PDA

View Full Version : way to step up mike

ducks
12-15-2005, 09:23 PM
when manu is down :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :fro

Despot
12-15-2005, 09:25 PM
Hopefully this will give Manu more time to rest, although I'm sure the "Manu off the bench" talk will soon start.

Guru of Nothing
12-15-2005, 10:11 PM
I think we are past any "Manu from the bench" talk, really.

Coming into the season, I was excited about the addition Michael Finely precisely for games like tonight. It's a given Manu will get dinged during the season because of his style of play, and what greater luxury in the NBA is there than to plug Finely into the lineup?

As I've previously stated, the challenge (and luxury) that Pop is faced with for his players is quality of minutes played, and not minutes per game. Let Manu rehab to 100% while Finely hits his groove.

Good times.

Ishta
12-15-2005, 10:28 PM
That was a close one! Good Job Fin!

ALVAREZ6
12-15-2005, 10:29 PM
Manu better be 100% when he comes back....especially if we don't play any tough teams.

Wait until you are at the point where you had no idea you ever injured your foot, come back, and continue where you left off Manu :tu

Manu20
12-15-2005, 10:29 PM
Finley: 21 points 4 rebounds 2 assists :tu

Dre_7
12-15-2005, 10:31 PM
All the Finley haters can KISS MY A$$!!

21 ppg in 2 starts without Manu!

PM5K
12-15-2005, 10:31 PM
Manu is a bench player, simple as that. His great energy, along with the limited ammount of minutes he's capable of playing makes him a bench player.

loveforthegame
12-15-2005, 10:35 PM
Finley: 21 points 4 rebounds 2 assists :tu

Don't forget the steal and block.

We'll pretend he didn't have a turnover and missed ft at the end. :smokin

Guru of Nothing
12-15-2005, 10:40 PM
Manu is a bench player, simple as that. His great energy, along with the limited ammount of minutes he's capable of playing makes him a bench player.

Wrong Forum (http://spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)

Spurologist
12-15-2005, 10:44 PM
Wrong Forum (http://spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)

Why? It is spurs related. It will be interested if pop decides to put finely into the starting lineup in the playoffs.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-15-2005, 10:59 PM
Finley had a great game. Nothing more. I would be sucking Finley's D tonight if he had sunk both free throws at the end of the game. But since he only hit one, I will only say he had a great game.

Guru of Nothing
12-15-2005, 11:03 PM
It will be interested if pop decides to put finely into the starting lineup in the playoffs.

Step right up!

Tell me why Finely should get the nod over Manu come playoff time.

Or are you just talking out your ass - hence the political forum reference.

spurs=bling
12-15-2005, 11:04 PM
Finley had a great game. Nothing more. I would be sucking Finley's D tonight if he had sunk both free throws at the end of the game. But since he only hit one, I will only say he had a great game.

you could have kept that to yourself CBF

Cant_Be_Faded
12-15-2005, 11:05 PM
Guru, I think, given the events happening this season thus far, that the Manu-bench argument has at least some validity. Look at what happened in 2004. As for him being a bench player in the playoffs, well, that's asking for maybe a little too much in my opinion.

But he is a fucking peach this year, and I wouldn't mind seeing him go back to the bench for at least a little while once he gets "healthy"

Dre_7
12-15-2005, 11:07 PM
I dont care if he starts or not during the midseason. All I care about is Manu being healthy come playoff time.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-15-2005, 11:09 PM
All I care about is Manu being healthy come playoff time.

exactly :smokin
which is why i say we milk this tear Finley is on for as long as we can, and we bring Manu on as slowwwwly as posssibbbllle

Despot
12-15-2005, 11:19 PM
Manu is the starter, and will be, When Manu is healthy he will get his 15 - 20 points alot easier on average than Finley will, not to mention Manu is more consistent from game to game, and well, Manu is considered one of the top players in the league, it's a no-brainer. Lets not forget, we barely won tonight with Fin starting, clips were not that easy either.
Plus, let us not forget, part of the winning formula this team has is the slashing ability of TP and Manu. I just hope this new confidence carries over when Fin goes back to the bench. Sorry I started this to begin with.

Guru of Nothing
12-15-2005, 11:49 PM
Guru, I think, given the events happening this season thus far, that the Manu-bench argument has at least some validity. Look at what happened in 2004. As for him being a bench player in the playoffs, well, that's asking for maybe a little too much in my opinion.

But he is a fucking peach this year, and I wouldn't mind seeing him go back to the bench for at least a little while once he gets "healthy"

I think we agree that Manu's PT should be limited this season, but I'm not thinking in terms of starting vs. bench.

I think, ideally, Manu plays about 67-72 games this regular season ... and 16+ come the playoffs.

