PDA

View Full Version : google wins eat shit bill gates

ducks
12-17-2005, 09:42 AM
Google Nears AOL Deal
LAST UPDATE: 12/16/2005 5:30:01 PM

Click here for market insight from TheStreet.com

By TSC Staff, The Street.com

Time Warner entered talks with Google over a partnership with America Online, The Wall Street Journal reported.

Citing people close to the situation, the paper said Time Warner and Google "entered exclusive negotiations about deepening their advertising partnership, shutting out Microsoft." The Journal said Google will pay $1 billion for a 5% stake in AOL. The paper said any deal "won't likely be finalized until next week after Time Warner's board meeting on Wednesday."

A person familiar with the situation said talks between Microsoft and Time Warner had ended. Time Warner declined to comment, as did Google. Microsoft reps weren't immediately reachable.

Assuming that incumbent Google does win the AOL partnership race, "It's an incremental positive for Google and an incremental negative for Microsoft," says Mike Binger, who helps manage $2.5 billion at Thrivent Financial, including shares of Google, Time Warner and Microsoft. "Microsoft's future rests on their new operating system that comes out next year, not whether they were getting the Time Warner search business. It was Google's to lose."

Indeed, Google was in some minds the front-runner all along because it has a search advertising partnership with AOL already, though that deal expires next year. Google chief Eric Schmidt has been quoted saying he wants to continue to work with the Time Warner unit. On Friday, Google rose $5.27 to $427.80, Time Warner rose 21 cents to $18.05 and Microsoft fell 2 cents to $26.90.

"You had two different reasons for Google and Microsoft going after the company," says Peter Jankovskis at Oakbrook Investments, which owns shares of Time Warner and Microsoft, among its $1 billion in assets under management. "Microsoft was looking at it for picking up subscribers for MSN. Google was looking at securing a relationship with one of their larger customers."

This summer, news emerged that several companies -- notably Google, Microsoft and Yahoo! -- were bidding to take a stake in AOL. The development surprised some observers because AOL had long been dismissed on Wall Street for its shrinking if lucrative dial-up Internet access business. But investors increasingly came to the conclusion that hard-hitting Silicon Valley types valued AOL more for its content and its position with advertisers, delivered via a network of online Internet Web sites.

Developments in the AOL sweepstakes have been hard to figure out at times. For instance, Fiday's news comes just 10 days after the Journal reported that Time Warner was near an agreement with Microsoft to develop an online-advertising service to compete with Google. The Journal noted Friday that Microsoft "has been wooing AOL since January."

Earlier this month, it was reported that Time Warner had turned the focus of talks to a joint venture in which cash wouldn't change hands from the previously discussed minority stake sale. Previously, Yahoo! dropped out of the running amid conflicting reports about whether it had made a bid or had walked away at the sight of a gaudy price tag.

As it ponders the future of AOL, New York-based Time Warner faces a proxy fight with billionaire investor Carl Icahn, whose group holds 2.5% of Time Warner's shares. Icahn has criticized management for not doing enough to boost the share price. He has demanded a full spinoff of Time Warner's cable assets and a $20 billion stock buyback. Time Warner recently agreed to meet him halfway on the buyback, raising its repurchase target to $12.5 billion from $5 billion, but the company hasn't changed its limited spinoff plans.

Larry Haverty of Gabelli, a large shareholder of Time Warner, adds that any ad partnership, however nice, fails to answer big questions for the New York media giant. "The two keys for Time Warner shares are one, unlocking value of AOL, and two, is Wall Street ever going to value cable they way they have historically?" Haverty says. Cable valuations have been falling thanks to concerns regarding competition and technology.

Friday afternoon, Icahn had his say. Not altogether surprisingly, he criticized the discussions. He called the AOL talks "a bit of a travesty," Dow Jones reported.

"It is our understanding that several bidders have not been allowed to negotiate because they wanted control of AOL," Icahn told Dow Jones Newswires in an interview. "After three years of literally doing nothing, Time Warner management should give shareholders the right to decide if AOL should be sold."

