PDA

View Full Version : Spurs preseason in Europe

Egg
12-15-2005, 06:29 PM
Hi! Im a big fan of the spurs living in germany!

I saw on the nba frontpage that the spurs were going to play the suns in cologne in a mini-tournament...

But the article says its 76ers vs Suns :(

It would be the first time I can see them live!

Can someone confirm this please?

thx

Kori Ellis
12-15-2005, 06:32 PM
This is what I was told...

The Spurs will travel to Lyon, France for training camp and play a game against the French team Adecco ASVEL Lyon-Villeurbanne at the Astroballe on Oct. 5. The team will then travel to Paris for a game against two-time Euroleague Basketball Champions Maccabi Elite Tel Aviv at the Paris-Bercy on Oct. 8. The Clippers will travel to Moscow for training camp at the Universal Sport Hall CSKA and play games against CSKA Moscow and Unics Kazan Oct. 6-8.

NBA Europe Live presented by EA SPORTS™ will conclude with a tournament at the Kölnarena in Cologne, Germany. The tournament will feature games between the 76ers and the Suns and the 2005-06 Euroleague Basketball Champion vs. the Euroleague Basketball runner-up on Oct. 10. The finale will feature matchups on Oct. 11 between the winners and the runners-up of each game. Information on ticket sales for each game of the tour will be announced at a later date.

http://www.woai.com/spurs/story.aspx?content_id=484BEBA4-6E8A-4833-9783-1772379DC0A2

Egg
12-15-2005, 06:35 PM
so it was a mistake...

well I guess Ill have to take the thalys to paris :depressed

Streakyshooter08
12-16-2005, 05:27 AM
Hey, where are you in Germany??? Wie gehts? :)

Egg
12-16-2005, 06:58 AM
in aachen :)

I think we alredy talked bout it

Egg
12-16-2005, 06:59 AM
hm by the way strekyshooter... we can go together to paris if u want heheh

Streakyshooter08
12-16-2005, 07:49 AM
Right, I remember, we already talked about it! How are you doing over there? I had a lot to do the last couple of weeks. I am a little disappointed that the Spurs are not comming to Cologne but Paris is fine as well. I don't know where to get tickets but I hope I will find it out soon. I hope they won't be too expensive. Because if they are I would have to stick in Germany and watch the Suns play Philly, not bad either but I would prefer the Spurs... :)

Dario
12-16-2005, 09:22 AM
Asvel will be a light practice, they have the same team as every year (talented, but so soft, that you can crush them with a no talent team with a strong will to win)
Maccabi vs spurs game on the other hand will be a big monster. Those euro guys will do anything to win a NBA champ and spurs will do anything that it ain't going to happen.
I predict a close game.

Egg
12-16-2005, 10:03 AM
well from here in aachen you can get to paris for bout 50 euro... with thalys and its super fast...

I dont remember where you live, but you can come to aachen and then go together...

cologne is for me free anyway, cause Ive got my students ticket..

boutons
12-16-2005, 10:37 AM
Americans going Paris for the Spurs game should also take the TGV from Paris to/from Lyons for the Villeurbanne game, to experience a first-class (continental) European train service.

There was a project proposed for Texas for TGV about 10 years ago:

http://www.trainweb.org/tgvpages/texastgv.html

... says that Southwest lobbied against (aka, corrupting the pure saints in the TX legislature), but probably all the airlines serving SA, HOU, DAL lobbied to kill it. Interesting that TX state funds were prohibited from the project, but their are 100s of $M of TX state funds for roads, so probably the auto mfrs/dealers and road contractors were involved in killing the project, too.