PDA

View Full Version : Luis Scola

ducks
12-18-2005, 10:31 AM
Tiago Splitter

We’ve spoken about this many times. Splitter does not have any type of buyout clause in his contract, meaning that he is at Tau Vitoria’s mercy if he is to leave the team.

What is working in his favor is the fact that his contract is supposedly up next year, so if Tau does not set a price this summer, they will most likely lose him for nothing in 2007. History tells us that their strategy has been to cash in on buyouts to help them with their budget, so that would not make much sense.

They also had a very good reason not to let Splitter walk last season, as they have to finish in a favorable position in the Spanish ACB to ensure landing a three year guaranteed spot in the Euroleague that is given to two Spanish teams once in three year cycles.

Since the latest cycle depends on teams’ performance from 2003-2006, and Tau was one of the leaders for it, they had to do whatever they could to ensure that they would land it. We’re talking about millions and millions of Euros on the line here obviously.

Just as a side note, that’s also why Splitter’s teammate Luis Scola was not given any breaks this past summer either with his outrageous buyout (rumored to be around 7-8 million dollars) to go and join the San Antonio Spurs. So even though nothing can be ruled out when it comes to Tau Vitoria and their president Josean Querejeta, Splitter should be in a much better situation this time around.

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1143

TheTruth
12-18-2005, 10:51 AM
*yawn

ducks
12-18-2005, 11:06 AM
somebody asked about him
I doubt spurs get him next year

ChumpDumper
12-18-2005, 11:56 AM
That makes it sound like it would be easier to get Scola next summer if anything. Sheds some light on why the owner is such a hardass -- the buyout really does reflect the amount of money they'd stand to lose if they were out of Euroleague.

SA210
12-18-2005, 12:22 PM
Thanks Ducks.

GrandeDavid
12-18-2005, 02:51 PM
That's funny that you mention Tiago Splitter. I've actually met the guy in Brazil. For those who don't speak Portuguese or otherwise just did not know this, "Tiago" means "James".

Solid D
12-18-2005, 03:46 PM
Good info. Thanks, ducks.

Brutalis
12-18-2005, 03:49 PM
I dunno if that sucks or not that Scola might not be a Spur next season.

So, blah.

We at some time or another need to trade Barry or* Nazr this year.

MannyIsGod
12-18-2005, 04:02 PM
Why exactly do we need to trade Barry?

ObiwanGinobili
12-18-2005, 05:01 PM
i hate this trade Barry crap.

Brutalis
12-18-2005, 05:27 PM
Barry is burnt out. Or has been acting like it ever since the finals...

T Park
12-18-2005, 06:05 PM
because Barry is prob the most overpaid FA the Spurs have ever signed.

Right next to Carl Herrera.

TDMVPDPOY
12-19-2005, 12:59 AM
scola will be in a pacer uniform,so is nazr n barry

WalterBenitez
12-19-2005, 07:51 AM
That's funny that you mention Tiago Splitter. I've actually met the guy in Brazil. For those who don't speak Portuguese or otherwise just did not know this, "Tiago" means "James".

I do speak portuguesse but I didnt know that, ... speakin of Splitter for me is the best thing coming from Brazil he is young, definitely a future NBA player, perhaps in 1 or two season ... I am really worried about him coming to NBA soon (you know that guy named Milicic ...lol) those situation could be very bad for his mentality.

Scola and Splitter together and ... Spurs ... wow, a good thing but they need adjustment.

wuxia
12-19-2005, 08:05 AM
I don't know but Tiago Splitter is a pretty cool name...

smeagol
12-19-2005, 09:36 AM
scola will be in a pacer uniform,so is nazr n barry
Yeah, and we are getting Artest, right? :rolleyes

Solid D
12-19-2005, 01:30 PM
Tiago Splitter has got a long way to go before he's NBA material. He has talent but does he have the fire in his belly and consistency to compete at that level? I don't think he does.

FromWayDowntown
12-19-2005, 04:28 PM
Whoopeee!! In a fit of completely unresearched drafting, I picked up Splitter with my first pick in the D-League in the "One Bad Draft and You're Pretty Much the Boston Celtics" fantasy league that is Spurstalk.com's Dynasty League #1.

sigh