PDA

View Full Version : Fact Check: Swift Boat Veterans For "Truth"

Nbadan
08-15-2004, 04:29 PM
In an Aug. 9 update we stated that Kerry's citation for the Silver Star made no mention of killing a Viet Cong. In fact, there are three citations, and one of the three does indeed mention the killing.This merely strengthens our conclusion that George Elliott's second affidavit is misleading. All three citations make clear that Kerry was not awarded the Silver Star for the reasons Elliott implied. We have amended our article on the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth ad to reflect this.

Elliott, who was Kerry's commanding officer at the time, now says he believes Kerry shot a Viet Cong in the back, adding: "Had I known the facts, I would not have recommended Kerry for the Silver Star for simply pursuing and dispatching a single, wounded, fleeing Viet Cong." But the one citation that mentions the killing states that the Viet Cong "fled" and that Kerry "pursued," showing Elliott knew the score when he recommended Kerry for the award 35 years ago. Elliott's affidavit also fails to note that the Viet Cong's rocket launcher was loaded, posing a lethal threat to Kerry and his men.

Furthermore, all three versions of the citation make clear that the basis for the award was not "simply" for the killing alone, but for repeatedly attacking enemy ambushers.

Fact Check (http://www.factcheck.org/miscreports.aspx?docid=240)

NeoConIV
08-16-2004, 02:11 AM
There you have it folks!!!

KERRY in 2004!!!

Nbadan
08-16-2004, 02:58 AM
Furthermore, all three versions of the citation make clear that the basis for the award was not "simply" for the killing alone, but for repeatedly attacking enemy ambushers.

I would say, that's pretty brave.

I think the U.S. is paying the price for the draft allowing 75% of males of combat age get out of serving in Vietnam for one bogus reason or another. Now this majority, many of whom used the same connections to rise in their political careers as they used to avoid service to their country, are calling the shots in Iraq without the foggiest idea of what to do next, and how this is gonna end good for America.

NeoConIV
08-16-2004, 03:35 AM
"The foggiest idea of what to do next"...

is infinitely better than chugging Chirac's wanker, but hey, that's just me...

Nbadan
08-16-2004, 03:47 AM
The foggiest idea of what to do next"...

is infinitely better than chugging Chirac's wanker, but hey, that's just me...

and who's wanker did Dubya have to stroke to get them to be in his "coalition of the willing"? You should not be surprised that many of the countries in the original coalition, before it started splintering, were owed money by Saddam and Iraq. Many could care less about the freeing the people of Iraq from a tyrannical murder and his sons, or even finding WMD. They really just wanted their money back.

NeoConIV
08-16-2004, 03:59 AM
and who's wanker did Dubya have to stroke to get them to be in his "coalition of the willing"? You should not be surprised that many of the countries in the original coalition, before it started splintering, were owed money by Saddam and Iraq. Many could care less about the freeing the people of Iraq from a tyrannical murder and his sons, or even finding WMD. They really just wanted their money back.

Can you be a little more specific, you know, with links and stuff? Not a big fan of Kool-aid really...