PDA

View Full Version : For the UofA FB fans on this board...

JMarkJohns
12-15-2005, 07:12 PM
... usckk, rubberducky, etc...

University of Arizona just pulled off a coup, landing the #1 ranked JUCO player in the nation, snagging the 6-5, 280 pound defensive end from the likes of USC, Oklahoma, Ohio State, LSU, Florida, Florida State, UCLA, Tennessee...

Huge get... Welcome to Tucson, Louis Holmes.

BTW, The Wildcats are on the verge of a top-10 class nationally with the potential to get a top-5. They are currently in the top-2 for three more four star recruits.

I know this is Big-12 country, but for the UA fans on this board and for history, I thought it important. Top-20 class this past year, top-10 next year, stealing recruits from USC, CAL, UCLA... Pac-10 is in for a surprise.

IceColdBrewski
12-15-2005, 07:22 PM
There aren't many of us here, but thanx for the info. Hopefully Stoops is around long enough to make it a respectable program again.

JMarkJohns
12-15-2005, 07:28 PM
There were a lot of schools going hard for this guy. He's as can't miss as they come from the JUCO ranks. He'd taken three visits (two unofficial) to USC within the last few months. By all accounts he was theres. Stoops just sold him on the experience of coming in and immediately helping UA became a PAC-10 contender. Most people forget. The last two year's they've really battled just about every game they've played.

UA!

Horry For 3!
12-15-2005, 07:49 PM
I like Hassan Adams from Arizona.

JMarkJohns
12-15-2005, 09:11 PM
UA basketball is down this year. I've followed them for since the early 90's and have never seens a team this bad. Lots of talent, no teamwork or offensive know-how.

I like Adams, but this team needs to bench Rogers and relegate Shakur to a back-up role and start JP Prince (Teyshaun's cuz) and Marcus Williams. Those two, along with top-10 2006 recruit Budinger and top-25 talent, though academically challenged Jawann McClellan will consitute next year's fina four nucleas. Throw in a senior Radenavic and Walters alongside a physically improved Mohoumed Tangara and they'll be as tough as they come.

Still, this may be the most important recruit ever at UA. Including Basketball. This kid was a USC commit by all accounts, took one, last minute visit to UA to cover all his bases, talked with the coaches, checked Stoop's defensive resume and decided to start for a team on the rise, rather than just be another name for USC.

JMarkJohns
12-16-2005, 01:44 AM
Umm... This just in. TE/DE A.J. Simmons has just verbaled to UofA!

Again, folks here probably don't care, but in the past week, the Wildcats have received two five star commits, four four star commits and have stolen two of them from USC. They are still in on four other four and five star recruits, including a five star wideout and a five star cornerback.

They are really puttin' a class together. I figure since everyone here is rooting against USC, that they'd want to know that the "Swarm" is back!

It's unfreakinbelievable!

JMarkJohns
12-17-2005, 04:49 AM
Haha, it's been a great few days for UA... Ths just in, a 3-star Colorado verbal has dropped UC in favor of UA. Signed, sealed and delivered!

Deandre Reed
Weakside defensive end/linebacker
Moreno Valley (CA)
Rancho Verde

Height: 6-foot-3.5
Weight: 205 pounds
40-yard dash: 4.73 seconds

Supposedly his instincts are some of the best seen in recent years as he has a nose for the QB and is as fast off the count as anyone. With some added muscle, he's going to be a stud in 2006!

UA is still in line with two more 5-stars, two more 4-stars and a 3-star safety transfer from your very own University of Texas. One Mr. Bobby Tatum... His brother Branden is a UA player.

Brutalis
12-19-2005, 12:52 PM
UA = Arkansas or Alabama way before it's Arizona.

pfffftttttt.

JMarkJohns
12-19-2005, 02:44 PM
Give me a break on Arkansas... I'll give you Alabama, but it's not like they didn't have a drastic fall off in recent years, only to hire a good young coach that reserected that university.

