PDA

View Full Version : The NAACP is a joke

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-10-2005, 12:31 PM
The founder of the Crypts is scheduled to be executed out in California.

The NAACP is calling for his sentence to be commuted to life in prison.

The fact that they would defend such a POS shows all you ever need to know about that organization :td

Sorry, no link, it was just on CNN.

Obstructed_View
12-10-2005, 01:18 PM
Yep. The guy is responsible for thousands of deaths of black Americans, and the organization that's supposed to represent those people is trying to save him. It makes me sick. They'll call for riots when his final appeal is denied.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-10-2005, 01:22 PM
They'll call for riots when his final appeal is denied.

They already are. :td

xrayzebra
12-10-2005, 02:14 PM

Are you really surprised they are calling for riots? If they don't get their
way, raise hell, destroy and kill a few folks. That will show people.

hussker
12-10-2005, 04:39 PM
Are you really surprised they are calling for riots? If they don't get their
way, raise hell, destroy and kill a few folks. That will show people.

Yeah, they call for riots so they can call for calm and peace to stop te riots...undermining the black man again. MLK, Jr is probably rolling in his grave again.

mookie2001
12-10-2005, 04:47 PM
a few things

I am against the dealth penalty
and naturally there are horrible things that gangs do
but its not illegal to be in a gang like this should be a factor whether he's a CEO or represents his block
there are other Tookie Williams threads

I thought it was the "Crips"?
and anyway you have to be born a Crip, you cant just become one

Vashner
12-10-2005, 05:15 PM
What they should do with Tookie..

Is put him at the counter of a corner store.. then let him get robbed.. and shot and have some gang members laugh while his blood "gurgles"..

It's good that he wrote some stuff for anti gang.. Good then he should say a prayer and kiss his ass goodbye...

If you rob a store or anyone anywhere and shoot someone and they die.. You should die.. We need to crack DOWN on this kind of crap now feed them 3 warm meals a day...

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-10-2005, 06:20 PM
Actually the spelling thing was intentional, fucker should be 6 feet under along with the rest of his kind.

Look, he killed FOUR people, and led a movement that killed many more. Fry his ass.

Mr. Peabody
12-10-2005, 07:10 PM

The fact that they would defend such a POS shows all you ever need to know about that organization :td

The NAACP is against the death penalty for any criminal, so it's not just Tookie. They have actually called for a national moratorium.

You might as well say that anyone who is anti-death penalty is "defending" Tookie.

Also, I didn't see where the NAACP was saying that his actions were justifiable and that he should be released. They are asking that he spend the rest of his life in prison. How is that "defending" him?

Once again, straw men all over the forum.....

Here is a statement from the NAACP CEO --

The NAACP, as a matter of policy, has long opposed the death penalty. The mere fact that African Americans comprise only 6.7 percent of California's population but 36 percent of the 648 people on Death Row confirms that there are defects embedded in the criminal-justice system. In California and across the country, the death penalty appears to be influenced by where a crime is committed, the race of the victim and offender and the quality of legal defense. The NAACP seeks fairness and equality in how people of color are treated. While we oppose the death penalty, we also empathize with the victims of crime and their families. We are not saying that the guilty should not be punished. We are saying that that punishment should be carried out in an evenhanded way.

Mr. Ash
12-10-2005, 07:23 PM
Really? Do you have a link to real source stating that the NAACP is calling for riots? Or are you refering to some other organization?

Mr. Ash
12-10-2005, 07:29 PM
... put him at the counter of a corner store.. then let him get robbed.. and shot and have some gang members laugh while his blood "gurgles"..
While very biblical and all, I think a hypo full of Potassium Chloride will suffice. That, and to have done it 20 years ago. I'm just a little baffled as to how any legal process can stretch out that long.

hussker
12-10-2005, 07:33 PM
KCl...It isn't just for breakfast anymore!

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-10-2005, 07:39 PM
We are saying that that punishment should be carried out in an evenhanded way.

