PDA

View Full Version : Did the Texans throw that game?

tlongII
12-13-2005, 03:52 PM
That had to be worst field goal attempt I've ever seen!

sa_butta
12-13-2005, 03:58 PM
That had to be worst field goal attempt I've ever seen!Im sorry I didnt see a "field goal attempt".
But do you think they are doing it on purpose to get Reggie Bush?
And if that is the case can you imagine if the 49ers are doing the same thing?
We could see a scoreless tie in the "Toilet Bowl" game on Jan 1.
Texans vs 49ers.

tlongII
12-13-2005, 04:32 PM
Kris Brown hooked a 31-yard field goal short and wide left on an untimed play with no time left even as Tennessee coach Jeff Fisher was trying to call a timeout, and the Titans held on for a 13-10 victory Sunday over the hapless Texans.

You didn't see that ugly thing?

sa_butta
12-13-2005, 04:35 PM
You didn't see that ugly thing?No I saw it but I dont call that an attempt.:lol

midgetonadonkey
12-13-2005, 04:50 PM
He's a good kicker, but that kick had to have been missed intentionally. There is no way he could be that far off.

Horry For 3!
12-13-2005, 06:21 PM
Packers could really use Reggie Bush.

hussker
12-13-2005, 07:23 PM
My boy from Nebraska tanked it...

hussker
12-13-2005, 08:05 PM
reggie bush will Burn the texans..mark my word

Ditto...
Archie Griffin
Steve Spurrier
Ty Detmer
Rashaan Salaam
Jason White
Gino Torretta
Charlie Ward
Eric Crouch (yes...I said it)
Chris "Granpa" Weinke
Ricky Williams
Ron Dayne
Danny Wuerffel
Andre Ware
Pat Sullivan
Gary Beban
Steve Owens
Johnny Rodgers (OK, I said that too)
John Huarte
John Cappelletti

Heisman ne'er do wells in my lifetime... (not PERSONALLY, professionally)

Beerjitsu
12-13-2005, 10:30 PM
Ditto...
Archie Griffin
Steve Spurrier
Ty Detmer
Rashaan Salaam
Jason White
Gino Torretta
Charlie Ward
Eric Crouch (yes...I said it)
Chris "Granpa" Weinke
Ricky Williams
Ron Dayne
Danny Wuerffel
Andre Ware
Pat Sullivan
Gary Beban
Steve Owens
Johnny Rodgers (OK, I said that too)
John Huarte
John Cappelletti

Heisman ne'er do wells in my lifetime... (not PERSONALLY, professionally)

Heisman winning running backs seem to have a fairly decent track record in the NFL actually. OJ Simpson, Earl Campbell, Tony Dorsett, Marcus Allen, Herschel Walker, Bo Jackson and Barry Sanders all won it and did pretty darn good in the pros. And of more recent vintage, Eddie George and Ricky Williams (before he succumbed to reefer madness). It seems like it's the Heisman winning QB's that have the biggest chance of crashing and burning spectacularly in the league *cough*Andre Ware*cough*.

exstatic
12-13-2005, 11:18 PM
Reggie Bush is the real deal. If he strugggles, it will be because of the Texan's suck-ass line. I think at some point if he's on a good team, he'll make a run at the single season all-purpose yards records, which I think is ~ 2300+ yards.

The player he is most compared to is Gale Sayers. I just hope he doesn't wind up with an injury shortened career like Gale because he's on a horrible team. Whatever team drafts him....I'm picking their defense for returns purposes for my fantasy team.

ShoogarBear
12-14-2005, 11:55 AM
Heisman QBs are always suspect in the NFL.

Heisman running backs, however, are a pretty decent bet. Ricky Williams, despite being a collosal flake, doesn't belong on the flop list. Neither does Steve Owens, a 1000-yard rusher whose career was cut short by injuries.

chode_regulator
12-14-2005, 05:33 PM
i think the texans need to worry more about their line than getting a new running back. as already stated they ahve someone who can rush for 1000+ yds with taht shitty line, beef up the line damnit.

ShoogarBear
12-14-2005, 05:44 PM
Yeah, I brought up that point before.

The reply was that Reggie Bush is to Dominick Davis as Barry Sanders was to O.J. Anderson.

However, it seems if you could get two good starting offensive linemen for Bush, you'd have to consider it.

Obstructed_View
12-14-2005, 07:25 PM
Here's how you know if he tanked the kick:

If he's still the kicker at the start of next year, then yes. I wouldn't do something like that for my team that would get me cut.

CrashMag
12-15-2005, 11:52 PM
i would give up a game for the bush..... the season is a loss
any way

Beerjitsu
12-16-2005, 12:02 AM
i would give up a game for the bush..... the season is a loss
any way

I'm not sure Bush would be an instant cure for the Texans, as good as he is. They've got to shore up that O-line. A back who's a combination of Walter Peyton, Earl Campbell and Barry Sanders wouldn't be able to do crap running behind that P.O.S. line.

If they could trade the pick and get enough quality lineman to keep Carr off his ass long enough to actually throw the ball...I'd think about pulling the trigger.

vincerodriguez23
12-16-2005, 01:49 AM
o i defintiely think they lost on purpose so they can get reggie bush. i cant wait how the game will turn out to be when they play the niners.

GrandeDavid
12-18-2005, 02:59 PM
Im sorry I didnt see a "field goal attempt".
But do you think they are doing it on purpose to get Reggie Bush?
And if that is the case can you imagine if the 49ers are doing the same thing?
We could see a scoreless tie in the "Toilet Bowl" game on Jan 1.
Texans vs 49ers.

That would be hilarious! Then we'll get to hear hollow quotes from both sides about how every game matters, and that professionals always play to win. :lol

GrandeDavid
12-18-2005, 03:00 PM
Heisman QBs are always suspect in the NFL.

Heisman running backs, however, are a pretty decent bet. Ricky Williams, despite being a collosal flake, doesn't belong on the flop list. Neither does Steve Owens, a 1000-yard rusher whose career was cut short by injuries.

Good point, although I'm sure the Bengals would remind us about Ki-Jana Carter blowing out his knee and ruining his career in that very instant on a routine handoff in a preseason game before his rookie season. Tragic!

Horry For 3!
12-18-2005, 03:29 PM
Texans are whipping the Cardinals ass right now

Marcus Bryant
12-18-2005, 06:00 PM
Ugh. Texans were unable to come up with the loss today. Coupled with a clutch one point loss by the 49ers, the Texans' lead is in serious jeopardy.

ShoogarBear
12-18-2005, 11:47 PM
Ah, it was always going to boil down to the Stupor Bowl in Week 17 anyway.

gameFACE
12-20-2005, 12:58 AM
You could also refer to the Jan 1 showdown as The Toilet Bowl if the Texans and Niners both win or both lose this weekend. The winner gets shit and the loser gets Bush.

Really though, the Jets, Saints and Packers are all still close in the running for Bush.