"It is my belief that, if the proper partner were allowed to have control of AOL, shareholder value would be much more greatly enhanced than through a half-hearted joint venture that might only serve the purpose of entrenching management," Icahn said.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-17-2005, 11:17 AM
http://www.djmonkeyboy.com/clothing/haterade-logo-s.jpg

1Parker1
12-17-2005, 11:59 AM
Ducks, why exactly do you hate Bill Gates? Or is it you hate Microsoft?

CharlieMac
12-17-2005, 12:17 PM
It's human nature for people to hate large corporations. Then put their money into another.

Vashner
12-17-2005, 12:32 PM
Ducks this is fucking stupid ...

For one AOL time warner is the worst company on earth...

They will make Google crap... Google needs to keep to it's business and not play with
assholes like Time Warner.

As far as Microsoft.. well they are doing just fine you. Didn't you notice they have the hottest gift on earth this year?

ducks
12-17-2005, 01:20 PM
Ducks, why exactly do you hate Bill Gates? Or is it you hate Microsoft?

here is some reasons I Do not like bill gates is he speaks with forked tongue
he stole apples operating system to get started then he gets caught over seas pirating software and tells his customers not to do that

then he expects you to buy microsoft office pro for over $500 a piece for each of your systems (you should be able at that price have it on 5 computers)

then instead of fixing his holes in internet exployer that stops sypsoftware like firefox does
he comes out with a spyware program (why not fix the problem and then you would not have to worry about it)

why does hotmail have to work only with internet exployer and not firefox
and why do I have to use internet exployer to do window updates

firefox gives you the damm code bill gates has the money why not let people do updates with a browers they choose and not have to use his junk

people should have a choose what they use bill gates tries to control EVERYTHING on windows. He even wants you to use msn so you can connect to the internet

I do not like aol buy the way I just want competion for bill gates. HE is shove down the pc world enough.

smeagol
12-17-2005, 10:29 PM
here is some reasons I Do not like bill gates is he speaks with forked tongue
he stole apples operating system to get started then he gets caught over seas pirating software and tells his customers not to do that

then he expects you to buy microsoft office pro for over $500 a piece for each of your systems (you should be able at that price have it on 5 computers)

then instead of fixing his holes in internet exployer that stops sypsoftware like firefox does
he comes out with a spyware program (why not fix the problem and then you would not have to worry about it)

why does hotmail have to work only with internet exployer and not firefox
and why do I have to use internet exployer to do window updates

firefox gives you the damm code bill gates has the money why not let people do updates with a browers they choose and not have to use his junk

people should have a choose what they use bill gates tries to control EVERYTHING on windows. He even wants you to use msn so you can connect to the internet

I do not like aol buy the way I just want competion for bill gates. HE is shove down the pc world enough.
Well put, oh feathered one.

Because of that fucker my computer is so infested I can't even use the emoticons!

CharlieMac
12-19-2005, 11:06 AM
then instead of fixing his holes in internet exployer that stops sypsoftware like firefox does he comes out with a spyware program (why not fix the problem and then you would not have to worry about it)

Isn't it free?

Either way, this probably sucks for you.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1140301,00.html

Plus......Bono.

bigzak25
12-19-2005, 11:11 AM
i like google. i like microsoft. i like firefox. i like yahoo. i like aol.

Thanks to Bill Gates and the rest. :tu

Mixability
12-19-2005, 01:13 PM
Thanks Bill Gates for bringing me the Xbox 360.... :lol

Mixability
12-19-2005, 01:21 PM
the new iPods?

I'm sure all those people lined up outside Bestbuy since Friday night were there for the new iPods.... :rolleyes :lol

ObiwanGinobili
12-19-2005, 01:23 PM
i have many microsoft products.
i have never paid for them.

:oops

Mixability
12-19-2005, 01:29 PM
i have many microsoft products.
i have never paid for them.

:oops

:tu

2 Xbox 360's = $800+