PDA

View Full Version : I hate to admit it but...

tim_duncan_fan
12-15-2005, 10:54 PM
Everything the KG fans say is right. KG IS better than TD. TD just wins more because of TP and Manu and the rest of the help.

It's a sad truth.

spurs=bling
12-15-2005, 10:55 PM
:sleep :sleep

Dre_7
12-15-2005, 10:56 PM
This is the first time that I can remember KG owning Tim in a LONG TIME. Oh by the way, Duncan is hurt. No excuses, but just look at what has happened the past few years between TD and KG, not JUST this game.

Guru of Nothing
12-15-2005, 10:57 PM
TD just wins more

It's a sad truth.

Concur.

Amuseddaysleeper
Everything the KG fans say is right. KG IS better than TD. TD just wins more because of TP and Manu and the rest of the help.

It's a sad truth.

yeah KG def. impressed me a ton tonight. i still would take TD over KG but aside form our superior supporting cast, in terms of one on one, KG vs TD is much closer than people seem to give the matchup credit for

GoSpurs21

It's a sad truth.one game, spoken by a so called TD fan, go back to the lakers bandwagoner

Cant_Be_Faded
12-15-2005, 10:58 PM
This is the first time that I can remember KG owning Tim in a LONG TIME.
true

Oh by the way, Duncan is hurt.
don't make excuses dawg, tim got outplayed tonight pure and simple.

Notice that most times Tim caught it in the post, KG forced him about 3 feet away from his spot? This happened sooo many times tonight, which is a large reason why Duncan blew nuts, and also why he started shooting nasty looking jumpers.

KG physically overpowered Tim tonight, luckily Tim got a sweet little revenge on his sweet And-1 that knocked KG to the floor. But overall, KG was keeping Duncan out of his sweet spot.

Not many people do that very well.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-15-2005, 11:00 PM
true

Notice that most times Tim caught it in the post, KG forced him about 3 feet away from his spot? This happened sooo many times tonight, which is a large reason why Duncan blew nuts, and also why he started shooting nasty looking jumpers.

KG physically overpowered Tim tonight, luckily Tim got a sweet little revenge on his sweet And-1 that knocked KG to the floor. But overall, KG was keeping Duncan out of his sweet spot.

aside form the fact that when td knocked kg to the floor he DID NOT make the basket, he simply missed one of his two crucial free throws, that was a very good honest post

Dre_7
12-15-2005, 11:01 PM

This is the first time that I can remember KG owning Tim in a LONG TIME. Oh by the way, Duncan is hurt. No excuses, but just look at what has happened the past few years between TD and KG, not JUST this game.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-15-2005, 11:02 PM
aside form the fact that when td knocked kg to the floor he DID NOT make the basket, he simply missed one of his crucial free throws, that was a very good honest post

shit you are right. my bad....but it was still a great aggressive move by timmy. last year that shot would have been blocked.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-15-2005, 11:02 PM
Dre, i said that cuz you saying he is hurt is an excuse in itself. I wouldn't have said anything if you hadn't said that.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-15-2005, 11:03 PM
shit you are right. my bad....but it was still a great aggressive move by timmy. last year that shot would have been blocked.

yeah dude, no worries, TD has great footwork fo sho

boutons
12-15-2005, 11:03 PM
"Duncan is hurt"

when did he get hurt? After he got 29 PT - 22 RB - 5 AST 48 hours ago?

Dre_7
12-15-2005, 11:04 PM
TD got outplayed BIG TIME tonight. But I still think, based on his ENTIRE body of work, that TD is the best player in the game today.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-15-2005, 11:05 PM
TD got outplayed BIG TIME tonight. But I still think, based on his ENTIRE body of work, that TD is the best player in the game today.

i wont argue with that

Dre_7
12-15-2005, 11:05 PM
"Duncan is hurt"

Hes been hurt. Not an excuse for anything, just saying that once he (and the rest of the Spurs for that matter) get healthy, we will see a much better player (team).

Get back to me in June! :D

TDfan2007
12-15-2005, 11:09 PM

It's a sad truth.

:idiot

One game means nothing. Tim is hurt and his injury is no joke. He played terribly but the injury played a big part. That doesn't take anything away from KG though. He knew this was a big game and treated it so.

tim_duncan_fan
12-15-2005, 11:14 PM
Duncan needs to work out. He's probably the only guy KG can muscle out of the paint. I also think he could stand to play a little harder. I said KG is better than Duncan and for the past couple of seasons he has been, but I don't think he's 11 pts and 12 rebs better. I guess what I'm really saying is KG plays harder and gives more effort than Duncan and that, I think, is an indeniable fact.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-15-2005, 11:17 PM
If I were KG tonight, I would have played harder than if I were Duncan. But that's just me.

Look at who Minnesota fielded on the floor tonight.

Spurs had Horry support the mid-2nd quarter offense.

Minny does not have that option. They played wally, jaric, hudson, garnett, and carter for most of the 3rd quarter.

THEY PLAYED WALLY AT POWER FORWARD (which gayly enough panned out in their favor....)

Naturally KG would give more effort.
If spurs hit their free throws tonight this is a fucking blow out.

Spurs are that fuckin good. :smokin

Duncanoypi
12-15-2005, 11:18 PM
I take the win...and the one with rings...

Amuseddaysleeper
12-15-2005, 11:19 PM
Duncan needs to work out. He's probably the only guy KG can muscle out of the paint. I also think he could stand to play a little harder. I said KG is better than Duncan and for the past couple of seasons he has been, but I don't think he's 11 pts and 12 rebs better. I guess what I'm really saying is KG plays harder and gives more effort than Duncan and that, I think, is an indeniable fact.

i dont know if i would say KG "outmuscled" td in the paint cuz td was knocking KG and posting him up all over the place. KG just has a much better outside game and is able to fade away from td and hit his shots night in and out. TD just got outplayed in all facets of the game from KG tonight

exstatic
12-15-2005, 11:22 PM
Tim will always be the more valuable of the two because after all of these years, KG is still reluctant to play in the paint. He's a perimter player. If he's so fucking great, why the fuck is Troy Hudson taking your last shot? KG's testicles wither in crunch time.

Leetonidas
12-15-2005, 11:24 PM
Geez, everytime Tim has a bad game someone has to bring shit like this up. What the fuck is wrong with you people? Can't you take a fucking win and be happy with it instead of trying to find something wrong with someone? Yeah, Tim didn't play as great tonight, and Garnett played better. But, KG is more of a jump shooter, and Tim takes it to the hole. Garnett is an awesome defender in the low post, like Tim, but since KG was shooting jump shots a good portion of the night, those are harder to guard.

I hate people who think stats make someone better than another. Manu doesn't average 25 points a game, but he still an amazing player, and better than a lot of players who do average 25 points a game. The Spurs are a DEEP team, and Tim is not the only option. On the T'Wolves, KG is the first and second option, and he IS there team. The Spurs have Manu and Tony, so that takes some of the load of Tim.

When Kevin Garnett does anything in the playoffs, let me know. Tim Duncan led the Spurs to the championship, no matter what anyone said. Tim does not fold like KG and Tim is a leader, Garnett is not.

But, if you want to go by some numbers tonight, let's look at some other numbers.

NBA Championships:

Tim Duncan - 3
Kevin Garnett - 0

NBA Finals MVP Awards:

Tim Duncan - 3
Kevin Garnett - 0

MVP awards:

Tim Duncan - 2
Kevin Garnett - 1

So yeah, pay attention to those stats.

exstatic
12-15-2005, 11:24 PM
Oh, and tim_duncan_non_fan...

Wally - All Star playing with KG
Starbury - All Star playing with KG
Gugliotta - All Star playing with KG
Terrell Brandon - All Star playing with KG

This "KG has never had support" shit has got to stop. It's the biggest myth since WMDs.

DieMrBond
12-15-2005, 11:26 PM
Isnt that 3 clutch time shots (in the last 3 games) in a row KG has missed? Correct me if im wrong...

sickdsm
12-15-2005, 11:28 PM
If I were KG tonight, I would have played harder than if I were Duncan. But that's just me.

Look at who Minnesota fielded on the floor tonight.

Spurs had Horry support the mid-2nd quarter offense.

Minny does not have that option. They played wally, jaric, hudson, garnett, and carter for most of the 3rd quarter.

THEY PLAYED WALLY AT POWER FORWARD (which gayly enough panned out in their favor....)

Naturally KG would give more effort.
If spurs hit their free throws tonight this is a fucking blow out.

Spurs are that fuckin good. :smokin

I think there's better odds that the best defensive 3pt fg% team doesn't give up 8 of 13.

McCants doesn't play, this is at least a five point wolves win, he was that bad on defense.

exstatic
12-15-2005, 11:29 PM
Isnt that 3 clutch time shots (in the last 3 games) in a row KG has missed? Correct me if im wrong...

Tim will always be the more valuable of the two because after all of these years, KG is still reluctant to play in the paint. He's a perimter player. If he's so fucking great, why the fuck is Troy Hudson taking your last shot? KG's testicles wither in crunch time.

