PDA

View Full Version : Duncan's FTs hurting his game?

Tom_Foolery
12-11-2005, 07:19 AM
In almost all the games I've seen Duncan really struggle badly(not just bad, but really realy bad), I've also seen him struggle in his overall game in the 4th quarters. All the games I've seen him do fine at the line in the 4th, it seems to carry on in his overall game in the 4th, but when he struggles badly in the 4th at the line, not only is his passive, but he seems to get frustrated, misses easy layups and tip-ins that are normally money.

Anyone else see this? I've noticed this for quite a while. Agree or disagree?

Summers
12-11-2005, 01:59 PM
Duncan's free throw shooting is really solid this year, compared to most seasons. He's shooting well over 70%. I don't think missing FTs rattles him or causes him to have a bad game, except that it's missed opportunities/missed points.

boutons
12-11-2005, 02:56 PM
76% in 05 vs. career 69%

Tom_Foolery
12-11-2005, 09:26 PM
Well, I wasn't talking about "career average". I was talking about the games that he has struggled in the 4th quarters and it's relation to his performance at the FT line. Sorry if it wasn't clarified. I think it has an absolute affect on his overall play in the 4th. When he struggles at the line in the 4th, he misses layups & tip ins that he makes 10 times out of 10 normally, also loses his aggressiveness on the offensive side of the game, thus taking away our perimeter shooters.

TOP-CHERRY
12-11-2005, 09:32 PM
Well, I wasn't talking about "career average". I was talking about the games that he has struggled in the 4th quarters and it's relation to his performance at the FT line. Sorry if it wasn't clarified. I think it has an absolute affect on his overall play in the 4th. When he struggles at the line in the 4th, he misses layups & tip ins that he makes 10 times out of 10 normally, also loses his aggressiveness on the offensive side of the game, thus taking away our perimeter shooters.
I don't think his performance is a direct result of his missed FTs in the last quarter. In past years, he has sucked in his FTs, yet plays amazing when the clock is going. It's still too early to be worrying about Duncan's lack of aggressiveness. He'll come along come February on.