PDA

View Full Version : Rank current or available NBA players as "just not getting it"

Rummpd
12-11-2005, 01:31 PM
1) Artest - has to move to the top of the list after the Pacers stood by him.

2) Spreewell - "Mr. Cannot Feed His Family" is seeing the harsh realities that he may overvalue his services vs the marketplace of teams willing to trade off his aging talent with the potential disruptions that might come with it.

3) Ruben Patterson - one of many on the Trailblazers who just don't get it and are wasting some talent, that may not be as much as they personally think it is worth.

Who else?

jman3000
12-11-2005, 04:07 PM
You're right about the Blazers problems... a few years ago they tried to clean house (Rasheed Wallace, Qyntel Woods) and get rid of all the major cancers on the team. The funny thing is that they replaced those cancers with new ones (zach randolph and the like)

JamStone
12-11-2005, 04:15 PM
4) Roy Tarpley - Is there really that much of a lack of big men in the league that a 41 year old Tarpley might have another shot at the league?

5) Peja Stojakovic - Wasn't trading Chris Webber supposed to make him a true franchise superstar? Ooooops.

6) Tim Thomas - Has there ever been an NBA player who went from a max contract to the league minimum before he turned 30 years old? Well ... maybe a team will be foolish enough to give him the MLE next year.

7) Al Harrington - Would he crawl back to the Pacers as a free agent? How's that starting role you demanded feel on a team like the Hawks?

8) Voshon Lenard - Doesn't he know he's lucky to still even have an NBA job? He's not making too much noise, at least not in the media. But, if I were him, I'd just collect my paycheck and smile. He no longer belongs in the league.

9) Earl Watson - to Earl: Well you were the dumbass who signed with a team that had two legitimate point guards already! What exactly did you expect? Hope that one got injured? You should have gone to Cleveland or the Lakers. Maybe you don't get quite as much money, but you play and at least you "EARN" your salary.

sickdsm
12-11-2005, 04:43 PM
4)
8) Voshon Lenard - Doesn't he know he's lucky to still even have an NBA job? He's not making too much noise, at least not in the media. But, if I were him, I'd just collect my paycheck and smile. He no longer belongs in the league.

9 pts, 21 min, 42 FG% doesn't belong in the league?

But 4.5, 15, and 39 does?

I'd add Bip Roberts, JR Ryder, Kandi, and Antoine Walker.

Samr
12-11-2005, 04:51 PM
Well if this is the All-NBA-Don't-Get-It Team, then Isiah Thomas is the president and Larry Brown is the coach. In fact, I think Isiah would probably trade for at least 4 of the players above and sign Spreewell for a contract of his specification.

mikejones99
12-11-2005, 04:53 PM
Kobe Bryant. Ok, he paid the hooker, Kate Faber, off. Never get rid of a Shaq, you messed up the best rivalry in sports. Now the laker fans get to watch you go 12 for 35 every other night. Divorce that bitch too.

JamStone
12-11-2005, 04:54 PM
sickdsm, Voshon's jumpshot belongs in the league. Everything else about him as a player does not. I grew up watching Voshon play. I know he's a baller. Do statistics show how awful he is on defense? Do the statistics show that he's really a 6-foot-2 shooting guard with only average length? Do the statistics show that he can't get his jumpshot off against above-average defenders anymore? He's shooting .286 from 3pt range this year and that's supposed to be his one obvious strength.

I like Voshon. But, he's not an NBA caliber player anymore.

mikejones99
12-11-2005, 04:59 PM
Kobe would be available for Garnett or Artest and Oneal.

sickdsm
12-11-2005, 05:16 PM
Do statiscics show that without him the nuggets don't make the playoffs two years ago? Noone was bitching too much about his defense then. Besides the 3pt blast you could very well be talking about sam cassell. Most of all, do the statitics show that the thing the nuggets need more than anything is a jumpshooter? That's like blasting Bowen because all he can do is defend and shoot the three. Were you among those saying he shouldn't be in the league when his shot was slipping?