Duncanoypi
12-15-2005, 11:29 PM
Yeah! Better support the Hawks...

tim_duncan_fan
12-15-2005, 11:30 PM
Being given a shot in your foot does not qualify as being injured. That's irritates me when people use the most minor injuries as excuses. Ever heard of Isaiah Thomas? He played on a sprained ankle. Duncan's "injury" is more mental. He needs to be able to step up his game whenever it's needed. Sometimes he just flakes out on us and somebody just happens to save his butt examples:in the finals it was Horry today it was finley. If he keeps playing soft like he did today, even the coaches won't vote him into the ASG.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-15-2005, 11:30 PM

This "KG has never had support" shit has got to stop. It's the biggest myth since WMDs.

thats a HORRIBLE list. aside from marbury no one on that list is a "true" all star and you know it. garnett never did get a fair shake on a supporting cast. the one year he did, he almost went to the finals. it IS a fact

dbreiden83080
12-15-2005, 11:34 PM
Geez, everytime Tim has a bad game someone has to bring shit like this up. What the fuck is wrong with you people? Can't you take a fucking win and be happy with it instead of trying to find something wrong with someone? Yeah, Tim didn't play as great tonight, and Garnett played better. But, KG is more of a jump shooter, and Tim takes it to the hole. Garnett is an awesome defender in the low post, like Tim, but since KG was shooting jump shots a good portion of the night, those are harder to guard.

I hate people who think stats make someone better than another. Manu doesn't average 25 points a game, but he still an amazing player, and better than a lot of players who do average 25 points a game. The Spurs are a DEEP team, and Tim is not the only option. On the T'Wolves, KG is the first and second option, and he IS there team. The Spurs have Manu and Tony, so that takes some of the load of Tim.

When Kevin Garnett does anything in the playoffs, let me know. Tim Duncan led the Spurs to the championship, no matter what anyone said. Tim does not fold like KG and Tim is a leader, Garnett is not.

But, if you want to go by some numbers tonight, let's look at some other numbers.

NBA Championships:

Tim Duncan - 3
Kevin Garnett - 0

NBA Finals MVP Awards:

Tim Duncan - 3
Kevin Garnett - 0

MVP awards:

Tim Duncan - 2
Kevin Garnett - 1

So yeah, pay attention to those stats.

Awesome post, you are 100% accurate. KG played great Timmy did not big deal, i just hope this plantar whatever does not affect him for a long period of time. I mean he was great against the Clips but he did look sluggish to me tonight. They were posting their head to head career and it was a little in favor of Tim heading into this game tonight anyway, so lets not act like KG is so much better than TD after tonight. I remember when we played them last year at home and TD had like 28 and 16 and Kg had a night like Tim did tonight. Everyone on the board was all yeah TD is the man Kg sucks. So many people here can be so fickle.

Josh810
12-15-2005, 11:36 PM
...And this is why you're not a GM. Yes, let's base everything on one of the few times TD is vastly outplayed by KG. Yes, KG is great, but there is a reason Tim wins. He makes his team better. Sure he's had better supporting casts, but KG hasn't exactly had a bunch of scrubs his whole career on his team. He had his chance to get to the finals when SA was already out and blew it. He can be MVP for the regular season every year for all I care.

dbreiden83080
12-15-2005, 11:37 PM
Being given a shot in your foot does not qualify as being injured. That's irritates me when people use the most minor injuries as excuses. Ever heard of Isaiah Thomas? He played on a sprained ankle. Duncan's "injury" is more mental. He needs to be able to step up his game whenever it's needed. Sometimes he just flakes out on us and somebody just happens to save his butt examples:in the finals it was Horry today it was finley. If he keeps playing soft like he did today, even the coaches won't vote him into the ASG.

Your screen name is Tim Duncan Fan and this is the shit that you write about him. How long have you been a Spurs and a TD fan since last June.

tim_duncan_fan
12-15-2005, 11:43 PM
exstatic, debreiden-Just because I dont ride on Tim's nuts, it doesn't mean I'm not a fan. If a guy punks out ands plays like a little boy in a man's game then he should be criticized. It's just like when a player does well and people say he is great,

HOMERISM IS BAD!

But anyway, if not having rose-tinted glasses about a player means you're not a fan of that player then you are correct; I am tim_duncan_non_fan.

exstatic
12-15-2005, 11:44 PM
thats a HORRIBLE list. aside from marbury no one on that list is a "true" all star and you know it. garnett never did get a fair shake on a supporting cast. the one year he did, he almost went to the finals. it IS a fact

Then WTF is a "true" All Star? EVERY one of those players went to the ASG (last time I checked, that WAS the criterion for being an All Star) when playing with KG. It's not like they're Lakers and coasting in on big market coat tails.

Tim has had:

Dave - a couple of times
Manu - once

and he's done a LOT more than come close to the Finals.

Garnett is weak.

Banks91
12-15-2005, 11:52 PM
Like i've stated before, Duncan is too passive. Massive parts of game you'd think he wasn't even interested in puttin the ball in the basket.

During a stretch in the 4th, he got frustrated, and decided to go at Garnett.
He did so for three straight possession, which , surprise surprise, lead to 3 straight fouls on Garnett. WTF was he doing the rest of the game, when he could've had KG sittin on the bench fouled out loooooooooong time before the home stretch

Tek_XX
12-15-2005, 11:54 PM

Tim Duncan Fan????....yeah right. Dude get your trollantics out of here. Ya poser

FromWayDowntown
12-15-2005, 11:54 PM
This is typical of the Garnett/Duncan matchups. KG gets over on Timmy occasionally; Timmy gets over on KG occasionally. Generally, the two guys have similar numbers.

I've maintained for years that the biggest difference between the 2 is what happens when things matter most. I'll never forget the end of Game 1 of the 2001 series between the T'Wolves and Spurs. In the last minute of the game, the Spurs were down one and needed a bucket in the worst way. They got the ball to Tim, who made a play and scored. On the ensuing possession, T'Wolves down by one, they got the ball to KG who .... passed the ball to Dean Garrett.

At the time T'Wolves supporters argued that KG was too tired to take that shot; but Garnett played 45 minutes in that game; Timmy played 46. And it wasn't from "carrying his team," either: KG had fewer shots, fewer rebounds, and fewer blocks. He had 2 more assists and 2 more steals.

In the end, Tim had accomplished more than KG and, when it mattered most, had what it took to take and make the big shot that KG backed away from.

I still think THAT series of plays is the difference between those two guys.

PM5K
12-15-2005, 11:56 PM
This is typical of the Garnett/Duncan matchups. KG gets over on Timmy occasionally; Timmy gets over on KG occasionally. Generally, the two guys have similar numbers.

I've maintained for years that the biggest difference between the 2 is what happens when things matter most. I'll never forget the end of Game 1 of the 2001 series between the T'Wolves and Spurs. In the last minute of the game, the Spurs were down one and needed a bucket in the worst way. They got the ball to Tim, who made a play and scored. On the ensuing possession, T'Wolves down by one, they got the ball to KG who .... passed the ball to Dean Garrett.

At the time T'Wolves supporters argued that KG was too tired to take that shot; but Garnett played 45 minutes in that game; Timmy played 46. And it wasn't from "carrying his team," either: KG had fewer shots, fewer rebounds, and fewer blocks. He had 2 more assists and 2 more steals.

In the end, Tim had accomplished more than KG and, when it mattered most, had what it took to take and make the big shot that KG backed away from.

I still think THAT series of plays is the difference between those two guys.

Well that's pretty damn stupid of you then, both guys have taken and made big shots in big games, both guys have also been unselfish and passed to their wide open teammates and trusted them to make those shots.

I guess Michael Jordan doesn't have what it takes because he passed to John Paxson in the Finals instead of taking the shot himself.....

ajh18
12-15-2005, 11:57 PM
exstatic, debreiden-Just because I dont ride on Tim's nuts, it doesn't mean I'm not a fan. If a guy punks out ands plays like a little boy in a man's game then he should be criticized. It's just like when a player does well and people say he is great,

HOMERISM IS BAD!

But anyway, if not having rose-tinted glasses about a player means you're not a fan of that player then you are correct; I am tim_duncan_non_fan.

I agree that homerism is bad, but referring to the statistics and playoff wins is hardly homerism. There is a reason that most people would rank Hakeem ahead of David in terms of all-time centers, despite MANY regular season ass-kickings Dave put on him that were earily reminiscent of what Garnett did to Duncan tonight. Just the other day, Webber KILLED KG, posting a 20-20 game on him. Do you think Webber is better than Garnett? Amare averaged 37 against Duncan. Is he considered better though? Not by most, not yet, at least.

Garnett is a great player. He is probably a better basketball-athlete than Tim. But ultimately, greatness comes down, in a large part, to reliability, and back-to-the basket post players take higher percentage shots and are more reliable in crunch time than players who rely on athleticism. That is a huge reaon Tim makes his teammates so much better, and why most would take him over Garnett.

tim_duncan_fan
12-16-2005, 12:00 AM
If Garnett is weak then.....

Wow! What the hell is strong? I mean he's at least as good as TD. I used to deny it too, but after tonight how can people, even homers, still deny that KG is at least on par with TD.