Cool. He killed four people. The fair thing is to kill him four times over. Amen.

Pieces of shit like him who rob people of their lives deserve to have theirs taken away. If you take someone's life, you should do it knowing that yours will be taken in kind as a penalty.

It's an insult to everyone in California that the NAACP wants this guy to spend the rest of his life weaning off the tit of the public. Were the four people he murdered afforded the same opportunity?

Sorry, eye for an eye. You kill someone, you deserve to be killed.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-11-2005, 04:02 PM
Who says anything about Christianity?

You deprive someone the right to live, you should be deprived that right as well.

Oh, Gee!!
12-12-2005, 01:09 PM

Does this include our soldiers that have killed countless Iraqis (as well as other nationalities)?

Does it include cops who kill people? Air Marshals?

Or, by "people" do you mean blacks?

SA210
12-12-2005, 01:24 PM
^^^ right now is usually the time to not answer your question and to say that your comments are against the troops.

Mr. Peabody
12-12-2005, 02:21 PM
Does this include our soldiers that have killed countless Iraqis (as well as other nationalities)?

Does it include cops who kill people? Air Marshals?

Or, by "people" do you mean blacks?

Typical dimm-o-crap. How dare you put our soldiers and police officers in the same class as a 4x murderer. Why don't you move to France.

mookie2001
12-12-2005, 02:25 PM
yeah seriously there is some land in canada lefty

Oh, Gee!!
12-12-2005, 02:28 PM
yeah seriously there is some land in canada lefty

don't tell bush, he'll put oil rigs there

SA210
12-12-2005, 02:28 PM
How dare u say that Oh Gee!!! It's Christmas.

Mr. Peabody
12-12-2005, 02:31 PM
don't tell bush, he'll put oil rigs there

Don't you mean he'll "spread freedom" there?

SA210
12-12-2005, 02:37 PM
"We don't need to listen to nature, nature needs to listen to us."

Oh, Gee!!
12-12-2005, 02:47 PM
Don't you mean he'll "spread freedom" there?

He'll free the Canadians from the evil, genius PM Martin

SA210
12-12-2005, 02:49 PM
"We need to spread freedom over there, so freedom doesn't have to spread over here"

Oh, Gee!!
12-12-2005, 02:51 PM
We need to build a big ol' fence at the Canadian border

SA210
12-12-2005, 02:57 PM
I hear them Canadians use the internets

Oh, Gee!!
12-12-2005, 03:05 PM
I hear they have iron ore, nickel, zinc, copper, gold, lead, molybdenum, potash, diamonds, silver, fish, timber, wildlife, coal, petroleum, natural gas, and hydropower in Canada. They could make bombs with that! Better take a little preemptive action.

101A
12-12-2005, 03:32 PM
"eye for an eye"

Old testament.

Calling him a Jew might be more accurate.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-12-2005, 03:38 PM

They are not out of line for calling for life in prison.
They would be out of line if they called for violence in response to an unfavorable outcome. But there's no way they would do this because even the dumbest of their leaders would realize it would undermine their entire organization's legitimacy.

Anyone can see it's bull shit if he gets released. He deserves to rot in prison. But asking him not to be executed is a legitimate request..

101A
12-12-2005, 03:44 PM
Anyone can see it's bull shit if he gets released. He deserves to rot in prison. But asking him not to be executed is a legitimate request..

Well said.

xrayzebra
12-12-2005, 04:36 PM
NAACP is a profit making enterprise. They deal in race. Without all the crap that
they and Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton put out, none of them would have a job.

Mr. Peabody
12-12-2005, 04:38 PM
NAACP is a profit making enterprise. They deal in race. Without all the crap that
they and Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton put out, none of them would have a job.

