PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else annoyed by

tim_duncan_fan
12-18-2005, 10:56 PM
the team's relative lack of effort in almost every game this year? The only one who ever seems to try to win is Parker(surprise of the year.) Everybody else is just flaky and inconsistent and I dont want to call them lazy but they are playing with negative zeal, if thats possible.

Kori Ellis
12-18-2005, 10:58 PM
Sometimes it seems they bought the hype that they are the frontrunners. So they don't have that killer instinct yet where they just step on throats and put teams away. That develops over the season though. And to their credit, they've had a lot of injuries .. Manu thrice, Barry, Finley, Timmy with nagging problems.

They'll start coming around soon.

1Parker1
12-18-2005, 10:58 PM
Teams come out and play they're hardest against the Spurs. Plus, they are injured and we have new players getting acclimated. And back to backs are hard with the injuries...

tp9manu20
12-18-2005, 10:59 PM
To me, it seems they expect to win because they were "CHAMPIONS" they need to get that crap out of their heads and play some BALL! I don't see the same intensity in the games that they had last year. Don't want to hear "they are still trying to figure who is who and gel" it's freak'n almost 2006! For the million$ they make, they need to bring their A game EVERY game!

1Parker1
12-18-2005, 11:00 PM
PS. Major props to my man Tony for having an awesome season so far...even in some of the losses he's looked like the freshest player out there...:elephant

Leetonidas
12-18-2005, 11:01 PM
Spurs need to stop thinking they're just going to win every game.

tim_duncan_fan
12-18-2005, 11:02 PM
For the million$ they make, they need to bring their A game EVERY game!

That's the way I feel. I could have a 0-23 record and be excited to play every game just because I was making mega-bucks just to play my favorite sport!

leemajors
12-18-2005, 11:03 PM
***********POSITIVE NOTES***********

Before the game, Ginobili was able to run up-and-down the length of the court while being timed. ... Bruce Bowen started and tied Avery Johnson's Spurs record by playing in his 296th straight game. The streak started on Feb. 28, 2002. ...

td4mvp21
12-18-2005, 11:04 PM
Yes, props to Tony. Without him, our record would be a lot worse.

tim_duncan_fan
12-18-2005, 11:05 PM
***********POSITIVE NOTES***********
Bruce Bowen started and tied Avery Johnson's Spurs record by playing in his 296th straight game. The streak started on Feb. 28, 2002. ...

Bruce "Iron Man" Bowen

boutons
12-18-2005, 11:08 PM
another positive point

Spurs extend their L streak to 4 for second games of B2B.
Finally, Spurs are consistent!! :lol

Wed night, going for 5th L at MSG. :lol

SenorSpur
12-19-2005, 12:02 AM
They'd better get their sh!t together soon because they play the Pistons on Xmas day on national TV. I'd hate for them to "lay an egg" in front of a national audience.

tim_duncan_fan
12-19-2005, 12:42 AM
Forget it. With Duncan injured, or extra-fatigued or slumped or whatever he is, the Pistons will have a field day with us.

FromWayDowntown
12-19-2005, 12:47 AM
They'd better get their sh!t together soon because they play the Pistons on Xmas day on national TV. I'd hate for them to "lay an egg" in front of a national audience.

And what if they do? Are we concerned that they'll drop in the polls or something? Have Lakers fans gotten their wish that the NBA will seed teams and dole out titles based on popularity?

Look, obviously, I'd prefer that the Spurs win every game that they play. When they do lose, I'd prefer that they at least have a chance to win. But the truth of the matter is that even if the Spurs were rolling going into the Palace on Christmas Day, they will be facing an extremely difficult time. Hell, in the Finals, the Spurs went in there rolling and got blown out twice.

I sure hope they win on Christmas Day, but whatever the result of that game, it's a part of the process that won't culminate until April, May, and June.

NZHayden
12-19-2005, 05:59 AM
free the kiwi! he'll put in the effort

boutons
12-19-2005, 07:54 AM
Last Nov/Dec 05, Tim wasn't playing well, and the excuse here was some mysterious illness that was never officially announced.

This year, he's got plantar fascitis, which will be used as an excuse for who knows how long this season, although he says it's not a problem.

I've decided Tim doesn't give a shit about Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb and plays soft and detached. Win or lose, he doesn't give a flying fuck, no intensity, no effort, no pride in his game and team. His million $$$ paycheck will arrive at the end of the month, no matter what. Fine, but it sure cheats the fans.

I never mind any losses as long as the Spurs make an effort and play hard, and get beat by a better effort. But I always mind the Spurs losing games that are due to playing like shit, no effort, giving games away to lottery teams, like Atlanta and NO/OKC, and to be consistent, New York Wed night.

