PDA

View Full Version : Holy Tin Hat - Richardson Wants Full Disclosure of Roswell

Nbadan
08-16-2004, 11:24 AM
Ten years after the U.S. Air Force closed its books on the claim that a UFO crashed in Roswell, N.M., in 1947, a top Democratic Party figure wants to reopen the investigation into the cosmic legend.

Despite denials by federal officials, many UFO buffs cherish the notion that in early summer of 1947, a flying saucer crashed in rural Roswell, scattering alien bodies and saucer debris across the terrain.

Now Gov. Bill Richardson of New Mexico, who chaired the recent Democratic convention in Boston, says in his foreword to a new book that "the mystery surrounding this crash has never been adequately explained -- not by independent investigators, and not by the U.S. government. ... There are as many theories as there are official explanations.

"Clearly, it would help everyone if the U.S. government disclosed everything it knows," says Richardson, who served as Energy secretary under President Bill Clinton. "The American people can handle the truth -- no matter how bizarre or mundane. ... With full disclosure and our best scientific investigation, we should be able to find out what happened on that fateful day in July 1947."

San Francisco Gate (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2004/08/16/MNGAK88OQQ1.DTL)

Hook Dem
08-16-2004, 11:36 AM
I just went through Roswell about 3 weeks ago and as best as I can tell, it is a myth that locals want to keep alive, so as to boost their economy. They even have a UFO museum there. Most of their store fronts on Main st. have little aliens men decorating the windows.

Nbadan
08-16-2004, 11:53 AM
Legends can live on without them having any basis in fact. Witness the rail road track or donkey woman legends in San Antonio.

What's fascinating about the Roswell incident, is the testimony of Bob Lezar

On his first day at Area 51 Lazar was amazed at the incredibly levels of security - 22 scientists were covered by 70 armed guards and the " camouflaged inter-connecting hangars". His identity badge bore the contract number E-67223MAJ and the inscription "DEPARTMENT OF NAVAL INTELLIGENCE". Lazars boss - Dennis Moriani - had MAJESTIC on his badge.

During his first day Lazar was given 120 blue files to read which dealt with UFOs and extraterrestrials. Although they were superficial the contents shocked him - "I could not believe it - I was fascinated"

The reports made it clear that the U.S. Government were in possession of a number of extraterrestrial craft and that autopsies had been carried out on some of the occupants. Lazar was then introduced to his job - the propulsion techniques of the craft and the possibility of inter-stellar travel.

On his second visit to Area S4 - an area within Area 51 - Lazar was taken into a hangar and shown a disc shaped craft - "it was absolutely smooth, about 40 feet wide and appeared to have been made in one piece". Lazars job was to investigate the construction and operation of its propulsion system - in order to "back engineer it"

The Why Files (http://www.thewhyfiles.co.uk/boblazar.htm)

Hook Dem
08-16-2004, 11:56 AM
If the aliens do exist and did visit, they are better at covering it up that Sadaam hiding WMD!:lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-16-2004, 03:00 PM
lol, why does it not surprise me that Dan believes in the conspiracies?

Granted I know there's some things that they can't talk about , but I've got military family and friends who have worked out there in the past. 51 was the site where we tested the capabilities of captured Russian MIGs for one thing, so of course they were under very tight security.

I suppose alien wreckage and the like could exist, but no amount of bitching by Richardson is going to change that.

Ruby Ridge
08-16-2004, 09:35 PM
Hook,

Next time you are in Roswell try and check out the museum. It is highly entertaining and the staff is what makes it worth it. Those people.......beleive.

Bandit2981
08-16-2004, 11:46 PM
there is a lot of evidence out there to suggest we have been visited by extraterrestrials before, and even to this day. however, i think the government tries to keep any real info subdued because they have so many people with a "thats all just sci-fi imagination" attitude, that to reveal aliens have visited and/or crashed here would throw a lot of people into a panic.

Nbadan
08-17-2004, 01:31 AM
there is a lot of evidence out there to suggest we have been visited by extraterrestrials before, and even to this day. however, i think the government tries to keep any real info subdued because they have so many people with a "thats all just sci-fi imagination" attitude, that to reveal aliens have visited and/or crashed here would throw a lot of people into a panic.

Not to mention that it would completely undermine the theory that our government can't keep a secret from us for more than two minutes without someone spilling the beans. If full disclosure ever did come, it will be out of necessity rather than choice.

Still, for someone like Richardson, who almost was on the democratic ticket with Kerry, to be talking about this so openly, and with such a open-mind, it is a remarkable turn of events in a very short time.