By the way folks, this game is going to help ruin TD's chance to be an All-Star this year(not that he'd mind at all) cause he's already behind in the voting. Stupid T-mac lovers are keeping him from starting.

Duncanoypi
12-16-2005, 12:02 AM
quit playing fantasy hoops baby! or better trade Duncan in your lineup...

dbreiden83080
12-16-2005, 12:07 AM
You know it is going to be mighty funny one day when Timmy is retired and the Spurs are 20-62, all the TD haters will be kissing Tim's ass then.

tim_duncan_fan
12-16-2005, 12:08 AM
ajh-amare never outrebounded Tim by 12, and during the phoenix series Duncan was actually hurt a little, unlike tonight. And about the Hakkem Dave stuff-
In this last championship it was more because of Bigshot and Manu that we won. Duncan was great but down the stretch in games I felt like he flaked and if it wasn't for Bigshot Rob...well you know what would have happened.

FromWayDowntown
12-16-2005, 12:08 AM
Well that's pretty damn stupid of you then, both guys have taken and made big shots in big games, both guys have also been unselfish and passed to their wide open teammates and trusted them to make those shots.

I guess Michael Jordan doesn't have what it takes because he passed to John Paxson in the Finals instead of taking the shot himself.....

I'd be curious about the examples of KG hitting big shots in playoff games, but that's a conversation for another time.

My point is a direct comparison of the 2 in that moment. Tim's team had to have it, gave it to him, and he did it. KG's team had to have it, gave it to him, and he passed up the shot.

The Jordan comparison is ridiculous. It's one thing to pass out of a difficult shot to find an open teammate. Garnett's pass -- for which he was roundly criticized by the media -- was from a good look in the lane to a guy who was pinned by David Robinson. If you think that's the physical equivalent of Jordan's passes to Paxson or Kerr, I'm not going to change your mind. But my recollection is that Garnett had a look that was every bit as good as Timmy's but gave up the ball.

I've not ever tried to imply that KG is horrendous or that he doesn't match up to Tim statistically. KG is a great player and I actually enjoy watching him play. But in my opinion, there is a significant difference between those guys in big-time pressure situations, and I think that moment sums up that difference -- even if you disagree.

dbreiden83080
12-16-2005, 12:10 AM
ajh-amare never outrebounded Tim by 12, and during the phoenix series Duncan was actually hurt a little, unlike tonight. And about the Hakkem Dave stuff-
In this last championship it was more because of Bigshot and Manu that we won. Duncan was great but down the stretch in games I felt like he flaked and if it wasn't for Bigshot Rob...well you know what would have happened.

poser,poser,poser, Timmy goes for 25 and 15, oh man you are awesome i love you. Timmy goes for 15 and 9, man TD you suck go home you are a soft ass player. Tim Duncan fan my ass get lost dickhead.

ajh18
12-16-2005, 12:20 AM
3 nights ago, Webber outscored Garnett by 8 and outrebounded him by 14. Still, I would never consider Webber as skilled as Garnett. I actually like KG.I think he's great, and I think he has had weaker supporting casts for the most part than Duncan. But again, a smart GM would always choose consistent post play over athleticism, because it opens up the court in so many ways, and is more sustainable and consistent. A Duncan-led team, would never miss the playoffs either. Put Tim on the Wolves of last year, they would make the playoffs, not because one is "better" than the other, but because Duncan's consistency and reliance on skill and footwork is more reliable over a season or series than reliance on athleticism. And one on one matchups during the season rarely matter in terms of greatness. Garnett had his stuff going tonight. Great for him. He has to sustain greatness in a playoff series, to WIN, not put up stats, and achieve team success, and then I'll consider him in Duncan's league.

leemajors
12-16-2005, 12:22 AM
"Duncan is hurt"

he was fresh off his painkiller shot to the foot 48 hours ago.

ajh18
12-16-2005, 12:22 AM
Oh, and while I'm unwilling to accept the "you know what would have happened without Robert Horry's shot" argument, even if we HAD lost that series without him, we would STILL have been closer to the title than Garnett EVER has in his career.

leemajors
12-16-2005, 12:25 AM
tim is a better post scorer and defender than garnett. he also has more of everything that matters.

tim_duncan_fan
12-16-2005, 12:33 AM
debreiden- I just have to say one thing:

I'm a fan of what Tim does on the court. I can't talk about how great a person he is because I don't know him. So, if Duncan plays great I'm going to say "What a great game Tim played" and if he sucks like he did tonight, on a night where he didn't even try to get some extra rebounds because his scoring was off and his team needed a boost, I'm going to say "Tim sucked today." I'm not going to be all happy happy joy joy like he didn't suck just to impress some silly people who like Tim a little too much. When I say I am a fan of a player it means that I enjoy watching them play and I want to see them succeed and it makes me disappointed when they play horribly. It doesn't mean I have an undying love for them or everlasting faith in them. This doesn't just go for players on my team either. I'm also a tayshaun_prince_fan and a chris_paul_fan. Do you see how that works?

dbreiden83080
12-16-2005, 12:38 AM

I'm a fan of what Tim does on the court. I can't talk about how great a person he is because I don't know him. So, if Duncan plays great I'm going to say "What a great game Tim played" and if he sucks like he did tonight, on a night where he didn't even try to get some extra rebounds because his scoring was off and his team needed a boost, I'm going to say "Tim sucked today." I'm not going to be all happy happy joy joy like he didn't suck just to impress some silly people who like Tim a little too much. When I say I am a fan of a player it means that I enjoy watching them play and I want to see them succeed and it makes me disappointed when they play horribly. It doesn't mean I have an undying love for them or everlasting faith in them. This doesn't just go for players on my team either. I'm also a tayshaun_prince_fan and a chris_paul_fan. Do you see how that works?

My opinion is when a guy has done all TD has done for the Spurs and you claim to be a fan of him, you owe him a lot more respect that you showed him. Calling him soft and saying we would not have won the finals without Manu and Horry, yeah i agree to an extent with that but do not downplay what Timmy has done. That shit is uncalled for man, Spurs are a fucking lotto team without this man.

infinite styles
12-16-2005, 12:38 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Garnett the ONLY rebounder on the Wolves team. And plantar fascitis is barely a cream puff injury. Try weighing 260lbs and running up and down a court for 30-35 mins every other night on a bad arch and see how much you can bare. Garnett outplayed Duncan tonight plain and simple but I would rather my team have more W's in the end than my star player. Team sports are funny like that, Lebron went 6 games straight scoring over 30 pts and they only won one of those games.

Josh810
12-16-2005, 12:39 AM
Wow! What the hell is strong? I mean he's at least as good as TD. I used to deny it too, but after tonight how can people, even homers, still deny that KG is at least on par with TD.

ajh-amare never outrebounded Tim by 12, and during the phoenix series Duncan was actually hurt a little, unlike tonight.

Again, basing your arguments on ONE GAME in December. It's sad, really. You remind me of Bill Walton-it's all about what happened the game just before. It actually doesn't surprise me that you are so big on KG, because it's pretty clear that you look at stats and individual performances over the team game. Give it up already.

infinite styles
12-16-2005, 12:41 AM
You remind me of Bill Walton-it's all about what happened the game just before.

HAHA I especially like Walton's take on last nights Phoenix game with Diaw.
:smokin

ambchang
12-16-2005, 12:48 AM
Trolls are just amazing, and can come up with every and any kind of minor details to pick on in a game.
Let me see what is the problem here.
Duncan didn't play well, and Garnett played way above his head, and Manu was out of the game, and Parker didn't play particularly well, and Wally played VERY well, and the Spurs won .... what is the problem again?
Oh yeah, Duncan didn't show up in a regular season game in December. Only fans of teams that haven't won 3 championships in 7 years would worry about things like this.

ambchang
12-16-2005, 12:49 AM
So according to this logic, Robert Horry is better than Duncan because Horry has 6 championship rings?
Horry has 6 Finals MVP and 4 regular season MVPs? Or did his post got those lines cut off in your browser?

BlueShark#6
12-16-2005, 12:51 AM

It's a sad truth.
bvllsh!t

they take turns owning one another.

Warlord23
12-16-2005, 12:57 AM
If Garnett is weak then.....

By the way folks, this game is going to help ruin TD's chance to be an All-Star this year(not that he'd mind at all) cause he's already behind in the voting. Stupid T-mac lovers are keeping him from starting.

Look dude, you're basing this 3-page thread on one freaking game. Well, two can play at that game ...

Here it is ... read it and weep
Duncan punks Garnett - 2004-05 (http://www.databasebasketball.com/teams/boxscore.htm?yr=2004&b=20050316&tm=SAS)

Stat line:
Player
T Duncan 25 Pts, 10-21 FGs, 5-8 FTs, 14 Rebs, 6 Assists
K Garnett 12 Pts, 5-15 FGs, 2-4 FTs, 11 Rebs, 0 Assists

Ownage, huh? What does that tell you? That one any given day, each can beat the other. That does not indicate how much they contribute to their team's style of play, dominance, championship potential et al.

tim_duncan_fan
12-16-2005, 12:58 AM
Josh 810-When comparing players on an individual basis you go off of their personal stats. Individual stats are what you go by when you are comparing individuals.
You cant fairly use the number of team awards won when comparing individual players. To make my point clear:

Bigshot Rob has I think 6 rings while Duncan has 3 going on 4. Is Bigshot Rob better than Duncan?

