PDA

View Full Version : Manu out for at least a week

TMTTRIO
12-12-2005, 05:55 PM
I just heard on the Pop show that Manu hurt his foot again and will be out for a week :pctoss :(. Tim had plan Plantar Faciatis but is probable.

Parkersgirl9
12-12-2005, 05:57 PM
awwwww what the hell?

Kori Ellis
12-12-2005, 06:03 PM
Damn that sucks.

I'll get the copy of the Pop Show audio as soon as I can to give to you guys.

spurs=bling
12-12-2005, 06:08 PM
:pctoss :wtf :cry :cuss :pctoss :wtf :cry :cuss :bang :bang :bang :bang

ALVAREZ6
Fuck this.

td4mvp21
How is that gonna affect Duncan, if at all? In other words, how serious is his injury?

spurschick
12-12-2005, 06:10 PM
:cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss
Fantasy team is going to hell in a handbasket!!!

Silver lining... more gratuitous camera time in a suit. :spin

ALVAREZ6
12-12-2005, 06:11 PM
:cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss
Fantasy team is going to hell in a handbasket!!!

Silver lining... more gratuitous camera time in a suit. :spin
Same.

All of my fantasy teams. Plus a bunch of my other guys are injured and this year, Yahoo eliminated the IL.

Sweetmelody
12-12-2005, 06:22 PM
I just heard on the Pop show that Manu hurt his foot again and will be out for a week :pctoss :(. Tim had plan Plantar Faciatis but is probable.

awww that stinks!

Silver lining... more gratuitous camera time in a suit.

I second that!:tu :makeout We sure have our priorities
straight! :lol

Kori Ellis
12-12-2005, 06:23 PM
What sucks for Tim is that plantar fasciitis lingers on and on and usually causes problems for months. :(

LittleGeneral
12-12-2005, 06:25 PM
This blows. I remember when Todd Mac. had it. Sucks.

FreshPrince22
12-12-2005, 06:32 PM
What sucks for Tim is that plantar fasciitis lingers on and on and usually causes problems for months. :(

yea, Sheed had it in '04 and it hurt him all year. He played through it though, so maybe it made it worse.
________
ArdenAdamz (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/ArdenAdamz)

grjr
12-12-2005, 06:34 PM

I thought that plantar fasciitis was finally eradicated when the NBA dumped the IR. I see now that, sadly, I was wrong and the search for a cure continues.

Kori Ellis
12-12-2005, 06:36 PM
I thought that plantar fasciitis was finally eradicated when the NBA dumped the IR. I see now that, sadly, I was wrong and the search for a cure continues.

Yeah it was one of the normal IR excuses. But when someone actually has it, it really sucks. Some players can get inserts in their shoes and be relieved of some of the pain/discomfort, but other times it gets so bad that they have to just sit out.

ducks
12-12-2005, 06:37 PM
maybe next time pop will not listen to him and sit him when he is hurt

this guy is injury prone

Kori Ellis
12-12-2005, 06:39 PM
maybe next time pop will not listen to him and sit him when he is hurt

this guy is injury prone

Tim or Manu?

ducks
12-12-2005, 06:40 PM
spurs should call big dog
he knows the spurs system and he would be good to have on the bench incase manu is hurt

barry is worthless

ducks
12-12-2005, 06:41 PM
Tim or Manu?

manu......................
he might have actually played in half the games if barry and mike were not hurt at the same time :depressed :depressed :depressed

gospursgojas
12-12-2005, 06:41 PM
Ive had it before and it sucks to even walk...It makes you want to walk (and much more run) kinda stiff legged

1Parker1
12-12-2005, 06:43 PM
When did Manu and Tim reinjure themselves? Practice...or is this nagging injuries over time?

I hope they both recover fully :(

Tony, now is your chance to prove your All Stardom more than ever! :tu

gospursgojas
12-12-2005, 06:44 PM
When did Manu and Tim reinjure themselves? Practice...or is this nagging injuries over time?

I hope they both recover fully :(

Tony, now is your chance to prove your All Stardom more than ever! :tu

Hell Yeah! Time for TP to show everyone that this is his year...

Manu got hurt during practice, and Pop said it a nagging injury for Tim.

CosmicCowboy
12-12-2005, 06:47 PM
Plantar Fasciitis hurts like a bitch. It is a bone spur in the heel. When it really gets to acting up you can't even put weight on it...then you start limping, then the knees/hips get out of whack...it could really take Tim out of his game even if he guts through it and logs the minutes...They have a new procedure involving ultrasound that intentionally damages the tissue around the spur to promote scarring...but it makes it hurt worse before it hurts less...could be a month+ even if he gets the treatment...

