PDA

View Full Version : this isn't so bad...

duncan2k5
12-10-2005, 11:24 PM
when i looked on the boxscore i thought WTF? the spurs cant lose to these guys if they tried. but when i thought more about it. i rather lose to those guys than the pistons, suns, or any of the elite. we know we wont see the hawks till next year...if we played like that against the Pistons...man i would justify the fire and brimstone falling. the only negative i see for losing this game is that i want home court advantage against the pistons...so every win we can get is good. the pistons are the only team we would have trouble beating if we dont have HCA.

oh yea, cleveland is pissing me off. they're my second fav team. it might seem weird that i would like a team that plays 0 defense since i am a spurs fan. but thats the way it is. the last 7 losses the teams have been shooting over 50% from the feild and over 40% from the 3point line. lebron is SOFT like a baby's ass. u think if i was 6'8 and could leap from florida to friggin france i would foul a guy intentionally when he is putting up a layup? or swipe at their arms while they take a shot? i would swat that ball like pissed off serena williams. he needs to grow some damn balls. nutsacs aint scorin 50 bron, you get sacs doing the dirty work.

the play that threw away their momentum was the one in the 4th with like 3 mins left and they were making a comeback. they tied it, got a steal, lebron in the fullcourt got it knocked away. he actually stopped running and watched as tj ford came from backcourt to get the ball. lebron is the man, but he's no manu.

its painful to watch a team you like throw away a game without even trying. the bucks shot like 100% tonight. it was ridiculous. i could have gone in there and dropped a quick 20. sorry to go off topic but my two teams effed it up tonight, so u know how that gets

boutons
12-10-2005, 11:39 PM
I don't care who the Spurs lose to, but whoever beats should have to play damn well, even out of their heads, because the Spurs should bring it every game, at least an average fucking EFFORT!!. Even on an off night, with all their talent, there should be enough to win. I don't care about cold shooting, but horrible defense and -10 RBs are outright disgusting.

Blow a 14-pt lead
Lose the paint 28 - 50
Lose RBs 40 - 50
Score 13 pts in the 4th qtr
55% FT, missing 10

I even went out had some junk shit comfort fast food, and I'm still pissed. :)

JMarkJohns
12-10-2005, 11:42 PM
Those FT's were closely contested though... :)

TDMVPDPOY
12-10-2005, 11:43 PM
but the fact is we lost to a fuckn scrub team

Dre_7
12-10-2005, 11:44 PM
but the fact is we lost to a fuckn scrub team

As does every great team every year. No worries here. :tu

mikejones99
12-10-2005, 11:44 PM
As long as they do not loose many at home they will be great this year. home should be 39 n 2 and road should ne 27 n 14 at least.

CharlieMac
12-11-2005, 12:06 AM
Shit happens in December.

Leetonidas
12-11-2005, 01:26 AM
The Spurs have lost to the Hawks before. No biggy. It's not like we're playing them in the playoffs. But, like buotons said, it just worries me that the Spurs show absolutely no effort when it comes to certain teams.

leemajors
12-11-2005, 01:31 AM
hawks have won last 3 of 4 at home vs the spurs. spurs have won the title in at least 1 of those seasons... no biggie, just not good to see lack of effort.

Spurzilla
12-11-2005, 02:00 AM
Pop said a few weeks back (regarding lack of effort) that the Spurs wouldn't respond to "silly speeches from the coach," but that they would respond to losses. The wisdom of Pop.

I thought it was kinda funny when Sean told Bill Land during the post-game interview that Pop would probably have the game film on the plane... and that it wasn't going to be a "fun" plane ride back home.... then there would most likely be a film session tomorrow as well.

