PDA

View Full Version : Democrats "lay low" during election victory

Vashner
12-15-2005, 10:51 PM
Hey where the fuck is NBA dan?

I depend on him for Election coverage

OH WAIT it was not bad news...

At least Bouton showed up for the Sheehan Book signing.. I mean the Iraqi Elections..

APB: One lefty Amerikka hater... most probable location slithering under a cold slimy rock somewhere in Amerikka...

So was the MEMO to like lay low a couple days then open fire again?

JoeChalupa
12-16-2005, 10:26 AM
I think the elections were a great success for democracy.
Only time will tell if it was good for Iraq. I hope the elected leaders will do what is right but we can never tell. Even a democracy can elect a tyrant.

I give major kudos to Bush for finally stepping up and admitting that there was faulty intelligence that caused us to go into war but I really don't think it mattered and I wish he would have just been upfront from the beginning.
But I know it wouldn't have gone over well if he had just said he wanted to take Saddam out for democracy. The war had to be sold.

But enough about that. The elections send a clear message to the terrorists that they, the people of Iraq, are determined to have their say in the new government. And that is a very good thing.
But more importantly, I think, is the message that is sending to the entire region and to other leaders. That democracy can and is welcome and they better get with the program and they may see themselves elected out of office.

My hat goes off to the people of Iraq!!

I wish them nothing but success.

Now I'm sure there are those who want failure but they are in the minority I tell you. Yes, Democrats and "liberals", I prefer progressives, want freedom and democracy for Iraq. To think otherwise is ludicrous.

Power to the People!!!!

Nbadan
12-17-2005, 01:11 AM
Hey where the fuck is NBA dan?

The Iraq election isn't gonna change much for the current situation in Iraq. In fact, if a predominantly Shiia group wins the election as expected, unless Allawi can steal the election, my thoughts are this increases the chance for a civil war in Iraq.