PDA

View Full Version : libertarian stuff from my blog pages.

MannyIsGod
08-30-2004, 06:10 PM
On almost all major issues the Republicans and Democrats, here after referred to as the "Republicrats," have nearly identical views. For decades, the only things we have gotten from the Republicrats is more of the same: More taxes, bigger government, more bureaucracy, less freedom, more control, more laws and more regulations.1

Do you really want more taxes, more government, less freedom, and more laws? If you don't then you're wasting your vote now when you vote for a Republicrat.

Same Goals for Education

All the Republicrats have the same goal for Education — more control from the federal government. Just look at the so-called "No Child Left Behind Act." President Bush let Senator Teddy "Buy me another drink" Kennedy write the bill. What did we get? More unfunded mandates from Washington, lower educational standards and teachers are forced "teach to the test."

There's no accountability for individual teacher to do well, the teachers union wouldn't let Teddy write that into the bill. There's no provision for removing disruptive students from the classroom so the rest of the students can learn.

We don't need more directives from Washington, we need local control of our schools. Thomas Jefferson once said, "Were we directed from Washington when to sow and when to reap, we should soon want bread." Washington is directing how we should indoctrinate our children, and we're getting illiterate graduates.

Same Goals for Health Care

The Republicrats are pushing to raise the cost of your health insurance again. Of course, that's not the way they see it, but that's what will happen. Politicians want to force health insurers to cover things like chiropractors, acupuncture, naturopathy, abortions, treatments to stop smoking, cosmetic surgery, weight loss, wigs and other hairpieces, Christian Science practitioners, and dozens of other possibilities.2 Some of those things might be well and good, but the government has no business telling insurers they must be included.

It may be hard to believe, but back in the 1950's health insurance cost just a few dollars a month for most people — and it was available to virtually everyone, including people with pre-existing conditions.

The percentage of people covered grew steadily from the 1940s. And by the early 1970s, almost all Americans were covered by some form of insurance. Then the politicians went to work to load up policies with mandatory coverage of all sorts of conditions that may be of no use to you. More and more people decided that insurance had become too expensive and decided to risk being uninsured. By the 1990s coverage had dropped to under 70% of Americans.

What's the solution? Get government out of health care! End Medicare and Medicaid, both programs are hopelessly corrupt. I have a doctor friend who told me all the things he does to milk these programs for every penny he can get. Repeal all laws telling insurance companies what benefits to include in their policies. Make all medical expenses deductible on your income tax return then you can choose the health care system most appropriate for you.

Expanding the federal budget

The house just approved a $2.4 trillion budget blueprint for fiscal year 2005. That's trillion with a capital 'T'

There was a time when Republicans said they wanted to reduce the size of the federal government. Well, they still say that, but they dont' mean it. President Bush has presided over the largest budget increase since 1993 when big-spender Bill Clinton was in office. The only thing that kept Clinton from spending more was a Republican controlled Congress.

Now that the White House and Congress are both controlled by Republicans, they're spending money like drunken sailors on shore leave. Wait, that's not a fair comparison — it insults sailors on shore leave. Congress is spending other peoples' money, drunken sailors can't spend any more money than they have in their pockets.

Don't Waste Your Vote!

If you keep voting the same way you always have, you will keep getting the same results you have always gotten. Doing the same thing over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. We must send a message to the Republicrats that we won't accept business as usual anymore.

Tommy Duncan
08-30-2004, 06:13 PM
Sounds familiar.

Nbadan
08-30-2004, 06:38 PM
Don't Waste Your Vote!

If you keep voting the same way you always have, you will keep getting the same results you have always gotten. Doing the same thing over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. We must send a message to the Republicrats that we won't accept business as usual anymore.

Your falling into the Republican rhetorical trap though Manny. They keep repeating this crap so that a majority of apathetic voters (not surprisingly democrats) will stay home Nov 2nd, then they all sneak off to vote behind your back.

MannyIsGod
08-30-2004, 06:40 PM
Your falling into the Republican rhetorical trap though Manny. They keep repeating this crap so that a majority of apathetic voters (not surprisingly democrats) will stay home Nov 2nd, then they all sneak off to vote behind your back.

hey dan, **** off.

i'm sick of condescending democrats at this point, worry about getting your cantidate to step away from the self destruct button and i'll cast my vote based on what i think is important, not you.

Tommy Duncan
08-30-2004, 06:40 PM
That's funny. Libertarians have traditionally taken away more GOP votes than Demos.

Joe Chalupa
08-30-2004, 06:57 PM
I concur.

Spurminator
08-30-2004, 09:10 PM
I think the message they are trying to send is to vote for a third party or independent candidate... not to abstain from voting.

T Park Num 9
08-31-2004, 12:17 AM
Great stuff manny.

IMO

I feel Bush is the lesser of two evils.

Im not a HUGE bush fan, hes very liberal on health care,
I think hes letting religion geet in the way of stem cell research wich would help millions of people.

If I felt Bush was gonna win by about 20 points, I would vote for a libertarian or constitutional party.

The republicrat is exactly right Manny, great stuff.

thispego
07-19-2009, 09:20 AM
that was when manny wasnt a neolib

Wild Cobra
07-19-2009, 10:17 AM
I think the message they are trying to send is to vote for a third party or independent candidate... not to abstain from voting.
That was the message I heard.

SonOfAGun
07-19-2009, 10:36 AM
lol

Obama was just too much of a slick-speaking mass-lovin' hope-and-change-changin' heart-throb. You had me at helllllloooo.

Supergirl
07-19-2009, 09:51 PM
Some of those things might be well and good, but the government has no business telling insurers they must be included.

The government is not interested in regulating what practices should be covered, but nor should a bunch of businessmen whose agenda is making money, not your health.

What Obama has rightly proposed is that an oversight committee --made up of a wide variety of people, but most importantly including doctors -- needs to be established to regulate what best practices are and what should be covered and not covered, as well as how much insurance companies and hospitals should rightly be able to charge/pay.

Supergirl
07-19-2009, 11:00 PM
LOL, I didn't see the original date on the post. It floated up to the top when you floated it up here, though. Why, precisely, did you drag it out of the archives now?

Spursmania
07-19-2009, 11:19 PM
it only took you five years to respond?

This thread. lol....:lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-19-2009, 11:43 PM
The government is not interested in regulating what practices should be covered, but nor should a bunch of businessmen whose agenda is making money, not your health.

What Obama has rightly proposed is that an oversight committee --made up of a wide variety of people, but most importantly including doctors -- needs to be established to regulate what best practices are and what should be covered and not covered, as well as how much insurance companies and hospitals should rightly be able to charge/pay.

You really think that's what he's proposing? :lol

Spursmania
07-19-2009, 11:56 PM
You really think that's what he's proposing? :lol

Really, it's like people have no idea?:lol

101A
07-20-2009, 12:08 AM
The government is not interested in regulating what practices should be covered,

Yes, I think it is.

but nor should a bunch of businessmen whose agenda is making money, not your health.

Then don't buy from those businessmen, buy from others who DO have coverage for what you want to pay for. OOOOH, and buy from some who always lose, and never make money, that'll probably work out great for you.