Arizona was one of the worst teams in college football. They had bums from the previous coach that needed weeding out. They've now done that.

You wait and watch. Next year a winning season and a bowl. The next, a top two or three position in the Pac-10.

JMarkJohns
12-21-2005, 12:12 PM
Tee hee....

University of Arizona is in the lead for another 4-Star, in the top two (with UNLV) for another 4-Star (who's said he wants to play in the Pac-10 and will visist UA in the coming weeks) and in the top five with three more 4/3-Star recruits.

They just pulled in Tatum from ol' UT via transfer *for 2007...

They already have a top-10 recruiting class according to Rivals, tops in the Pac-10 (two spots ahead of UCLA and ten spots ahead of USC). Add another two or three 4-Star recruits and UA could have a top-5 class.

In their last five games, half the guys they played were true freshman, redshirt freshman or sophomores. They could have won every one of those games (vs. Oregon, vs. Oregon State, vs. UCLA, vs. Washington, vs. ASU).

I really do expect a top-4 team next year and a Bowl.

JMarkJohns
12-21-2005, 12:18 PM
Here's former Texas commit, now 2006 Arizona gem, Derke Robinson. Photo was published in the Dallas Morning News...

http://tinypic.com/iqivcy.jpg

No doubt what the "A" stands for there!

JMarkJohns
01-27-2006, 01:44 AM
Tee hee! Stole another one!

Devin Ross, COME ON DOWN! You're the latest 4-star recruit to join the UA!

USC was riding him hard the past month. In the end, Ross couldn't see any benefit to playing anywhere other than Arizona!

KewlKat00
01-27-2006, 02:25 AM
i just read that. congrats. i was hoping we would get him tonight. but at least travon committed.

JMarkJohns
01-27-2006, 03:07 PM
:lol @ arizona football

Laugh now, not later. You'll get yours. Arizona is on the rise. Stop the hatin' on Stoops. His first two full classes have been monsters (top-25, top-15).

Arizona is still in on 5-star wideout Jamere Holland who will likely choose between USC, UCLA and Arizona. He and Ross are very good friends.

bull62400
01-27-2006, 04:20 PM
Laugh now, not later. You'll get yours. Arizona is on the rise. Stop the hatin' on Stoops. His first two full classes have been monsters (top-25, top-15).

Arizona is still in on 5-star wideout Jamere Holland who will likely choose between USC, UCLA and Arizona. He and Ross are very good friends.
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/whocares3.jpg

JMarkJohns
01-27-2006, 09:49 PM
Wrong bull, I'm just exercizing my right to free assembly. It seems to me that those I named and a few others have shown interest, so just because you're too ignorant to know what's up doesn't mean the rest of the community has their collective head up their ass.

As for elpimpo, ya from Southbend? if not, quit talkin' out of your bandwagon ridin' ass and follow a local school. Maybe a horse that isn't prominant at winning. Let's see. You like the Spurs (Champions), you like Notre Dame (College of Football in North America)... I'm seeing a pattern and it's NOT regional.

Sure, Arizona has been a joke since Desert Swarm, but because they've been, doesn't mean 'twill always be. Just look at USC. Seven years ago, they were nothing. a few short years later they are co-national Champion, National Champion and National Champion runner up.

It can change in the blink of an eye and it tends to start with good recruiting classes and a good coach and Arizona's finally got both.

JMarkJohns
01-27-2006, 09:56 PM
Tee hee!!! Just because I can!

JMarkJohns
01-28-2006, 11:05 PM
i'm not from southbend
i'm from victoria, tx.

i did, however, live in south bend for 4 years while i was obtaining a degree from notre dame

eat my shit :lol

I guess you skipped all the English lectures...

Just giving you a hard time. Frankly, Arizona deserves to be slammed for as bad as they've been, but as I've said before, a good coach and a few good classes is all that's needed. They now have both.

