvious fouls. If either team benefitted from the calls in the third quarter, it was the Pistons, as can be seen from the log above. Second, Billups did not pick up his fourth foul in the third quarter; he played all 12 minutes. He didn't "have to go to the bench during the stretch in which Timmy took over." Third, Rasheed's fourth foul was a merciless hack, with no argument from him (surprisingly). While one or two of the other three fouls called on him in the first half might be suspect (although I haven't reviewed those calls yet), he is the only one to blame for picking up his fourth. Playing with three fouls, he should have known that he shouldn't go around hacking people.

But, YES, I believe had the calls gone the Pistons way a little more, they would have beaten the Spurs. I don't think that's disrespect to the Spurs, using conspiracy theory on officiating, or being a sore loser. It's just how some of us Pistons fans feel.

The calls, at least in the third, went the Pistons way. Not to any significant degree, but they certainly benefitted more from the referrees than the Spurs did.

Spurs won fair and square, and part of winning sometimes deals with getting the lucky breaks or the benefit of the calls. Officiating is a subjective thing, so while calls can be questioned, it doesn't mean we don't understand and accept that that subjectivity is part of the game.

Let me just preface this by saying that I'm not trying to be antagonistic at all. I appreciate the fact that you say the Spurs won fair and square. But when you also assert that the Spurs were "getting the lucky breaks or the benefit of the calls," you are implicitly stating that the Spurs won not because of their skill or because they were the better team, but because an external factor pushed them past the Pistons. This claim certainly detracts from the performance of the Spurs in Game 7, and even though you recognize that "subjectivity is part of the game," you diminish the Spurs' accomplishment by saying they were lucky and got help from the refs. I think it is disrespectful to say that the particular subjectivity of the refs on that June night in San Antonio played any tangible role in their victory. It is it false to claim that the Spurs got more benefit than the Pistons did, regardless of the inherent subjectivity of the refs.

The Spurs deserved the title last year. And, I don't think the referees handed game 7 to the Spurs.

HOWEVER ... do I feel that had the officiating been called a little bit differently, there would have been a different outcome? Absolutely. Just because I think there were a few touch-foul calls by the refs doesn't mean I think they handed the game to the Spurs. It just means that the Pistons were a little unfortunate with the calls, but that's the way the game goes, and we deal with it. It's part of the game. Doesn't mean we can't feel that our team would have won had we not gotten a couple of those cheap fouls.

As you will notice when you conduct your own review of the game, Detroit benefitted from a few touch-foul calls as well. The disparity in the calls in this game was not significant. And yes, if they called the game differently (i.e. if they called the game unevenly in favor of Detroit), then the outcome might have been different. But do not delude yourself: the refs did not call the game unevenly in favor of San Antonio. (Again, not trying to be antagonistic, but) the Spurs won because they were better than the Pistons. The Spurs did not receive any more benefit from the subjectivity of the refs than the Pistons did.

The only thing that would have changed the outcome of that game is if Detroit had been a better team. But they weren't. And that's why they lost.

George Gervin's Afro
12-15-2005, 04:51 PM
enough pistons fans the series is OVER. you can play the "spurs deserved to win but..." game bu you need to let it go. you lost so deal with it. the better team won.

George Gervin's Afro
12-15-2005, 04:55 PM
one thing i will mention considering we are talking about the officiating in the finals is that every time duncan went up with the ball he either was pushed with both hands are bodied on the way up so actually ended up couple of feet farther from the basket. that is a foul.. this happened everytime he had the ball .. no one hear complained about that but it was obvious.. ..

12-15-2005, 05:00 PM
no one hear complained about that but it was obvious.. ..

Right, it's just all the other fans that complain about the calls...

You people have selective memories...

mike detroit
12-15-2005, 06:20 PM
I think referee calls are a lot like politics and media coverage. Unless it's really blatent in your teams favor, it always seems like the other side is getting the better of it. Much like how NPR seems unbiased to a democrat, and fox news seems fair to a republican. Our own biases color how we see things, as we think things SHOULD go the way we WANT them to. I've fallen victim to blaming the refs at time for things, but if I catch myself I try to avoid it.

JamStone
12-15-2005, 06:39 PM
conqueso,

I haven't watched game 7 since it was played live. If you have the time, try to see the first half where Chauncey and Rasheed got their first few fouls. If in your most unbiased opionion, you think all of their fouls were legitimate, that's cool. I'm just saying there were a couple that could have easily gone the other way or not been called. That's the "benefit" of the call I'm talking about ... that it could have gone either way. Rasheed or Chauncey get one fewer foul--meaning ANY of their previous fouls called, they remain in the game when the Spurs make their run in the second half.