An even better example: Elton Brand is outdoing Duncan in almost every category, but he does not have the better record. Can anybody honestly say Duncan is outplaying Brand just because his team has a better record? Think about that.

Also, I think people are under the impression that I'm a KG fan when I'm really not. I was just feeling sorry for him because he played extra hard and TD didn't do shit but his team still won. You have to admit that Tim won, at least tonight, simply because his team is better than KG's.

mando6599
12-16-2005, 01:01 AM

It's a sad truth.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. TD, ala Michael Jordan, has won each of his rings with different supporting casts each time. It takes a consistent player of superstar status, which is TD, to be able to win like that. If you hypothetically put KG in TD's place, KG, IMO, would not have won any titles. As good as he is, and he's really good, KG doesn't have that winner's mentality, that killer mentality. I think there's also a lot to be said about TD's personality. He's such a competitor and yet he takes a licking from Pop as rookies do. Yet Duncan gets along with his teammates and veteran superstars and stars want to play and win with TD. Finley comes to mind, instead of going to MN. Barry. VanEx. Horry. Anyway, that's my $.02.

infinite styles
12-16-2005, 01:03 AM
Also, I think people are under the impression that I'm a KG fan when I'm really not. I was just feeling sorry for him because he played extra hard and TD didn't do shit but his team still won. You have to admit that Tim won, at least tonight, simply because his team is better than KG's.

Wow man you went out and made a thread because you felt sorry for somebody. I guess I'm more of a team guy where I look at the win/loss column before I go to the box score. KG had a hell of a game and TD was off. Spurs Win and thats all that really matters to me personally. I guess if the Spurs would have lost you would have had a lot more support from others on this thread then you do now.

tim_duncan_fan
12-16-2005, 01:07 AM
Killer mentality? Don't talk things like that when you're tslking about TD. I would take Duncan over KG too, but killer instinct? You must not have seen "the sad face" Tim had while he gave up and sat on the bench in the Finals last year. That was one of the lowest points of his career.

Warlord23
12-16-2005, 01:11 AM
Josh 810-When comparing players on an individual basis you go off of their personal stats. Individual stats are what you go by when you are comparing individuals.
You cant fairly use the number of team awards won when comparing individual players. To make my point clear:

Bigshot Rob has I think 6 rings while Duncan has 3 going on 4. Is Bigshot Rob better than Duncan?

An even better example: Elton Brand is outdoing Duncan in almost every category, but he does not have the better record. Can anybody honestly say Duncan is outplaying Brand just because his team has a better record? Think about that.

Once again, 1 single game.

As ajh mentioned, if that's what its about, Garnett should have been traded by the Wolves for the mighty Chris Webber already:
Webber embarrasses the great KG (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=251212020)
K Garnett 19 PTS, 9-22 FG, 0-0 FT, 7 RB, 4 AST
C. Webber 27 PTS, 13-25 FG, 1-1 FT, 21 RB, 3 AST

Or for a package of Reef and Kenny Thomas maybe?
2004 MVP Shut owned by the Queens (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=251204023)
K Garnett 11 PTS, 3-14 FG, 5-8 FT, 10 RB, 4 AST

Warlord23
12-16-2005, 01:18 AM
Killer mentality? Don't talk things like that when you're tslking about TD. I would take Duncan over KG too, but killer instinct? You must not have seen "the sad face" Tim had while he gave up and sat on the bench in the Finals last year. That was one of the lowest points of his career.

Have you visited the Minnesota forums lately? Try seeing what the ESPN Wolves board is discussing nowadays. They are basically calling KG out for being a pussy and disappearing at the end of close games. Even his die-hard supporters are agreeing that he is useless in the last 2 minutes of a game.

Say what you want about Duncan, he doesn't shy away from pressure, even if that means setting himself up for failure. I mean who would want the ball in the last play of regulation when he's 1-11 from the line? KG looks to get rid of the rock in the clutch even if he's having a good night. This season itself, KG and the Wolves have had numerous let-downs in the late 4th qtr. In fact, they have lost the last 3 games by a combined 5 points. And KG has vanished in the 4th in each of them.

If you think KG is clutch, you should go down to the MN boards and cheer up the poor bastards who're calling for his head.

slayermin
12-16-2005, 01:26 AM
KG missed that last one and the Spurs won.

TD>KG

Josh810
12-16-2005, 01:29 AM

Did I mention anything about team awards?? It's how you play with your team; it's if you make them better. Even when comparing individuals it's not all about stats! That's the whole point. This isn't an NBA Street 1 v. 1 league. Sure, KG would be better at that. The NBA is a team game, and given that, Tim Duncan is a better NBA player. Are you telling me that right now you'd rather have had KG on our team this whole team instead of Tim?

You have to admit that Tim won, at least tonight, simply because his team is better than KG's.
Wow, what brilliant analysis.

tim_duncan_fan
12-16-2005, 01:37 AM
Josh810-I meant TD's supporting cast is better. Meaning if TD and KG had switched supporting casts tonight, KG's team would have won in a blowout. Tell me I didn't really have to spell that out for you.

vincerodriguez23
12-16-2005, 01:47 AM
i think duncan and garnett are equally rated. i cant choose between him or garnett. well, ill probably lean towards duncan because he has 3 championship rings plus 3-time finals MVP to show forth, KG has none.

Josh810
12-16-2005, 02:01 AM
Josh810-I meant TD's supporting cast is better. Meaning if TD and KG had switched supporting casts tonight, KG's team would have won in a blowout. Tell me I didn't really have to spell that out for you.
Wow, only responding to the least important part of my post, I see. Well alright.

I'm just trying to see what your objective in this thread is. Is it to say KG is a better overall NBA player than Duncan? That he would have more rings with the Spurs if we had him instead? Or is he just a better 1 vs. 1 player? Just trying to understand here.

Brutalis
12-16-2005, 02:10 AM
true

Playing hurt = automatic excuse?

Wow rest of your comments = dismissed.

E20
12-16-2005, 02:21 AM
Dude, last year TD's regular season stats are the same as now, but notice in the playoffs his averages elevated just like Manu, because that's when it counts, that is where it is crucial or not. TD has already proven himself in the regular season, so there is no reason to make a big fuss if he doesn't get 20/20 everynight.

T Park
12-16-2005, 03:03 AM
When did Plantar Fascitis become a "minor injury"

That shit is a big time hinderance.

Duncan plays through a hell of alot of pain, but you could tell tonight the foot was bothering him.

It'll bother him Sunday night as well.

Hopefully Fin, Barry, and others step up BIG time.

SequSpur
12-16-2005, 03:08 AM

because troy didn't pass it. are you that dumb?

SequSpur
12-16-2005, 03:09 AM
When did Plantar Fascitis become a "minor injury"
That shit is a big time hinderance.
Duncan plays through a hell of alot of pain, but you could tell tonight the foot was bothering him.
It'll bother him Sunday night as well.
Hopefully Fin, Barry, and others step up BIG time.

you ever try bowling with a sore wrist?

duncan is a prima donna with no balls.

Josh810
12-16-2005, 03:17 AM
you ever try bowling with a sore wrist?

duncan is a prima donna with no balls.

Wow and you are how old?

Duncan gets it done when it matters most, I hope I don't have to bring out Finals statistics to show you that. He plays through nagging injuries, including when he landed on a Seattle players' ankle in the playoffs last year. We know how that game ended. You seem to just say retarded stuff like that to get people riled up.

SequSpur
12-16-2005, 03:19 AM
Duncan gets it done when it matters most, I hope I don't have to bring out Finals statistics to show you that. He plays through nagging injuries, including when he landed on a Seattle players' ankle in the playoffs last year. We know how that game ended. You seem to just say retarded stuff like that to get people riled up.

Past history forum.

Warlord23
12-16-2005, 03:19 AM

Right, and following that logic C-Webb and Kenny Thomas are better than Garnett because they owned him last week. So if Kenny Thomas and Duncan switched teams, Thomas's team would have blown out Duncan's team by 200 points. Also Kenny Thomas has been cheated out of the MVP award for this whole decade, since we're using his last game vs KG to basically decide how good a player he is. Right?

SequSpur
12-16-2005, 03:22 AM
when the twolves and spurs play it is billed as garnett vs. duncan.

garnett is consistently owning duncan.

but the spurs are winning the war, but still I hate to see Garnett dropping 20 and 20 and Rasho has better stats than Duncan.

Josh810
12-16-2005, 03:28 AM
Past history forum.
Ok then, what has Tim done this year to show he's a "primadonna with no balls?" Gotten hurt? Been outplayed a few times?

Amuseddaysleeper
12-16-2005, 03:29 AM
duncan was a no show in games 3-6 of the finals. horry bailed him out in game 5. hell he bailed us out of the entire series in game 5. every season he seems to have more and more slumps.

Josh810
12-16-2005, 03:31 AM
duncan was a no show in games 3-6 of the finals. horry bailed him out in game 5. hell he bailed us out of the entire series in game 5. every season he seems to have more and more slumps.
Well apparently the past doesn't count.

baseline bum
12-16-2005, 04:04 AM

What the hell are you smoking? Duncan had 26 and 19 in game 5, and carried the team through the first three quarters of that game.

