PDA

View Full Version : should the pack try to get leinart??

chode_regulator
12-14-2005, 05:34 PM
with favre on the backside of a tremendous career should the pack go ahead and get a replacement qb now? im not sure if they have a chance now to get him since they decided to go ahead and win on sunday night but if they did i would imagine favre could teach him a thing or two over the next season or so.

SA Gunslinger
12-14-2005, 06:34 PM
If Leinart falls in their lap, I would say yes. But they have Aaron Rodgers. He hasn't even had a look yet. Before giving up on a first round pick, you should see what he can do.

They need help in many areas. I think they should pickup the best available player, regardless of the position.

Obstructed_View
12-14-2005, 07:23 PM
They fucked their team this year to take Rodgers when they should have drafted for need. Taking another QB would be expected, but yet again stupid. They'd be better off trading the pick, as would Houston.

scott
12-14-2005, 07:46 PM
Texans should take Leinart. Carr blows.

chode_regulator
12-14-2005, 08:29 PM
i agree with ov--pack and texans should trade their picks for 3 or 4 picks and, in the texans case, try to get some linemen
i disagree. why trade your pics and then take someone. just take who you want. although some teams i guess would be pretty willing to pay alot for the number one pick.

chode_regulator
12-14-2005, 08:30 PM
i disagree with OV though and agree with gunslinger. tey need to beef up somewhere. not just pretend that this season is a fluke and that nothing is wrong.
and the texans....well i dont even know where to start. they are pretty dissapointing thus far though.

Supreme Allah
12-14-2005, 09:14 PM
i disagree with OV though and agree with gunslinger. tey need to beef up somewhere. not just pretend that this season is a fluke and that nothing is wrong.
and the texans....well i dont even know where to start. they are pretty dissapointing thus far though.

The season WAS a fluke. People dont realize that when you lose your offensive playmakers, its hard to run an offense. The defense has been solid, its just that when your receivers are Donald Driver and Robert Ferguson, you are not going to be successful.

If Walker stays healthy I say we are a 6-7 win team right now, and anyone that watches the packers knows this.

exstatic
12-14-2005, 09:17 PM
i disagree. why trade your pics and then take someone. just take who you want. although some teams i guess would be pretty willing to pay alot for the number one pick.

Easy. You can turn someone into someones. Houston may be able to drop down and get a late 1, a 2, and a 3 for their pick, and stock up their sad O-line. They need that a lot more than another high pick at a skill position.

Guru of Nothing
12-14-2005, 10:00 PM
Easy. You can turn someone into someones. Houston may be able to drop down and get a late 1, a 2, and a 3 for their pick, and stock up their sad O-line. They need that a lot more than another high pick at a skill position.

Herschel Walker quickly comes to mind. ... and so does Sam Bowie.

scott
12-14-2005, 10:22 PM
i will have a hard time going for any choad who played for usc

it will take a 1,000+ yard rushing season or an 85+ qb rating season

Well there is your problem... you are rooting for the Texans!

Horry For 3!
12-14-2005, 10:26 PM
Leinart won't fall to the Packers, even then I don't think Packers would draft Leinart.

scott
12-14-2005, 10:36 PM
The Packers will be drafting anywhere from 3rd to 5th... don't see why Leinart wouldn't be there if Houston and San Fran are picking ahead of them. If the Pack are drafting 5th with the Titans and Saints ahead of them, however, I think its safe to say Matt will not be available for Green Bay.

There are a few teams would could be interested in moving up to grab Matt... Arizona, Baltimore, and Detroit come to mind.

Teams drafting late in rounds typically don't have the ammo to move up to the very top - unless they have 2 first rounders to offer up in addition to other picks. The only team with 2 #1's this year is Denver I believe. Reggie Bush in Denver? Now THAT is scary.

chode_regulator
12-14-2005, 11:32 PM
The season WAS a fluke. People dont realize that when you lose your offensive playmakers, its hard to run an offense. The defense has been solid, its just that when your receivers are Donald Driver and Robert Ferguson, you are not going to be successful.