GeorgeGervin,

I've let it go and am content in the outcome of the game. A Spurs fans asked the question about whether Pistons fans really believed the refs handed the game to the Spurs when another Pistons fan made a comment. I was simply voicing my opinion in response to let that Spurs fan know how at least I feel about it. I wouldn't have even brought it back up hadn't two different Spurs fans asked questions regarding game 7.

If those calls that you deem questionable were not called....do you feel the Spurs have absolutely no shot of winning the game?

Just trying to give an honest opinion and trying to answer their questions. It's really not that deep. No controversy. No blame. No sore reaction about the outcome. Just telling those Spurs fans what I think from a Pistons perspective.

conqueso
12-15-2005, 10:14 PM
Just trying to give an honest opinion and trying to answer their questions. It's really not that deep. No controversy. No blame. No sore reaction about the outcome. Just telling those Spurs fans what I think from a Pistons perspective.

I hear your point, and to be fair, I've felt the same way about many many many Spurs losses in the past. I also think that if I had spent my entire life living in Detroit instead of San Antonio, I would feel exactly the same way you do.

When finals are over, I'll watch that first half of game 7 again, paying special attention to the fouls called on the Pistons. I'm still not convinced, but we'll see.

Good luck on X-Mas (or as the media is hyping it, "Game 8")

boutons
12-15-2005, 11:31 PM
Going into Christmas day game,
I expect the Pistons to be 21 - 3,
and the Spurs 22-5, or 23 - 4 at best.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-15-2005, 11:34 PM
i think the pistons will be getting more for this game than the spurs win. also they are playing much better than SA is right now. and since the game is 10 days away and duncan has some heel issues, i wouldn't be surprised to see the pistons take it

FreshPrince22
12-16-2005, 02:17 AM
The refs had a hell of a lot less to do with how game 7 ended than Larry Brown did. He was the moron that put Sheed AND Dice on the bench with 4 fouls each in the 3rd. At that point in that type of game you need to go all out. Leave Dice in to guard Duncan. Worst case scenario is he fouls out in a few minutes (But that is still unlikely) and you bring in Sheed. If the refs have the balls to foul out our entire frontline on cheapy fouls in that type of game, then they might as well shut down the league.

THAT coaching move was the turning point of the game, and effectively lost the series for the Pistons. That's why I'm glad Larry is gone. He pulled the same crap against the Nets in '04 (not putting in Okur in 3OT when our entire starting lineup was fouled out just because he doesn't like him, we ended up losing) and against the Heat in '05 (Pulled Tayshaun for the entire 2nd quarter because he had 2 fouls, we were killed in that quarter, and Tayshaun didn't pick up another foul the rest of the game, we lost).
________
The Cliff Condominium (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

DarkReign
12-16-2005, 10:25 AM
The refs had a hell of a lot less to do with how game 7 ended than Larry Brown did. He was the moron that put Sheed AND Dice on the bench with 4 fouls each in the 3rd. At that point in that type of game you need to go all out. Leave Dice in to guard Duncan. Worst case scenario is he fouls out in a few minutes (But that is still unlikely) and you bring in Sheed. If the refs have the balls to foul out our entire frontline on cheapy fouls in that type of game, then they might as well shut down the league.

THAT coaching move was the turning point of the game, and effectively lost the series for the Pistons. That's why I'm glad Larry is gone. He pulled the same crap against the Nets in '04 (not putting in Okur in 3OT when our entire starting lineup was fouled out just because he doesn't like him, we ended up losing) and against the Heat in '05 (Pulled Tayshaun for the entire 2nd quarter because he had 2 fouls, we were killed in that quarter, and Tayshaun didn't pick up another foul the rest of the game, we lost).

QFT!

(quoted for truth)

The fouls were cheap, but Brown ultimately fucked that up. Period.

Blaming refs for losing games is silly (although i was guilty at the time).

George Gervin's Afro
12-16-2005, 11:08 AM
Right, it's just all the other fans that complain about the calls...

You people have selective memories...

well i am assuming your not referring to me because if the spurs had lost i certainly would have not blamed the loss on tim duncan being continually fouled.. you on the other hand seem to place an awful lot of responsibilty on the referees for the pistons losing the series. spurs made the plays when they had to and the pistons did not. very simple.

Marklar MM
12-16-2005, 03:22 PM
well i am assuming your not referring to me because if the spurs had lost i certainly would have not blamed the loss on tim duncan being continually fouled.. you on the other hand seem to place an awful lot of responsibilty on the referees for the pistons losing the series. spurs made the plays when they had to and the pistons did not. very simple.

