PDA

View Full Version : Heisman Trophy Voting

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-10-2005, 11:01 PM
From ESPN...

Bush was named on 99 percent of the returned ballots (884 out of 892) -- the highest percentage in history

I want to know who the eight idiots were who left Reggie Bush off the ballot. They should have their voting privileges taken away.

IceColdBrewski
12-10-2005, 11:12 PM
Yep. Looks like he beat out Ricky Williams.

http://www.stiffarmtrophy.com/2005/12/biggest_trophy_.html

ALVAREZ6
12-10-2005, 11:23 PM
yeah...go check out the vbookie for this.....

cecil collins
12-11-2005, 01:21 AM
From ESPN...

I want to know who the eight idiots were who left Reggie Bush off the ballot. They should have their voting privileges taken away.
Reggie Bush is a great player, but more than that he is a product of unbelievable hype. I could see leaving him off a ballot, and having Young, Leinart,and Michael Bush as the 3. Just because you see him as the best doesn't mean everyone must. All purpose yards can sometimes be overrated.

hussker
12-11-2005, 02:04 AM
Reggie Bush is a great player, but more than that he is a product of unbelievable hype. I could see leaving him off a ballot, and having Young, Leinart,and Michael Bush as the 3. Just because you see him as the best doesn't mean everyone must. All purpose yards can sometimes be overrated.

I disagree. How is he of "unbelievable hype" with the #'s he put up? To have a take, you have to bring it. You, like many others, have failed to do so. I hate to be personal, but, quite frankly, YOU SUCK! OBTW(Oh By the Way) who the F$#K is Michael Bush?

All purpose yards, never overrated when you compare them to the team you play with. Bush kicked everyone's @$$.

Matt Leinart F%$#ED up and cost himself $MI,ILL,ION.ss by not going to the NFL last year. He likely cost VY the Heisman in the process.

VY lost his shot at the Heisman when aTm shut his @$$ down. Everyone was expecting a 500-600 yd output and it was not there.

Suck it up cupcake...The right man won, and we will finally see a Heisman Winner succede in the NFL.

cecil collins
12-11-2005, 02:20 AM
who the F$#K is Michael Bush?

Are you joking? If you don't know, that is a clear example of hype controlling your opinions. You don't know who is good, you know who is on sportscenter for 5 minutes a day.

Matt Leinart F%$#ED up and cost himself $MI,ILL,ION.ss by not going to the NFL last year.
Yeah, I'm sure he'll be hurting when he gets drafted in the top 5.

Suck it up cupcake...The right man won, and we will finally see a Heisman Winner succede in the NFL.
Okay I'm fine with that. I just don't think it should have been such a landslide. Go ahead and ride your hype into thinking Bush will be the MVP in the NFL next year. It won't happen. He will be good eventually. I like to watch the man play as much as the next guy, but I think his impact is sometimes overplayed.

KewlKat00
12-11-2005, 02:26 AM
Are you joking? If you don't know, that is a clear example of hype controlling your opinions. You don't know who is good, you know who is on sportscenter for 5 minutes a day.

michael bush as in the rb for louisville? i think he is, obviously, a pretty good running back, but not even in the top 10 heisman candidates. maybe next year will be louisville's year. i think brohm will be the more spectacular player though. as a sophomore this year he did a great job. it's too bad he can't play in the bowl.

hussker
12-11-2005, 02:27 AM
Like I said...who the F#$K is Michael Bush....

Leinart cost himself HUGE $$ by not going pro already. He will be 6th pick at best, costing him HUGE dinero.

Leinart was the underdog coming in as a previous winner who chose to return...
Young was SCHWACKED by aTm and lost it there. I have no friggin clue who Michael Bush is in the Heisman running. As far as I am concerned, Zac Taylor, (Nebraska QB) had a better chance.

Do not pupu me. I follow this game very colsely and have for years, probably longer than your life years my friend.

There is no excuse outside of Alzheimers, to deprive Bush (Reggie, not the who thef$%# is Michael) of first place votes.

If you would like, we can take up a collection to buy you a TV and TiVO so you can see real football, not some crap you bring up.

hussker
12-11-2005, 02:31 AM
Louisville...sorry...we have a hard time thinking of Louisville as a serious FOOTBALL threat at all...My family all live in Louisville and they only follow Buckets...and they all only follow UK. SO...Michael Bush does not equal Heisman, or even a trip to NYC.