SpursWoman
08-17-2004, 01:43 AM
Next time you are in Roswell try and check out the museum. It is highly entertaining and the staff is what makes it worth it. Those people.......beleive.

I'd love to go....I like that kind of *stuff*. Not because I've ever been abducted or anything and I'm still looking for the father of my 4 headed daughson, but still....

Nbadan
08-17-2004, 04:06 AM
check this out..

A new U.K. crop circle near Silbury Hill, which appeared during two nights in August, features symbols from the ancient Mayan civilization that predicted the end of the world in 2012.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/04/uk_enl_1092327199/img/1.jpg

In bbcnews.com, Neil Leighton quotes crop circle researcher Francine Blake as saying, " The Moon has a cycle around the Earth, the Earth has a cycle around the Sun, the Solar System has a cycle in the Milky Way. That takes 26,000 years, and this particular calendar is coming to the end of that cycle. That long cycle ends in 2012—it's the end of a cycle, the end of a time. A new era is starting for the solar system. Just like the era for the Romans stopped and something else started, we are going from era to era and this is the end of one of them."

Researcher Ray Cox says, "We started out studying the subject from a scientific angle—and there is still a mystery. We still don't know their origin. They go back in decades, centuries, but these have been simple round circles, maybe with a ring round them. You didn't get the elaborate ones in years gone by. These have only happened since the 1980s."

Some people think the elaborated circles are hoaxed, while other people who examine them say there is no way people could have produced such intricate patterns in so short a time.

BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wiltshire/3552168.stm)

Bandit2981
08-17-2004, 01:37 PM
the Mayan prophecy(its actually called "The Orion Prophecy") doesnt state that the world will be ending in 2012...what it does say, however, is that in 2012 the earths magnetic field will be flipped, and there is already evidence and proof(NYT wrote about this already actually) that the magnetic field is starting to weaken in lieu of this flip. durin this change, animals start to lose their bearings because much of their migration depends on the magnetic field, and also the weather starts becoming more unusual and violent. the last time we had a magnetic field reversal it caused the ice age. the world wont end, but we are in for some rough stuff ahead. if you have noticed, ther are plenty of signs already there. the cold fronts we have had here in august that have baffled the weather people, the way hurricane Charley "unexpectedly" turned from a category 2 to a 4 in just 5 hours, the killer whales found in the warm gulf waters, blizzards in new zealand, the list really goes on and on. expect an increase in these events and more severe/unusual weather and animal behavior leading up to 2012.

Hook Dem
08-17-2004, 02:46 PM
Makes sense to me. I agree.

Hook Dem
08-18-2004, 11:06 AM
"I'd love to go....I like that kind of *stuff*. Not because I've ever been abducted or anything and I'm still looking for the father of my 4 headed daughson, but still...." .........Is your 4 headed daughson green SW?:rollin

Yonivore
08-18-2004, 04:44 PM
I say we should destroy the crop circles immediately upon discovery. They're obviously some kind of sign to approaching craft.

But, no! We're stupid and we preserve them.

We should reproduce them in places like Death Valley and France so the aliens will be fooled.

Nbadan
08-18-2004, 05:44 PM
We should reproduce them in places like Death Valley and France so the aliens will be fooled.

:lol

What if they aren't space travelers at all, but inter-dimensional travelers? I say, we find a deep black hole to hide inside of.

Ruby Ridge
08-19-2004, 12:12 AM
If the magnetic poles flip, it's Bush's fault.:angel

SpursWoman
08-19-2004, 01:44 AM
:lol

DuffMcCartney
08-19-2004, 03:28 PM
But, no! We're stupid and we preserve them.

What's wrong with that?

Nbadan
08-20-2004, 04:36 AM
Speaking of ufo's...

Unknown Object Hovering In St. Paul Sky

Aug 19, 2004 7:21 pm US/Central

St. Paul (AP) There's an unknown object hovering in the sky over the Twin Cities, and it doesn't appear to be a bird or a plane.

Meteorologist Tony Zaleski of the National Weather Service in Chanhassen says the white object appears to be higher than the white, whispy cirrus clouds, which means it's probably higher than 30,000 feet.

Although the object looked like it might be rotating, it doesn't appear to be going anywhere. Zaleski says that probably would rule out a satellite.

Patrick Hogan at the Metropolitan Airports Commission says folks in the tower at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport thought it might be a weather balloon. But Zaleski says if that's true, the Weather Service didn't release it.

WCCO (http://wcco.com/localnews/local_story_232202348.html)

Yonivore
08-20-2004, 12:05 PM
Then...someone discovered it was just the sun.