PDA

View Full Version : Spurs have chemistry issues.

2centsworth
12-21-2005, 12:15 AM
Long season but for now most of the players haven't settled into a role that maximizes the team's potential.

Even in '04 everyone's role and minutes were defined early in the season.

Pop has a lot of work to do.

67N10
12-21-2005, 12:21 AM
New rules, new players, new year, same ol' stone to break.

CHAMPS AGAIN
12-21-2005, 12:23 AM
Long season but for now most of the players haven't settled into a role that maximizes the team's potential.

Pop has a lot of work to do.

Wow SPURS lose now we have chemistry,when we win their is no chemistry issues,what a :idiot

CharlieMac
12-21-2005, 12:23 AM
Nick looks pretty comfortable on that bench. We need a vocal player like that. The only ones that seem to not have a definitive role are Nazr and Rasho. By that I mean, who knows which one of them will be starting come April. They look fine to me.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-21-2005, 12:24 AM
Apparently you haven't been a Spurs fan very long. There's this thing called the rodeo that happens every year in the early spring, that's when things come together.

I'll worry if they're still screwing around in April.

TDMVPDPOY
12-21-2005, 12:25 AM
this is bs, this is the same team as last season with only 3 new players who come off the bench and probaly dont even get that much playin time.

T Park
12-21-2005, 12:25 AM

your starting shooting guard being hurt has that effect.

Dontcha think?

Oh, Gee!!
12-21-2005, 12:29 AM
There's this thing called the rodeo that happens every year in the early spring, that's when things come together.

that's a pretty recent phenomenon. It dates back to the Spurs inaugural season at the SBC center.

E20
12-21-2005, 12:32 AM
This game wasn't chemistry it was more like why aren't the Spurs playing D.

T Park
12-21-2005, 12:33 AM
Players know their roles, when starting players are there.

Rasho and Manu go out at 6 or 5 minutes.

Finley and Nazr/Horry come in.

Rasho comes back in with 2 mins left for Duncan.

Van Exel comes in at the beginning of the 2nd.

Id say, when the team is healthy, the rotations are set in stone.

Little bit of jumping the gun on "chemistry" issues.

timvp
12-21-2005, 12:33 AM

Nazr wasn't a starter until April. Barry wasn't the first swingman off the bench regularly until March.

Manu wasn't the backup point guard until game three of the Finals.

TDMVPDPOY
12-21-2005, 12:55 AM
bowen forgot his blackbelt at home didnt he?

GoSpurs21
12-21-2005, 01:29 AM
only chemistry issue with Spurs is too many minutes to washed up NVE

I cant believe so many people are in love with this washed up player

I always believed NVE would be good to teach Beno, but Pop (Marcus Bryant, TiMVP and Kori) seem to think this guy deserves to play large mins in the regular season. Stop stunting Beno's development...jackasses (including Pop)

T Park
12-21-2005, 01:31 AM
How is he washed up?

He made some clutch shots tonight, and played pretty good D.

WTF is with the hate on X!?!?

Chillax.

GoSpurs21
12-21-2005, 01:34 AM
How is he washed up?

He made some clutch shots tonight, and played pretty good D.

WTF is with the hate on X!?!?

Chillax.you call 4-11 in 21 mins clutch get a grip on reality jackass, check out NVE line for the last 4 games. Tonight was his best effort, pretty lame for back up PG, that gets beat by everyone.

Why am I even explaining anything to someone who gave up on the Spurs team during playoffs last year. Like TPark even has a grasp of reality

I can handle the last to losses, what I cant take is the blind bullshit that some people think NVE is helping the Spurs by taking to the court in front of Beno. At least Beno isnt slow as molasses

Vashner
12-21-2005, 01:38 AM
This is why I didn't want Finley..

timvp
12-21-2005, 01:39 AM

I always believed NVE would be good to teach Beno, but Pop (Marcus Bryant, TiMVP and Kori) seem to think this guy deserves to play large mins in the regular season. Stop stunting Beno's development...jackasses (including Pop)

Beno sucks.

You can't play a point guard who can't bring the ball up the court against pressure. Until he figures that out, he's worthless.

T Park
12-21-2005, 01:41 AM
you call 4-11 in 21 mins clutch get a grip on reality jackass, check out NVE line for the last 4 games. Tonight was his best effort, pretty lame for back up PG, that gets beat by everyone.

Why am I even explaining anything to someone who gave up on the Spurs team during playoffs last year. Like TPark even has a grasp of reality

First off.

Ill repeat to you.

Find new material, the T Park gave up shit is old and as worn out as your goddamn asshole after a night of "Fun"

Second.

The only person stunting Beno's growth is Beno.

Beno is weaker minded than Rasho if thats saying anything and is RIGHT NOW NOT NBA material.

You need to wake up and spell the goddamn coffee dumbass.

T Park
12-21-2005, 01:42 AM

LOL

Where were you after the Kings game??

Get off of it.

Yeah, we dont want a former all star who can bag shots left and right.

