PDA

View Full Version : MYSA: Big Three hurt; Ginobili will sit

TMTTRIO
12-13-2005, 02:42 AM
Big Three hurt; Ginobili will sit

Web Posted: 12/13/2005 12:00 AM CST
Johnny Ludden
San Antonio Express-News

Tony Parker has a bruised left knee, Tim Duncan needed an injection in his right foot, and they were the least of the Spurs' concerns Monday.

While Parker and Duncan expect to play tonight against the Los Angeles Clippers at the SBC Center, Manu Ginobili can't say the same. He sprained his right foot — the same one that's troubled him much of the season — in Monday's practice and likely will be sidelined for the rest of the week at least.

Ginobili underwent an MRI Monday afternoon that revealed a sprain, which is in a different spot than the bone bruise he suffered on his ankle two weeks ago.

Ginobili missed two games because of his previous injury. Team officials hope to have a better estimate of how long he will be out in the next few days. For now, he is wearing a boot to stabilize his foot.
"Other than that, everyone's healthy," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich quipped after relaying a list of injuries to the team's top three players.

Duncan didn't practice Monday after receiving a shot in his right heel to relieve inflammation in his plantar fascia, a thin layer of tissue supporting the arch of the foot. He was feeling better Monday afternoon and told Popovich he wants to play tonight but will be re-evaluated this morning.

Duncan periodically has talked of having discomfort in his foot since training camp but always called it "a little thing."

"It just hasn't gone away," Popovich said. "They tried to wait and work it out, work it out, work it out, so they did something a little more aggressive."

Plantar fasciitis, a common basketball injury, could explain why Duncan has struggled when playing on consecutive nights. He made only 5 of 14 shots in Saturday's loss in Atlanta and is averaging 13.7 points on 34.1 percent shooting in the second game of the Spurs' three back-to-backs. :depressed

"I'm sure it's his foot," Parker said. "He says he's OK, but you never know the truth.

"With me last year, from April to the playoffs, I said I was OK, but I was hurting. You don't want to say you're hurting because then Pop won't play you."

Parker is expected to play tonight, despite suffering a knee-on-knee collision with Atlanta guard Royal Ivey on Saturday. Parker said his knee stiffened Sunday but since has improved.

Limited by injuries since the start of the season, Ginobili said last week he was beginning to find his rhythm, a process that figures to take longer now. Parker said Ginobili told him he fell over Bruce Bowen during a drill at practice.

"When Manu or Tim goes down, it's panic," Parker said. "We just hope it's not like big."
Michael Finley started the previous two games Ginobili missed. Ginobili's absence also figures to increase playing time for Brent Barry, who has made 14 of 25 shots in the past six games.

"Every team gets dinged up a little bit," Popovich said. "It's part of the process. You just have to roll with it and continue to play."

Tek_XX
12-13-2005, 02:51 AM
Pop has the right attitude, ya gotta roll with the punches. The only good thing about the Ginobili injury is that Finley gets a chance to really get acclamated to what's going on.

polandprzem
12-13-2005, 03:52 AM
:pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss
Timmy and his "little thing". If he would be healthy all of his career...wow

I hope he will be okay

lilmads
12-13-2005, 08:34 AM
^ He'll be fine.. I hope...

phyzik
12-13-2005, 09:05 AM
I dont know about anyone else but I'd rather have the injury bug hit us now instead of like march or april.

bonesinaz
12-13-2005, 09:07 AM
TD will be ok.

Thinking back to Shaq's bout with this injury, some similarities but TD is in much better conditioning that Shaq was (meaning he does not weigh 300 #). That should make TD's recovery faster.

TD has tx options that the average person does not have simply because he is on an NBA team. I hope that the trainers, PTs and docs pay attention to his achilles on the side of injury and TD is compliant.

Do your stretches TD.

Crookshanks
12-13-2005, 09:56 AM
Parker said Ginobili told him he fell over Bruce Bowen during a drill at practice.

OMG - now Bruce is trying to hurt his teammates?! :lol :spin

angel_luv
12-13-2005, 11:00 AM
Plantar fasciitis, a common basketball injury, could explain why Duncan has struggled when playing on consecutive nights. He made only 5 of 14 shots in Saturday's loss in Atlanta and is averaging 13.7 points on 34.1 percent shooting in the second game of the Spurs' three back-to-backs.

Now don't you people who were picking on Timmy feel bad??!!?

"I'm sure it's his foot," Parker said. "He says he's OK, but you never know the truth.

"With me last year, from April to the playoffs, I said I was OK, but I was hurting. You don't want to say you're hurting because then Pop won't play you."

Pop takes good care of the guys.

Que Gee
12-13-2005, 11:13 AM
I didn't know TD was havin problems with the plantar fasciatis....It can be very painful. Sometimes though, as you warm up and play....the tendon actually "warms" up and becomes looser and it actually feels "better" the more you get moving.

sa_butta
12-13-2005, 11:44 AM
Lets throw in the towel guys, seasons over.

td4mvp21
12-13-2005, 01:42 PM
Will the dumb bitches that complained about Duncan so much change their minds a little now?

TDfan2007
12-13-2005, 06:46 PM
I had plantar fasciatis all of last year and I couldn't play a single game last season. But then again, I didn't have some of the best doctors in the country at my whim. My Pediatrist told me it would take about a month for it to heal if I didn't play basketball (naturally I didn't listen).

Hopefully Tim will have better luck than me

spurs=bling
12-13-2005, 07:11 PM
Lets throw in the towel guys, seasons over.
:rolleyes

ye of little faith