PDA

View Full Version : wow, the Pistons pulled out another nail biter....

wuxia
12-19-2005, 11:47 PM
Billups is a fuking stud!

30 points, 9 assists, 0 turnover in 45 minutes!

Looks like they will heading into the Christmas showdown with a better record than us!

SpursIndonesia
12-19-2005, 11:56 PM
Darn, the way he's been playing this season, he's the BEST PG of the league who plays both side of the game -O & D- sans none.

wuxia
12-20-2005, 12:18 AM
Darn, the way he's been playing this season, he's the BEST PG of the league who plays both side of the game -O & D- sans none.

I can't really disagree :)

Duff McCartney
12-20-2005, 12:30 AM
BOLD PREDICTION!!!

Tony Parker is gonna get embarrassed by Chauncey Billups on national television on Christmas Day.

Book it.

MI21
12-20-2005, 12:54 AM
BOLD PREDICTION!!!

Tony Parker is gonna get embarrassed by Chauncey Billups on national television on Christmas Day.

Book it.

Chauncey does owe the Spurs a little something after his Game 7 performance in the finals.

That said, Tony's ballin' at the moment and I expect him to cause havoc amonst the Piston D. Also, I doubt Tony matches up on him, I'd expect that to be Bowen's job. Embarassment, I don't think so.

theMUHMEshow
12-20-2005, 09:18 AM
I dont think Billups will really have a chance to own Parker. If Pop is smart (and I think the is a top coach in the league and is a very very smart coach) he will throw Bowen on Chauncey. RIP does not go into the post that much so putting a smaller Parker will not hurt as bad as it would having Parker on Billups.

I love Chauncey and he is one of my favorite players...but Iverson is playing the best out of anyone in my opinion.

td4mvp21
12-20-2005, 10:48 AM
0 turnovers in 45 minutes is outstanding. Billups should be an All-star after the season he's having.

1Parker1
12-20-2005, 10:52 AM
I feel bad doubting that the Spurs can win Sunday. I just hope they keep the game close and Manu plays!

DarkReign
12-20-2005, 11:11 AM
You know, I seriously dont care who wins on Christmas.

First, its obvious the Pistons have nothing to prove. They are the best team in the NBA (right now, which is VERY early to plan parades). They will be a beast in the East.

Second, Spurs have nothing to prove. Bottom line, they beat the Pistons when it mattered. Win or lose, they have the rings, Pistons do not. Period.

Third, both teams showed last year that they are capable of blowing each other out (games 1-4). So lets say one teams completely OWNS the other. What does that prove?

Nothing.

What matters who is the last man standing. Personally, I would like to see Detroit get another crack at the title against SA. Not Phoenix, Dallas, etc....I want to see them play SA for the Larry OBrien. Again.

Because last years Finals were amazing. Exciting. What a fucking series, eh? Damn. Nearly broke my damn heart, but WOW....what a series.

I would love to see these 2 great teams do it again. Outcome is important to me (of course, homerism alert), but seeing the quality of basketball played on BOTH ends from BOTH teams is more entertaining for me.

ducks
12-20-2005, 11:18 AM
pistons got lucky to win the game in overtime

FreshPrince22
12-20-2005, 11:23 AM
pistons got lucky to win the game in overtime

I find it hard to call it luck when they do it on a consistant basis. That's like calling Robert Horry (and the Spurs) lucky for hitting the 3 in game 5. He's just done it too many times to call it luck. So if you're gonna call winning a game down the strech "luck" you have to say that the Spurs winning the title was "luck". I'm not willing to do that.
________
WEB SHOWS (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

theMUHMEshow
12-20-2005, 11:26 AM
I find it hard to call it luck when they do it on a consistant basis. That's like calling Robert Horry (and the Spurs) lucky for hitting the 3 in game 5. He's just done it too many times to call it luck.

lol no kidding...

I assume the Pistons were lucky to win the other 18 games too huh?

it will be 20 after tonight

ducks
12-20-2005, 12:30 PM
mem was lucky to get it to overtime
I think mem outplayed pistons in overtime

Trainwreck2100
12-20-2005, 12:55 PM
I dont think Billups will really have a chance to own Parker. If Pop is smart (and I think the is a top coach in the league and is a very very smart coach) he will throw Bowen on Chauncey. RIP does not go into the post that much so putting a smaller Parker will not hurt as bad as it would having Parker on Billups.

I love Chauncey and he is one of my favorite players...but Iverson is playing the best out of anyone in my opinion.

Pop will put Parker on Billups and keep Bowen on Rip, to try to keep Rip from developing a rythym. He prob will switch if the game is close though.

Oh, Gee!!
12-20-2005, 02:34 PM
We could use Artest right about now

wsdp
12-21-2005, 10:12 AM
mem was lucky to get it to overtime
I think mem outplayed pistons in overtime

Pistons outplayed Spurs in Game 5 but Horry got lucky at the end of the game.

Moral of story: Who cares about luck? It's the W-L column that counts and if memory serves me correct, you did say "If they beat Blazers tomorrow, I give them MAJOR PROPS"... :)

DarkReign
12-21-2005, 10:19 AM
Old saying..

No one asks "how", they ask "how many".

Period.

td4mvp21
12-21-2005, 11:00 AM
Pistons outplayed Spurs in Game 5 but Horry got lucky at the end of the game.