I can't believe anyone would ever trade Tim Duncan. The only player since Jordan on-par with Tim is Shaq.

MannyIsGod
12-16-2005, 04:15 AM
:lol @ some people.

mikejones99
12-16-2005, 05:14 AM
Spurs are over 80% and if evryone is healthy they will prove how good they are on Christmas. Tim Duncan is still the best player in the NBA and he is lucky to play with 3 other all stars.

travis2
12-16-2005, 07:46 AM

How about keeping the political bullshit in the Politics cesspool where it belongs, hmmmm?

travis2
12-16-2005, 08:10 AM

but the spurs are winning the war, but still I hate to see Garnett dropping 20 and 20 and Rasho has better stats than Duncan.

Put up or shut up, dipshit. Let's go...post your proof.

Show us all how Garnett is consistently owning Duncan.

Or are you going to pull a KG and have your testicles shrivel up the the clutch?

Ginofan
12-16-2005, 08:34 AM
From the boxscores I could find...

12/15/05
Tim: 13pts, 9rbs, 6asts, 0blks
KG: 24pts, 21rbs, 6asts, 4blks

04/20/05
Tim: 3pts, 6rbs, 3asts, 2blks
KG: 15pts, 11rbs, 5asts, 3blks

03/16/05
Tim: 25pts, 14rbs, 6asts, 5blks
KG: 12pts, 11rbs, 0asts, 2blks

03/23/2004
Tim: 26pts, 8rbs, 5asts, 3blks
KG: 27pts, 10rbs, 4asts, 3blks

03/18/2004
Tim: 22pts, 10rbs, 1asts, 1blks (from the bench!)
KG: 28pts, 12rbs, 3asts, 0blks

01/14/2004
Tim: 36pts, 20rbs, 7asts, 1blk
KG: 22pts, 10rbs, 3asts, 3blks

I hate to admit it, but it looks to be like a fairly even matchup.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-16-2005, 08:35 AM
From the boxscores I could find...

12/15/05
Tim: 13pts, 9rbs, 6asts, 0blks
KG: 24pts, 21rbs, 6asts, 4blks

04/20/05
Tim: 3pts, 6rbs, 3asts, 2blks
KG: 15pts, 11rbs, 5asts, 3blks

03/16/05
Tim: 25pts, 14rbs, 6asts, 5blks
KG: 12pts, 11rbs, 0asts, 2blks

03/23/2004
Tim: 26pts, 8rbs, 5asts, 3blks
KG: 27pts, 10rbs, 4asts, 3blks

03/18/2004
Tim: 22pts, 10rbs, 1asts, 1blks (from the bench!)
KG: 28pts, 12rbs, 3asts, 0blks

01/14/2004
Tim: 36pts, 20rbs, 7asts, 1blk
KG: 22pts, 10rbs, 3asts, 3blks

I hate to admit it, but it looks to be like a fairly even matchup.

if you include tonight, i think garnett has the slight edge

mikejones99
12-16-2005, 08:47 AM
36 20 n 7 jesus. and with wins Duncan has the edge. watch x mas to see how he plays in the clutch

ducks
12-16-2005, 08:49 AM
kg plays better early in the season and fades
kind of like the cavs

pache100
12-16-2005, 08:54 AM
Being given a shot in your foot does not qualify as being injured. That's irritates me when people use the most minor injuries as excuses. ... Duncan's "injury" is more mental. He needs to be able to step up his game whenever it's needed. Sometimes he just flakes out on us and somebody just happens to save his butt examples:in the finals it was Horry today it was finley. If he keeps playing soft like he did today, even the coaches won't vote him into the ASG.

You have obviously never had a heel spur (plantar fasciitis); it's one of the most painful and helpless INJURIES you can have. It most definitely results from an injury, although not a recent one. And the injections they give you for it are excruciating.

BTW, you do not deserve to have your screen name, IMO...you ought to think about changing it to something more appropriate for a Tim Duncan hater.

I can't talk about how great a person he is because I don't know him.

Then, IMO, you should STFU. If you don't know him, you are not a fan and your screen name is a lie.

cherylsteele
12-16-2005, 09:23 AM

Rasho had better stats last night???
4 pts ZERO REBOUNDS
vs.
TD
13 pts. 9 rebounds SIX ASSISTS
What game were you watching.
The biggest reason that TD is better than KG is he is able to make players around him better and therefore win more often in the big games.

MadDog73
12-16-2005, 09:24 AM

It's a sad truth.

Manu played last night? Damn, I missed that part.... :rolleyes

Oh, and uh, who won the game?

If Garnett is so good, why couldn't he win a game on his Home Court?

dn0
12-16-2005, 09:31 AM
OMFG , I can't believe people is questioning Duncan's supremacy for last night's game. KG took it personally as always with Tim last night and he played like it was the last game of his life. Tim went into this game like any other game but what remains important to me is that when timmy got pissed garnett couldn't contain him in the POST and accumulated like 3 fouls in 2 minute span.
I hope we see the timberwolves in the playoffs, that's where the real men are separated from the boys.

td4mvp21
12-16-2005, 09:32 AM
11/11/02
KEVIN GARNETT F 39 5-17 0-1 4-7 3 11 14 3 1 0 3 4 14
TIM DUNCAN F 40 9-22 0-0 2-5 2 7 9 2 4 1 0 2 20

1/27/03
KEVIN GARNETT F 36 14-19 0-0 6-8 3 7 10 8 3 2 2 1 34
TIM DUNCAN F 39 5-17 0-1 7-10 4 6 10 4 5 0 3 1 17

3/12/03
KEVIN GARNETT F 43 6-19 0-0 5-7 2 11 13 7 3 1 1 3 17
TIM DUNCAN F 41 8-17 0-0 2-4 3 11 14 5 2 0 1 3 18

3/21/03
KEVIN GARNETT F 49 12-21 0-3 0-0 8 10 18 8 5 1 5 5 24
TIM DUNCAN F 49 12-21 0-0 5-6 2 10 12 2 0 1 4 3 29

2/23/02
KEVIN GARNETT F 41 13-21 2-2 2-2 4 7 11 5 2 1 4 1 30
TIM DUNCAN F 39 10-20 0-0 5-6 2 4 6 5 2 0 3 1 25

Those are during his MVP seasons. I don't think anyone on this board would have dared say Garnett was better during those seasons. Just some more matchups for the dumb bitches that think Duncan should be traded. Go to hell or be a Lakers fan (I don't know which is worse at the moment), you can't judge a player's ability vs. another's by this matchup. Last year Chris Kaman outplayed Duncan one game. I dont think any of the idiots in here were proclaiming to trade Duncan for Kaman. Or maybe IceColdBrewski did. Just :stfu already.

ambchang
12-16-2005, 09:50 AM
I am not aware of the fact that Bigshot Rob has Finals MVPs and regular season MVPs, I must have went into hibernation in those years. And yes, those two categories were stated in the post.

Ummmm ... yes.

Because you are a "Dallas Mavericks fan". Seriously, how many logins do you have? Do you ever get confused logging in and forgot to switch personalities?

ambchang
12-16-2005, 09:55 AM
Congratulations! We have a psychologist!
I also seem to recall Game 5 and 7 in which Duncan played well (sans the missed FTs). Sometimes, leading a team to championships are just not enough, it is so much tougher to lose in the 1st round SEVEN years in a row. I mean, damn!

SequSpur
12-16-2005, 10:09 AM
Garnett > Duncan

Spurs > T Wolves

travis2
12-16-2005, 10:11 AM
*sound of shriveling fills the air*

Spurzn703
12-16-2005, 10:14 AM
Bunch of douchebags. Tim is a winner. Has been since Wake Forest. What has KG done? If he's soooo good and hasnt had the supporting cast, then go to another team.

I'll take Tim anyday of the week.

Useruser666
12-16-2005, 10:15 AM
Spursdone got a new screen name?

sickdsm
12-16-2005, 10:15 AM
First all, i think theres a difference playing hurt and playing stupid. If your out there with PF that's just dumb. Can't wait to to find out what you guys think when he tears it and is done for the season. Second off all, the whole supporting cast is about as BS as an in-touch liberal. How many played D? Moron forgot to mention that Wally had a career altering injury the year he was an all star too. As for the fouls on KG, that's another gripe i have. No wonder you guys love to watch the pistons match up. What is allowed on the defensive end is totally different than the offensive end when it comes to those two teams. The reputation is there so thats whats allowed. I do realize it takes time but hopefully if these guys grind it out like the've been doing maybe it'll change. Of course KG played like it was personall, he can't rely on Horry or Finley to bail him out. The reason why he's loved so much is he plays like that every game. He's like Madsen with skill.

I do love though how inept your FT shooting must be if EVERY SINGLE FT shot when KG straighten's his body up really quick that you guys missed. Seriouslly, you guys have a FT coach, don't you? Did they ever think of putting distractions in there at practice? Does a brick sign or those little slapstick things throw their A game off?