Right. The NAACP has never affected any positive change in this country. :rolleyes

MaNuMaNiAc
12-12-2005, 04:38 PM

I'm against the state killing him, what does that make me Aggie?

xrayzebra
12-12-2005, 04:44 PM
Right. The NAACP has never affected any positive change in this country. :rolleyes

No they haven't. National Association for the Advancement of Colored
People. What they have done is divide the people. Their slogan should
be: You are with us or against us. Advancement. Man, they have been
against any person of color who has advanced, except their leadership.
When is the last time they have held up Condi or Thomsas as examples
of people of color, hate that term, as what they should shoot for. Get
real.

Mr. Peabody
12-12-2005, 04:55 PM
be: You are with us or against us.

You're absolutely correct. All that whole Brown v. Board of Education case did was divide this formerly great nation.

The NAACP's work only made it possible for Rice and Thomas to attend the schools that they did.

MaNuMaNiAc
12-12-2005, 04:57 PM
You're absolutely correct. All that whole Brown v. Board of Education case did was divide this formerly great nation.

The NAACP's work only made it possible for Rice and Thomas to attend the schools that they did.
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

xrayzebra
12-12-2005, 05:01 PM

Would it surprise you to know some schools were not segregated in Texas
before that decision. And why, might I ask, do you bring up something
that happened in 1950's to illustrated what is occurring today?

SA210
12-12-2005, 05:07 PM
^^^ Why do you bring up Clinton when discussing Bush?

xrayzebra
12-12-2005, 05:09 PM
^^^ Why do you bring up Clinton when discussing Bush?

Huh! Who brought up what. We were discussing Bush? :blah :lol

SA210
12-12-2005, 05:17 PM
Nah, we weren't discussing the "liar" at that moment, but it was an example.

Mr. Peabody
12-12-2005, 05:22 PM
Would it surprise you to know some schools were not segregated in Texas
before that decision. And why, might I ask, do you bring up something
that happened in 1950's to illustrated what is occurring today?

Would it surprise you to know that the University of Texas School of Law did not want to admit any Black students, so they came up with the idea of starting a law school just for Blacks. Here in Texas? Never.

I bring up the work that the NAACP has done in response to your idiotic post about them doing nothing but crap and dividing the country.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-12-2005, 05:29 PM
be: You are with us or against us. Advancement. Man, they have been
against any person of color who has advanced, except their leadership.
When is the last time they have held up Condi or Thomsas as examples
of people of color, hate that term, as what they should shoot for. Get
real.

Rolling ofl

let me guess
you're NOT black????

Extra Stout
12-12-2005, 05:33 PM
Cool. He killed four people. The fair thing is to kill him four times over. Amen.

Pieces of shit like him who rob people of their lives deserve to have theirs taken away. If you take someone's life, you should do it knowing that yours will be taken in kind as a penalty.

It's an insult to everyone in California that the NAACP wants this guy to spend the rest of his life weaning off the tit of the public. Were the four people he murdered afforded the same opportunity?

I get the whole retribution thing, but you might want to double-check that point about "tit of the public." I believe capital punishment is more expensive than a life sentence. For some, it's worth the extra expense.

gtownspur
12-12-2005, 06:29 PM
^ i seriously wonder if that's true. That seems like one of those cop outs like "TOrture never works." WHere in hell do they sell platinum plated lethal injection needles.

gtownspur
12-12-2005, 06:31 PM
Rolling ofl

let me guess
you're NOT black????

Does it matter?

Crap is crap whether you're black or white.

JoeChalupa
12-12-2005, 06:34 PM
The NAACP has done some great things but as with all organizations....they are not perfect.

gtownspur
12-12-2005, 06:37 PM
Yes they have, that was in the past.

Now, i'm not so sure.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-12-2005, 09:47 PM
Yes they have, that was in the past.

Now, i'm not so sure.

classic case of you siding with conservatives simply for the sake of being conservative
At least you didn't waste energy trying to explain such stupid statements.

That's as weak of an argument as 'eye for an eye'

The fact of the matter is sometimes its not good to stoop to the level of the bad guy. Reprisals and 'getting even' have a bad habit of only making a situation worse. There is a prison problem, no doubt. But it is still cheaper to keep a guy locked up than to inject him with poison.

