PDA

View Full Version : Detroit (14-2) at LA Clippers (14-5)

ducks
12-11-2005, 03:53 PM
Detroit (14-2) at LA Clippers (14-5)
Preview - Box Score - Recap
Game Info: 9:00 pm EST Sun Dec 11, 2005
TV: WDWB, KTLA Add to Calendar
Buy Tickets
Owners of the best record in the NBA, the Detroit Pistons look to extend their winning streak to six games when they visit the Pacific Division-leading Los Angeles Clippers.

Detroit, which has also won four in a row away from home, is an NBA-best 9-1 on the road.

The defending Eastern Conference champions began a three-game trip with a 106-103 win at Golden State on Friday. The formula was a familiar one for Detroit, which executed down the stretch and closed with a 14-9 run over the final 2:33.

"We're used to those kinds of situations," Detroit guard Richard Hamilton said. "Everyone knew that coming out in the fourth quarter, we had to execute some plays and control their offense."

A key to Detroit's late-game prowess has been the decision-making of Chauncey Billups. The point guard has taken advantage of the increased offensive freedom provided by new coach Flip Saunders. The 2004 NBA Finals MVP is averaging career highs of 17.8 points and 8.3 assists.

ADVERTISEMENT
"I could look into Chauncey's eyes and I can tell when he wants to try and take games over," said Saunders, who coached Billups in Minnesota from 2000-02.

Detroit has won five straight against Los Angeles, and used a balanced attack to sweep the season series in 2004-05. Every Piston starter averaged between 15.0 points and 17.0 points in the two victories.

Rasheed Wallace has turned in two straight big games for Detroit, averaging 24 points on 52 percent (16-of-31) shooting. Wallace has not had three straight games with at least 20 points since April 3-6, 2003.

Los Angeles is trying to complete a perfect five-game homestand after a 101-91 victory over Phoenix on Saturday. The Clippers snapped the Suns' NBA season-high nine-game winning streak to move one game in front of Phoenix for the division lead.

Elton Brand notched his 13th double-double of the season with 27 points and 13 rebounds to lead Los Angeles. Brand averaged 21.5 points and 7.5 rebounds last season against the Pistons.

Los Angeles, which is limiting opponents to an NBA-low 40.7 percent shooting, has used terrific defense in the fourth quarter during its streak. It yielded 14 fourth-quarter points against Miami last Sunday, 16 against New York on Wednesday and 15 against the Suns on Saturday.

The Clippers have played the bulk of their early schedule against East foes, going 8-3. Their 9-1 home record is tied with defending NBA champion San Antonio for the best in the league.

Los Angeles swingman Corey Maggette is unlikely to see action for the third straight game due to a sprained left foot.

STANDINGS (through Dec. 10): Pistons - 1st place, Central Division. Clippers - 1st place, Pacific Division.

PROBABLE STARTERS: Pistons - F Rasheed Wallace, F Tayshaun Prince, C Ben Wallace, G Hamilton, G Billups. Clippers - F Quinton Ross, F Brand, C Chris Kaman, G Cuttino Mobley, G Sam Cassell.

TEAM LEADERS: Pistons - Hamilton, 21.8 ppg; Ben Wallace, 11.4 rpg; Billups, 8.3 apg. Clippers - Brand, 24.9 ppg and 10.8 rpg; Cassell, 7.6 apg.

2004-05 SEASON SERIES: Pistons, 2-0.

LAST MEETING: April 1; Pistons, 97-84. At Auburn Hills, Mich., Prince scored 23 points as all five Pistons starters reached double figures against the undermanned Clippers, who played without the injured Maggette, Ross and Kaman.

ROAD/HOME RECORDS: Pistons - 9-1 on the road; Clippers - 9-1 at home.