It wasn't too long ago that Notre Dame was a break-even program. Bad years happen.

JMarkJohns
02-02-2006, 08:26 PM
Well, UA got two of the four main targets they had remaining, losig the two others to none other than USC.

Lost CJ Gable and Jamere Holland. Both literally turned into five-star prospects once they committed to USC. They were four-star prior to committing.

Got Devin Ross and Gabe Long. Both literally turned into four-star prospects once they commtted to Arizona. They were five-star prior to committing.

Strange, don't ya think?

Anyway, USC wound up with the best class in the Pac-10 (and arguably Nation), followed by Arizona (in the Pac) who is ranked anywhere from about 12th to 18th.

Good luck to the USC fans and to all of Big-12 country.

Can't wait for next year to get started!

JMarkJohns
02-02-2006, 09:38 PM
I never bad mouthed Notre Dame.

I wish good luck, because if a team I root for loses, I want it to be because they were the lesser team or because if the team I root for wins, I want it to be against the oppositions best.

I hate USC... The "good luck" is pure sportsmanship, sprinkled with a hint of selfishness.

KewlKat00
02-02-2006, 10:14 PM
Lost CJ Gable and Jamere Holland. Both literally turned into five-star prospects once they committed to USC. They were four-star prior to committing.

Got Devin Ross and Gabe Long. Both literally turned into four-star prospects once they commtted to Arizona. They were five-star prior to committing.

i don't remember what gable was before he announced he was coming to sc, but according to scout holland is still a four star.

if i remember correctly devin ross was a four star on the day he committed. i don't know much about gabe long except that he was a five star in sc's class last year, but didn't qualify so he went to a junior college.

considering all the close games arizona lost, the new quarterback, and the good recruiting class i definitely think they will be in the top of the pac-10. ucla and oregon both lost alot, and didn't have great recruiting classes (esp. oregon). i think usc, cal, and arizona will be at the top next season.

JMarkJohns
02-02-2006, 10:18 PM
I mistook Holland for another recruit. I'll find him. It was according to Rivals.

Ross has been a five-star.

KewlKat00
02-02-2006, 10:45 PM
I mistook Holland for another recruit. I'll find him. It was according to Rivals.

was it hazelton? he moved up after the all-american game.

JMarkJohns
02-02-2006, 10:54 PM
yeah...

bull62400
02-06-2006, 03:18 AM
Well, UA got two of the four main targets they had remaining, losig the two others to none other than USC.

Strange, don't ya think?

Anyway, USC wound up with the best class in the Pac-10 (and arguably Nation), followed by Arizona (in the Pac) who is ranked anywhere from about 12th to 18th.

Good luck to the USC fans and to all of Big-12 country.

Can't wait for next year to get started!
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/gay16.jpg

JMarkJohns
02-06-2006, 11:56 PM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/gay16.jpg

Gongratulations on having such a non-existant life that you can waste vast amounts of time all in an unsuccessful attempt to gain validation for your meaningless life.

Add something, or just shut the hell up. Nobody forced you to click on this. It was clearly titled for anyone with comprehension skills to understand. If you didn't care to know about the info, then you should have ignored the message. Instead, you decide to click on a thread you really have no interest in, search for a post to mock, then search for a pic to do the talking for you... That's an awful lot of wasted time for a thread that you seemingly deem meaningless.

Jokes on you, asshole.

BTW, if you claim no time was wasted in the posting of the pic, then it further proves just how big a loser you are that you have such useless pics on standby for just such an occasion.

EDIT: Just realized you're the same ignoramous who posted another ebaumsworld image previously int he thread. LMAO at your twice-clicking ass. Two times you clicked, two times you quoted, two times you posted silly pics in a thread you pass yourself off as not caring about.

