PDA

View Full Version : What's A Matter With Texas?!?

Nbadan
12-21-2005, 12:42 AM
Well, besides the whole backwards thingy...

A West Texas school board approved a curriculum that uses the Bible as its main textbook for an elective course Tuesday, a decision opponents fear invites proselytizing and spurns non-Protestant students.

Saying it had overwhelming support from the community, the Ector County Independent School District board voted 4-2 in favor of adopting the more conservative curriculum offered by the National Council on Bible Curriculum in Public Schools.

The National Council curriculum uses the King James Bible as its textbook. The other choice before the school board, offered by the Bible Literacy Project, uses the text "The Bible and Its Influence" and includes broader discussions of other faiths.

School board president Randy Rives, who voted in favor of the National Council, said he thought the Bible would be the textbook when the class was approved in April. He said he was not worried about litigation.

"I'm not afraid of lawsuits," Rives said. "I believe we're doing what's best for our kids."

Austin Statesman (http://www.statesman.com/news/content/gen/ap/TX_Bible_Class.html)

Ah yes, the choice was between a bible-based curriculum and a more 'conservative' bible-based curriculum? Sounds like the Judaists who made the decision for this course could teach the Shiite Mullahs something about teaching religious fundamentalism.

Oh, Gee!!
12-21-2005, 12:59 AM
They ain't even trying to hide it

Nbadan
12-21-2005, 01:17 AM
They ain't even trying to hide it

Why hide it when no one is paying attention anyway? It's not like anyone is gonna vote against a Republican candidate in TX because he is 'too religious', right?

Vashner
12-21-2005, 01:37 AM
Get the fuck out if you don't like Texas....

There are several well paved roads for your driving pleasure.

Oh, Gee!!
12-21-2005, 01:40 AM
Get the fuck out if you don't like Texas....

There are several well paved roads for your driving pleasure.

you have got to be the simplest, most backward, stupidest poster on ST. go kill yourself. nobody will miss you

Nbadan
12-21-2005, 01:46 AM
Texas is in large part is a democratic party state when it comes to local elections, but in other elections the State and Federal districts are so gerrymandered that you have to be a Republican to win. It's past time to fix this problem.

ClintSquint
12-21-2005, 03:34 AM
God bless Texas.

Hook Dem
12-21-2005, 10:53 AM
you have got to be the simplest, most backward, stupidest poster on ST. go kill yourself. nobody will miss you
Wait a minute, you double talking ass! You said I held that title! Maybe you don't know shit! :lol

xrayzebra
12-21-2005, 10:56 AM
Wait a minute, you double talking ass! You said I held that title! Maybe you don't know shit! :lol

And he also gave me that title. He has a problem, but we all knew that.
:lol

cherylsteele
12-21-2005, 11:01 AM
It says it is an elective course....you don't have to take if you don't want to.

Hook Dem
12-21-2005, 11:06 AM
It says it is an elective course....you don't have to take if you don't want to.
Thats what Oh Gee fears! There just might be someone who wants to.

scott
12-21-2005, 11:22 AM
The big question is... what is the elective course? If it is called "Religion" but all that is taught is the King James Bible... there is a problem there. If it is labeled something to the effect where student know they will be getting nothing but the King James Bible version of religion... then they can elect to do whatever they want. Who cares?

Marcus Bryant
12-21-2005, 11:23 AM
Texas is in large part is a democratic party state when it comes to local elections

eh?

Oh, Gee!!
12-21-2005, 02:01 PM
I think the evolutionist should fight to get a disclaimer put in the textbook. For Example: The statements and assertions made in this book may or may not be true. Furthermore, the book has inexplicable "gaps."

RobinsontoDuncan
12-21-2005, 03:31 PM
lmao ^

Mr. Defense
12-21-2005, 03:35 PM
Well, besides the whole backwards thingy...

Austin Statesman (http://www.statesman.com/news/content/gen/ap/TX_Bible_Class.html)

Ah yes, the choice was between a bible-based curriculum and a more 'conservative' bible-based curriculum? Sounds like the Judaists who made the decision for this course could teach the Shiite Mullahs something about teaching religious fundamentalism.

The problem here is that if the Holy Bible is an elective, then so must all the other religions. That is counterproductive. Keep religion out of our schools.

Oh, Gee!!
12-21-2005, 03:39 PM
But they're gonna "discuss" other religions.