He is not talking about overall series. He is saying that when they call a foul on your team, and you start talking about how it is a bs call. Every team has fans like that.

And as said, LB ultimately lost us game 7. Tayshaun Prince and Ben Wallace as your power forward and center, against Horry and Duncan...both taller than the 4-5 we had going. Horrible. Throw Darko or Elden in there...and Duncan would not have had such easy looks at the basket when Tay had to switch on him.

Hassdabballman
12-20-2005, 05:07 PM
Ddeeetttrroooiiittt Bassketbaaaallll

Pistons Keep Rolling Beat Memphis, Face Portland Tonight, While The Spurs Are Losing To Teams Like The Hawks And Hornets.(nothing Again Them,its Just That If The Spurs Wanna Be An Elite Team They Have To Win Those Games)

Pistons < Spurs
12-20-2005, 05:10 PM

Pistons Keep Rolling Beat Memphis, Face Portland Tonight, While The Spurs Are Losing To Teams Like The Hawks And Hornets.(nothing Again Them,its Just That If The Spurs Wanna Be An Elite Team They Have To Win Those Games)

Pistons lost to those same teams last year.........
:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

And the Spurs are already an ELITE team.

Extra Stout
12-20-2005, 05:14 PM

Umm... typically a team is elite by virtue of being the defending champion.

boutons
12-20-2005, 05:22 PM
"being the defending champion."

They would be an elite team if they were playing like the defending champion, rather than fucking around for 2 or 3 months like they do every year, playing bad and losing to (EC) lottery teams.

Same old Spurs, nothing "special" about this Spurs season so far.

With with all the rotation returning, some of us were hoping for better, we'll get over it. :)

Rummpd
12-20-2005, 09:45 PM
Pistons currently losing to Portland by 5 with 5 to go.

Marklar MM
12-20-2005, 10:19 PM
Pistons win by 4.

THE X-FACTOR
12-20-2005, 11:11 PM
The Pistons have not played the Spurs, Heat, Pacers, Cavs, or Wolves yet.....the only good team they have played (Dallas) blew them out, the Pistons are not as good as their record, they maybe 20-3 but they are only a .500 team.....

Kori Ellis
12-20-2005, 11:19 PM
The Pistons have not played the Spurs, Heat, Pacers, Cavs, or Wolves yet.....the only good team they have played (Dallas) blew them out, the Pistons are not as good as their record, they maybe 20-3 but they are only a .500 team.....

Did you forget you are supposed to be a Pistons fan for a second?

Oops... wrong screen name?

jochhejaam
12-20-2005, 11:30 PM
the Pistons are not as good as their record, they maybe 20-3 but they are only a .500 team.....
Instant Classic :lol

Hassdabballman
12-21-2005, 12:18 AM

are you on crack?? Pistons played Twice as many game on the road then at home.

mikejones99
12-21-2005, 12:44 AM
Finally a Detroit fan that knows the truth. Very rare. Easy road games and games against non contenders. Milwaukee is a contender with Miami and Detroit in the east.

12-21-2005, 01:49 AM
Finally a Detroit fan that knows the truth. Very rare. Easy road games and games against non contenders. Milwaukee is a contender with Miami and Detroit in the east.

Riiiiiiiight...

And Memphis is right up there with the Spurs in the West...

FreshPrince22
12-21-2005, 02:02 AM
Did you forget you are supposed to be a Pistons fan for a second?

Oops... wrong screen name?

X-Factor with the "Dash" is a real Piston fan (unlike X Factor with no "Dash"). I think he's just trying to be sarcastic. Here are the wins that I feel are "quality" wins:

at Phoenix
at Houston (with T-mac)
at Clippers (they're 10-2 there)
at Milwaukee (on the 2nd of a back-to-back, with the first being a 2OT game)
at Memphis (They're damn good)
at Golden State (when they were playing great ball)

So, when you look at it, we have played, and beaten, quite a few quality teams on the road. Road games aren't easy no matter who the opponent is. There are some other wins against +.500 teams, but the other team has to play fairly well for me to consider it a quality win.
________
Pipe Shop (http://glassgallery.tumblr.com/bubblers/)

FreshPrince22
12-21-2005, 02:03 AM
Milwaukee is a contender with Miami and Detroit in the east.

Funny, we beat the Bucks in Milwaukee on the back end of a back-to-back with the first game going to double overtime.
________
Washington Medical Marijuana Dispensaries (http://washington.dispensaries.org/)

wsdp
12-21-2005, 10:04 AM

*laughing* They've played 2/3 of their games on the road, just won 5-games in 7-days, heck, already made 2 different west coast trips and only have one more trip to the west coast left this season. 10-2 against the Western Conference including Clippers, Suns, Warriors, and Griz ... And the Dallas loss by 37 came on 3rd in 4 in 3 different time zones and back end of back to back (a.k.a., scheduling loss) ...