I expect the Spurs will respond with renewed vigor Tuesday night, which is good because my siblings and I got our folks some expensive tickets to the game against the Clippers!

baseline bum
12-11-2005, 02:06 AM
Fuck. I knew this was going to happen. Ever since Jason Terry hit that game-winner in 2003 I've been scared of the Hawks in Atlanta.

duncan2k5
12-11-2005, 07:09 AM
lol@baseline. these losses always encourage me before we play a good team. if we dont bring it against the clips, we definitely need to get our heads straight. and from what boutons is saying...i have the feeling i would ahve been pissed watching the game. losing is one thing, but lack of effort is something that irritates me. thats why i could be a bobcat fan. that team sucks, but they fight to the end. you wont be pissed off at a team like that.

jochhejaam
12-11-2005, 07:45 AM
The crazy thing is that one of the Hawks players was talking to the Spurs when they were shooting the FT's trying to distract them :wtf , is that BS or what?!

GoSpurs21
12-11-2005, 11:25 AM
The crazy thing is that one of the Hawks players was talking to the Spurs when they were shooting the FT's trying to distract them :wtf , is that BS or what?!its bush league that's why the hawks have only won 3 games

1Parker1
12-11-2005, 01:28 PM

:lol :lol That was actually funny...I'll give you props for that one.

wildbill2u
12-11-2005, 03:02 PM
If we'd lost to a contender without putting out some effort, I'd be worried. But the Spurs have never exhibited the killer instinct of the old Lakers or Celtics who wanted to beat every team, even the creampuffs, into the ground.

JamStone
12-11-2005, 04:30 PM
duncan2k5, so you'd rather lose to a really bad team rather than lose to an elite team who is about as talented as your team? I don't get that logic. With comparably talented teams, in any given game, one team can have a better shooting night or the foul situation could be in their favor or the other team could just have an off night. But, against a team like Atlanta, a great team like the Spurs should beat them every time, and should be disappointed if they don't beat them.

Atlanta blew out Detroit AT Detroit last year. I was pissed. More importantly, I thought that really exposed the team's inability to bring it every night against every team.

I know the Spurs are better than losing to the Hawks. And, every team has its off games during a long season. But, that doesn't mean that I wouldn't be pissed and disappointed in the performance if I were a Spurs fan.

As to the talking smack to someone who's at the free throw line ... I think it's funny too. I don't think it's bush league at all. It's gamesmanship. These athletes are getting paid millions to make free throws. If a little smack talk is going to cause a player to miss, then that player needs to work on being more clutch and earning his paycheck. I find nothing wrong with a little talk when someone is about to shoot a free throw.

1Parker1
12-11-2005, 04:36 PM
^^I still remember that playoff game, Bulls vs Jazz, 4th quarter...Malone goes to the line to shoot 2 FT's and Pippen goes up to him and says, "The Mailman don't deliver on Sunday." And I believe Malone missed one or even both his FT's letting the Bulls win :lol

Phenomanul
12-12-2005, 09:42 AM
duncan2k5, so you'd rather lose to a really bad team rather than lose to an elite team who is about as talented as your team? I don't get that logic. With comparably talented teams, in any given game, one team can have a better shooting night or the foul situation could be in their favor or the other team could just have an off night. But, against a team like Atlanta, a great team like the Spurs should beat them every time, and should be disappointed if they don't beat them.

Atlanta blew out Detroit AT Detroit last year. I was pissed. More importantly, I thought that really exposed the team's inability to bring it every night against every team.

I know the Spurs are better than losing to the Hawks. And, every team has its off games during a long season. But, that doesn't mean that I wouldn't be pissed and disappointed in the performance if I were a Spurs fan.

As to the talking smack to someone who's at the free throw line ... I think it's funny too. I don't think it's bush league at all. It's gamesmanship. These athletes are getting paid millions to make free throws. If a little smack talk is going to cause a player to miss, then that player needs to work on being more clutch and earning his paycheck. I find nothing wrong with a little talk when someone is about to shoot a free throw.

I disagree... this sort of BS is not professional. True, there is a mental toughness required of athletes for them to perform on a consistent basis, and it would be a pity to see someone complain about distracting smack-talk during free-throws..... but those that resort to this sort of tactic undermine the very essence of sportsmanship....