FWIW, the game was a complete turnaround whenever KG wasn't in the game. That does'nt show up in the boxscore. team defense was worse. The second shot by Horry is a good example. I heard the announcer's saying Griffen didn't close out good enough. It was McCants fault though for going for Barry's? pump fake and griffen slightly rotated to help out after he started driving. Simple things like that aren't taking into account.

ambchang
12-16-2005, 10:18 AM

December 24, 2004 Spurs 96, Wolves 82
KG - 41 mins 4/16 FG 6/8 FT 10reb 9Ast 2Stls 1Blks 7TOs 4 Fouls 15 Pts
TD - 38 mins 8/23 FG 3/4 FT 10reb 2Ast 1Stls 0Blks 1TOs 1 Foul 19 Pts

March 16, 2004 Spurs 89, Wolves 73
KG - 33 mins 5/15 FG 2/4 FT 11reb 0Ast 1Stls 2Blks 3TOs 2 Fouls 12 Pts
TD - 35 mins 10/21 FG 5/8 FT 14reb 6Ast 1Stls 5Blks 1 TO 2 Fouls 25 Pts

April 20, 2004 Spurs 73, Wolves 95 Note: (Last game of season, Spurs getting rest)
TD - 23 mins 1/8 FG 1-2 FT 6 reb 3Ast 0Stls 2Blks 2TOs 1Foul 3Pts
KG - 29 mins 6/17 FG 3-3 FT 11 reb 5Ast 2Stls 3Blks 2TOs 2 Fouls 15Pts

Somebody did get owned, too bad it was you.

SequSpur
12-16-2005, 10:20 AM
Last night Garnett put up Hall of Famer numbers to Duncan's NBDL numbers.

Sup?

ambchang
12-16-2005, 10:22 AM
Didn't Duncan lead the Spurs with 26/19? and created double teams so that Horry get open 3 after open 3? It helps that Horry nailed those shots, and was a major contributor in the game, but to say that Duncan was bailed out in that game by Horry shows absolutely no knowledge of the game (or if you are ESPN broadcasters, which I assume have at least SOME level of knowledge of the game to get the job, but talks to the level of unknowledgable sports fans to keep their jobs).

pache100
12-16-2005, 10:22 AM
First all, i think theres a difference playing hurt and playing stupid. If your out there with PF that's just dumb. Can't wait to to find out what you guys think when he tears it and is done for the season.

I don't even know what your first sentence means.

As far as being "out there with PF" being just dumb...WTF? This condition doesn't go away, usually, without surgery. Most people who have it learn to live with it, even basketball players. There are treatments that alleviate the pain somewhat, but if Tim is going to stop playing because of PF, his career would probably be over unless he opted for the surgery (and the heel spurs usually come back, even after surgery). It's not a life-ending condition, and it's better at times than at others (when you have a flare-up). Do you even know what plantar faciitis is?

As for you not being able to wait to find out what we will think "when he tears it and is done for the season"...um...tears WHAT?

ambchang
12-16-2005, 10:27 AM

Sup?
Last night you were talking about Garnett consistently owning Duncan.

Sup?

polandprzem
12-16-2005, 10:30 AM
Didn't Duncan lead the Spurs with 26/19? and created double teams so that Horry get open 3 after open 3? It helps that Horry nailed those shots, and was a major contributor in the game, but to say that Duncan was bailed out in that game by Horry shows absolutely no knowledge of the game (or if you are ESPN broadcasters, which I assume have at least SOME level of knowledge of the game to get the job, but talks to the level of unknowledgable sports fans to keep their jobs).
And Horry was making mistakes all 3 and a half of quarter...

Chamberlain was better (average) in the battle between him and Russell.
Witl 2
Bill 11

Cant_Be_Faded
12-16-2005, 10:30 AM
I don't even know what your first sentence means.

As far as being "out there with PF" being just dumb...WTF? This condition doesn't go away, usually, without surgery. Most people who have it learn to live with it, even basketball players. There are treatments that alleviate the pain somewhat, but if Tim is going to stop playing because of PF, his career would probably be over unless he opted for the surgery (and the heel spurs usually come back, even after surgery). It's not a life-ending condition, and it's better at times than at others (when you have a flare-up). Do you even know what plantar faciitis is?

As for you not being able to wait to find out what we will think "when he tears it and is done for the season"...um...tears WHAT?

his fascii

Oh, Gee!!
12-16-2005, 10:31 AM
Garnett had a monster game, I can't wait till he signs with the spurs. can you imagine TD and KG running through the playoffs for the next 5 years?

pache100
12-16-2005, 10:32 AM
his fascii

It's really rare that that happens. As long as they are taking care of Tim's, controlling the inflammation around the spur, it probably won't happen. Wishful thinking on your part?

Cant_Be_Faded
12-16-2005, 10:35 AM
It's really rare that that happens. As long as they are taking care of Tim's, controlling the inflammation around the spur, it probably won't happen. Wishful thinking on your part?

No, I don't know anything about PF other than it ended Todd McCollough's career, and I think my little sister has it and got some better shoes to alleviate the pain. People on here said it can tear, hopefully it doesnt.

Duncanoypi
12-16-2005, 10:36 AM

Sup?

Sequ only watch NBA last night....JFYI... :lol

ChumpDumper
12-16-2005, 10:38 AM
KG had a great night.

Tim didn't.

Whoop-de-doo.

pache100
12-16-2005, 10:45 AM
No, I don't know anything about PF other than it ended Todd McCollough's career, and I think my little sister has it and got some better shoes to alleviate the pain. People on here said it can tear, hopefully it doesnt.

I have it. My Mom has it. My Grandmother had it and her father, my Great-Grandfather had it. My brother has it and my sister may have it; I have two cousins that have it. They say it "probably" isn't hereditary, but????

We all have different degrees (of pain). Good shoes help; there are appliances you can put in the heel of your shoes that help (Mom used one of these for awhile). Lots of things help. They have treatments for it today that seem like miracles. I don't know anyone personally who has had the surgery, but I've been told that if it gets bad enough to get to that point, your life is never the same. So far, I've been lucky enough to be able to live with it.

dn0
12-16-2005, 10:46 AM

Sup?

Why don't we talk about garnett playing like shit in the past few games and bricking shots in the clutch while Duncan was posting a 27/22 game and send it to overtime against the clippers a couple of nights ago.
KG couldn't defend Duncan when Tim finally decided to show a little agressiveness in the POST last night.
I hate this one game conclusions about a player's reputation, specially when comparing Tim to a "franchise" player that has only seen the WCF once in a 10 year career.

malone > KG

ChumpDumper
12-16-2005, 10:47 AM
PF + triple teams = bad night for Duncan.

Not the first or last time we'll see it, so be happy we have a team that can compensate.

T Park
12-16-2005, 11:00 AM
the whole supporting cast is about as BS as an in-touch liberal

lol

I like Sick AGAIN!!!

KG had a great night.

Tim didn't.

Whoop-de-doo

Exactly.....

Useruser666
12-16-2005, 11:14 AM
How many people were guarding TD? How many people were guarding KG?

wildbill2u
12-16-2005, 11:26 AM

I looked this plantar fascia thing up. It's a bone spur on the bottom of the heel. I've had bone spurs on the back of my heel and I cant begin to tell you how much they hurt. They inflame the nerve endings. I guarantee you that a bone spur can make it impossible to walk, much less play basketball. I suppose the shot helped, but TD has my admiration for even going out on the court.

pache100
12-16-2005, 11:29 AM
I looked this plantar fascia thing up. It's a bone spur on the bottom of the heel. I've had bone spurs on the back of my heel and I cant begin to tell you how much they hurt. They inflame the nerve endings. I guarantee you that a bone spur can make it impossible to walk, much less play basketball. I suppose the shot helped, but TD has my admiration for even going out on the court.

YES!!!!! http://tinypic.com/io13si.gif

LilMissSPURfect
12-16-2005, 11:35 AM
I take the win...and the one with rings...

KG would too!!!! :fro :fro

http://imagesource.allposters.com/images/153/aafr020.jpg :fro :fro

smeagol
12-16-2005, 11:43 AM
Some SpursFans are so fucking ungreatfull its not even funny.

This was only one game. It means nothing. Get it through you thick moronic skulls.

TD is the reason why this franchise has the best record in all pro sports and a fundamental reason why you fuckers can boast with guys like sick that your team has three championships and his has none.

You guys are a fucking disgrace.

my2sons
12-16-2005, 11:55 AM
ain't nothing like a moral victory....so are the wolve going to win their conference with a .500 record. Tim makes teamates better, no flash no crash just pure substance over style. KG is the most impressive LOSER in the nba today.

easjer
12-16-2005, 11:59 AM
I'm just shaking my head over this whole thing.

Head to head? The matchup has proven fairly equal. The team support has not. Duncan's individual acheivements outrank Garnett's. Okay.

What amazes me, though, is how much for granted people take Tim Duncan. Horry bailed him out in Game 5? Really? Okay. Nevermind Horry's horrendous game until the fourth or Duncan's superb game through the first three quarters, or the injuries to both ankles. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Horry made the shots he did but if he'd made them earlier Duncan's substandard play in one quarter would not have mattered.