If Walker stays healthy I say we are a 6-7 win team right now, and anyone that watches the packers knows this.
eehhhhhhh....actually i do watch packers games and consider myself a quasi packers fan. not my favorite team but i definitely pull for htem unless theyre playing the chiefs or jags. thier team is not waht it used to be even before injuries and the receivers they ahve are not the problem. i guess its the receivers fault taht favre has so many picks?

exactly. i guess waht i should have said is why drop and pick someone who would be a lower draft when you could just pick him before others would. but theni aquiesced to the fact taht yes a high first round draft pick would be worth alot to some teams, as i stated when you quoted me.
and yes its very likely taht leinart would be there for the pack if they kept their pick. and detroit would be stupid to use anotehr high first round draft on a qb.

Guru of Nothing
12-14-2005, 11:52 PM
and detroit would be stupid to use anotehr high first round draft on a qb.

I'm guessing the Lions will draft a WR in round one, in this upcoming draft; unless they really do hire Jimmy Johnson.

chode_regulator
12-15-2005, 03:14 AM
im not real sure who they need to draft but i would go with defense as you can always use more d. the other thing is teams who suck need to realize tha tby drafting a couple of good players and hiring a good coach doesnt mean yuo get success right away. look at the cowgirls. theyure finally starting to at least be respectable again and it didnt happen overngiht. but JJ stuck with a coach and isnt just wasting 1st round picks and then trading them away the next season.

TheTruth
12-15-2005, 07:34 AM
Teams drafting late in rounds typically don't have the ammo to move up to the very top - unless they have 2 first rounders to offer up in addition to other picks. The only team with 2 #1's this year is Denver I believe. Reggie Bush in Denver? Now THAT is scary.
Mr. Bush would look fantastic in my sig. I can see Mike Shannahan's crazy little mind just dreaming about Reggie Bush running in his system. Our two firsts and our 3rd and Tatum Bell for the #1 pick.

sa_butta
12-15-2005, 09:55 AM
I dont think so they havent even given Aaron Rodgers a shot yet. But word is they may send him to NFL Europe for some development. If Farve Retire (which I think he should) then they should work on Rodgers and draft defense.

Obstructed_View
12-15-2005, 10:38 AM
If the Packers were 6-7 right now they'd still be out of the playoffs. If they'd managed to get a starting offensive lineman and a defensive starter out of the draft they could have hoped to be competing for the division. Injuries are not the only reason they suck this year.

chode_regulator
12-15-2005, 10:49 AM
exactly my point

ducks
12-15-2005, 12:28 PM
if I was the packers I would start over
fire the coach and trade favre

leinart is a proven winner rodgers is not

if I am houston I pick leinart
trade carr

Duff McCartney
12-15-2005, 12:31 PM
Texans should take Leinart. Carr blows.

Agreed. An even bigger disappointment is that the same college coach that Carr had (Jeff Tedford) is the same one that Aaron Rodgers had.

They are both gonna suck.

Horry For 3!
12-15-2005, 01:16 PM

trade carr
Have you not ever listened to anything? Favre would never play for any other team, he would just retire. Also he said if Mike Sherman gets fired then he is probably going to retire.

chode_regulator
12-15-2005, 02:56 PM

trade carr
and how is carr a shitty qb? does pretty well since hes the most sacked and most hit qb in the league. lets see how well anyone does with a crappy line. leinart def wouldnt have the stats he did if he had no time to throw.

Sports Writer JJ
12-15-2005, 03:25 PM
Texans should draft Brickshaw ferguson or trade down.

Green Bay needs ALOT of help. They should trade down as well, If they cant, maybe they look at DeAngelo Williams or Mario Williams or p[erhaps Mercedes Lewis, Go OT in the second AND Third...

There is really good value at OT this year...

Denver should keep the 2 firsts and get Mahelona (DT) and Derek Hagan (WR)

Oh, Gee!!
12-15-2005, 03:55 PM
Who's backing Favre now/ haven't they put money and time into a young QB already?