In fact, any dumbass can understand the fact that Death is actually an easy way out; life in prison is without a doubt the worst punishment you can ever inflict upon someone.

Guru of Nothing
12-12-2005, 11:18 PM
In fact, any dumbass can understand the fact that Death is actually an easy way out; life in prison is without a doubt the worst punishment you can ever inflict upon someone.

Tookie begs to differ - and he's pissed you called him a dumbass.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-13-2005, 12:03 AM
Tookie is also a former murderer who forfeited his freedoms by murdering others.

Dude, prison is like a 24/7 jungle where you can get fucked, fucked up, or really fucked up any second of the day by any person near you.
The people in here blindly claiming "eye for an eye" are doing so, in my opinion, because they want justice to be served. They also think that death is the greatest punishment.

But that's ridiculous, because how can one feel the punishment of a death? Take off your religious sunglasses for just one second.
If you really want Tookie to pay for his crimes, keep him in prison.

But, oh well, he's already about to die. Kinda pointless.

Guru of Nothing
12-13-2005, 12:23 AM
Tookie is also a former murderer who forfeited his freedoms by murdering others.

Dude, prison is like a 24/7 jungle where you can get fucked, fucked up, or really fucked up any second of the day by any person near you.
The people in here blindly claiming "eye for an eye" are doing so, in my opinion, because they want justice to be served. They also think that death is the greatest punishment.

But that's ridiculous, because how can one feel the punishment of a death? Take off your religious sunglasses for just one second.
If you really want Tookie to pay for his crimes, keep him in prison.

But, oh well, he's already about to die. Kinda pointless.

Did you just accuse me of wearing "religious sunglasses?" If so, you make very large assumptions.

Ordinarily, I am against the death penalty, simply because of its high cost to taxpayers, but since we made it this far ... what the hell, lets toss the "religious" people a bone.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-13-2005, 01:05 AM
Did you just accuse me of wearing "religious sunglasses?" If so, you make very large assumptions.
Ordinarily, I am against the death penalty, simply because of its high cost to taxpayers, but since we made it this far ... what the hell, lets toss the "religious" people a bone.

no way man, i meant other posters in this thread, who i originally was addressing before you mentioned Tookie

my bad

gtownspur
12-13-2005, 04:33 AM
classic case of you siding with conservatives simply for the sake of being conservative
At least you didn't waste energy trying to explain such stupid statements.

That's as weak of an argument as 'eye for an eye'

The fact of the matter is sometimes its not good to stoop to the level of the bad guy. Reprisals and 'getting even' have a bad habit of only making a situation worse. There is a prison problem, no doubt. But it is still cheaper to keep a guy locked up than to inject him with poison.

I don't have to prove how good the Naacp has been. THey've helped black people alot. But like any other man made institution, they all lose their objective in one way or another from time to time. ANd that's what i meant by my "not so sure" statement.

You don't have to be conservative to dislike the Naacp. Many Libertarians, don't like the Naacp because it has become a front for the Nanny state type of policies. There are some liberals who are passive and indifferent about the NAACP for their own personal reasons. And then you have the public. The public now sees the NAACP as an apologist for the lower class african american communities ills. They do not see them as an effective tool for equality like before. The vast majority of the public including some Liberals oppose a qouta system for affirmative action, but the NAACP won't compromise on that issue. There are social conservative blacks who happen to be traditionally democrat and fiscal liberals who are turned of by the NAACP's and SCL's very liberal policies on abortion and gay rights.

I don't know if you're black or not. But one needs to stop putting the NAACP on a high pedestal. They are not faultless.

I don't agree with the NAACP's partisan nature. The organization does not accurately reflect the Black voter demographic. The black voter demographic is aligned with pro life issues, and school vouchers even though they are liberal in other areas.

Has the NAACP been effective and nonpartisan like it was in the sixties when it cooperated with Republicans and Democrats. NO.