Duncan relies on his teammates too much? Well, guess what? It's a team sport! You should be able to rely on your team! If it were merely a one on one game (in spite of how it's billed) then this thread might be relevant to something. How DARE Timmy let other good players on his team play well! He should DEMAND the ball and try to score on every posession. Maybe then pointless and stupid threads like this from bandwagon fans who backpeddle their positions after a fucking win would cease to exist.

pache100
12-16-2005, 12:01 PM
Here's a link if you want to read up on plantar fasciitis:

http://healthlink.mcw.edu/article/987116429.html

smeagol
12-16-2005, 12:01 PM
For the imbecile SpursFans that love to critizice TD when he has an off game, why don't you ask sickdsm if he would trade KG for TD and the three titles we won.

Actually, now that I think about it, that's what you morons deserve. A trade where we give the wolves three titles and TD and we get "superstar", "nobody plays better than me", "I never pad my stats", "I'm a great guy and have never punched a team mate in practice simply because he punked me", KG

tekdragon
12-16-2005, 12:02 PM

Sup?

Last night Garnett put up an L to Duncan's W.

Sup?

Oh, Gee!!
12-16-2005, 12:22 PM
Smeagol, you take this board way too seriously. You'll give yourself a tumor worrying about what others think about the Spurs.

smeagol
12-16-2005, 12:32 PM
Smeagol, you take this board way too seriously. You'll give yourself a tumor worrying about what others think about the Spurs.
Thanks for worrying about me, but I'm fine. Sometimes I read shit and I get ticked off.

sickdsm
12-16-2005, 12:44 PM
I have it. My Mom has it. My Grandmother had it and her father, my Great-Grandfather had it. My brother has it and my sister may have it; I have two cousins that have it. They say it "probably" isn't hereditary, but????

We all have different degrees (of pain). Good shoes help; there are appliances you can put in the heel of your shoes that help (Mom used one of these for awhile). Lots of things help. They have treatments for it today that seem like miracles. I don't know anyone personally who has had the surgery, but I've been told that if it gets bad enough to get to that point, your life is never the same. So far, I've been lucky enough to be able to live with it.

Ummm, no. Try again. Wally was out most of the year two years ago because of this. I think that was the same year Marko Jaric was out. Its not just a bone spur.

"Sometimes plantar fasciitis is called "heel spurs", but this is not always accurate, since bony growths on the heel may or may not be a factor"

If your already straining it, its dumb to push it. Thats how Flip hurt Wally but pushing him in preseason when it was strained. Its one of the most painful injuries you can have when/if it goes and the most frustrating because you THINK you can play through it until its rips. Kinda like Suns fans discrediting the major, major surgery Amare had.

Player News
Sonics guard Rick Brunson is expected to be sidelined at least two months because of a foot injury. Brunson, bothered by plantar fasciitis all season, tore the fascia in his left foot during practice Monday. He said he was making a move during a one-on-on drill and heard something in his foot pop.
(Updated 11/29/2005).
Injury Report
Foot - I-L. Out until at least late January
(Updated - 11/29/05)
Fantasy Analysis
"I tried to come back and see how I felt with some type of pain. When I tore it that was it," Brunson, wearing a protective boot and using a crutch, said Tuesday. "I've never had to sit out a long period of time. It's frustrating because I wanted to bring something to this team." If for some reason you owned Brunson in a Fantasy league, it's safe to drop him.
(Updated 11/29/2005).

This is actually pretty common on how it tears. Guys think they should just play through it.

ORLANDO MAGIC - *Center Kelvin Cato (ankle) is doubtful for Friday's game against Dallas. Guard Keyon Dooling (plantar fasciitis) is sidelined indefinitely.

sickdsm
12-16-2005, 01:01 PM
For the imbecile SpursFans that love to critizice TD when he has an off game, why don't you ask sickdsm if he would trade KG for TD and the three titles we won.

Actually, now that I think about it, that's what you morons deserve. A trade where we give the wolves three titles and TD and we get "superstar", "nobody plays better than me", "I never pad my stats", "I'm a great guy and have never punched a team mate in practice simply because he punked me", KG

LOL, tim doesn't win any titles in MN. I think it would be a trade that would make both teams better bc like ive said many times before, KG is a slightly better all round except duncan is a better scorer. The wolves don't have enough scoring, when they did, they would have won it had it not been for an injury. KG is more of a team scorer. The examples of AK and Zach Randolph are exaggerated but it gets to the point i'm trying to make. Your team defense improves, your team offense improves and realistically you should expect three all stars from your team every year. KG can average over 20 ppg in his sleep, all from plays not designed for him but he will get your entire team involved.

Your really blind if you still think KG pads his stats. Look at the game last night, your entire team got punked whenever KG was in the game. He leaves and the lead evaporates. 10 pt leads become deficets pretty fast even late in the game. Its something you don't think about bc your coaching staff does such a great job from player 1 to player 12.

Josh810
12-16-2005, 01:01 PM
Garnett > Duncan

Spurs > T Wolves

You seem to just say retarded stuff like that to get people riled up.

pache100
12-16-2005, 02:06 PM
Ummm, no. Try again.

Well, Dr sickdsm, of course I bow to your superior knowledge and intelligence. Please don't pay any attention to someone who has been dealing with the problem for about 20 years and has lived in a family who has been dealing with the problem for 50+ years. God knows we don't have anything to contribute to a conversation about heel spurs.

I think you would be amazed to know how many professional, college, and even high school athletes have plantar fasciitis and play/practice/deal with it every day of their lives. People just do not stop living (or playing or working or anything) because they have it. For example, did you know Kobe Bryant has it? He was diagnosed over a year ago. Brian Grant has it. Keith Van Horn has it.

I'm sure there are tons of others, too, but those are the ones I remember reading about when I was researching the condition a few months ago when they told my sister she may have it.

SpursWoman
12-16-2005, 02:23 PM
I don't know anyone personally who has had the surgery, but I've been told that if it gets bad enough to get to that point, your life is never the same.

My mom had it bad enough for surgery...where they open up the foot and basically grind/file it off.... :(

TDfan2007
12-16-2005, 02:30 PM
Tim and Kevin have played eachother to a standstill during their careers. However Tim's teams win more because not only is Tim's supporting cast slightly better but Tim sets his teammates up to shine because of the constant double and triple teams he faces. Very rarely do you see Tim attack a double team, most of the time he finds the open man for an easy shot or kicks it out to another player who then finds the open man.

BTW, rebounds aside, Tim took 15 shots and Kevin took 19 because Tim was faced with constant double and triple teams leading to easy buckets for his teammates which in turn gave them confidence which in turn allowed them to shine down the stretch.

One game means nothing in a head to head matchup. Look at how they've matched up against each other during previous years. Look at the playoffs. Remember game 1 of the first round in the 2001 playoffs?

But if you want to say who's better based on one game here's a game where Tim thoughrowly dominated KG during KG's MVP season:

Tim Duncan F 45 14-26 0-1 8-15 11 9 20 7 1 1 1 1 36 (36 pts 20 rbs 7ast)

Kevin Garnett F 36 9-19 0-0 4-5 2 8 10 3 5 1 2 3 22 (22 pts 10 rbs 3 ast)

Tim outplayed Kevin in that game more so than Kevin outplayed Tim last night.

Bottom line, I would Take Tim over KG even with his injury.

pache100
12-16-2005, 02:34 PM
My mom had it bad enough for surgery...where they open up the foot and basically grind/file it off.... :(

That's exactly why I decided to avoid the surgery if at all possible. I also have bursitis in my shoulders, and the treatment is about the same (they rotate your shoulder and grind off the calcium deposits http://tinypic.com/io41s3.gif). I told the doctors I would do something about it when it became debilitating to me and I couldn't stand it any more. http://tinypic.com/io41vk.gif

E20
12-16-2005, 03:07 PM
Td > Kg

Dre_7
12-16-2005, 03:14 PM
Player News
Sonics guard Rick Brunson is expected to be sidelined at least two months because of a foot injury. Brunson, bothered by plantar fasciitis all season, tore the fascia in his left foot during practice Monday. He said he was making a move during a one-on-on drill and heard something in his foot pop.

I had Plantear Fascitis (how the hell do you spell it?!?!) as a Soph in highschool. I thought I would be fine. During a game we were on a fast break and we turned it over, I turned to get back on D, and POP! I heard it pop and took one step and ended up on the ground. Very painful. I was out for a while. It is scary. Hope nothing happens to Tim!

my2sons
12-16-2005, 03:53 PM
LOL, tim doesn't win any titles in MN. I think it would be a trade that would make both teams better bc like ive said many times before, KG is a slightly better all round except duncan is a better scorer. The wolves don't have enough scoring, when they did, they would have won it had it not been for an injury. KG is more of a team scorer. The examples of AK and Zach Randolph are exaggerated but it gets to the point i'm trying to make. Your team defense improves, your team offense improves and realistically you should expect three all stars from your team every year. KG can average over 20 ppg in his sleep, all from plays not designed for him but he will get your entire team involved.

Your really blind if you still think KG pads his stats. Look at the game last night, your entire team got punked whenever KG was in the game. He leaves and the lead evaporates. 10 pt leads become deficets pretty fast even late in the game. Its something you don't think about bc your coaching staff does such a great job from player 1 to player 12.