Save the f'ing trashtalk till June, 'eh?

THE X-FACTOR
12-21-2005, 11:37 AM
X-Factor with the "Dash" is a real Piston fan (unlike X Factor with no "Dash"). I think he's just trying to be sarcastic. Here are the wins that I feel are "quality" wins:

FP22 wins the prize :) :king I still want to see how they finish the year playing the Spurs and Heat at home and the Cavs in Cleveland on New Year's eve day... if they start the new year still only with 3 losses (two of which they really beat themselves) then I will be happy...

tlongII
12-21-2005, 11:44 AM
Blazers got ripped off by the refs last night.

12-21-2005, 12:18 PM

The refs were bad in the second half last night. No doubt the Pistons got the calls...

Two fouls on Billups 3 pt attempts in successive possessions plus a questionable goaltending call on Theo buried the Blazers...

ShoogarBear
12-21-2005, 12:24 PM
The refs were bad in the second half last night. No doubt the Pistons got the calls...

Two fouls on Billups 3 pt attempts in successive possessions plus a questionable goaltending call on Theo buried the Blazers...

:lol Really, they called two consecutive 3-point fouls? Never seen that before.

leemajors
12-21-2005, 12:29 PM
it will be interesting to see how milwaukee does the rest of this season. they're not ready to go toe to toe with the pistons or heat in the playoffs, but they are definitely on the level right below them with the pacers(since the pacers are playing badly right now). it may be very different at the end of the season, but right now they are looking pretty good. they could use a bit more big depth, but they are leaps and bounds ahead of where they were last season.

tlongII
12-21-2005, 12:33 PM
:lol Really, they called two consecutive 3-point fouls? Never seen that before.

It was ridiculous. Even Billups was laughing at the calls.

JamStone
12-21-2005, 12:42 PM

mikejones99,

Take a careful look at what the Pistons have done so far. You can downplay the Pistons' record all you want. You can say the road games were easy, and the Pistons haven't played many contenders. But, in truth, the Pistons are playing very well and deserve credit. They're still 12-2 on the road and 5-2 on the second game of back-to-backs. And, all those non-contenders you talk about ... well, the Pistons HAVE had 9-10 blowouts already. They'll take it. Will the Pistons be this good all season? Probably not. But, they're playing better than any other team in the league right now, despite what you think about how good the teams they've played are.

DETROIT PISTONS SCHEDULE (so far)

11/2 Philly W 108-88 (blowout)
11/4 @ Boston W 82-81 (kept it close, and won at the end ... lucky, but they'll take it)
11/5 Toronto W 117-84 (blowout)
11/8 @ Sacramento 102-88 (basically a blowout)
11/10 @ Phoenix 111-104 (good win against a run-and-gun team)
11/11 @ Portland (3d game of the WC trip, second of back-to-back, played sluggish, but eeked out the W)
11/15 Boston W 115-100 (blowout)
11/18 @ Houston 78-70 (ugly road win, but they'll take it)
11/19 @ Dallas L 82-119 (first loss was really ugly, Dallas played extremely well, Pistons got their asses handed to them, back-to-back didn't matter, Dallas was just better that night)
11/23 Denver W 114-89 (blowout)
11/25 Washington L 114-120 2OT (had chances to win, but Caron Butler came up huge in the overtimes, and Pistons couldn't score enough, Ben, Rip, and Chauncey all fouled out)
11/26 @ Milwaukee W 85-76 (tough second game of back-to-back and on the road, gritty win)
11/30 @ New Jersey W 93-83 (solid road win, bad second quarter by the bench, otherwise, it should have been a blowout)
12/2 New York W 106-98 (emotional game with Larry Brown, but relatively easy win, even though the score doesn't reflect it)
12/3 @ Chicago W 92-79 (blowout road win)
12/9 @ Golden State W 106-103 (Jason Richardson was unstoppable, Pistons were fortunate to get the win, played very poised at the end of the game)
12/11 @ LA Clippers W 109-98 (Clippers were hyped from the start, Brand and Kaman came out firing and playing well, but Pistons still controlled the entire game, very good road win)
12/12 @ Utah L 78-92 (Pistons had 13 point lead at halftime, and came out flat in the second half, Kirilenko and Okur played very well, and Jazz hustled more against Pistons tired legs, second bad loss of the season)
12/14 Sacramento W 109-98 (blowout)
12/16 Chicago W 110-82 (blowout)
12/17 @ Charlotte W 103-78 (blowout)
12/19 @ Memphis W 106-104 (had control of the game for most of the game, Gasol and Memphis made a strong comeback and pushed Detroit to the limit, gutcheck win)
12/20 Portland W 93-89 (closer than it should have, despite the back-to-back, Zach Randolph scored at will, first time the Pistons failed to score 100 points at home, a win is a win, but Pistons did not play well)