10 of 30 isn't enough to say that the guy's done for in 3pt shooting.

I don't agree with hardly ANYONE on your list. Your basically naming guys that aren't that good, made a bad move or aren't playing up to your expectation. Hell, theres a couple guys from each team that would make that list then. To each his own though but Voshon definatly deserves to be here still.

JamStone
12-11-2005, 05:53 PM
Do statiscics show that without him the nuggets don't make the playoffs two years ago? Noone was bitching too much about his defense then. Besides the 3pt blast you could very well be talking about sam cassell. Most of all, do the statitics show that the thing the nuggets need more than anything is a jumpshooter? That's like blasting Bowen because all he can do is defend and shoot the three. Were you among those saying he shouldn't be in the league when his shot was slipping?

10 of 30 isn't enough to say that the guy's done for in 3pt shooting.

The Nuggets made the playoffs last year WITHOUT him. His defense two years was better before his major knee injury. And, his poor 3 pt shooting is as much of a product of him not being able to get open because he's slower now as it is him just missing. The Nuggets would rather put out Andre Miller and Earl Boykins at the guards than have Voshon play. That tells you a lot considering neither can effectively guard shooting guards. How bad does Voshon have to be not to get much PT on a team that sorely needs an effective 2-guard?

I don't agree with hardly ANYONE on your list. Your basically naming guys that aren't that good, made a bad move or aren't playing up to your expectation. Hell, theres a couple guys from each team that would make that list then. To each his own though but Voshon definatly deserves to be here still.

Tarpley: he's 41 years old and hasn't played at the NBA level for about 10 years. He's "JUST NOT GETTING" the fact that he has almost no shot at making a real comeback to the league.

Peja: he wanted Chris Webber out so he could be the focus of the team, the franchise player. He's "JUST NOT GETTING" that he is not a franchise player and can't carry a team. Now he wants a trade to Chicago or Miami.

Tim Thomas: he couldn't work hard enough in practice to earn minutes on an average Chicago Bulls team. He's "JUST NOT GETTING" the fact that just because he makes a lot of money that he isn't guaranteed minutes without working his tail off and still proving himself.

Al Harrington: he asked the Pacers to trade him to a place where he could start so he could put up star-type numbers. He's done ok. Now, he intimates that he would like to go to a contending team again. He's "JUST NOT GETTING" the fact that starting for a losing team doesn't make it a better situation than being a reserve on a great team.

Earl Watson: he signed with Denver that had Andre Miller and Earl Boykins. Teams like Cleveland, LA, among others, showed interest that really needed help at point guard. He's "JUST NOT GETTING" that since you signed with a team that paid you more money, you shouldn't complain that you aren't playing.

Those players "JUST AREN'T GETTING IT." Why exactly do you disagree with those players I mentioned?

exstatic
12-11-2005, 06:40 PM
Eddy Curry - Has there ever been a worse pound for pound rebounder or defender?

exstatic
12-11-2005, 06:50 PM
Oh, and Eddy's big bro, Kwame Brown.

spurs=bling
12-11-2005, 07:12 PM
i vote this guy

http://www.geekimages.com/pics/20051208/sprewell.jpg (http://www.geekimages.com) :lol :lol :lol

sickdsm
12-12-2005, 10:04 AM
Not getting it and finally getting it too late is a difference. Rodman still doesn't get it, Tarpley does but its too late. He WOULD be good enough to bang a bit if teams didn't check his past.

I dissagree on Peja, he didn't like/get along with Cwebb. He wasn't going Kobe and thinking he could do it all by himself.

TT is the only one i agree on there.

Al Harrington i don't agree with, he was too good to come off the bench. A guy like him on the Nets and healthy there a contender. Were you among those bitching at Stephen Jackson when he went to the hawks? You can have your cake and eat it too. How great would you feel if the team that had all that cap room overpayed for ........Joe Johsnson???

Earl Watson signed under the pretense of them swapping one of there pgs after the deal. If you weren't aware of that i invite you to see the rest of the modern world outside the cave, namely running water and electricity.