Is the NAACP infallible and the word of the Almigthy.<sarcasm>..NO!

And about the death penalty. Nothing that short of Torture would atone for the deaths of Tookie's victums. Life in prison is a joke. Tried being hacked to death and die a horrible death, there is no comparison, and it's ludicrous to suggest that justice is served by a life sentence.

Extra Stout
12-13-2005, 09:53 AM
^ i seriously wonder if that's true. That seems like one of those cop outs like "TOrture never works." WHere in hell do they sell platinum plated lethal injection needles.
1) They don't kill them immediately. As we see here, it takes decades to work through the death row process.

2) Our system has a lot of legal safeguards. There is a lengthy appeals process that chews up a lot of money, even though some of the legal representation for the inmate is pro bono.

That is what costs money. We could make it a good deal less expensive by just taking them outside and shooting them in the back of the head immediately following the guilty verdict, like some countries do. The trade-off would be that more innocent people would be executed. It's always about tradeoffs.

Anyway, back to the cost thing, some folks are willing to pay a little more in taxes in exchange for the satisfaction of having people like Tookie Williams executed.

MannyIsGod
12-13-2005, 09:56 AM
Rolling ofl

let me guess
you're NOT black????
:lmao x a billion.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-13-2005, 11:22 AM
But one needs to stop putting the NAACP on a high pedestal. They are not faultless.

But noone said that. All I'm saying is that its wrong to claim that because it's not a perfect organization that it is a bad organization.

What perfect organizations are there out there? Besides conservationism

JoeChalupa
12-13-2005, 12:10 PM
You can find negatives in any organization.
But the positives need to be considered as well.

gtownspur
12-14-2005, 01:10 AM
But noone said that. All I'm saying is that its wrong to claim that because it's not a perfect organization that it is a bad organization.

What perfect organizations are there out there? Besides conservationism

First of all conservationism is a different animal. That's the Sierra Club and all the "Save the National Forest" type. Conservatism is what you're probably intending. And no there is not a perfect conservative organization. But i will list you one. The Cato Institute, for their scholarly work on fiscal conservative economic policies.

Ok, let me ask you then, what has the NAACP done for blacks lately? I want specifics.

And another question would be as to what have they accomplished recently?

The NAACP has had it's glory days. Attacking the NAACP today is not attacking black people, you seem to take it that way. You need to distinguish the two and be more objective.

gtownspur
12-14-2005, 01:12 AM
First of all conservationism is a different animal. That's the Sierra Club and all the "Save the National Forest" type. Conservatism is what you're probably intending. And no there is not a perfect conservative organization. But i will list you one exceptional organization. The Cato Institute, for their scholarly work on fiscal conservative economic policies, and defense of supply side economics.

Ok, let me ask you then, what has the NAACP done for blacks lately? I want specifics.

The NAACP has had it's glory days. Attacking the NAACP today is not attacking black people, you seem to take it that way. You need to distinguish the two and be more objective.

Mr. Peabody
12-14-2005, 10:26 AM
First of all conservationism is a different animal. That's the Sierra Club and all the "Save the National Forest" type. Conservatism is what you're probably intending. And no there is not a perfect conservative organization. But i will list you one. The Cato Institute, for their scholarly work on fiscal conservative economic policies.

Damn Gtown, that was a well-thought out logical and coherent argument.

What happened to the Gtown we used to know, the one who would reply with some insult involving homosexuality? I miss those days. :depressed

SA210
12-14-2005, 10:51 AM
Damn Gtown, that was a well-thought out logical and coherent argument.

What happened to the Gtown we used to know, the one who would reply with some insult involving homosexuality? I miss those days. :depressed

I think he only likes Me that way. But be cautious.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-14-2005, 12:27 PM

It should not be for us to prove how the NAACP has done good but rather how it is "a joke" which is the topic of the thread and still has not been proved.