Against NO,
Spurs gave up 25 T0s,
15 STL(twice NO's avg),
got outrebounded by 4, and
out AST by 6,
outscored in the paint 26 - 44.

chode_regulator
12-19-2005, 08:07 AM
yall are funny. does everyone here freak out everytime the spurs lose. granted it was to the hornets but settle the fuck down. its 1 game. and even if they lose to the scrubs, who cares? they wont be playing them in the palyoffs. :rolleyes

101A
12-19-2005, 09:30 AM
Let me be the first one to say that the Pistons will re-take the throne next year...

The Spurs will not repeat.

The Pistons are playing great...the Spurs are playing like crap. The Pistons have all of a 2 game advantage in the "L" column.

Parker is much improved. Finley is still a stud; Van Excel is an improvement at B/U point. Detroit defense appears to have slipped.

You don't have THAT much to be excited about IMO.

Extra Stout
12-19-2005, 09:31 AM
Before the season, Pop made it clear that the team was going to pace itself rather than go balls-out to win every game.

That translates into half-ass efforts in the second game of back-to-backs. The Spurs have packed it in for the fourth quarter four times now.

Extra Stout
12-19-2005, 09:32 AM
For all their uninspired play, the Spurs are 19-5, BTW. Not too shabby.

boutons
12-19-2005, 10:10 AM
"team was going to pace itself "

... a euphemism for not putting forth effort to win.

What the fuck is hard about beating lottery dreck like Hawks or Hornets? It's tough enough, and inevitable, getting blown out by a Mavs or an Arenas playing out of their minds, so at least beat the easy, shitty teams you are supposed to beat.

19 - 5 looks great by itself, until you see the Pistons at 18 - 3. The Pistons have resumed playing in November like they played in June. The Spurs? The lack of effort and intensity are evident even in the wins.

It was expected to be the case before the season, and at 20+ games into the season, the 05/06 NBA season is nothing but Spurs vs Pistons in the Finals. The Spurs and Pistons are each other's measure. The other 28 teams are wasting their time.

With 2 evenly matched teams that play similar styles and on both ends of the court, Finals HCA was critical to the Spurs 05 Championship, and will be critical to the 06 Championship. The Spurs were a lucky shot from getting swept @Auburn Hills, and then they couldn't take Game6 @SBC.

It's clear the Pistons are playing for Finals HCA, that they really want to take back the Championship. The Pistons are on a mission. The Spurs are on a "pace".

The only "background" stat to watch all season:
Pistons 3L
Spurs 5L

There's no such thing a "it's only one loss".

td4mvp21
12-19-2005, 10:16 AM
^Well obviously the Spurs think they can beat the Pistons no matter where they play.

ObiwanGinobili
12-19-2005, 10:18 AM
remember last year when Pop was all pissed that the Spurs were blowing out every game? He felt they needed to know how it feels to win close ones or to have a game go down to the wire.

now the games qare goign down to the wire .. close nail biters. Hell - we've even lost against 2 scrub teams lately. Pop looks just fine and dandy in post game interviews.

but fans are pissed to all hell.

td4mvp21
12-19-2005, 10:20 AM
^I agree. I'd rather have this kind of season so far than last season. At least we can win on the road if its not a back to back. We couldn't do that last year.

boutons
12-19-2005, 10:23 AM
We'll see Sunday. I'm sure the Pistons and Auburn Hills will be ready. But the Spurs?

It won't be surprising if the Spurs split tue/wed B2B, and then lose at Auburn Hills, meaning next Monday:

Pistons 3L
Spurs 7L

It's going to be very hard for the Spurs to make up 4 Ls, assuming the Pistons and Spurs keep playing the rest season as they have so far.

leemajors
12-19-2005, 10:25 AM
is the "x" factor the artest factor jumping the pacers wagon to jock the pistons?

Extra Stout
12-19-2005, 10:26 AM
It's going to be very hard for the Spurs to make up 4 Ls, assuming the Pistons and Spurs keep playing the rest season as they have so far.
Expect the Spurs to start making their charge after the All-Star break.

The Spurs have been in a funk since the Miami game. That they still have gone 5-2 during that stretch is lucky.

Extra Stout
12-19-2005, 10:31 AM
this team is on cruise control worse then the Lakers of 01-04

Winning two more championships like the Lakers did during that stretch sure would suck. That would give Duncan as many rings as Magic Johnson. Obviously, that is something that Spurs fans need to bitch and complain about.

bigzak25
12-19-2005, 10:32 AM
Spurs need to stop thinking they're just going to win every game.

That's very true, but also true for the fans. :tu