PDA

View Full Version : Saints, Benson may go to court over 2006 home

CubanMustGo
12-17-2005, 04:33 PM
From espn.com (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2263598):

New Orleans Saints owner Tom Benson and the league could be headed to court because Benson wants the team relocated to San Antonio for the entire 2006 season and maybe beyond, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Saturday.

Benson told his players as much shortly after NFL Players Association executive director Gene Upshaw met with the Saints and told them, "Don't renew your leases" on their San Antonio dwellings and all but confirming what league sources say.

NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue is expected to order the team back to their Louisiana headquarters sometime in January. Player sources say Benson told his team that he will not be bullied and wants to stay in San Antonio.

maxpower
12-17-2005, 05:07 PM
The more I hear and learn about Benson, the more I don't like him...but Tagliabue is a grade A royal asshole. I hope whatever happens it kicks them both in the nuts....hard. Tags much more so.

exstatic
12-17-2005, 05:33 PM
Benson has precedent on his side. Teams have moved before with NO league approval. He'll lose a ton of money if he has to play in La. next year. I'm not the biggest Benson fan, either, but I don't think he should have to lose money because the league wants him to.

I'll support the S.A. Saints, but I will no longer support the New Orleans Saints. I'm not even sure that the league will fight him too hard on this. It may be that this whole thing came out of meetings with Tagliabue, and the NFL told him that if he wants to be the bad guy (and how could he be anything else at this point) that they will put up a token fight, but let him do what he wants in the end. The league just doesn't want to look like they are supporting the move.

SequSpur
12-17-2005, 06:43 PM
When I see that they are going to drop 140 million into the Superdome and FEMA is picking up some of the tab and there is only 1 fucking school open because there are no teachers, I laugh my ass off at this shit.

Anybody with a brain isn't moving back to New Orleans if they got a job elsewhere.

New Orleans for the next century will be limited to retail, the refinerys, the port and Mardi Gras.

That place is jacked up.

Why in the hell do you fix the Superdome when the houses that people live in are gone?

Vashner
12-17-2005, 11:44 PM
I think the same white dude with go tee that rode out the storm at the bar is still there..

SA210
12-18-2005, 12:14 AM
^^^ interesting point