KewlKat00
12-11-2005, 02:41 AM
Louisville...sorry...we have a hard time thinking of Louisville as a serious FOOTBALL threat at all...My family all live in Louisville and they only follow Buckets...and they all only follow UK. SO...Michael Bush does not equal Heisman, or even a trip to NYC.

and to think that one writer gave them a first place vote in the preseason. ha, oops.

AgSnake361
12-11-2005, 03:15 AM
From ESPN...

Following the lead of Ricky Williams, I'm going to guess the friends or family members of Danny Wuerffel, Gino Toretta, Eric Crouch, Andre Ware, Jason White, Chris Weinke, and Rashaan Salaam.

IceColdBrewski
12-11-2005, 11:44 AM
Was it just me, or did Vince look pissed off when they called Reggie's name? I was like, "damn, at least try to look gracious."

hussker
12-11-2005, 11:55 AM
and to think that one writer gave them a first place vote in the preseason. ha, oops.

Drugs...

Horry For 3!
12-11-2005, 12:24 PM
Was it just me, or did Vince look pissed off when they called Reggie's name? I was like, "damn, at least try to look gracious."
That was the USC is gonna feel the wrath of Vince Young look.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-11-2005, 12:54 PM

:lol How is leading the nation in all-purpose yardage overrated?

Are you joking? If you don't know, that is a clear example of hype controlling your opinions.

Quit being such a dork. Why do you have a hard on for a 1000 yard back at Louisville?

Michael Bush had a little over 1000 yards rushing. Reggie Bush had 1700 yards rushing. Yet you think Mikey > Reggie? You clearly know jack shit about football.

FromWayDowntown
12-11-2005, 01:25 PM
Bush was dominant this year -- and he was dominant last year. Reggie Bush is the most unique player in college football this year and the Heisman was well-deserved.

I guess it was the media out there missing all of those tackles and getting run over when they weren't getting run past.

As for Leinart -- his decision to come back for this season was predicated as much on the fact that he needed shoulder surgery last winter and was advised that NFL teams would have significant problems taking him early in the 1st with any uncertainty about the shoulder. Leinart was better off to return, prove that the shoulder is good, play for another title, and then worry about the draft. I'd imagine that unless Brady Quinn comes out (and probably even if Quinn does come out), Leinart will still be taken in the Top 5 picks and will be a solid player.

scott
12-11-2005, 01:42 PM
I don't really see how Leinart hurt his stock by going out and putting up better numbers than he did in his Heisman Trophy season. The only thing "hurting" him in this draft is that Reggie Bush commands the #1 overall pick, probably dropping Matt all the way to... #2 overall.

IceColdBrewski
12-11-2005, 01:43 PM
vince young goncum all over usc's faces

You'd better hope so. Espeacially after all the "Longhons by at least 3 TD's" smack you've been running. Otherwise, it's gonna be all over your face.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-11-2005, 03:04 PM
pfff have you watched usc play this year?
have you watched texas play this year?

texas by 3 touchdowns

Wanna bet?

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-11-2005, 03:14 PM
Put your money where your mouth is, elpimpo4cc.

$20 on USC to win.

Right now.

chode_regulator
12-11-2005, 10:32 PM
i don't have any money--i work for a newspaper

i will put ALL my vbookies on texas to win

every single v-dollar
as will i. you better not bitch out though. :spin

chode_regulator
12-11-2005, 10:37 PM
Like I said...who the F#$K is Michael Bush....

Leinart cost himself HUGE $$ by not going pro already. He will be 6th pick at best, costing him HUGE dinero.

Leinart was the underdog coming in as a previous winner who chose to return...
Young was SCHWACKED by aTm and lost it there. I have no friggin clue who Michael Bush is in the Heisman running. As far as I am concerned, Zac Taylor, (Nebraska QB) had a better chance.

Do not pupu me. I follow this game very colsely and have for years, probably longer than your life years my friend.

There is no excuse outside of Alzheimers, to deprive Bush (Reggie, not the who thef$%# is Michael) of first place votes.

