PDA

View Full Version : The Stewart-Stern Effect: Young Voters Deserting Dubya

Nbadan
08-16-2004, 04:08 AM
Maybe this is the beginning of the real "New South"?

Mounting concerns over the war and the sluggish economy have sent President Bush's popularity plummeting among young adults in the past four months, complicating his bid for reelection and challenging Republicans to increase their efforts to win over new or lightly committed young voters.

Four years ago, network exit polls found that Bush and Democrat Al Gore split the vote of 18-to-29-year-olds, with Gore claiming 48 percent and Bush getting 46 percent -- the best showing by a Republican presidential candidate in more than a decade.

But that was then. In the latest Post- ABC News poll, taken immediately after the Democratic National Convention, Kerry led Bush 2 to 1 among registered voters younger than 30. Among older voters, the race was virtually tied. About 1 in 6 voters in 2000 was between 18 and 29 years old. ..

The Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A1509-2004Aug14.html?nav=rss_politics)

NeoConIV
08-16-2004, 04:17 AM
Kerry "raise them taxes" "ditch Iraq" is the answer!!!

Kerry 2004!!!!

Real answers to America's problems!!! Well, sort of! Maybe...errr, maybe not!!!

Yes, I would've voted end Saddam's regime in Iraq...errrr.... well, sort of. I served in Vietnam, and the lessons I learned hightailing it from the enemy will serve me in 2004, hightail it and hope everything works out!

http://www.evote.com/evotepix/satire/parody/kerry_heinzketchup.jpg

Let's get our troops back home and get them eating some good, wholesome ketchup!! Ketchup goooood!!!

Nbadan
08-16-2004, 04:27 AM
Kerry "raise them taxes" "ditch Iraq" is the answer!!!

At the rate Dubya is currently losing new jobs, higher taxes are inevitable. Maybe these insightful kids don't want to pay 50% of their future income for tax cuts for the rich today and their eventual social security checks in the future?

NeoConIV
08-16-2004, 04:37 AM
higher taxes are inevitable
There's that Mondale spirit, alive and well!!

At the rate Dubya is currently losing new jobs
We gained last quarter...

I'm sorry, the Kerry answer for Iray and the economy is what again? I'd really like to know.

Nbadan
08-16-2004, 04:43 AM
We gained last quarter...

We only gained 32,000 new jobs last period. That doesn't even account for the over 100,000 new workers that joined the work force in the same period. Nevermind the over 7 million who have dropped out of the labor numbers all together because they have simply given up looking for work and/or are no longer eligible for federal unemployment assistance.

NeoConIV
08-16-2004, 04:54 AM
links?

Nah, just give it to me raw...

http://www.hiphop.port-vision.de/Bilder800/dj13.jpg

You spin me right round baby right round like a record player baby...

:spin

DeSPURado
08-16-2004, 05:06 AM
BWhaha you really don't think there are new people entering the job market every month? Gee I guess no one was born between 1982-86.

NeoConIV
08-16-2004, 05:08 AM
And the pie in the sky brilliant KERRY solution is what again?

DeSPURado
08-16-2004, 05:28 AM
Why don't you look up his plan yourself and actually get informed on issues rather than spouting off that Kerry has no plan...It makes you look like a total Jack ass. Here's a hint- John Kerry has a website. It has written responces to most questions you might have.

These are the bullet points of his plan. Go to the link and look up the little box to the right and there is a detailed description of each of these bullet points.

The measure of a strong economy is a growing middle-class where every American has a chance to work and an opportunity to succeed.

In America, a rising tide is supposed to lift all boats. But today, Americans are working harder, earning less, and paying more for health care, college, and taxes. Corporate profits are soaring, the government keeps expanding, but the opportunities for our middle-class are shrinking.

It's time to bring those opportunities back. John Kerry and John Edwards know that we're stronger when we create good-paying jobs here, not ship them overseas. They want to reward hardworking middle-class families with tax breaks, not larger bills. They want to expand the reach of opportunity, not the size of government. And they want to lead an America where we work together to invest in the jobs of tomorrow.

John Kerry and John Edwards have seen the faces and heard the voices of struggling middle-class families. But they've come away convinced more than ever that we're a country of optimists - a country that can do better and think bigger about the challenges we face. We can grow our economy by strengthening our middle-class. And we can make America richer by giving everyone a chance to build a better life for their families.