JamStone
12-21-2005, 12:44 PM
Referees definitely helped the Pistons last night. Two questionable goaltending calls on Theo Ratliff as well. That's tough, if you're a Blazers fan. Pistons are not going to feel bad about getting the benefit of the call. Every team and player has felt the other end of a poor call.

FreshPrince22
12-21-2005, 12:48 PM

The Theo block was legit. I'll give you that. But if you hit a guy on the elbow as he takes a three it's gonna be a foul. Just because you did it on the previous possession doesn't mean you get a free pass on the next possession. Needless to say, Chauncey doesn't shoot three-balls that come up 5 feet short and 2 feet wide.

The Blazers got plenty of calls as well. Sheed was manhandled by the refs down the strech and Rip had a perfectly clean block down the strech that wasn't even close and they called a foul.

BTW, how about Ruben patterson throwing the ball backwards on the inbounds pass? I was laughing my ass off. That was the strangest thing I've ever seen. :lol
________
perfect tits Webcam (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/big-tits/)

leemajors
12-21-2005, 01:31 PM
wishing injury on a team is the basest, most childish thing a person can do. congratulations

FreshPrince22
12-21-2005, 02:08 PM
this team is overdue for an injury

We have plenty of them. Our guys just don't whine to the press and sit out a bunch of games because of them like most players do. At least 2 of our starters are pretty badly banged up right now. They just don't make excuses for themselves by blaming stuff on injuries.
________
Live Sex (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

DarkReign
12-21-2005, 05:48 PM
We have plenty of them. Our guys just don't whine to the press and sit out a bunch of games because of them like most players do. At least 2 of our starters are pretty badly banged up right now. They just don't make excuses for themselves by blaming stuff on injuries.

QFT

Anyone with B.Wallace's injury wouldnt play.

Hassdabballman
12-23-2005, 04:27 PM
i cant wair for the game on sunday, I hope manu plays.

ABDENOUR POWER
12-23-2005, 04:41 PM
Me too.

loveforthegame
12-23-2005, 05:36 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ArL3zdz4fm9.9BhusFvcROa8vLYF?slug=ap-pistons-policeshooting-wallac&prov=ap&type=lgns

Cousin of Detroit's Rasheed Wallace killed in gunfight with police

December 23, 2005

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- A cousin of Detroit Pistons forward Rasheed Wallace was killed and a police officer was wounded in a shootout authorities said occurred after an undercover drug buy.

Tyree Wallace, 22, was pronounced dead at Albert Einstein Medical Center. Sgt. Mike Mitchell, 41, was in stable condition Friday with a groin wound.

Pistons spokesman Matt Dobek confirmed that Tyree Wallace was Rasheed Wallace's first cousin. Dobek said it was unclear whether Wallace would play in Friday night's home game against the Golden State Warriors, but said he did not participate in the team's shootaround Friday morning.

On Thursday night, Mitchell was in an unmarked police car when an undercover officer bought drugs from Tyree Wallace before identifying himself, Police Commissioner Sylvester Johnson said.

Mitchell then saw Wallace pull a gun. The officer jumped out of his vehicle and ran toward Wallace, Johnson said.

"(Wallace) was fired on in response to him drawing a gun on police," Capt. Benjamin Naish said at a news conference Friday. It wasn't immediately known who fired the fatal shots. Several other officers were at the scene.

Tyree Wallace was enrolled as a student at suburban Arcadia University, where he had been on the basketball team but was not on the roster this year, university spokeswoman Lori Bauer said Friday.

Mayor John Street said he visited Mitchell in the hospital and the officer was smiling and talking.

"It looks like he will be able to return to active duty," Street said.

Hassdabballman
12-24-2005, 12:31 AM
thats pretty sad, your cousin is makin over 10 mil a year on the best team in the nba and you start a gun fight with the po po, thats sad.

Carrera_4S
12-24-2005, 03:34 AM
I hope Manu plays too so the spurts, ooops, I meant Spurs, won't have any excuses.

George Gervin's Afro
12-24-2005, 10:32 AM
I hope Manu plays too so the spurts, ooops, I meant Spurs, won't have any excuses.

uh the only excuses we have heard are from pissed-on fans who cannot accept the fact that the better team won last year...

bdubya
12-24-2005, 10:35 AM
this team is overdue for an injury

Lindsey Hunter.

