PDA

View Full Version : Ray Allen > Parker for all-star? no way!

donkey hote
12-18-2005, 01:32 AM
Some guy in one of the all-star threads said Ray Allen is having a _much_ better season than Tony Parker, but I knew right away that's BS, so I looked it up. Not only are the Spurs winning more games, but the game against Sacto proves it. Twelve assists to go with his 20+ points?! That's great but what about the 20 points? you say. He's getting his points at 53% FG shooting, while Allen is getting 41%.

The head to head raw stats are here: (but the Hollinger rankings at ESPN.com tell a better story, IMHO)

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/headToHeadResults?statsId1=3080&statsId2=3527&

Parker's PER is #18, while Allen's is #20. Also he's one of the good guys. YET! Parker is behind in the all-star balloting. WTF.

Parker and Billups for All-Star team, screw Ray Allen, screw Kobe, and screw anyone who don't reckonize

Come on, freakin 12 assists and only one turnover tonight. 53% shooting and 25 points on a team full of offensive pros. You can't ask for more efficiency than that. I'm Out

discuss

midgetonadonkey
12-18-2005, 01:33 AM
Allen is a bigger pussy than TP. I think that should factor in somehow.

donkey hote
12-18-2005, 01:34 AM
I meant 53% for the season. 11-16 tonight. Yowza. Little man leading the league in points in the paint too. We got this guy on our team, how freakin sweet is that?

Solid D
12-18-2005, 01:37 AM
All-Star balloting doesn't always reward PGs. Fans vote for 2 Guards, 2 Forwards, and 1 Center. All the Guards are lumped together.

midgetonadonkey
12-18-2005, 01:39 AM
Stats don't mean shit in All-Star selection. The biggest names go because the "fans" vote on it. Maybe TP's thing with Eva will get his name out to enough people to get him voted in. His great play this season will have nothing to do with him being selected.

mike detroit
12-18-2005, 01:52 AM
whenever you start to wonder why a player on your team isn't getting the votes their performance deserves, just look at the number of votes Amare has and think about what that means.

Banks91
12-18-2005, 01:59 AM
why are ya'll so worried about Parker. he doesnt have the popularity to be a starter, so he won't get in that way.

But seriously, if he continues his play untill the ASG, the coaches will vote him in, no sweat.Same with Duncan.

Horry For 3!
12-18-2005, 02:02 AM
Actually they showed some stats the other night of Ray Allen's fg and 3pt%'s and they were both career lows for him.

Horry For 3!
12-18-2005, 02:03 AM
I wonder who the fucking idiots are to vote Amare ahead of Elton Brand. Fucking idiotic!

orhe
12-18-2005, 02:17 AM
haha... don't worry TP would get in... the coaches would make sure of that

Sense
12-18-2005, 02:26 AM
Some guy in one of the all-star threads said Ray Allen is having a _much_ better season than Tony Parker, but I knew right away that's BS, so I looked it up. Not only are the Spurs winning more games, but the game against Sacto proves it. Twelve assists to go with his 20+ points?! That's great but what about the 20 points? you say. He's getting his points at 53% FG shooting, while Allen is getting 41%.

The head to head raw stats are here: (but the Hollinger rankings at ESPN.com tell a better story, IMHO)

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/headToHeadResults?statsId1=3080&statsId2=3527&

Parker's PER is #18, while Allen's is #20. Also he's one of the good guys. YET! Parker is behind in the all-star balloting. WTF.

Parker and Billups for All-Star team, screw Ray Allen, screw Kobe, and screw anyone who don't reckonize

Come on, freakin 12 assists and only one turnover tonight. 53% shooting and 25 points on a team full of offensive pros. You can't ask for more efficiency than that. I'm Out

discuss

Tp's definately not going to start....

And you're getting too excited over the 12 assists, we all know we'll see that rarely from him. Baron and Steve are obviously better in that stat, that's how the startin PGs will be decided mostly....

And Allen is the Sonics' franchise player, obviously alot of people are going to go for the Franchise players... TP's not our franchise player, so not many people go for him.

LilMissSPURfect
12-18-2005, 11:07 AM
vote here (http://www.nba.com/allstar2006/asb/eng/ballot.html?from=sweeps)

SA210
12-18-2005, 12:05 PM
Coaches might vote Parker in.

But considering Manu has been hurt off and on all season, what if he doesn't get in, would he then be criticized by morons? Not that it's warranted. I'm just wondering if stupid commentators will criticize him for not making it after last year.

1Parker1
12-18-2005, 01:14 PM
vote here (http://www.nba.com/allstar2006/asb/eng/ballot.html?from=sweeps)

:tu Thanks for reminding me to vote again today...

dbreiden83080
12-18-2005, 03:39 PM
Tony keeps this up he will be there, the coaches can not leave him off the team putting up over 20 and 5 assists a game.

smeagol
12-18-2005, 03:58 PM
Fans are stupid.

thekingrobert
12-20-2005, 02:59 AM
Bs

travis2
12-20-2005, 07:58 AM
You're in denial...

However, if Parker keeps playing the way he's playing (not great buy good) he may get some consideration from the coaches...

So explain the denial.

The thread was about Parker vs Allen...not Parker vs Nash...or Parker vs Cassell...

Extra Stout
12-20-2005, 11:42 AM
Looks like Cassell is catching up to Parker in efficency...
Yet still, only the defending NBA MVP has a better PER among West point guards than Parker? What is your point?

You're not even a Pistons fan. You're just a troll.

pache100
12-20-2005, 01:45 PM
Allen is a shooting guard not a point guard

There should not be comparisons...

Be that as it may, they are on the same list (Guards) on the All Star ballot. That's where the comparison came from.

Lady M
12-20-2005, 02:54 PM
Looks like Cassell is catching up to Parker in efficency...

you invent new mathematics, for you 19.22 > 19.79 :oops
I can't do anything for you

Bloodline666
12-20-2005, 03:48 PM
This is why I'm now starting to detest fan voting: They vote based on name recognition, without any regard to their raw stats and comparing them to players they don't recognize by name.

Ray Allen ahead of TP in All Star voting is a prime example of that.

pache100
12-20-2005, 03:54 PM
This is why I'm now starting to detest fan voting: They vote based on name recognition, without any regard to their raw stats and comparing them to players they don't recognize by name.

Ray Allen ahead of TP in All Star voting is a prime example of that.

Yep, it's a damn popularity contest alright. Some children, who don't know any better, out of school for Christmas with a lot of time on their hands are voting like crazy up in Seattle.

hendrix
12-20-2005, 07:12 PM
Tony is making a lot of noise since doing Eva. So he will surely be recognized by the fans now.

Extra Stout
12-20-2005, 09:17 PM
Yep, it's a damn popularity contest alright. Some children, who don't know any better, out of school for Christmas with a lot of time on their hands are voting like crazy up in Seattle.It's always been this way. A.C. Green got voted in as a starting forward one in the late '80s just because he was a Laker.