PDA

View Full Version : Is it scary?

Dre_7
12-10-2005, 04:27 PM
Is it scary that the Spurs are 16-3 but still arent playing up to their ability?

Detroit started very hot this year, but they were playing GREAT. Spurs started hot as well, but they havent been playing great.

I cant wait to see what this team can do when they start to play up to their ability. Wow!

Obstructed_View
12-10-2005, 04:34 PM
They played a little defense against Miami. It'll be impressive watching them do that for a full game, which they haven't done yet. If they improve like they usually do as the season progresses, losses should be few and far between.

boutons
12-10-2005, 04:57 PM
'69 wins"

I wish at some point, later in the season when a huge number of wins might become within reach, that Pop set that as a formal Spurs goal, as meaningless, rewardless as it is.

Slomo
12-10-2005, 05:03 PM
No way that Pop does that. He doesn't care about it - he only cares about the championship. I for one agree with him.

boutons
12-10-2005, 05:13 PM
Pop isn't incapable of change.

Going for a dominant number of wins is just another way to discipline the team into playing better on those nights where nothing is clicking, a stimulate them to figure out how to win, no matter what. Sort of an artificial adversity, an exercise, preparation for when the adversity is real.

Samr
12-10-2005, 05:21 PM
69 wins is almost better than 70.

Spurs will be called the 'dirtiest' team in the NBA.

exstatic
12-10-2005, 05:46 PM
'69 wins"

I wish at some point, later in the season when a huge number of wins might become within reach, that Pop set that as a formal Spurs goal, as meaningless, rewardless as it is.

You've answered your own question, or statement, anyways.

Rummpd
12-10-2005, 05:53 PM
The Spurs have not really been tested except for laying an egg in three performances, one of which they made up in the NBA wierd scheduling of playing the Mavs 2x on the road in the first 15 games.

How many other games have been that close? More importantly, this team is resting players, and doing what it has to win. They have also hammered some pretty good teams along the way, Golden State, Miami (albeit without Shaq) and Cleveland are three and whipped up on Denver in the opening night and Denver is still a good team.

Spurs still have a dominant margin of victory average, Duncan is playing as good or better than he has starting off any season, Parker is better, Manu showing signs of becoming Manu is again.

I don't see a darn thing to worry about right now about this team, especially if Rasho continues to bring it on defense.

usckk
12-10-2005, 05:57 PM
Rasho is also getting his shot back. :)

FreshPrince22
12-10-2005, 06:04 PM
Is it scary that the Spurs are 16-3 but still arent playing up to their ability?

Detroit started very hot this year, but they were playing GREAT. Spurs started hot as well, but they havent been playing great.

I wouldn't say the Pistons are playing "great". Compared to their previous starts, yes. But they are still playing 1 quarter of defense a game. When they really start to lock down, well..... The Spurs/Pistons series is going to be one hell of a matchup.
________
VAPORIZER VOLCANO (http://volcanovaporizer.net/)

Bruno
12-10-2005, 06:27 PM
The schedule was quite easy for us since the beggining of the season but the end of the year is quite difficult for us :
Sat 10 @ Atlanta : W
Tue 13 L.A. Clippers : W
Thu 15 @ Minnesota : L
Sat 17 Sacramento : W
Sun 18 @ NO/Okla. City : W
Tue 20 @ Milwaukee : W
Wed 21 @ New York : L
Fri 23 Toronto : W
Sun 25 @ Detroit : L
Tue 27 Indiana : W
Thu 29 NO/Okla. City : W
Sat 31 @ Denver :L

We can easely be 24-7 at the end of the month : it's a 58 win season.

Bruno
12-10-2005, 07:13 PM
cuz of duncan's good buddy rose? :lmao

It's a b2b on the road. Knicks aren't that bad (they have played 13 games on the road and only 6 at home and they are learning LB's sytems). Marbury is a really bad matchup for Parker. Frye can create some matchup troubles with his outside jumpshot.

mikejones99
12-10-2005, 07:39 PM
Rose would have to put up at least 20 n 10 for the knicks to beat the Spurs. In individual games, Vegas has them to win about 66 games. Detroit is favored by 3.5 on Christmas. very interesting game there

Pistons < Spurs
12-10-2005, 07:54 PM
I wouldn't say the Pistons are playing "great". Compared to their previous starts, yes. But they are still playing 1 quarter of defense a game. When they really start to lock down, well..... The Spurs/Pistons series is going to be one hell of a matchup.

Yeah I agree. I don't think you will find a single Pistons fan who has watched all the games say that they were playing anywhere near great. The win total is nice, but we have not really seen 4 quarters of complete basketball out of them.

I beleive soooo many people expected that the Pistons would stumble a bit w/ Flip coming in that the impression iis that we are playing great due to exceding peoples low expectations.

mikejones99
12-10-2005, 07:56 PM
YOu are gonna need alot more from your bench if you want to escape the east.

JamStone
12-10-2005, 08:41 PM
YOu are gonna need alot more from your bench if you want to escape the east.

We had much less of a bench last year and made it to the finals. We have added two capable but not great swingmen, and have one of the better and deeper frontcourts in the league. It won't be easy, but they should be ok.

Nothing is guaranteed. But, the Pistons look fine so far. We'd love to have more from the bench, but this team goes as far as the starters take it.

Brutalis
12-10-2005, 08:44 PM
It's not scary.

It's typical.

San Antonio has this thing, where we show flashes of greatness and win games, and slowly, and I mean slowly, get our pieces together and put on a run.

Detroit on the other hand can easily be one of those teams that look good, (Phoenix last year), but really aren't.

You never now til playoff time.

Marklar MM
12-10-2005, 08:49 PM
the Pistons are playing their best ball right now and have only one less loss then the Spurs

theSPurs are not even close to being in full gear

:rolleyes if you think the Pistons are playing their best.

Obstructed_View
12-10-2005, 08:51 PM
The Spurs need to prove they can win the second game of a back to back on a Saturday. They are currently 0-2 and struggling.

Brutalis
12-10-2005, 08:54 PM
Detroit IS NOT PLAYING THEIR BEST.

Right now a Spurs/Pistons game would be pretty even seeing how ugly both teams are playing.

I think a good reason for Detroit is, Flip is trying to get his system concrete, and Detroit is adjusting. The talent is so good that they can win games at the same time.

No, Detroit is not as good as the Spurs.

But they are damn close and any letup would result in an ass kicking come christmas day.