Now STFUAD, moron.

George Gervin's Afro
12-24-2005, 10:41 AM
Lindsey Hunter.

Now STFUAD, moron.

look piston fans injuries happen. they are part of the game. you choosing to play your starters alot of minutes inceases the odds of one of them getting hurt. the poster who mentioned they were due probably did not explain himself very well. the spurs are deep enough to rest guys throughout the season and can afford, for at least short term, an injury or two in the starting lineup and not miss a beat. oh by the way i am tired of hearing this crap ' i hope manu plys so there are no excuses' what happens if the spurs win without manu? what then? are you going to admit the pistons can not beat a healthy spurs team? no you would not so stop with bull about manu's injury because we can beat you with or without him.. i respect the heck out of the pistons but some of you posters do not reflect the class of that organization..

ducks
12-24-2005, 10:43 AM
I hope people do not act like trolls and bring good takes from fans from all teams

ABDENOUR POWER
12-24-2005, 10:44 AM
Yeah, our defense should really kick it up a notch once Lindsay's back. He's vital to stopping quick guards' (DWade, Manu, etc) dribble penetraton.

ducks
12-24-2005, 10:45 AM
flip's team play great d
LOL

bdubya
12-24-2005, 11:01 AM
look piston fans injuries happen. they are part of the game. you choosing to play your starters alot of minutes inceases the odds of one of them getting hurt. the poster who mentioned they were due probably did not explain himself very well. the spurs are deep enough to rest guys throughout the season and can afford, for at least short term, an injury or two in the starting lineup and not miss a beat. oh by the way i am tired of hearing this crap ' i hope manu plys so there are no excuses' what happens if the spurs win without manu? what then? are you going to admit the pistons can not beat a healthy spurs team? no you would not so stop with bull about manu's injury because we can beat you with or without him.. i respect the heck out of the pistons but some of you posters do not reflect the class of that organization..

I know injuries happen - I hear about them all the time from other teams. Pistons actually have them as well, but they've been fortunate enough that the starters haven't had to miss any games (although they HAVE played hurt). Yes, losing Manu is big, bigger than us losing our 7th man from last year, but the Spurs are still quite capable of winning this one.

As for class, I guess I have to look back a few posts to see your example of "class" for us "pissed-on" fans. I understand you were responding to the "spurts" crack, but still, you got no lessons to give anybody.

JamStone
12-24-2005, 11:03 AM

You talk like there aren't any Spurs fans that talk classless smack to Pistons fans. There's plenty of it on this messageboard, not just a inference to hope for injury on one of the Detroit Pistons. Get off the soapbox and realize there's going to be a little smack talk from each side. it's not that big of a deal.

And, by the way, I wrote in another thread that I hope Manu doesn't play because I think his healthy is more important than the Christmas game. I also said that the Spurs were good enough to beat the Pistons without Manu. So, calm down trying to portray "Pistons fans" as "classless" smack talkers. Sure, some of us are. Heck, every team, INCLUDING THE SPURS, have classless smack talkers. Haven't people who post in messageboards realized that yet?? There are no "holier-than-thou" sports fans. It's a myth. And, one smack talking fan doesn't represent the entire fan population of a team, just like one fan who throws a beer and incites a riot doesn't represent all fans.

Here's something else I wrote in another Detroit Pistons thread in the NBA forum:

"If the Pistons lose to the Spurs on Christmas, how will that be a "rude awakening" to the Pistons? The Pistons already know the Spurs are good. They know they are the defending champions. All it takes is for Spurs to play one of their better games and/or the Pistons not to shoot well, and sure the Spurs can beat the Pistons. That won't be some shocking, "rude awakening." You sound like a Heat or Cavs fan trying to talk smack. Pistons respect the Spurs. And, most Pistons fans respect the Spurs too. It will be in no way a "rude awakening" for the Pistons to lose to the Spurs. The Spurs could even blow-out the Pistons, and it won't be a rude awakening. Pistons showed how they can rebound from blowouts against the Spurs, as evidenced by games 3 and 4 of the Finals last year. Whatever happens Christmas Day, there will be no rude awakening. But, I do expect the Pistons to beat the Spurs Sunday, and rather handily as well. But, if not, I won't be surprised whatever the outcome."

mikejones99
12-24-2005, 02:53 PM
One fan that threw a beer? lol I think you need to see the replay. Try 200 fans throwing shit. Go Spurs Go

Marklar MM
12-24-2005, 03:21 PM
One fan that threw a beer? lol I think you need to see the replay. Try 200 fans throwing shit. Go Spurs Go

JamStone
12-24-2005, 04:23 PM
One thrown beer incited the riot. Were there dozens, maybe even hundreds, more fans that threw stuff? Yes. Even if I agree that there were 1,000 fans that threw things at the Palace a year ago. If there are only 1,000,000 (million) Detroit fans--which would be a very low estimate--1,000 is still only 0.1% of Detroit Pistons fans.

