PDA

View Full Version : Chicago (11-10) at Detroit (16-3)

ducks
12-16-2005, 09:36 AM
Chicago (11-10) at Detroit (16-3)

Preview - Box Score - Recap

Game Info: 8:00 pm EST Fri Dec 16, 2005
TV: CSNC, WDIV Add to Calendar
Buy Tickets

Chauncey Billups and the rest of the Detroit Pistons are flourishing under new coach Flip Saunders.
The defending Eastern Conference champions will try to establish a new franchise-best start after 20 games when they host the Chicago Bulls.

The Pistons, who won the NBA title in 2004 and lost a tough seven-game Finals to San Antonio last season under Larry Brown, have not skipped a beat with Saunders at the helm. They are 16-3 after 19 games, already assuring themselves of tying the previous franchise best established in the 1996-97 season.

Billups, the 2004 Finals MVP, has found Saunders' more open offensive style liberating. He scored 28 points and handed out a career-best and NBA season-high 19 assists in Wednesday's 109-98 home victory over Sacramento.

Billups had a double-double by halftime -- 14 points and 11 assists -- and most of his assists went to backcourt mate Richard Hamilton, who finished with 36 points.

ADVERTISEMENT

"With about three or four minutes left, Carlos (Arroyo) told me that I had 17 (assists), and I knew that was my career high," Billups said. "So I just started calling Rip's play over and over."

His coach enjoyed the show.

"He's probably the one guy in the league at that position who gives you the complete package -- defending, getting guys the ball and scoring," said Saunders.

Ben Wallace had 17 rebounds and a career-high four steals for Detroit, which is averaging 111.9 points at home this season, compared to 91.8 on the road.

The Pistons have won 25 of their last 29 meetings with the Bulls, but Chicago has won two in a row at Detroit.

The Bulls continued their stellar play away from the United Center with a 105-94 win Wednesday at Toronto. Chicago has won seven of its last eight road games, averaging 103.5 points during that span.

The Bulls shot a season-high 58 percent and went 9-for-17 from 3-point range in their 10th straight win against the Raptors.

Darius Songaila led the Bulls with 18 points and seven Chicago players reached double figures. Songaila has scored 15 or more points in the Bulls' last three games after reaching double figures twice in the first 18 games.

Toronto led by five at halftime, but the Bulls outscored the Raptors 25-12 in the third quarter, forcing eight turnovers in the period.

"When we got really active, which is how we play our best, we did a great job of stopping (Toronto), got out on the open floor, got easier baskets and were able to get the lead," said Bulls coach Scott Skiles.

STANDINGS (throygh Dec. 15): Bulls - 5th place, 6 GB, Central Division. Pistons - 1st place, Central Division.

PROBABLE STARTERS: Bulls - F Andres Nocioni, F Luol Deng, C Mike Sweetney, G Kirk Hinrich, G Chris Duhon. Pistons - F Tayshaun Prince, F Rasheed Wallace, C Ben Wallace, G Hamilton, G Billups.

TEAM LEADERS: Bulls - Deng, 15.0 ppg; Tyson Chandler, 8.5 rpg; Hinrich, 7.0 apg. Pistons - Hamilton, 22.3 ppg; Ben Wallace, 11.5 rpg; Billups, 8.6 apg.

SEASON SERIES: Pistons, 1-0.

LAST MEETING: Dec. 3; Pistons 92-79. At Chicago, the Bulls watched a 15-point second-quarter lead turn into a 17-point third quarter deficit as Rasheed Wallace scored 26 points to lead the Pistons' comeback.

ROAD/HOME RECORDS: Bulls - 7-5 on the road; Pistons - 6-1 at home.

FreshPrince22
12-16-2005, 11:55 PM
Now that is what I call a vicious beatdown.
________
Washington Marijuana Dispensaries (http://washington.dispensaries.org/)

jochhejaam
12-17-2005, 08:26 AM
Detroit 110 - Chicago 82 :smokin

Chaucey 15 pts and 8 assists in only 25 minutes.

Pistons are shooting the 3's really well this year.

Rasheed 39-82 .476
Hamilton 14-30 .467
Billups 45-98 .459

Teams 3pt% is .414 128-309
Opponents is .329 68-207

Last year the Pistons 3pt% .345
Opponents shot .338

Flips offensive schemes are cookin'!

mike detroit
12-17-2005, 09:43 AM
great win by the stones. The announcers had it right when they said, at one point, that watching this game you could just tell the whole time that chicago had no chance of winning. this team is scary when they're clicking like that.

DarkReign
12-19-2005, 10:21 AM
Im usually not that excited for any team this early, but...

My God, the Pistons man! Sometimes, they have a walk, a swagger, that just personifies confidence.

Pure ownage. Lock you up, or run you out of the building, these Pistons are on a f-ing mission.

I look forward to just watching them play. They are just plain fun to watch. So dominating and confident.

Billups is an All-Star, no question. But you could make a serious argument that Rip and Sheed belong as well. Sheed has been a FORCE early. Rip is a 30 ppg guy. Heck, didnt he score like 45 this year?

Amazing. Simply amazing.