PDA

View Full Version : Need Work

katyon6th
12-15-2005, 01:59 PM
My company is giving its employees 3 weeks of (unpaid)vacation and apparently mine starts after tomorrow. I just think it's freakin' ridiculous since I can't afford it, especially with it being the holidays. Actually, I think it's downright mean. Jerks.

I hope someone will hire me. Any ideas?

Trainwreck2100
12-15-2005, 02:06 PM
Ramen is your friend

12-15-2005, 02:06 PM
Short-term layoff right before Christmas. I think if it was me I'd tell whoever you work for to piss up a rope.

What line of work are you into?

fraga
12-15-2005, 02:09 PM
Yeah...what "company" is this...

SpursWoman
12-15-2005, 02:18 PM
I have no idea what you're looking for, but I was just at Party City on 281/Bitters and they are looking for part-time help I think ....

That sucks. :depressed

katyon6th
12-15-2005, 02:28 PM
I won't say the company name but I work in the music industy in the graphics department. They say the 3 weeks is for them to do inventory. My freakin' ass.

fraga
12-15-2005, 02:53 PM
What genre of music???

Kori Ellis
12-15-2005, 03:29 PM
That sucks Katy.

Your best bet (though it will probably suck) is get work at the mall. I think they will easily hire you temporarily.

Good luck.

TheTruth
12-15-2005, 04:01 PM
fucking pieces of shit.

quit.

you can do better.

Kip Fanatic
12-15-2005, 04:08 PM
Of course retail stores are hiring for the holidays. Other than that I can't think of anything else. I hope you get back on your feet. I'll pray that God will open another door for you.

timvp
12-15-2005, 04:13 PM
I have no idea what you're looking for, but I was just at Party City on 281/Bitters and they are looking for part-time help I think ....

Damn, that place hasn't been burned down yet? Too bad.

That is the exact location of Party City that a 17-year-old timvp worked for two weeks. Sucked. The two managers there were a toothless, gay black guy and a lesbian chick who both said I was the slowest worker they'd ever seen.

It didn't help that I refused advances from the toothless wonder and made the lesbian jealous.

:angel :smokin

Hook Dem
12-15-2005, 04:22 PM

That is the exact location of Party City that a 17-year-old timvp worked for two weeks. Sucked. The two managers there were a toothless, gay black guy and a lesbian chick who both said I was the slowest worker they'd ever seen.

It didn't help that I refused advances from the toothless wonder and made the lesbian jealous.

:angel :smokin
Damn LJ!!!! You've really come up in the world. Look at you now...........married to the Princess. :lol

katyon6th
12-15-2005, 04:31 PM
What genre of music???

Are you looking for a record deal?

SpursWoman
12-15-2005, 04:37 PM

I don't know about burned down ... but they were just about wiped out of Christmas stuff..I have to make 50 treat bags for my kids' parties tomorrow and they were out of everything. :cuss

I guess they were pretty busy, though, since they were out of *stuff*. I just noticed the sign on the door when I was walking in.

If those people still own it, 3 weeks might just be enough. :lol

fraga
12-15-2005, 04:44 PM
Are you looking for a record deal?
No...just trying to figure out who you work for without you actually having to say where..

SequSpur
12-15-2005, 05:34 PM
I don't know about burned down ... but they were just about wiped out of Christmas stuff..I have to make 50 treat bags for my kids' parties tomorrow and they were out of everything. :cuss

I guess they were pretty busy, though, since they were out of *stuff*. I just noticed the sign on the door when I was walking in.

If those people still own it, 3 weeks might just be enough. :lol

user error...

procrastinator

SpursWoman
12-15-2005, 05:42 PM
No shit ... I have to make a bunch of cookies, too. :oops

spurschick
12-15-2005, 06:09 PM
PM me your resume

Cant_Be_Faded
12-15-2005, 06:10 PM
My company is giving its employees 3 weeks of (unpaid)vacation and apparently mine starts after tomorrow. I just think it's freakin' ridiculous since I can't afford it, especially with it being the holidays. Actually, I think it's downright mean. Jerks.

I hope someone will hire me. Any ideas?

Sell cutco knives to your rich friends and their parents. It can bring in mad bank for a couple weeks until you run out of people to sell to.

SpursWoman
12-15-2005, 06:42 PM
Sell cutco knives to your rich friends and their parents. It can bring in mad bank for a couple weeks until you run out of people to sell to.

I at least made it through the training...... :lmao :lmao :lmao