0.1% of Detroit Pistons fans doesn't represent the other 99.9% of the other Detroit Pistons fans.

missyy0867
12-24-2005, 04:25 PM
woah this is a really long thread

bigbendbruisebrother
12-24-2005, 04:27 PM
One thrown beer incited the riot. Were there dozens, maybe even hundreds, more fans that threw stuff? Yes. Even if I agree that there were 1,000 fans that threw things at the Palace a year ago. If there are only 1,000,000 (million) Detroit fans--which would be a very low estimate--1,000 is still only 0.1% of Detroit Pistons fans.

0.1% of Detroit Pistons fans doesn't represent the other 99.9% of the other Detroit Pistons fans.

Just as ShawnMichaels doesn't represent the other 99.9% of Spurs fans. Please, keep him.

mavsfan1000
12-25-2005, 12:33 AM

I can guarantee there are more than .1% of pistons fans that would throw things. I think it is more like 5% that would do it. Still a low number though. I don't see it being any different in any other city when a player attacks a fan.

5ToolMan
12-26-2005, 11:57 PM
"If the Pistons lose to the Spurs on Christmas, how will that be a "rude awakening" to the Pistons? The Pistons already know the Spurs are good. They know they are the defending champions. All it takes is for Spurs to play one of their better games and/or the Pistons not to shoot well, and sure the Spurs can beat the Pistons. That won't be some shocking, "rude awakening." You sound like a Heat or Cavs fan trying to talk smack. Pistons respect the Spurs. And, most Pistons fans respect the Spurs too. It will be in no way a "rude awakening" for the Pistons to lose to the Spurs. The Spurs could even blow-out the Pistons, and it won't be a rude awakening. Pistons showed how they can rebound from blowouts against the Spurs, as evidenced by games 3 and 4 of the Finals last year. Whatever happens Christmas Day, there will be no rude awakening. But, I do expect the Pistons to beat the Spurs Sunday, and rather handily as well. But, if not, I won't be surprised whatever the outcome."

When you cover all the bases, you can never be wrong. :smokin

Solid D
12-27-2005, 12:00 AM
LOL

scampers
12-27-2005, 12:20 AM

It was the one idiot fan that threw the beer that started the whole thing. When a player flies into the stands swinging, it doesn't matter which city you're in, things are going to get very ugly. I have to say though, I felt horrible for the Pacers when I saw the clip of the fans dumping beer and throwing shit at them in the tunnel. But honestly, what do you expect in such a chaotic situation. People, no matter what city they're from, can be extremely nasty when things get out of hand.

IMO, I blame two people for the brawl. The IDIOT fan who threw the beer and Artest. Yes, Artest was the victim to begin with, but he's still the one who started swinging at people IN THE STANDS. He could of done a dozen other things and the brawl would of never happened.
But that fan... I can think of a few things I'd like to do to him (and I don't think I'm alone here as a Pistons fan when I say that) :hang

spurs=bling
12-27-2005, 12:37 AM
It was the one idiot fan that threw the beer that started the whole thing. When a player flies into the stands swinging, it doesn't matter which city you're in, things are going to get very ugly. I have to say though, I felt horrible for the Pacers when I saw the clip of the fans dumping beer and throwing shit at them in the tunnel. But honestly, what do you expect in such a chaotic situation. People, no matter what city they're from, can be extremely nasty when things get out of hand.

IMO, I blame two people for the brawl. The IDIOT fan who threw the beer and Artest. Yes, Artest was the victim to begin with, but he's still the one who started swinging at people IN THE STANDS. He could of done a dozen other things and the brawl would of never happened.
But that fan... I can think of a few things I'd like to do to him (and I don't think I'm alone here as a Pistons fan when I say that) :hang

what kind of person hurls something at an other person who is atleast a foot taller and stronger than them??

i sure as hell wouldn't throw something at some one much bigger than me, no matter how angry i am at them.

and ron did foul ben but what was the need to shove his hands in his face?

ben and two fans are to blame, ben should have just sucked it up go on with the game. i've seen worse fouls than that.