ShoogarBear
12-12-2005, 06:47 PM
Down with Plantar Fascism!

Kori Ellis
12-12-2005, 06:51 PM
Rick Brunson (Sonics' scrub point guard) had plantar fasciitis in the offseason. He tried to play through it in training camp/preseason and he ended up tearing his fascia. Now he's out 4 months. I know that's a very extreme case. But it's not something they should mess around with.

1Parker1
12-12-2005, 06:53 PM
^:depressed

SequSpur
12-12-2005, 06:55 PM
Loss to Atlanta Hawks = Plantar Fascitis....

This news should've been released prior to the Hawks games. If I was a bookie I would be pissed.

As for Manu, all I can say is typical.

Duncanoypi
12-12-2005, 07:01 PM
^still no love for timmy...

ShoogarBear
12-12-2005, 07:01 PM
Time for all that bench depth to step up!

polandprzem
12-12-2005, 07:02 PM
I am :depressed

Tell me what's with Timmy?

---
I'm going to sleep and when I wake up I want to hear he is okay.

boutons
12-12-2005, 07:07 PM
I had PF about 7 years ago, for months. Not too bad, and only when my foot was cold. When I'd stand up to walk, the first 3 or 4 steps were limping hell, then it seemed to warm up and loosen up.

55 wins anybody?

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cybertherapist/front/foot/plantarfaciitis.htm

http://www.heel-spur-treatment.com/_plantar_fasciitis_treatment_guide.php

http://www.plantar-fasciitis-treatments.com/

Manu20
12-12-2005, 07:08 PM
:pctoss

http://ben-59.skyblog.com/pics/218622100_small.jpg

http://www.nba.com/media/barry_uniform_040727.jpg

Time to step up!

Brutalis
12-12-2005, 07:15 PM
Are we gunna have an injury plagued year or what.

TDfan2007
12-12-2005, 07:41 PM
Goddamnit!!!! :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss

Couldn't have come at a worse time for Tim too because he's matched up w/ Brand and Garnett these next two games. So much for Tim being MVP this year. He has got to be one of the unluckiest superstars in NBA history.

:depressed :depressed :depressed :depressed

SouthernFried
12-12-2005, 07:52 PM
Damnit...sit these guys and rehab them till they're healed. I don't care if we pull a Shaq. Sit 'em. Have them go through Physical therapy for as long as it takes. But, get these guys in shape for the playoffs, cuz that's all that really matters. I could care less what kinda record we got. If we go 50-50 from here on out, we'll be alright... as long as Tim and Manu are truely healed for the stretch run.

That's why we got this bench...use 'em. Let Manu and Tim rehab their All-Star selves.

Can you imagine what guys like Oberto, Finley and Nick will be like in 6 months with a ton more minutes? This could be a blessing...and I don't care what our record is at the end of it.

Well...8th seed would suck...but, 3-6th would be just fine ;)

Pistonfan1
12-12-2005, 08:06 PM
Rick Brunson (Sonics' scrub point guard) had plantar fasciitis in the offseason. He tried to play through it in training camp/preseason and he ended up tearing his fascia. Now he's out 4 months. I know that's a very extreme case. But it's not something they should mess around with.

So are you calling it a season because it sure looks like you are.
:rolleyes THIS DOESNT SOUND SERIOUS SO JUST REST UP AND WE WILL SEE YOU IN JUNE

Kori Ellis
12-12-2005, 08:09 PM
So are you calling it a season because it sure looks like you are.
:rolleyes THIS DOESNT SOUND SERIOUS SO JUST REST UP AND WE WILL SEE YOU IN JUNE

:lol

Read much?

I said that's the worst case scenario if someone plays with plantar fascitis. I don't think Timmy will be out more than a few games if that.

loveforthegame
12-12-2005, 08:25 PM
Duncan should talk to Finley who played with PF for an entire season back in 2000? It might have been in 2001. I remember Inside Stuff or one of those shows doing a segment on what the trainer would do after games/practices.

Finley and Barry will have to step up in Manu's absence. No excuses.

Shelly
12-12-2005, 08:32 PM

Tim needs a good Podiatrist :angel

The shot should help him, though. He also needs to do stretches. I get it sometimes, and it is painful.

smeagol
12-12-2005, 08:34 PM
As for Manu, all I can say is typical.
God your act is old . . . :flipoff

td4mvp21
12-12-2005, 08:53 PM
Didn't Parker have it last year? It didn't seem to bother him to much.

juncan
12-12-2005, 09:13 PM
Oh, I hate this.

Dre_7
12-12-2005, 09:15 PM
Where are all those "DONT SIGN FINLEY" people now????