Updated on Sunday, Dec 11, 2005 5:35 am EST

Email to a Friend | View Popular
Team Comparison
Team Record Standings PF PA Road/Home Streak L10
Detroit 14-2 1st Central / 1st East 99.3 91.4 Road 9-1 Won 5 8-2
LA Clippers 14-5 1st Pacific / 2nd West 98.7 94.3 Home 9-1 Won 4 7-3
Detroit Notes
Dec 10 Detroit has won 15 of the last 19 meetings against the Warriors. ... G Chauncey Billups scored 29 points to set surpass a season high set against Phoenix on November 10. He made 9-of-15 shots. ... The Pistons had a 37-36 rebound edge and committed 10 turnovers. ... C Ben Wallace just missed his fifth double-double with nine points and 10 rebounds. ... The bench accounted for just nine points and coach Flip Saunders used only eight players. ... Detroit has won all three games that were decided by three or fewer points this season.

LA Clippers Notes
Dec 11 The Clippers scored 37 points in the first quarter and 30 in the third but were held to 16 in the second and 18 in the fourth. ... F Elton Brand made 11-of-12 from the foul line. He scored 27 points and grabbed 13 rebounds for his 12th double-double in his last 13 games. ... F Quinton Ross was the lone starter not to score in double-digits. He had four points in 27 minutes. ... The Clippers are 127-128 all time at the Staples Center. ... C Chris Kaman scored 12 points and had 10 rebounds for his fifth double-double. ... The Clippers are off to their best 19-game start since the Buffalo Braves were 15-4 in 1974-1975.

FreshPrince22
12-11-2005, 04:08 PM
Can't Wait!!!
________
KAMELLY cam (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/KAMELLY)

mikejones99
12-11-2005, 04:19 PM
X mas is the big game. Are you going to the palace for x mas?

1Parker1
12-11-2005, 04:39 PM
This should be a good game. BTW, has Detroit played any contending teams in their 14-2 record? Or has it mostly been against low Eastern Conference teams? Their record is impressive.

mikejones99
12-11-2005, 05:06 PM
Pistons got killed by Dallas like the Spurs. mostly easy games. Beat bos by 2 at buzzer RIP. los at home to Wash in 2ot, won at milwau and phx. tough game x mas

emo serb
12-11-2005, 06:00 PM
We have beaten:
Philly
Boston 2 times, one away one home
Toronto
At Sacramento
At Pheonix
At Portland
At Houston
Denver
At Milwaukee
At New Jersey
New York
At Chicago
At Golden State

We lost away to Dallas, and once at home to Washington. I might've messed up, but yeah.

boutons
12-11-2005, 09:52 PM
Pistons shot 60% in 1st qtr, but cooled a bit in 2nd qtr.

Brand is shooting smooth, mid-range jumpers with a very high %age.
55% FG season overall. Very cool player.
Like Tim, he lost some weight over the summer.

I bet it comes down to crunch time, and Pistons get a couple stops, win it with defense.

Pistons < Spurs
12-11-2005, 10:04 PM
At the half

Detroit:59
Clips:45

Pistons shoot 52 % in the first half, including 5-8 from 3

Chauncey 13 pts, 6 assists 1 steal 0 to's

Brand 15pts, 6rbs 3assists
Kaman 12pts, 5rbs

Pistons making it look easy. Good production from the bench (17pts 12rbs 4blks)

FreshPrince22
12-11-2005, 10:05 PM
Pistons up 59-45. :fro

Mo Evans with 9 points and 5 boards in 8 minutes! (I recall someone saying he sucked on this board)

The bad news: Ben still looks awful on those 2 bad ankles. Kaman has 12 points :rolleyes

EDIT: ARGH! you beat me by about a minute!
________
Park Royal 3 Condominium Prathumnak (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

boutons
12-11-2005, 10:35 PM
Pistons 6 3Gs vs. 0 is a big difference.

Just swapping baskets in the 3rd.

ahb
12-11-2005, 11:15 PM
Cheap piece of shit Dunleavy has the Clips fouling Ben Wallace on every single possession.