TDMVPDPOY
12-16-2005, 01:26 AM
now everyone wants to be like mike

Kori Ellis
12-16-2005, 03:14 AM
The people who are saying that the "Manu should come off the bench" talk will definitely start are correct. It will start. And the Spurs might even consider it. Manu has been hurt three times already this young season. We all know he's a major playoff stud, but if they want him to be fresh in the postseason .. who knows? They might consider it.

(I'm not advocating it .. just saying.)

SequSpur
12-16-2005, 03:16 AM
I need a Finley jersey.

Dre_7
12-16-2005, 04:48 AM
I need a Finley jersey.

I thought he was a pvssy?? :lol

doldrums
12-16-2005, 08:41 AM
You are all overlooking that MAnu is a much better defender than Finley

T Park
12-16-2005, 08:50 AM
I need a Finley jersey

Fuck you. You said he sucked and that he had a huge vagina.

Get fucked little boy.

I wouldn't bring Manu off the bench and start Finley.

I dont like how hes having to play so many minutes right now, cause Id like Fin to be fresh for the playoffs.

But damn, as LJ said last night, "Thats 1997 Michael Finley right there"

Ginofan
12-16-2005, 08:51 AM
The people who are saying that the "Manu should come off the bench" talk will definitely start are correct. It will start. And the Spurs might even consider it. Manu has been hurt three times already this young season. We all know he's a major playoff stud, but if they want him to be fresh in the postseason .. who knows? They might consider it.

(I'm not advocating it .. just saying.)

They'd be burning american flags in the streets of argentina if that went down remember? :lol

T Park
12-16-2005, 08:53 AM
Finley already has the mafia sitting outside his house right now, doing a steakout and watching his family.

Fin has no idea how much trouble hes in. :lol

SA210
12-16-2005, 09:13 AM
It wouldn't suprise me if they did this to manu , again. :rolleyes.

I would be disapointed.

ducks
12-16-2005, 09:28 AM
why?

SequSpur
12-16-2005, 10:16 AM
Fuck you. You said he sucked and that he had a huge vagina.
Get fucked little boy.
I wouldn't bring Manu off the bench and start Finley.
I dont like how hes having to play so many minutes right now, cause Id like Fin to be fresh for the playoffs.
But damn, as LJ said last night, "Thats 1997 Michael Finley right there"

Damn, that's a little harsh coming from the poster child of fat fickle fans.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-16-2005, 10:24 AM
Lol. This thread needs more whottttt.

easjer
12-16-2005, 10:46 AM
I don't understand what would be so tragic about Manu coming off the bench. It worked well in the playoffs (vs. Denver) last year with Barry starting. . . it gave him an opportunity to get started early and get into a good groove while providing consistency and energy off the bench you don't always get. Why would it be a bad thing?

If his minutes are roughly the same, why the hell not? Manu is going to get his minutes. What difference if Finley (or Barry) start a few games in his stead?

T Park
12-16-2005, 10:56 AM
It wouldn't suprise me if they did this to manu , again

Oh yes.

Wouldn't it be sooooo horrible.

He'll get 8 million a year still, but would come off the bench.

GOD.

Hey Whottt, whats your O pinion.

Stop lurkin and squeak up.

boutons
12-16-2005, 11:40 AM
"so tragic about Manu coming off the bench"

Finley's a new arrival, a short-timer band-wagoner, Manu's helped win 2 rings, and is key part of the future of the Spurs. Manu deserves to start in the long view, while Michael provides plenty of instant offense and ball handling off the bench, with acceptable defense, although he still has 3 or 4 more FG% pts as a Spur to get up to his career FG%.

Spurs/Manu don't need any more distraction about whether Manu starts or not, and for what purpose in the season? More wins? Pop plays Manu only 29 MPG, whether he starts or not. Nobody should think Manu won't care about losing his starting position, AGAIN.

smeagol
12-16-2005, 11:50 AM
Manu needs to get healthy. That's all that matters. If he is healthy, he will play like he did in last year's playoffs. If he plays like that, he is starting. End of discussion.

SouthernFried
12-16-2005, 12:00 PM
I wouldn't mind Manu coming off the bench either.

Manu can create his own shots. It don't matter if he's playing with first or second team. Finley does best receiving the pass, off screens, or whatever.

Manu has proved he can score 20+ points coming off the bench, or starting...Finley does better starting, and taking some time to get into a groove.

Manu doesn't need the time to get into a groove like Finley does...Manu is his own groove.

But, who the hell cares really. Having these 2 guys is a goddamn coaches wet dream. I can just see Pop before a game thinking..."Should I start Manu, or Finley"...and starting to giggle uncontrollably.