PDA

View Full Version : Artest says he wants to be a Knick

ducks
12-12-2005, 05:33 PM
Artest says he wants to be a Knick

BY ANTHONY RIEBER
STAFF WRITER

December 12, 2005

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- In comments that likely got Knicks president Isiah Thomas' attention, Pacers forward Ron Artest said yesterday he wants out of Indiana and would like to be traded to the Knicks.

"If it was a perfect world, I would be going to New York," Artest told the Indianapolis Star.

Artest, 26, who was coached by Thomas in Indiana for two seasons, is one of the NBA's most combustible players - he was suspended for the last 73 games of last season after the Nov. 19 brawl with fans in Auburn Hills, Mich. - but could fill the Knicks' gargantuan hole at small forward.

Thomas would likely have to offer much of the young talent he has drafted during the past two years (Channing Frye, Nate Robinson, David Lee, Trevor Ariza) before the Pacers would even think about sending the Queensbridge native and St. John's product home.

Artest's complaints center around his role in coach Rick Carlisle's offense. "I like Coach as a person," he said, "but I don't like playing for Coach."

Artest also listed Cleveland as a place he would be willing to go. "I wouldn't mind coming off the bench behind LeBron James," Artest said.

Thomas, who was at practice yesterday, did not speak with reporters.
Copyright 2005 Newsday Inc.