PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Playoff Question

Pistons < Spurs
12-11-2005, 08:00 PM
As of right now, I am winning my first round playoff game (79.08 to 76.92). My opponent has no one left, and I have Joe Horn left playing on MNF. Do I pull him from my active roster, leaving that receiver position blank and accept the victory, or do I leave him in there. If I pull him, I do not risk him having 2 fumbles, negative yards etc. etc. I'm leaning towards pulling him....my only fear, is what if Yahoo's math is wrong.....they always say that no stats are official till tuesday morning. I'll feel like a complete idiot if I yank him only to lose due to bad stats.

King
12-11-2005, 08:01 PM
Go through and figure out the points yourself - I doubt Horn would go negative, since he needs to have a reception to have a turnover, which will still get you positive points (with the yards)

Horry For 3!
12-12-2005, 12:44 AM
As of right now, I am winning my first round playoff game (79.08 to 76.92). My opponent has no one left, and I have Joe Horn left playing on MNF. Do I pull him from my active roster, leaving that receiver position blank and accept the victory, or do I leave him in there. If I pull him, I do not risk him having 2 fumbles, negative yards etc. etc. I'm leaning towards pulling him....my only fear, is what if Yahoo's math is wrong.....they always say that no stats are official till tuesday morning. I'll feel like a complete idiot if I yank him only to lose due to bad stats.
Nice. That means I will probably face you next week.

Horry For 3!
12-12-2005, 12:48 AM
Also, you can check tomorrow if your up 79-76 and he has no one left then you can bench Horn if you want. You just can't bench him when the game started at 9 est, other than that you can bench him anytime before.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-12-2005, 01:26 AM
I just realized I have this same dilemma (sort of).

In the $250 league, I have 118.40 points for the week, which means I'd win $100 for the most points this week (the two closest to me have nobody left to play this week).

I still have Alge Crumpler set to start tomorrow.

The two teams with players remaining are 46 points and 63 points back respectively and Crumpler would have to score about 100 points tomorrow for this to have any playoff seeding impact (our playoffs start next week).

I won't sit him, but it is an option.

cecil collins
12-12-2005, 02:57 AM
I think it's a safe gamble that he won't fumble twice, but it's not my ass.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-12-2005, 09:19 PM
I hope you pulled Joe Horn.

Pistons < Spurs
12-12-2005, 09:59 PM

DAMN......I wonder if I jinxed him!!!

Luckily I did pull him!

Horry For 3!
12-12-2005, 11:28 PM
Horn is worth 1.9 pts even with the fumble.