Oh, Gee!!
12-21-2005, 01:43 AM

you add nothing to this forum.

GoSpurs21
12-21-2005, 01:43 AM
Beno sucks.

You can't play a point guard who can't bring the ball up the court against pressure. Until he figures that out, he's worthless.please name the regular season games that Beno had this problem jackass. I went back and watched the playoff games from last year and the only team he had this problem with was Detroit. Well we didnt play Detroit tonight so what is your excuse now????

Somehow I dont remember Bucks playing full court press tonight sir so your arguement doesnt hold shit for the regular season to date.

Face it NVE sucks and you are not man enough to admit it.

T Park
12-21-2005, 01:44 AM
At least Beno isnt slow as molasses

And yes genius,

Beno is as slow as molasses, have you ever watched him??

Darrel Armstrong could take him to the goddamn rack.

Wake the fuck up.

T Park
12-21-2005, 01:45 AM
please name the regular season games that Beno had this problem jackass. I went back and watched the playoff games from last year and the only team he had this problem with was Detroit. Well we didnt play Detroit tonight so what is your excuse now????

New Orleans.

Well

hes stunk so bad he hasnt played all that much so.

ARe you also willing to sacrafice minutes to Tony Parker too??

Is this Brewski!??!?!?!

T Park
12-21-2005, 01:46 AM
Face is NVE sucks and you are not man enough to admit it

on behalf of everyone on the forum.

Check yourself and chill DUDE.

GoSpurs21
12-21-2005, 01:46 AM
And yes genius,

Beno is as slow as molasses, have you ever watched him??

Darrel Armstrong could take him to the goddamn rack.

Wake the fuck up.dude you quit on the Spurs during the finals last year...your opinion mean jack shit...keep standing up for washed up NVE, it doesnt matter to me

New Orleans.

Well

hes stunk so bad he hasnt played all that much so.Beno played in the final 5 minutes when the game was over. I think TP has been playing a hell of alot better better then NVE. Excuse me if I dont suck on NVE balls like you and TiMVP but so far he has yet to impress me. But if you think we should play over the hill guys in front of developing our good young players in losses then I guess I should give you the fantasy coach of the year award, cause thats where youre fucking living in fantasy world

why dont you just quick on the team in the regular season this year...

Kori Ellis
12-21-2005, 01:47 AM

I don't think he should play large minutes -- he's got creaky knees and gets beat by everyone. I think he should play about 10 mpg, but right now he has to play more because Manu is out so they run NVE in the backcourt WITH Tony.

As for Beno, I'd like him to get some spot minutes and if he's not going to get any, then he should go to the DLeague so he can get some playing time. He's not going to develop in practice.

timvp
12-21-2005, 01:48 AM
please name the regular season games that Beno had this problem jackass. I went back and watched the playoff games from last year and the only team he had this problem with was Detroit. Well we didnt play Detroit tonight so what is your excuse now????

Somehow I dont remember Bucks playing full court press tonight sir so your arguement doesnt hold shit for the regular season to date.

Face is NVE sucks and you are not man enough to admit it.

:lol

Beno had his spirit broken by Lindsey Hunter and hasn't recovered since. He sucked in preseason against pressure. Whenever he comes in with something on the line, the other team immediately goes to a full court trap.

Check the one game that Beno was the backup point guard. The Hawks ate him alive.

He has a shot to be an NBA point guard one day but he has a lot of work to do in figuring out how to handle pressure.

P.S.

Don't hate because I told you he wasn't going to be the backup PG this year and I was right.

Apology Accepted.

T Park
12-21-2005, 01:49 AM
owned

Kori Ellis
12-21-2005, 01:49 AM

:lmao

You conveniently ignored his last four games. :lol

T Park
12-21-2005, 01:52 AM
exactly.

Finley practically won the games vs Minnesota, Sacramento and the Clippers for godsake.

Tek_XX
12-21-2005, 01:53 AM
Spurs just suck right now. Manu not playing has a lot to do with it. I guess the chemistry thing is going to come a little slower this year.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
12-21-2005, 01:55 AM
I agree with those who say it's all about SPAM.

It's very early, and in previous seasons the Spurs lost games against weaker opposition at this stage of the season. Only after the Rodeo trip and the All-Star Game the Spurs will have a defined rotation and find their best game.

Chill out, we had awful regular season losses and short losing streaks back in 99, 03 and 05.

GoSpurs21
12-21-2005, 01:58 AM
I dont give a shit about loses in Dec, what does concern me is that Pop is not developing Beno in favor of depending on a washed up NVE. Last year at this time most were talking about how Beno was the second coming of Stockton. While I dont think that Beno was that good I do believe Pop is throwing away Benos development for no good reason.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
12-21-2005, 02:01 AM
I dont give a shit about loses in Dec, what does concern me is that Pop is not developing Beno in favor of depending on a washed up NVE. Last year at this time most were talking about how Beno was the second coming of Stockton. While I dont think that Beno was that good I do believe Pop is throwing away Benos development for no good reason.

