PDA

View Full Version : Ex-MVP vs MVP favourite

Banks91
12-12-2005, 02:32 PM
I'm pretty sure Brand will be lookin to make a statement on tuesday.
The question is, will Duncan be lookin to make his own statement against brand, and Garnett(game after).

I say we win both games, and Duncan gets the better of both of them

Rummpd
12-15-2005, 06:44 AM
Chris Webber sure got the better of Garnett putting up 27 and 21 and 2 blocks on him in the overtime win.

Garnett if you have been watching is pullinng down less boards this year, not sure what to make of that but it is a noticeable drop.

sickdsm
12-15-2005, 12:54 PM
His knee is bothering him a bit but i think it also has a lot to do with the improved play of Kandi and Griffen on the boards. Not only that but you have to take into account the wolves have been playing much better defense and its not as up tempo to get those boards.

MI21
12-15-2005, 01:09 PM
That is one thing I have noticed just looking at his stats. Last few years he has hovered around 13-14rpg (amazing) and what's he averaging this season, is he even at 10rpg? I've only seen 3 Minnesota games this year, so I'm not exactly fit to judge over the whole course of the season, but he didn't seem to be terribly active on the boards from memory in those games. Never the less, he is having a very good season, his FG% is nice.

His knee is bothering him a bit

I don't remember hearing about this, did it happen within the first 20 games? He had a very long offseason to get any surgery or whatever he needed done.

Not only that but you have to take into account the wolves have been playing much better defense and its not as up tempo to get those boards.

Huh? If they are playing better defense, opposing teams are missing more shots. More missed shots by opposition = more rebounds available.

i think it also has a lot to do with the improved play of Kandi and Griffen on the boards.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that those 2 combined aren't averaging anything more than +1rpg compared to there last seasons statistics. Please correct me If I'm wrong, but I think it's a pretty safe guess.

Having a 33% decrese in rebounding is strange, I don't think any of those reasons above would account for something like this (except the knee, if its really bad). I think he could just not be rebounding as well.