PDA

View Full Version : One of the best lines I've ever heard.

easjer
12-14-2005, 10:38 AM
Last night on a reality show (The Amazing Race, Family Edition) that I did not watch season long, but watched last night since nothing else was on.

This girl was furious that they'd lost their lead and thought the task was stupid and said she wasn't going to do anymore. And then spit this line at the camera:

"If I don't do it, it doesn't make me less of a better person."

I so want that on a t-shirt. "It doesn't make me less of a better person."

Any to add?

greywheel
12-14-2005, 10:45 AM
I am guessing this a quote from one of the Weaver girls. The family was most annoying all season. They spent most of their time complaining that the others teams did not like them and then proceed to be mean and make fun of them.

easjer
12-14-2005, 10:49 AM
I am guessing this a quote from one of the Weaver girls. The family was most annoying all season. They spent most of their time complaining that the others teams did not like them and then proceed to be mean and make fun of them.

Indeed! It was one of the Weaver girls, though I couldn't tell you which one. Having skipped this season in protest of the whole idea, I can't tell them apart. But I did notice their propensity to express their love of the baby Jesus and their hate of anyone who was not a Weaver in the same breath.

Can't wait until February when my wonderful TAR will be back. I love that show - one of the best on TV when they are doing some ridiculous cheesy concept like a family edition.

pache100
12-14-2005, 11:19 AM

I couldn't stand the Weavers from day one. I got so tired of them using their "religion" when it suited them and forgetting it when they wanted to be nasty. And, geez, they could be nasty. If that woman had whined, "It's sooo unfaaaiiir!" one more time last night, I would have screamed. Everyone had to do the same thing at the stadium; why was it only unfair to THEM??? The other teams didn't whine, they just did what they had to do and got on with the race. I'd rather that the Weavers had not finished in the top 3 at all. I didn't like the Bransens much better; that was the whiney-est man I have ever seen. How he ever raised such tough girls is beyond me. Mr. Bransen and Mrs. Weaver should get together. :lol

The Paolos were really annoying, too. And so were the Gaghans (but those two little kids were tough cookies, I have to admit!).

I was glad the Linzes won; except for the Black family (who were eliminated fairly early), I liked them best.

Edit:

Oh! And when Mrs. Weaver told her kids...as they were driving across Lake Ponchartrain in New Orleans..."Lake Ponchartrain is one of the Great Lakes.", I nearly fell off my couch laughing at her stupidity (she's a TEACHER for crying out loud). And, the whole race track thing with the Weavers got really old. GET OVER IT! And it was amusing when the Schroeders got lost in New Orleans, too, considering that's WHERE THEY LIVE!

Cant_Be_Faded
12-14-2005, 12:15 PM
I've lost everything

Extra Stout
12-14-2005, 12:17 PM
Indeed! It was one of the Weaver girls, though I couldn't tell you which one. Having skipped this season in protest of the whole idea, I can't tell them apart. But I did notice their propensity to express their love of the baby Jesus and their hate of anyone who was not a Weaver in the same breath.

Can't wait until February when my wonderful TAR will be back. I love that show - one of the best on TV when they are doing some ridiculous cheesy concept like a family edition.
Or maybe they'll do a series where it's all Stepford families with precocious little kids, and they just drive around Wisconsin all season.

greywheel
12-14-2005, 01:17 PM
Or maybe they'll do a series where it's all Stepford families with precocious little kids, and they just drive around Wisconsin all season.

As long as you put them in buggies and make sure at least one person is run over every week.

easjer
12-14-2005, 01:22 PM
If I could do any show it would TAR.

But with kids? Never.

*shudder*