John Kerry and John Edwards' plan to build a stronger economy will:

Create Good-Paying Jobs
As president, John Kerry will cut taxes for businesses that create jobs here in America instead of moving them overseas. John Kerry and John Edwards will also stand up for workers by enforcing our trade agreements.

Cut Middle-Class Taxes To Raise Middle-Class Incomes
When John Kerry is president, middle-class taxes will go down. Ninety-eight percent of all Americans and 99 percent of American businesses will get a tax cut under the Kerry-Edwards plan.

Make Washington Live Within A Budget
John Kerry will cut the deficit in half during his first four years in office. He will end corporate welfare as we know it, roll back the Bush tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, and impose a real cap to keep spending in check. And when John Kerry puts forward a new idea, he'll tell you how he's going to pay for it.

Invest In The Jobs Of Tomorrow
Today, businesses are harnessing new technology to manufacture energy-efficient cars, high-grade steel, advanced plastics and other new products. And this requires a bigger, skilled labor force to make them. John Kerry and John Edwards believe we should invest in these jobs and invest in the people who will fill them.

www.johnkerry.com/issues/economy/ (http://www.johnkerry.com/issues/economy/)

NeoConIV
08-16-2004, 05:33 AM
I'm the jackass? And you post from johnkerry.com....

Sure you don't want to retract that comment?

:rollin

Nbadan
08-16-2004, 05:34 AM
I think Neo is just trying to get our goat.

I haven't met to many young Bush supporters lately, and we are in the center of Bush Country.

Maybe they are all at Church or busy at suburban neighborhood pools?

DeSPURado
08-16-2004, 05:38 AM
Where else am I going to learn the Kerry plan for America's economy? Corporate news? Free republic? no no I know how about from Bush's site? Gee that would make it all legit then wouldn't it?

NeoConIV
08-16-2004, 05:38 AM
I see more and more W bumper stickers every day...

Kerry is a sinking ship and it bugs the hell out you.

Go on!!! Admit it!!!:p

NeoConIV
08-16-2004, 05:39 AM
*going to kerry.com to look for the answer to the war on terror*

NeoConIV
08-16-2004, 05:46 AM
Launch And Lead A New Era Of Alliances
The threat of terrorism demands alliances on a global scale - to utilize every available resource to get the terrorists before they can strike at us. As president, John Kerry will lead a coalition of the able - because no force on earth is more able than the United States and its allies.

You can't be serious. When a French or German soldier takes a bullet on behalf of a 'coalition of the able', I will cut off my left testicle. No, rather, if they actually stay after one French or German falls on the battlefield...God, this is fucking preposterous...I feel so silly even surmising this outlandish pipe dream of an alliance with France or Germany...

Nbadan
08-16-2004, 05:48 AM
Kerry is a sinking ship and it bugs the hell out you.

It bothers me that he has the personality of Patrick, the star fish on sponge bob square pants, but I don't think that this disqualifies him from possibly being a good wartime President. He certainly seems to have had the right stuff in Vietnam.

NeoConIV
08-16-2004, 05:52 AM
He certainly seems to have had the right stuff in Vietnam.

NeoConIV :hang

NeoConIV
08-16-2004, 05:54 AM
Also from John Kerry's BRILLIANT strategy on the war on terror:

Deploy All That Is In America's Arsenal
The war on terror cannot be won by military might alone. As president, John Kerry will deploy all the forces in America's arsenal - our diplomacy, our intelligence system, our economic power, and the appeal of our values and ideas - to make America more secure and prevent a new generation of terrorists from emerging.

Damn, that Kerry is really on to something here. I just don't know if I can trust Bush after reading this...

NeoConIV
08-16-2004, 05:55 AM
Free America From Its Dangerous Dependence On Mideast Oil
To secure our full independence and freedom, we must free America from its dangerous dependence on Mideast oil. By tapping American ingenuity, we can achieve that goal while growing our economy and protecting our environment.

Those damn republicans blocking ANWR and Gulf drilling every step of the way!

NeoConIV
08-16-2004, 06:01 AM
Damn, you guys want the debates? You sure about that?

I don't care how poor Bush's speaking ability is. Kerry is on the wrong side of the issues, hands down. That's it man. Bush won 2 of 3 debates with Gore. You think Kerry is going to do much better given the circumstances and given Kerry's indecisiveness?

You needed Joe Biden, that was always my Democratic fearful for a challenge to Bush.

I'm getting ahead of myself. Nothing is certain. But Kerry is pathetic, that much is true.

Heads of State
08-16-2004, 02:17 PM
Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains. - Winston Churchill