JamStone
12-27-2005, 12:41 AM
When you cover all the bases, you can never be wrong. :smokin

I'm generally not in the business of prediction smack talk, then hiding from the boards for a while when I'm wrong. The post you quoted was in response to Rummpd's claim that the Pistons were in for a "rude awakening." If you understand that, you realize my point is that the Detroit Pistons know very well that the Spurs are a great team and are capable of beating them. There was no possibility for a "rude awakening," in my opinion. It wasn't about me predicting what will happen as much as it was responding to his comment.

So, now that you have the context to go along with your patronizing post, you can take my comments for what they're worth ... just one man's opinion.

As for "never being wrong" by covering all my bases ... again, I'm not going around claiming the "Pistons are definitely the better team" or "Pistons will win if they're healthy." I'll say that I expect the Pistons to play well or that they have a good chance to win. But, to go around and adamantly boasting that my team will crush the other or that there will be some kind of rude awakening is just not something I'm interested in posting. I just try to enjoy the games and congratulate whichever team wins. I'm not a soothsayer or a prophet. I'm just a Pistons fan who appreciates good basketball. The Spurs are a great team, and if they beat the Pistons, all the praise and accolades should go to them ... not the fans who predict they would win. When I cover all my bases, I may never wrong, but I'm also never right, so I can't gloat like some fans do. Just a fan. I'll argue facts. I'll leave the predicting smack talk to the rest of you ...

No matter if Manu playes or not, I expect a tough game on the Pistons' home floor. AND I expect the challange of playing the Pistons and shortened rotation to keep the Spurs focused and again demonstrating who is the best team in the league. Spurs 103 - Pistons 92.

scampers
12-27-2005, 12:42 AM
Well, Ben was a bit hot-headed, but a little player on player action is something you see now and then. It's completely normal for a sports game.
Players attacking fans... not so normal.

spurs=bling
12-27-2005, 12:46 AM
Well, Ben was a bit hot-headed, but a little player on player action is something you see now and then. It's completely normal for a sports game.
Players attacking fans... not so normal.

http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/nba/2004/1122/photo/g_rickc_ft.jpg no comment

coaches were calming him down, but nooo mr.i'm a pistons fan, i'll go ahead and throw a beer at him nothing is gonna happen. done topped it off

JamStone
12-27-2005, 12:46 AM
Please no more "Palace brawl" discussion ... it's been over a year now.

spurs=bling
12-27-2005, 12:56 AM
Please no more "Palace brawl" discussion ... it's been over a year now.

had it been in the SBC would you have let us live it down?

i understand there was a foul called but ben should have shaken it off and kept on going with the game

JamStone
12-27-2005, 01:04 AM

i understand there was a foul called but ben should have shaken it off and kept on going with the game

A Spurs fan threw a rock at the Detroit Pistons bus after game 7, breaking a window, which could have injured any number of players. How often do you hear that brought up?

Yes, the Palace brawl was an embarrassing incident. Get over it already. Should fans of other teams make fun of the "Alamo?" It's history. It's over with. It's done. Get over it.

spurs=bling
12-27-2005, 01:06 AM
A Spurs fan threw a rock at the Detroit Pistons bus after game 7, breaking a window, which could have injured any number of players. How often do you hear that brought up?

true it happened, but it wasn't televised

spurs=bling
12-27-2005, 01:07 AM
woah this is a really long thread

nope, not really

scampers
12-27-2005, 01:21 AM

I can't pin this on Ben, because hot headed player on player squabbles happen ALL the time. We almost had a nice one at the end of the last Lakers @ Heat game, actually. YES, Ben should of shrugged it off. Maybe the brawl wouldn't of happened then. But then again, it wouldn't of happened if Ron hadn't fouled him, if Ben hadn't gone for the basket, or if the whole damn game didn't even happen in the first place. If you want to pin the blame on someone, pin it on the fan. But everyone who got their suspensions after that game deserved them. A lot of innocent fans got hurt, some of them by the players themselves. (like that poor guy that Ron clobbered to start off... if I remember correctly he wasn't the guy who threw the cup)

We're never going to be able to live this down. But everyone has to realize that this can happen anywhere... all you need is a stupid fan and something to set him off. That was really all my original point was.

Putting all that aside, I really enjoy games at the Palace. They're a lot of fun. Mason does a great job of getting the crowd fired up, though I really have to admit I don't like some of the things he does with the player's names (B-B-B-Billups and whatever it is going on with McDyess' name). Also, has anyone noticed that our dancers have a problem with dancing in synch? Kind of funny to watch sometimes.

JamStone
12-27-2005, 01:21 AM
true it happened, but it wasn't televised

So, if the brawl happened after the game had already ended and the telecast was done (and thereby not being televised), you wouldn't talk about it?

Yeah right ... nice logic.