El Borracho
12-12-2005, 09:26 PM
i knew there was something wrong

Rummpd
12-12-2005, 09:31 PM
Strongly recommend as a doctor this article from friends in mine in WI (used to be on the part-time faculty there) on plantar fasciatis from the American Academy of Family Practice: http://www.aafp.org/afp/20010201/467.html

Treatment of Plantar Fasciitis
CRAIG C. YOUNG, M.D.
Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
DARIN S. RUTHERFORD, M.D.
Mercy Sports Medicine, Janesville, Wisconsin
MARK W. NIEDFELDT, M.D.
Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Abstract:

Plantar fasciitis is a common cause of heel pain in adults. The disorder classically presents with pain that is particularly severe with the first few steps taken in the morning. In general, plantar fasciitis is a self-limited condition. However, symptoms usually resolve more quickly when the interval between the onset of symptoms and the onset of treatment is shorter. Many treatment options exist, including rest, stretching, strengthening, change of shoes, arch supports, orthotics, night splints, anti-inflammatory agents and surgery. Usually, plantar fasciitis can be treated successfully by tailoring treatment to an individual's risk factors and preferences. (Am Fam Physician 2001; 63:467-74,477-8.)

Dre_7
12-12-2005, 09:38 PM
My mom lives in Jansville.

Kori Ellis
12-12-2005, 09:53 PM
Pop: "Manu went down today in practice with a foot injury, so he definitely will not play for a while. A minimum a week would be my guess. He stretched the ligaments across the mid-portion of the top of his foot. He stepped on a player's foot and it just went forward in such a way his foot actually got sprained."

1Parker1
12-12-2005, 10:05 PM
^That sounds painful.

Kori Ellis
12-12-2005, 10:06 PM
They also said Duncan got a shot in his heel and is probable. And that Parker got kneed in the Atl game but he'll play.

Dre_7
12-12-2005, 10:08 PM
Pop: "Manu went down today in practice with a foot injury, so he definitely will not play for a while. A minimum a week would be my guess. He stretched the ligaments across the mid-portion of the top of his foot. He stepped on a player's foot and it just went forward in such a way his foot actually got sprained."

Ouch. I did the same thing playing basketball my freshman year of high school. It hurts. I was out for about a week or so.

Thank goodness for the backcourt depth.

Dre_7
12-12-2005, 10:09 PM
They also said Duncan got a shot in his heel and is probable. And that Parker got kneed in the Atl game but he'll play.

Wow. The big three all hurt in some way. Thats kinda scary to think about.

angel_luv
12-12-2005, 10:11 PM
Aww! My poor Gino and Timmy! Get well soon guys! Hugs!

Supergirl
12-12-2005, 10:34 PM
And what's up with Horry? He missed the last 2 games...is he injured, too?

Solid D
12-12-2005, 10:59 PM

Supposedly on Bowen's foot.

wildbill2u
12-12-2005, 11:02 PM
I had PF about 7 years ago, for months. Not too bad, and only when my foot was cold. When I'd stand up to walk, the first 3 or 4 steps were limping hell, then it seemed to warm up and loosen up.

55 wins anybody?

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cybertherapist/front/foot/plantarfaciitis.htm

http://www.heel-spur-treatment.com/_plantar_fasciitis_treatment_guide.php

http://www.plantar-fasciitis-treatments.com/

Lets get him an Ossatron for electroshock therapy.

Dre_7
12-12-2005, 11:02 PM
And what's up with Horry? He missed the last 2 games...is he injured, too?

I thought he played against ATL?

spurs=bling
12-12-2005, 11:03 PM
http://www.geekimages.com/pics/20051208/sprain02.jpg (http://www.geekimages.com)

would his ankle look something like this??

but poor guy i just hope he isn't out that long.

and i hope Timmy get better soon too.

TwoHandJam
12-12-2005, 11:18 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^
Damn, that looks painful.

spurs=bling
12-12-2005, 11:21 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^
Damn, that looks painful.

thats my ankle, and yeah its painful :wow :wow :wow

SuperManu!!!
12-12-2005, 11:32 PM
You should cut your leg and buy a new onE :lol

NOw seriously....i'm tired of hearing that manu is banged up......get him some vitamines please!!!! I don't remember he getting this injured so often in europe

boutons
12-12-2005, 11:49 PM
3rd injury that causes manu to sit in 2.5 months.
thigh, then heel bruise, now foot sprain.

Spurbanana
12-13-2005, 12:01 AM
Damn...next thing we know Pop will get sick or something...

GREAT. :(

spurs=bling
12-13-2005, 12:05 AM
Damn...next thing we know Pop will get sick or something...