What a dolt. :lol

cecil collins
02-07-2006, 04:51 AM
Wrong bull, I'm just exercizing my right to free assembly. It seems to me that those I named and a few others have shown interest, so just because you're too ignorant to know what's up doesn't mean the rest of the community has their collective head up their ass.

As for elpimpo, ya from Southbend? if not, quit talkin' out of your bandwagon ridin' ass and follow a local school. Maybe a horse that isn't prominant at winning. Let's see. You like the Spurs (Champions), you like Notre Dame (College of Football in North America)... I'm seeing a pattern and it's NOT regional.

Sure, Arizona has been a joke since Desert Swarm, but because they've been, doesn't mean 'twill always be. Just look at USC. Seven years ago, they were nothing. a few short years later they are co-national Champion, National Champion and National Champion runner up.

It can change in the blink of an eye and it tends to start with good recruiting classes and a good coach and Arizona's finally got both.
I just realized this, but what are you talking about? Is there such a title as national champion runner up. This isn't a beauty pageant.

cecil collins
02-07-2006, 04:53 AM
Gongratulations on having such a non-existant life that you can waste vast amounts of time all in an unsuccessful attempt to gain validation for your meaningless life.

Add something, or just shut the hell up. Nobody forced you to click on this. It was clearly titled for anyone with comprehension skills to understand. If you didn't care to know about the info, then you should have ignored the message. Instead, you decide to click on a thread you really have no interest in, search for a post to mock, then search for a pic to do the talking for you... That's an awful lot of wasted time for a thread that you seemingly deem meaningless.

Jokes on you, asshole.

BTW, if you claim no time was wasted in the posting of the pic, then it further proves just how big a loser you are that you have such useless pics on standby for just such an occasion.

EDIT: Just realized you're the same ignoramous who posted another ebaumsworld image previously int he thread. LMAO at your twice-clicking ass. Two times you clicked, two times you quoted, two times you posted silly pics in a thread you pass yourself off as not caring about.

Not sure I've ever seen words from bull, just pictures about how gay or stupid posts and threads are. I think bull hates life like colonel stinkmeaner.

JMarkJohns
02-07-2006, 12:55 PM
I just realized this, but what are you talking about? Is there such a title as national champion runner up. This isn't a beauty pageant.

You missed the whole point. It wasn't about them coming in second as a great team. It was about them struggling five years ago, barely being a break-even team, then putting a string together where they were AP National Champion, BCS National Champion and National Champion runner up.

In just a few short years after being mediocre, they were easily the best team in college football for two years and right behind Texas the third year.

The point was that just because a team sucks now, doesn't mean it will always be that way. We didn't have Stoops or his top-20 recruiting classes then. We do now.

KewlKat00
02-07-2006, 03:02 PM
You missed the whole point. It wasn't about them coming in second as a great team. It was about them struggling five years ago, barely being a break-even team, then putting a string together where they were AP National Champion, BCS National Champion and National Champion runner up.

In just a few short years after being mediocre, they were easily the best team in college football for two years and right behind Texas the third year.

The point was that just because a team sucks now, doesn't mean it will always be that way. We didn't have Stoops or his top-20 recruiting classes then. We do now.

after the mediocre years (esp. during Hackett's years before Pete), it was pretty surprising that sc has had so much success so fast... finishing the past 4 years ranked (by the AP) 4, 1, 1 and 2... but sc had a very successful football program in the past. i'm not saying that arizona can't or won't be successful now (i think they can), but it isn't an exact comparison.

mookie2001
02-07-2006, 03:14 PM
AP National Champion, BCS National Champion and National Champion runner up.pretty impressive
OU was National Champion runner up BACK TO BACK baby!

they were easily the best team in college football for two years and right behind Texas the third yeareasily better than such suck ass weak teams like LSU and Auburn

JMarkJohns
02-07-2006, 08:20 PM
after the mediocre years (esp. during Hackett's years before Pete), it was pretty surprising that sc has had so much success so fast... finishing the past 4 years ranked (by the AP) 4, 1, 1 and 2... but sc had a very successful football program in the past. i'm not saying that arizona can't or won't be successful now (i think they can), but it isn't an exact comparison.