Wow, then again, some coaches let players get theirs and guard all others. the spurs had this game in hand, but missed free throws and a few missed assignments that allowed the t-pups back in the game. its not always as it appears, and the spurs continue to win, kg continues to CHOKE away tight games and t dunc gets to listen to whiney little chants by people who can say nothing else negative about a team thats only lost 4 games. With all the support that timmy has, how many games would this team realistically win without him. the supporting cast that is assembled is assembled to compliment the two time mvp. blame kevin mchale and kg's fat contract for his lack of support.

sprrs
12-16-2005, 04:18 PM

Sup?

I guess we should trade Duncan for some scrub then

I'll go call Pop

sprrs
12-16-2005, 04:23 PM
LOL, tim doesn't win any titles in MN.

Tim does get last year's Wolves to the playoffs though

Useruser666
12-16-2005, 04:50 PM
KG doesn't get doubled like Tim because he plays outside in. Tim gets doubled all the time because he plays inside out.

yeahone
12-16-2005, 06:16 PM

It's a sad truth.

haha :pctoss

GO SPurs Go
12-16-2005, 06:25 PM
Wow guys, you say we should trade Duncan (Two Time MVP Three Time Finals MVP, leading scorer for past 5 seasons, and a bunch of other great shit) for Garnett just because he outplayed him...... We're already above the Salary Cap and yes..... Garnett earns mor than Duncan (kind of sad isnt it). So stop abandoning your players every time they screw up........

ChumpDumper
12-16-2005, 06:57 PM
The author of this thread spent all of last summer calling Duncan a sissy and giving up on the Spurs two more times than TPark did.

zocool16
12-16-2005, 07:28 PM
i think whoever posted this is just a retard. duncan is the better player. kg might more skilled but duncan's got things that someone with a low basketball iq wouldnt notice. tsk tsk disappointing to see people saying stuff only cuz of 1 game

sickdsm
12-16-2005, 08:10 PM
Well, Dr sickdsm, of course I bow to your superior knowledge and intelligence. Please don't pay any attention to someone who has been dealing with the problem for about 20 years and has lived in a family who has been dealing with the problem for 50+ years. God knows we don't have anything to contribute to a conversation about heel spurs.

I think you would be amazed to know how many professional, college, and even high school athletes have plantar fasciitis and play/practice/deal with it every day of their lives. People just do not stop living (or playing or working or anything) because they have it. For example, did you know Kobe Bryant has it? He was diagnosed over a year ago. Brian Grant has it. Keith Van Horn has it.

I'm sure there are tons of others, too, but those are the ones I remember reading about when I was researching the condition a few months ago when they told my sister she may have it.

First its this:

" Please don't pay any attention to someone who has been dealing with the problem for about 20 years and has lived in a family who has been dealing with the problem for 50+ years."

Same breath its this:

"those are the ones I remember reading about when I was researching the condition a few months ago when they told my sister she may have it"

Why would you have to research it when you've been dealing with it for 20 years and your family (which by my research last month includes you AND your sister) for 50? Apparently your either not much of an expert or you forgot all the knowledge you had, either way your not making any sense.

Plantar fasciitis and plantar fascia aren't the same thing. Plantar Fasciitis you CAN play on but its a dumb decision to bc theres a very big chance of it tearing. You appear to be talking about your bone spurs on your foot. Read another exerpt from that site:

Why does running cause plantar fasciitis so easily?! Plantar fasciitis (more on: plantar fasciitis) is epecially prone to develop in athletes as a result of extensive running and exercise. Plantar fasciitis occurs when the long, flat ligament on the bottom of the foot (Plantar Fascia) stretches irregularly and develops small tears that cause the ligament to become inflamed

I'll laugh at you, not timmy though, but i'll LMAO at YOU if Duncan does snap it, done for the year, and you've wasted a what i still think appears to be a sure title shot.

Hell, at least when David got hurt they had a lottery pick the year after.

Rummpd
12-17-2005, 08:55 AM
Lets get this straight in the past week Webber badly outplays Garnett who badly outplays Duncan who badly outplays Brand does that mean we should trade Duncan for Webber or for that matter anyone else = hell no!

It was one damm game against the Wolves and the Spurs by the way won (which was not the case for Garnett vs. Webber, or Brand vs. Duncan)!

Let me go to war with Tim on my team any time period.

td4mvp21
12-17-2005, 01:06 PM
I saw Webber play last night-if any of you think Duncan plays like him, you need to :stfu and be grateful. Quit taking Duncan for granted he's awesome. He had a bad game against an MVP candidate rival, WHO CARES? We got the win. If he had outplayed him and we lost, you all would be bitching about how Duncan doesn't play great enough to lead us to victory. :stfu

5ToolMan
12-17-2005, 03:50 PM
Displayed in this thread is a real lack of knowledge of the game by most everybody on BOTH SIDES of this discussion.

First off, everyone needs to drop the BS that KG "punked" Tim. This type of macho babble comes from the lightminded who don't have a clue of what is required to build an NBA Champion in this TEAM sport.

In the Spurs VICTORY over the Wolves, the game was essentially decided in the 2nd quarter. In this quarter, the Spurs TEAM, anchored by Duncan's total control of the paint the last 10 minutes of the quarter, held KG's Wolves TEAM to ONLY EIGHT POINTS, the lowest point total for any one quarter in Wolves HISTORY.

With a lead often in double digits, Tim had no reason to try to load the Spurs on his back by himself. As the best player in the NBA, he knew to play the odds and use his mates to take what was given. KG, on the other hand, continued to press his game more, to stay in a game he and the Wolves put themselves out of in the second quarter.

Although KG and the Wolves held tough, it was Tim's greatness at a key moment that changed the flow of the game and stopped the only real Wolfe challange in its' tracks. At the very moment KG and the Wolves closed the game to a single basket or two, for three posessions in a row, Pop called 4-down and Tim forced KG into three fouls, and it was clear; fouling Tim was KG's only chance to slow a determined Duncan.

Although Tim only hit 3 of the 6 foul shots, the momentum was slowed, and the flow of the game was turned, as the roar of the crowd was reduced to the sound of KG's nut sac shriviling ... again.

Tim is a THREE TIME NBA CHAMPION and A THREE TIME FINALS MVP for a reason, same as KG ... is not!

Rummpd
12-17-2005, 06:23 PM
FYI my comments were toungue in cheek except to point out that you do not judge a superstar by one regular season game, maybe a game 7 but this whole thread is inane. Duncan is the man period.

sickdsm
12-17-2005, 07:02 PM
Displayed in this thread is a real lack of knowledge of the game by most everybody on BOTH SIDES of this discussion.

First off, everyone needs to drop the BS that KG "punked" Tim. This type of macho babble comes from the lightminded who don't have a clue of what is required to build an NBA Champion in this TEAM sport.

In the Spurs VICTORY over the Wolves, the game was essentially decided in the 2nd quarter. In this quarter, the Spurs TEAM, anchored by Duncan's total control of the paint the last 10 minutes of the quarter, held KG's Wolves TEAM to ONLY EIGHT POINTS, the lowest point total for any one quarter in Wolves HISTORY.

With a lead often in double digits, Tim had no reason to try to load the Spurs on his back by himself. As the best player in the NBA, he knew to play the odds and use his mates to take what was given. KG, on the other hand, continued to press his game more, to stay in a game he and the Wolves put themselves out of in the second quarter.

Although KG and the Wolves held tough, it was Tim's greatness at a key moment that changed the flow of the game and stopped the only real Wolfe challange in its' tracks. At the very moment KG and the Wolves closed the game to a single basket or two, for three posessions in a row, Pop called 4-down and Tim forced KG into three fouls, and it was clear; fouling Tim was KG's only chance to slow a determined Duncan.

Although Tim only hit 3 of the 6 foul shots, the momentum was slowed, and the flow of the game was turned, as the roar of the crowd was reduced to the sound of KG's nut sac shriviling ... again.

Tim is a THREE TIME NBA CHAMPION and A THREE TIME FINALS MVP for a reason, same as KG ... is not!

Would you be talking about that 14-2 run when KG wasn't in the game in the second quarter?

Oh Yeah... :rolleyes

Besides, it came out today that the spurs cheated. They had to replace the south hoop because it was slanted. :D

But for real, they did have to replace it bc of that.

pjjrfan
12-18-2005, 08:28 AM
KG and Tim play different games, KG will not dominate a game from the low post such as Tim and Shag. KG's game is more suited to his superior atletic skills, he can drain it from the outside, and he can drive by almost every big man out there, but he won't go down low for like 5 or 6 straight possessions and force defenses to collapse on him. That's not his game.

As last night showed, Tim can do that, and when he is hitting it just sucks up defenses and makes opportunities for his teammates, and opens up the floor for the shooters and drivers. And Tim can play the low post for an entire game a problem for the opposing team, that coming into SA without a game plan to stop Tim is basically giving the Spurs the game.

Duncan21
12-18-2005, 10:05 AM
KG and Tim play different games, KG will not dominate a game from the low post such as Tim and Shag.

shag? :lol