GREAT. :(

please don't bring me down anymore :(

carina_gino20
12-13-2005, 12:33 AM
Dammit. Just what they need.

Tek_XX
12-13-2005, 12:36 AM
So this is something Timmy will have to play with all season? that sucks ass. And another injury for Manu, i guess these guys are showing their age. Well all i can say is Finley show us what you're made of.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-13-2005, 02:20 AM
Wow that is pretty depressing. I say we play teh bench as starters for the next 2 weeks. Fuck the regular season, it has become more and more obvious that this year's spurs are going to be lakers-esque. First I thought it was because they were not playing to potential in regular season games, now its because of injuries to two important players.

What is up with Manu being a peach this season? This really really worries me. I'm alot more worried about Manu than Tim. SequSpur has the right idea...every time i turn around Manu is fucked up in some way.

If Tim has plantar fasciitis then I say we tank the regular season until he is 110% again, and play the bench as starters. I knew it was too good to be true to have a healthy Duncan.

velik_m
12-13-2005, 03:19 AM
NOw seriously....i'm tired of hearing that manu is banged up......get him some vitamines please!!!! I don't remember he getting this injured so often in europe

less games and minutes in Europe...

Pop should just sit Tim and let Rasho have his way with Brand and especially Garnett :)

SequSpur
12-13-2005, 07:47 AM
I had the surgery 6 years ago, it hurt like a mother f'er....

Vicodin every 4 hours helped drastically.

I still feel it to today though, I can only wear certain shoes or it flares up around the scar tissue in the fascia.

smeagol
12-13-2005, 09:39 AM
Now that we know the injury is a consequence of an accident (Manu landing on Bruce's foot), i.e. bad luck, why the hell do people continue repeating this new partyline that Manu is injury prone?

Injury prone, in my mind, is somebody who keeps pulling a groin, or has some kind of nagging injury that won't go away. Manu's injuries are a conseuqence of his playing style (most of the time, bumps and bruises). And most of the time he is able to play around those injuries.

How many games did he miss last year? six? seven? Isn't that average for a guard?

How many did he miss in 04? Less than five?

CbF, don't worry about Manu. He'll be fine.

smeagol
12-13-2005, 09:39 AM
Double post (my computer is f'cked up)

ducks
12-13-2005, 10:05 AM
Double post (my computer is f'cked up)

let me guess you are using bill gates junk right?

smeagol
12-13-2005, 10:09 AM
let me guess you are using bill gates junk right?
Unfortunately yes. I'm too stupid to learn how to use other browsers. My computer is so fucked up with viruses I have to buy a new one.

I cant even use the smiles :sad purple smile going back and forth

ducks
12-13-2005, 10:10 AM
you do realize you can also format the hard drive and start over

avg is free virus software
firefox is a free browers that stops alot of spysoftware also

dbreiden83080
12-13-2005, 05:06 PM
So if Timmy is not playing will he be on the bench, or hiding in the locker room because he refuses to wear a sport coat.

smeagol
12-13-2005, 06:00 PM
you do realize you can also format the hard drive and start over

avg is free virus software
firefox is a free browers that stops alot of spysoftware also
I tried avg but it does not cure those fucking viruses.

Shelly
12-13-2005, 06:14 PM
I tried avg but it does not cure those fucking viruses.

Interesting, because AVG was the only one that got rid of all the viruses on my kids' computer.

SequSpur
12-13-2005, 06:30 PM
Buy a new hard drive. 50 bucks.

ducks
12-13-2005, 06:32 PM
zap it $0

then reinstall everything

avg will fix 95% of the viruses by itself

the other 5% you have to download spectial tools or delete the file manually

but that goes for ALL of them

GO SPurs Go
12-13-2005, 06:32 PM
This is shit. The past two seasons Tim has gotten injured for a total of maybe 4 weeks per season. But we've never had ALL of our big three injured at the same time. In case you didn't know, Tony Parker has a knee injury.

kolko
12-13-2005, 06:54 PM
Manu won't be travelling to Minnesota with the team according to his website.

T Park
12-13-2005, 07:00 PM
Manu with a foot injury.

Color me suprised. :rolleyes

smeagol
12-13-2005, 11:18 PM
Color me suprised. :rolleyes
What's so surprising?

He landed on Bruce's foot in practice. Tough break.

Didn't Tim land on Big Ben's foot last year? Were you surprised then too?

Again, a weak poster making it look like this was Manu's fault.

Are you in the same camp with ducks?

"Manu gets injured so often, lets get some value for him. He contributes nothing to the team given he is always in a suit and tie" :rolleyes