Useruser666
12-14-2005, 01:45 PM
I don't find fault in what the NAACP is doing. They push the bounds of people's rights for the people in the same way that the judicial system pushes the bounds for limiting those freedoms. I support the death penalty in this case, as to me it seems a suitable punishment for the crime committed. I am weary of allowing his sentence to be commuted to life for two reasons. Who decides that a person deserves to get a lesser sentence? What does this mean for those already serving sentences?

Oh, Gee!!
12-14-2005, 05:26 PM
McNabb answers critical column from NAACP leader

link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2258970

Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb has expressed surprise and disappointment after hearing of racially-charged criticism made by Philadelphia NAACP president J. Whyatt Mondesire in a Nov. 27 column in the Philadelphia Sun.

Mondesire, the Sun's publisher and editor, wrote that McNabb is a "mediocre talent" who tries to disguise his ineffectiveness behind "some concocted reasoning" that African-American quarterbacks who scramble are somehow lesser "field generals."

McNabb, who endured Rush Limbaugh's comments just a few years earlier, was baffled by Mondesire remarks.

"Especially being the same color I am," McNabb told the Philadelphia Inquirer. "Obviously if it's someone else who is not African-American, it's racism. But when someone of the same race talks about you because you're selling out because you're not running the ball, it goes back to what are we really talking about here?

"If you talk about my play, that's one thing. When you talk about my race, now we've got problems. If you're trying to make a name off my name, again, I hope your closet is clean because something is going to come out about you ... I always thought the NAACP supported African-Americans and didn't talk bad about them. Now you learn a little bit more."

Mondesire also claimed that McNabb's "failure as a team leader off the field" led to the Terrell Owens situation. If McNabb "had the courage to offer only a tiny fraction" of his bonus to Owens and running back Brian Westbrook, Mondesire wrote, the "media circus" could have been avoided.

"When you go deep into that, or say I didn't stick up for someone, or why didn't I give a little bit of my money to someone else who is making money, you try to find an answer for that," McNabb told the Phialdelphia Daily News. "There's no answer that I've found."

McNabb plans to move on from Mondesire's column, but for the first time in his Eagles' tenure, McNabb has to answer questions about locker room leadership.

"This season was a tough season from the beginning," McNabb told the Inquirer. "People may blame it on just one particular person, but ... it's something that kind of spread in the locker room.

"There's never been a question of me losing the locker room until this year. If I've lost the locker room, then the question goes up why. Is it because now people are starting to look at me sideways for what I've been doing, or what I make, or whatever he had a problem with? That's the question I'm trying to get answered: If I've lost the locker room or not? No answer has come my way.

"But I do know the main reason we're not a good team is because we don't play as a team. Everybody has to realize that in order for us to get back to the Super Bowl and win it, we all have to play well together. You never heard anything like this coming from the Indianapolis Colts. You never heard anything like this coming from the New England Patriots. Baltimore, when they won the Super Bowl, they never had anything like this."

Cant_Be_Faded
12-14-2005, 05:35 PM
I don't find fault in what the NAACP is doing. They push the bounds of people's rights for the people in the same way that the judicial system pushes the bounds for limiting those freedoms. I support the death penalty in this case, as to me it seems a suitable punishment for the crime committed. I am weary of allowing his sentence to be commuted to life for two reasons. Who decides that a person deserves to get a lesser sentence? What does this mean for those already serving sentences?

You are on the right side of things, but something I will never understand is why people think death is a greater penalty than life in prison. It provides the prisoner with an easy escape from the hell he already is confined to. I just don't get it. This is what I was talking about earlier. Alot of people who are pro-death penalty think it's the greatest punishment. It isn't.
A man cannot suffer when he is dead.
He cannot feel pain when he is dead.
He cannot be punished when he is dead.

JoeChalupa
12-14-2005, 07:13 PM
The NAACP still does good work.

Hell, I've been asking for specifics from the Bush administation and have gotten squat!

Being married to a beautiful African-American wife I'm proud of my children's heritage.