If you would like, we can take up a collection to buy you a TV and TiVO so you can see real football, not some crap you bring up.
you, hussker, are an idiot. how is leinart not going to go top 5, probably no 2. as already stated he had a better year this year than last. and for someone who claims to follow college football so closely you didint even know who the runnign back was for a top 20 team. :lol
and aggieshoopfan. leading the nation is overall yardage is overrated. 1, because yards dont win games, points do. 2, if you touch the ball on 31 percent of all offensive plays youre going to get a bunch of yards. and vince youngs number arent higher only bc he sat out alot. he didnt even play 75% of the big 12 championship. and i think bush has closer to 12 or 1300 yds on the season but i could be wrong on that.

cecil collins
12-11-2005, 10:39 PM
I was fine with it. Sure, it may seem rude, but in reality, it's human nature to be upset about it. Why must everyone put on a different face. I'm sure Reggie will enjoy his award no less because of Vince Young's reaction.

By the way, what happened to you? You were all about the Eagles, now their season is over and you are on the USC wagon.

cecil collins
12-11-2005, 10:50 PM
:lol How is leading the nation in all-purpose yardage overrated?
Quit being such a dork. Why do you have a hard on for a 1000 yard back at Louisville?
Michael Bush had a little over 1000 yards rushing. Reggie Bush had 1700 yards rushing. Yet you think Mikey > Reggie? You clearly know jack shit about football.
I just said that I could see leaving him off the ballot. Just because you love sportscenter doesn't mean that everyone has to love Reggie Bush. Personally, he'd be 3rd on my ballot, but I don't have one. Vy, Leinart, Bush. That doesn't mean that one should have their priviledges taken away for not having him on the ballot. For him to be a record setting heisman winner is disgusting. He is not the most dominating player in comparison with his competition that college football has seen. Therefore he should not have won by such a wide margin, unless hype played a major role here.

cecil collins
12-11-2005, 10:51 PM
By the way, how many touchdown did that 1000 back have, or is that not relevant because he doesn't have his own show on sportscenter.

IceColdBrewski
12-11-2005, 11:33 PM
...you were all about the Eagles, now their season is over and you are on the USC wagon.

Like I said in a different thread, my Arizona Wildcats are in the Pac-10 conference. I usually pull for the Pac-10 teams in big games like these.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-12-2005, 12:51 AM
and aggieshoopfan. leading the nation is overall yardage is overrated. 1, because yards dont win games, points do

Okay, fine, Reggie had 700 more rushing yards than your boy in Louisville. Happy?

i think bush has closer to 12 or 1300 yds on the season but i could be wrong on that.

And you are wrong. I pulled his stats straight from ESPN's stats.

Whoopdedoo, your boy in Louisville had 23 TDs. Reggie had 16. Reggie also had to share the backfield with White. Go look and see how many TDs Lendale took away from Bush and get back to me.

As for your cute little Sportscenter comment, I watched 8 of SC's games this year, I took my opinion from those, not Sportscenter.

Just admit Reggie had a great year and move on, you really don't have a leg to stand on (well, outside of your thousand yard back 4 Heisman :lol ).

cecil collins
12-12-2005, 02:49 AM
He had a great year, and was overrated. Is this impossible to realize? I'm not saying Michael Bush should have won. Reggie Bush would not have won so handily if not for the hype he recieved because of his flashy plays. The man's a talent, and I wish him no ill will.

KewlKat00
12-12-2005, 02:51 AM
and vince youngs number arent higher only bc he sat out alot. he didnt even play 75% of the big 12 championship. and i think bush has closer to 12 or 1300 yds on the season but i could be wrong on that.

i agree that vince could have won the heisman and deserved it. i also agree that vince's would be higher... but reggie also didn't play in the 4th (some even the 3rd) quarter in a number of games (hawaii, arkansas, washington, wsu, stanford, ucla and cal not much).

bush has 1658 yards rushing.

cecil collins
12-12-2005, 03:01 AM
Both of them had a great season. That's why the vote should have been a least a little closer. I can't wait to see the Rose Bowl. Should be a hell of a game.

Kong
12-20-2005, 12:12 AM
Ah, yes.

But what were the last games most of the Heisman voters saw before sending in their ballots?
Young getting smacked by the Aggies.
Bush going for over 500 all purpose yards against Fresno St. and 260 yards against UCLA.

I have a strong belief that's why Reggie got the lion's share of the votes.

cecil collins
12-20-2005, 05:24 AM
Obviously...I hope you are joking. THe Fresno game won him the Heisman.