Yes, which is why they were able to rebound so fast, because they were a prominent program...

Arizona may not have the prestige, but they have a great fan base, make money hand over fist and have everything to offer recruits, outside of prestige. They are a top-5 university in the West overall. Really, the only thing missing was their football program and that was mainly from two poor hires, the worst of which was Mackovic.

That's all past and while National Championships shouldn't be expected, I never said they should be. I merely offered info on how Arizona beat out the likes of USC, UCLA, CAL, Oregon in Conference and Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio State out of Conference for several of their key recruits.

It is important because it had never really happened before. Last year marked Arizona's best class and highest ranked recruit ever. This year's class beat that, and set a record three times for highest rated recruit when three of their studs committed.

It's not that I'm expecting instant greatness. I'm mainly pointing out that Arizona will be very competative next year and could rival for the Pac-10 the year after.

bull62400
02-08-2006, 08:04 PM

Jokes on you, asshole.

:lol :lol Holy Shit! Im just having a lil fun, thats all! :lol :lol
Why do u have this gigantic stick up ur ass? Im sure U of A will have a great year next year. No wait, I got a better one... you are right! I'm sure thats what u wanted to hear all along. Wow, ur response is really long! I guess my 2 meaningless posts on this thread actually worked on you! lol! Whos the um.., "dolt?" now?! By the way, I dont have a meaningless life, i'm just a college kid with a sense of humor.
me>>> :lol
JMARKJOHNS>>> :pctoss
me after JMARKJOHNS post: :rolleyes

cecil collins
02-08-2006, 08:39 PM

I didn't miss the whole point, I was just pointing out that the statement was ridiculous. Not like your point was so profound that I could mistake what you were saying. But if you want, you can break it down for me even more ass.

JMarkJohns
02-09-2006, 02:25 AM
I didn't miss the whole point, I was just pointing out that the statement was ridiculous. Not like your point was so profound that I could mistake what you were saying. But if you want, you can break it down for me even more ass.

Then why the comment? It wasn't necessary and invoked a response.

I guess I should have said they were the AP#1, the BCS#1 and the BCS#2.
:rolleyes

bull, if I mistook your posts, then I apologize.

Like I said, if people weren'r interested in UA, then they shouldn't have clicked.

cecil collins
02-09-2006, 02:40 AM
Then why the comment? It wasn't necessary and invoked a response.

I guess I should have said they were the AP#1, the BCS#1 and the BCS#2.
:rolleyes

bull, if I mistook your posts, then I apologize.

Like I said, if people weren'r interested in UA, then they shouldn't have clicked.
Should I apologize for making you respond? Shit, it just seemed kind of odd that you called it national champion runner up.

JMarkJohns
02-09-2006, 12:50 PM
What else should I have said?

cecil collins
02-09-2006, 03:09 PM
What else should I have said?
I don't know, that's your problem.

cecil collins
02-09-2006, 03:12 PM
I think it goes without saying that they are a dominant team in college football right now. I think Arizona will improve, but USC is unique in that it is a big hype city with tons of people that were just waiting to jump on a wagon, and they don't have an NFL team anymore.

JMarkJohns
02-10-2006, 12:04 AM
I don't know, that's your problem.

Only because you made it one...

TxJudsonRocketTx
02-10-2006, 12:41 AM
People here in Tucson friggin love them some U of A, but I always have to bring up the Longhorns when they get excited about their cats and thats never a popular thing to do.

JMarkJohns
02-10-2006, 01:02 AM
I Like Texas just fine ('cept for Barnes).

I was pulling for USC because of the Pac-10. No other reason.

Besides, any knowledgable 'cat fan would just bring up UA basketball over Texas basketball... Talk about one-sided! YIKES!