Rescueone
12-15-2005, 05:20 PM
i agree with ov--pack and texans should trade their picks for 3 or 4 picks and, in the texans case, try to get some linemen

Whoever gets to pick #1, No way in hell you pass on Bush! Linemen usually go in the later rounds. If you can get a franschise back with your first pick, you take him without hesitation, then the Texans can take linemen with all the rest of their picks if they wish. Why let that type of player slip thru your fingers when you have a chance to grab him, then go to a already solid team that has two low picks and make them a whole lot better with Bush?

Rescueone
12-15-2005, 05:30 PM
Bush goes #1
Vince Young goes #2
Leinart 3rd

Let the follies begin! The loser of that San Fran vs Houston game gets Bush!

Obstructed_View
12-15-2005, 06:15 PM
im not real sure who they need to draft but i would go with defense as you can always use more d. the other thing is teams who suck need to realize tha tby drafting a couple of good players and hiring a good coach doesnt mean yuo get success right away. look at the cowgirls. theyure finally starting to at least be respectable again and it didnt happen overngiht. but JJ stuck with a coach and isnt just wasting 1st round picks and then trading them away the next season.
Jones finally hired an actual coach. Dave Campo was a laughing stock.

chode_regulator
12-15-2005, 10:01 PM
Who's backing Favre now/ haven't they put money and time into a young QB already?
already been stated several times in the thread.

chode_regulator
12-15-2005, 10:02 PM
Whoever gets to pick #1, No way in hell you pass on Bush! Linemen usually go in the later rounds. If you can get a franschise back with your first pick, you take him without hesitation, then the Texans can take linemen with all the rest of their picks if they wish. Why let that type of player slip thru your fingers when you have a chance to grab him, then go to a already solid team that has two low picks and make them a whole lot better with Bush?
why not pass on bush. trade the picks if you dont need him or draft someone else. make him not be the numer one pick and laugh at the media response for weeks anmd months afterwards. and you can pick lineman in early rounds. happens more frequently than thought.

Rescueone
12-16-2005, 05:18 PM
why not pass on bush. trade the picks if you dont need him or draft someone else. make him not be the numer one pick and laugh at the media response for weeks anmd months afterwards. and you can pick lineman in early rounds. happens more frequently than thought.

Why, because the guy can run the damn ball! If I was Denver, Whoever has the first pick next year I'd give them my two #1 picks in a heart beat to get Bush! Then I would laugh while they take two linemen and not upgrade that team at the skilled position. Linemen usually go in later rounds and in free agency unless someone is a bad ass in college. Some people thought Mike Williams was a bad ass, but he turned out to be a lame duck. Just ask any Bills fan! One should never pass up a franchise back when they are in desperate need of one. That would be plain stupid. I'm not a Texan fan, but I know their defense keeps them in games, they are in need of a franchise back, and linemen. They can take care of all those needs in the draft. if they draft Bush #1 look for them to make the rest of their picks on the offensive line.

chode_regulator
12-18-2005, 09:31 AM
Why, because the guy can run the damn ball! If I was Denver, Whoever has the first pick next year I'd give them my two #1 picks in a heart beat to get Bush! Then I would laugh while they take two linemen and not upgrade that team at the skilled position. Linemen usually go in later rounds and in free agency unless someone is a bad ass in college. Some people thought Mike Williams was a bad ass, but he turned out to be a lame duck. Just ask any Bills fan! One should never pass up a franchise back when they are in desperate need of one. That would be plain stupid. I'm not a Texan fan, but I know their defense keeps them in games, they are in need of a franchise back, and linemen. They can take care of all those needs in the draft. if they draft Bush #1 look for them to make the rest of their picks on the offensive line.
the texans already have their "franchise player" in carr and a solid back that is rushing for over 1000 yds. and to eveyrone who says carr sucks, how can you konw? when hes been sacked over 200 times in his career already. get some fucking lineman and quit trying to draft the next biggest thing. the texans need playerS right now not player. beef up the goddamn line add a linebacker or db and start heading in the right direction.