Pistons < Spurs
12-11-2005, 11:34 PM
Pistons: 15-2 including 10-1 on the road!!!!

FreshPrince22
12-11-2005, 11:38 PM
Dunleavy is a fucking hack of a coach. I'm glad Sheed gave him an ear-full on his way out of the game.
________
Colorado marijuana dispensary (http://colorado.dispensaries.org/)

ReppinTheD
12-11-2005, 11:58 PM
That was just ridiculous what Dunleavy was doing! I've never seen anyone do that before, and it was getting annoying. They were already getting embarassed, why embarass your self more with some piece of crap cheap technique like that. Man, I am so glad Sheed did that too, he stood up for Ben and told Dunleavy how unbelievably stupid he looked on tv.

Pistons < Spurs
12-12-2005, 12:18 AM
That was just ridiculous what Dunleavy was doing! I've never seen anyone do that before, and it was getting annoying. They were already getting embarassed, why embarass your self more with some piece of crap cheap technique like that. Man, I am so glad Sheed did that too, he stood up for Ben and told Dunleavy how unbelievably stupid he looked on tv.

You've never seen or heard of Hack-a-Shaq? Used to happen all the time. Throughout the years, it has also been used on Ben several times. Perhaps not to the same extent as you witnessed this evening, but done none the less.

Personally I have no problem w/ the Hack-a method. IMO as a coach, you do whatever you think may give you a chance at a victory. Sometimes the Hack-a works, and sometimes it backfires on you, but if you decide to use it, you are already in desperation mode, so why the hell not.

IMO it is a greater offense that a proffesional NBA baller cannot hit FT's. No way the supposed best players in the world should not be able to post a respectable FT%. I love Ben, but 42% for a career is INEXCUSABLE. He is not the only one. Obviously Shaq has always sucked at it aswell. Hell, Wilt only hit 51%. Many players have and will always struggle from the line. I just have no patience for it.

My feelings are that if you are a 50% free throw shooter, I'm going to take advantage of it and abuse you. Maybe these guys will get the message, and improve their shot.

Perhaps that is why I am such a big Chauncey fan. He gets to the stripe and you know he make em'

Maybe we can get this for Ben for X-Mas:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0062734342/104-4306172-3155161?v=glance&n=283155

AI-square
12-12-2005, 03:48 PM
I just get annoyed sometimes when people start thinking that winning the game is better than playing good basketball. I mean, does winning take precedence over loving the game and desiring to play it the best that they can?

Marklar MM
12-12-2005, 04:13 PM
I wonder what Rasheed said...hopefully it was some good shit.

mikejones99
12-12-2005, 04:41 PM
Yeah, that Sheed, he is a genious. And only makes 17 million?

Marklar MM
12-12-2005, 04:45 PM
Yeah, that Sheed, he is a genious. And only makes 17 million?

10.3 million

FreshPrince22
12-12-2005, 06:29 PM
I wonder what Rasheed said...hopefully it was some good shit.

They kept yelling back and forth...

Sheed: "Dumbass!!"
Dunleavy: "Kiss My Ass!"
Sheed: "Dumbass Punk!!"

:lol and supposedly Sheed kept giving even the assistant coaches an ear-full back by the locker rooms. It's good to see sheed blow $1K just to have Ben's back like that.
________
Jayson (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/Jayson)

jochhejaam
12-12-2005, 07:40 PM
They kept yelling back and forth...

Sheed: "Dumbass Punk!!"

:lol and supposedly Sheed kept giving even the assistant coaches an ear-full back by the locker rooms. It's good to see sheed blow $1K just to have Ben's back like that.
:lol

The hack-a-Ben is legal but it's bush league. It reminds me of some High School games where before they had the shot clock the scrub team would try to dribble away each quarter to keep the game close in hopes of stealing a win from a superior team. You'd end up with scores like 10-4! That's garbage, no one wants to see that mess!