PDA

View Full Version : Prediction?

Supergirl
12-19-2005, 10:10 AM
We're at 19 and 5 now.

I count 11 more back to back games between now and the end of the season. (BTW, has anyone looked at March's schedule? We're got a lot of road games, and 3 or 4 back to backs).

If we lose all our back to backs, we still wind up 66-16. Not a bad record.

So, I'm not going to panic. Spurs need to rest players, and not push themselves too hard. They need to be fresh for the playoffs.

FreshPrince22
12-19-2005, 10:25 AM
Wow, you guys only have 15 sets of back-to-backs? Pistons have 22.
________
Roll Blunts (http://howtorollablunt.net/)

Extra Stout
12-19-2005, 10:28 AM
We're at 19 and 5 now.

I count 11 more back to back games between now and the end of the season. (BTW, has anyone looked at March's schedule? We're got a lot of road games, and 3 or 4 back to backs).

So, I'm not going to panic. Spurs need to rest players, and not push themselves too hard. They need to be fresh for the playoffs.

The Spurs aren't going to win 66 games. 60 or 61 seems more like it. That means 16 or 17 more instances of pointless bitching and moaning by clueless Spurs fans before the playoffs begin.

boutons
12-19-2005, 10:35 AM
"16 or 17 more instances of pointless bitching"

No. In 17 more Ls, there will be Ls where Tim and Manu (both almost for sure) and Tony will be hurt, and Ls where the Spurs play a good Spurs game but get beat by a superior effort, a lucky shot, bad bounce, etc.

It's the 4-6 completel avoidable Ls where the Spurs get beat by playing really badly, no effort, no intensity, are too easily out hustled. Then there will be bitching, and it won't be pointless.

pache100
12-19-2005, 10:40 AM
Wow, you guys only have 15 sets of back-to-backs? Pistons have 22.

At least the Pistons get to play at home on Christmas Day. The reigning champs, THE SAN ANTONIO SPURS will be on the road. In Detroit.

FreshPrince22
12-19-2005, 10:54 AM
At least the Pistons get to play at home on Christmas Day. The reigning champs, THE SAN ANTONIO SPURS will be on the road. In Detroit.

Last year we were the defending champs and we had to play in Indy on Christmas, so I don't think it's abnormal.

Besides, I think the road team is at an advantage. They don't have to worry about family stuff as much. Less distractions.
________
cheap condo in Pattaya (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

pache100
12-19-2005, 11:02 AM
Last year we were the defending champs and we had to play in Indy on Christmas, so I don't think it's abnormal.

Besides, I think the road team is at an advantage. They don't have to worry about family stuff as much. Less distractions.

I KNEW you would say that! :blah

Yeah, it's a hoot being shit on as champs and having to leave your family and travel on Christmas Eve so you can play on Christmas Day. :lol
Being away from your family over Christmas (especially with all the new babies in the Spurs families having "first Christmases") is surely "less distraction". And, of course, it's right for the Spurs because the Pistons had to do it last year (IMO, it wasn't right for them, either). Of course, what was I thinking?

http://tinypic.com/ivbzmh.gif

FreshPrince22
12-19-2005, 11:29 AM
I KNEW you would say that! :blah

Yeah, it's a hoot being shit on as champs and having to leave your family and travel on Christmas Eve so you can play on Christmas Day. :lol
Being away from your family over Christmas (especially with all the new babies in the Spurs families having "first Christmases") is surely "less distraction". And, of course, it's right for the Spurs because the Pistons had to do it last year (IMO, it wasn't right for them, either). Of course, what was I thinking?

http://tinypic.com/ivbzmh.gif

I didn't say it's a good situation to be on the road on a holiday. But from a basketball standpoint, it is.
________
HotAlisa4U cam (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/HotAlisa4U)

leemajors
12-19-2005, 11:44 AM

kinda sucks for duncan. infant's first christmas. but seeing how early the game is i'm sure he could get back if they don't make the trip.

pache100
12-19-2005, 11:47 AM
kinda sucks for duncan. infant's first christmas. but seeing how early the game is i'm sure he could get back if they don't make the trip.

There are several babies that belong to Spurs and Spurs employees who will have their first Christmas this year...not just Duncan.

(BTW, I got my Spurs calendar at a Christmas party on Saturday night! Whoever on here said the pictures were great was sooo right!)

Supergirl
12-19-2005, 12:05 PM
I think the NBA deliberately gives the defending champs a tougher schedule. Probably figure they've earned it, and it will make the league more competitive. I noticed that both the Pistons and the Spurs seem to have the toughest schedules this year. Spurs have played more games, and more back to backs, than almost anyone so far, and the Pistons have played most of their games on the road so far...

wildbill2u
12-19-2005, 12:18 PM
We're at 19 and 5 now.

In an early thread about the number of wins this season, I predicted we'd lose 8 games in the first two months of the season. I see no reason to change that now.