Moral of story: Who cares about luck? It's the W-L column that counts and if memory serves me correct, you did say "If they beat Blazers tomorrow, I give them MAJOR PROPS"... :)

Yeah, real lucky when he's been doing that pretty much his whole career. Guess what? THE SPURS BEAT YOU WITH SKILL NOT LUCK. :rolleyes

theMUHMEshow
12-21-2005, 12:54 PM
I think it is fair to say that whatever team would have had the home court for game seven they were the ones that were going to win.

Sense
12-21-2005, 01:41 PM
You know, I seriously dont care who wins on Christmas.

First, its obvious the Pistons have nothing to prove. They are the best team in the NBA (right now, which is VERY early to plan parades). They will be a beast in the East.

Second, Spurs have nothing to prove. Bottom line, they beat the Pistons when it mattered. Win or lose, they have the rings, Pistons do not. Period.

Third, both teams showed last year that they are capable of blowing each other out (games 1-4). So lets say one teams completely OWNS the other. What does that prove?

Nothing.

What matters who is the last man standing. Personally, I would like to see Detroit get another crack at the title against SA. Not Phoenix, Dallas, etc....I want to see them play SA for the Larry OBrien. Again.

Because last years Finals were amazing. Exciting. What a fucking series, eh? Damn. Nearly broke my damn heart, but WOW....what a series.

I would love to see these 2 great teams do it again. Outcome is important to me (of course, homerism alert), but seeing the quality of basketball played on BOTH ends from BOTH teams is more entertaining for me.

I agree...

But I still think the Spurs are gonna lose :P

td4mvp21
12-21-2005, 01:50 PM
I think it is fair to say that whatever team would have had the home court for game seven they were the ones that were going to win.

Well yeah, I agree with that, but we didn't win by luck that's all I'm saying.

theMUHMEshow
12-21-2005, 02:18 PM
Well yeah, I agree with that, but we didn't win by luck that's all I'm saying.

SA is the ONLY team in the league that can beat Detroit without luck. I think everyone knows that...there was Bullshit throughout the series both ways...I dont think we have much to worry about. We will meet again this year.

It is funny to look at the league...these two teams are SO FAR ahead of anyone else right now. I was at the Pistons game yesterday and they can half ass it and win. There was no effort until 2 minutes left in the game. It was funny to see them toy with Portland and come out ahead.

SOMEONE WILL HAVE TO BE LUCKY TO KNOCK EITHER TEAM OFF THIS YEAR.

ALVAREZ6
12-21-2005, 02:57 PM
Good, they won me vbookie :bling

Marklar MM
12-21-2005, 03:34 PM
Good, they won me vbookie :bling

I lost 50 on your damn team. :cuss

ALVAREZ6
12-21-2005, 03:57 PM
I lost 50 on your damn team. :cuss
That's a shame.

PistonsNation
12-21-2005, 09:58 PM
I'm really looking forward to the X-Mas game. I want to see if Flip is able to work in the bench with a team the caliber of the Spurs because they've seen sparing minutes against the better comp. this season. Chauncey will do work on Parker, and I'm not trying to homer out, it's just the truth.

Allow me to sing some Mr. Big Shot praises while I have the floor. Chauncey is playing the best PG play in the league right now, he's just been incredible. He balanced his scoring and play making beautifully thus far. He's an all-star for sure. Maybe not by the fans but the coaches will give him his due.

ps - It's been awhile since Rob Thomas' "This is how a Heart Breaks" was the bitter theme to my summer. I still can't listen to that song because of the Finals *shutters*. I enjoyed posting here during said Finals as you guys for the most part were a class act and as much as it hurt my pride I posted one last time after the Finals to say congrats. Conversely we enjoyed the posters who shared over at Pistons Nation (and you're still welcome there btw). Hopefully come June we can do it again.

emo serb
12-21-2005, 11:06 PM
pistons nation blows.

theMUHMEshow
12-22-2005, 12:04 AM
pistons nation blows.

AMEN! Too many power happy mods that feel like their job is to take away your rights. FUCK THAT PLACE! I love WWW.SPURSTALK.COM! :smokin

emo serb
12-22-2005, 12:22 AM
AMEN! Too many power happy mods that feel like their job is to take away your rights. FUCK THAT PLACE! I love WWW.SPURSTALK.COM! :smokin
yeah, they dont like me there. i was suspended a week, hardcore shit son.

Rummpd
12-22-2005, 11:02 PM
"Pistons outplayed Spurs in Game 5 but Horry got lucky at the end of the game."

Typical revisionist BS period - Duncan missed FTs if he had hit even half - not even a close call. Detroit did not play that well, Duncan just had a bad game period from the line. It was also not luck that R. Wallace made a bonehead play, and that a cagy veteran like Horry took advantage of it. That is not luck, it was the poor play of one of the Pistons.

Give Billups his props I wrote a column today on www.Hoopsworld.com and rated him above Parker for NBA point guards (on free side) but the difference is not that much. If Manu plays on Sunday = Spurs win.

ahb
12-23-2005, 01:48 AM
:lol Man, Hoopsworld fucking blows. Letting us know that you write for it is not enhancing your argument.

But the Pistons have been pretty lazy since the first week of the season. I can't believe that some people on this site think the Pistons are some sort of mentally disciplined, hard-working team that never takes a game off when they've been outrebounded in virtually every game this year.

Game 5 of the Finals was lost by the Pistons because of Larry Brown's asinine in-game coaching, and the performance of a career by Robert Horry. That Tim Duncan is an awful free throw shooter shouldn't surprise anyone. It would frankly be more remarkable if the Spurs had won a game by actually hitting their free throws.