Lol, that's like, your 30th. post criticizing Van Exel tonight.

T Park
12-21-2005, 02:02 AM
Beno cant develop cause he sucks.

Why cant you get that through your thick fuckin head.

Once again.

Watch the game VS Atlanta.

Answer.

apology accepted

GoSpurs21
12-21-2005, 02:40 AM
Lol, that's like, your 30th. post criticizing Van Exel tonight.what you dont remember is like unlike the NVE fan club (TiMVP and Marcus) I am in favor of developing young talent like Beno. Its not just tonight I always thought (TiMVP can back me up if he doesnt have short term memory) that Beno should be the back up point guard. I guess TiMVP knows what best for the Spurs cause he's on their coaching staff...err maybe not.

Again this has nothing to do with losses, I have always said that Beno should be developed. But I guess so called experts like TiMVP know that NVE are the savior of the Spurs and I am just a stupid fan

rayray2k8
12-21-2005, 02:48 AM
This really doesnt bother me that much, in fact I sometimes believe that the spurs THROW games on purpose just to try and make the league think the spurs have all kinds of weaknesses.
Just like the guy was saying, its all about SPAM.
I dont care about wins or losses in December, only in June....

GoSpurs21
12-21-2005, 02:50 AM
This really doesnt bother me that much, in fact I sometimes believe that the spurs THROW games on purpose just to try and make the league think the spurs have all kinds of weaknesses.
Just like the guy was saying, its all about SPAM.
I dont care about wins or losses in December, only in June....While I dont agree with that (throwing games), why not develop the young Spurs players until SPAM arrives???
does that make any sense to anyone else?

I guess TiMVP would rather that the Spurs dont develop young players and continue to struggle with old washed up players like NVE to prove his point, TiMVP would rather lose with NVE than maybe win and develop young players like Beno. Way to prove your point!!!

I don't think he should play large minutes -- he's got creaky knees and gets beat by everyone. I think he should play about 10 mpg, but right now he has to play more because Manu is out so they run NVE in the backcourt WITH Tony.

As for Beno, I'd like him to get some spot minutes and if he's not going to get any, then he should go to the DLeague so he can get some playing time. He's not going to develop in practice.The only real development minutes Beno's gonna get is in NBA games as a back up. Just like last season. I cant believe so many people believe Beno sucks. I dont think Beno is the end all, but he is young with fresh legs in an old Spurs team. How can that be bad (that he plays and that NVE is saved for March and beyond)???

It just sucks that ESPN and NBATV has warped so many minds...

everyone is so willing to give Barry a free pass when Beno has so much upside, but doesnt get the chance to play as many minutes. I just hope this isnt 2001 2002 all over again.

SouthernFried
12-21-2005, 04:20 AM
I dunno..how much time does Beno need? I'm willing to give people a chance...but, Beno just hasn't shown me much. When Pop inserted him at the end of the game, I groaned aloud. Luckily...it was for like 1.5 seconds. I'm not a NVE fan, never have been, but it ain't even close when compared to Beno.

I think Oberto has more potential. His movement is pretty good for a big man, but he's got so much more to learn about the NBA game. His positioning, inability to block out, and overall D is just painful to watch sometimes.

And, anyone who doesn't think getting Finley has been the best move the Spurs have made in a couple years, is a fool. Manu is better right now, but getting Finley to back him up is one of the best moves Pop has ever made. Sure didn't take him long to start him over the "other" Manu backup ;)

No, our weakness is now...what it's always been. Center.

When Tim left the game, so went our rebounding and interior D.

I love Rashu as much as anyone. But, did you watch him on that inbounds lob at the end? He had no clue. His arms and hands never got past his chest. I mean, there was .7 seconds left in the game...a damn lob to the rim ain't unheard of! Be aware of the possibility, have your hands up at least! It ended up being a wide open, totally uncontested shot...to win the game.

Neither of our Centers are big rebounders or defensive forces. Still, they're probably good enough. At least they were last year.

As long as Timmy's on the floor.

Ref's sucked tonite.

2centsworth
12-21-2005, 05:00 PM
Nazr wasn't a starter until April. Barry wasn't the first swingman off the bench regularly until March.

Manu wasn't the backup point guard until game three of the Finals.I was referring to the Hedo year. However, even last year very early the roles were defined Barry and Devan competed to back-up Manu. Nazr just took over Malik's role. I thought the team was much in synch and they had a tremendous beginning to last season.

ChumpDumper
12-21-2005, 05:03 PM
Derrick Zimmerman needs a good backup.

Extra Stout
12-21-2005, 05:05 PM
When Finley and Van Exel are on the floor together, the Spurs are marginally better on perimeter defense than the 2002-03 Dallas Mavericks.

That combination should be minimized as the rotation congeals over the season.

2centsworth
12-21-2005, 05:08 PM
Wow SPURS lose now we have chemistry,when we win their is no chemistry issues,what a :idiotwhen did i say the spurs have chemistry after a win?

T Park
12-21-2005, 09:27 PM
There are zero chemistry issues.

Period.