PDA

View Full Version : Aggies to sign DC

mookie2001
12-15-2005, 09:35 PM
Gary Darnell, former Texas DC (one of the worst ever statistically), fired from Western Michigan in 04 after going 1-10 as a head coach will reportedly will sign on as the Texas A&M DC

http://www.footballscoop.com/coach-pics/gdarnell.jpg

what say you Ag?

mookie2001
12-17-2005, 04:30 PM
bump
quit watching Texas bball and bow down to the new regulator of the Wrecking Crew

hussker
12-17-2005, 06:43 PM
WHOOP BIG RED! Bill Callahan and Zac Taylor are going to take him to the woodshed on 11/11/06! Happy Veterans Day AGS!!!!!

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-17-2005, 07:12 PM
what say you Ag?

I say Fran should have been fired after this year. That didn't happen, but this will probably solidify that outcome next year. Fuck it, it's basketball season :tu

hussker
12-17-2005, 07:19 PM
I say Fran should have been fired after this year. That didn't happen, but this will probably solidify that outcome next year. Fuck it, it's basketball season :tu

AHF...You know Fran has HUGE dinero invested in the school, some of which is earmarked for the South End Zone renovation to enclose Kyle Field. Fran's Sister -in- law was our Title manager when we moved to CS from San Antonio so my wife could attend this wonderful (seriously, it is) University. Fran's son is rejuvenating the pipeline at Blinn in Brenham. Fran will fulfill his contract and likely get an extension. I see bowl next yr for the Ags and BIG XII South in two years, possible next yr. (except they will not beat Nebraska at home).

Cant_Be_Faded
12-17-2005, 08:07 PM
LOL

The young hunter better not follow the path of the aggie.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-17-2005, 11:26 PM
You know Fran has HUGE dinero invested in the school

Sorry hussker. He donated 1 million after getting a (total of) 2 million dollar raise. Not much to get excited about. Plus I used to do a lot with Aggie basketball while in school and still have a lot of contacts there.

Fran's donation was a PR move more than anything. Don't see Fran getting an extension, much less finishing out his current deal (which runs through 2011).

Lots of folks are saying that by letting Fran hire Darnell our AD Byrne was basically giving Fran enough rope to hang himself next year and get fired.

Willinsa
12-20-2005, 01:41 PM
The Darnell hire makes no sense, I mean the guy has failed at his last 3 jobs- ND, UT, and WMU. This might be the end for Franny the god in CS.

Ballcox
12-20-2005, 01:54 PM
I don't get this hire at all for the ags. Did someone put a gun to Fran's head or something to bring this guy on as DC? I remember Darnell from his time at UT, and the only thing I can say is I'm glad he's not our DC anymore. This could easily be the straw that breaks the camel's back in terms of Fran's job security.

Marcus Bryant
12-20-2005, 05:40 PM
Odd hire. Darnell must have some dirt on Fran.

Extra Stout
12-20-2005, 05:47 PM
Apparently A&M is such a fine and desirable program to join that they can land real keepers like Darnell who can win almost 10% of the time at mid-major colleges.

I expect the Aggies to give Baylor and Oklahoma State a real run for their money next year. They might even beat one of them if White Jesus plays well enough.