PDA

View Full Version : Foot injury to sideline Ginobili against Knicks

loveforthegame
12-21-2005, 02:08 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA122105.7C.BKNspurs.notebook.a7ef255.html

Spurs notebook: Foot injury to sideline Ginobili against Knicks; guard might miss rest of week

Web Posted: 12/21/2005 12:14 AM CST
Johnny Ludden
Express-News Staff Writer

MILWAUKEE — Manu Ginobili will miss his sixth consecutive game tonight, and Spurs coach Gregg Popovich didn't sound too confident his All-Star guard would be ready to play by the end of this week.

Ginobili has been sidelined since spraining his right mid foot in practice Dec. 12. He worked out Monday, testing the foot by running in a circle and doing other agility exercises.

"All directions aren't cleared yet," Popovich said. "He can go some ways, some directions. In others, he can't still."

Popovich said the team's training staff has told him Ginobili "possibly" would be ready to play Friday against Toronto. He interpreted that to mean Ginobili wouldn't be 100 percent.

"Because it's not really an ankle — it's the top of his foot — I don't want to (mess) with a stress fracture or whatever else might appear," Popovich said. "We want to make sure he's totally healed before we put him back on the court."

Iron man: Bruce Bowen played in his 297th consecutive game for the Spurs, breaking Avery Johnson's franchise record.

In his five seasons with the Spurs, Bowen has had only one injury force him out of the lineup: a broken right middle finger Jan. 9, 2002, that sidelined him for 23 games.

Unexpected analyst: Six months ago, Terry Porter figured he would be working the Spurs' annual visit to the Bradley Center.

He just didn't know it would be as their TV analyst.

Porter was fired as Milwaukee's head coach June 22, a little more than a month after the team announced it was picking up the third and final year on his contract.

"It's strange being here in this capacity," said Porter, who still lives in Milwaukee.

Porter said he never received a clear explanation about his dismissal other than "we want to go in another direction."

After announcing Porter would remain the coach in 2005-06, the Bucks won the NBA Draft lottery.

They hired Terry Stotts, a former assistant with the team, to replace Porter, though there had been reports they also pursued Flip Saunders and Doug Collins.

"Maybe they thought they had one of those guys and he decided not to come at the last minute," Porter said.

Porter, who grew up in Milwaukee, ranked third in the Coach of the Year voting after guiding the Bucks to a 41-41 record and the playoffs in 2003-04.

Last season, Milwaukee had 15 players miss games with injuries, including point guard T.J. Ford, who missed the entire schedule. The team also traded Keith Van Horn and Mike James at the trade deadline.

After Porter was let go, the Bucks upgraded by drafting center Andrew Bogut, signing forward Bobby Simmons and trading for center Jamaal Magloire.

"I'm just disappointed I wasn't given a chance with the current team," Porter said. "I think I was deserving of that because of my first year."

FreshPrince22
12-21-2005, 02:10 AM
Didn't Manu save himself for the Pistons game last year too? I seem to remember him missing a bunch of games before ours, and playing his first game back in the Palace. Is he going to do the same this time?
________
Vickie (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/Vickie)

spurs=bling
12-21-2005, 02:13 AM
:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

we need Manu's energy on the floor

E20
12-21-2005, 02:15 AM
I thought it was a toe injury. :lol

People were making him out to be Chris Webber.

Bloodline666
12-21-2005, 03:36 AM
In his five seasons with the Spurs, Bowen has had only one injury force him out of the lineup: a broken right middle finger Jan. 9, 2002, that sidelined him for 23 games.
Wow! That dude's got balls! Think he'll play 82 games AGAIN this season?

SouthernFried
12-21-2005, 04:45 AM
Bowen reminds me of some Track athletes I know. He's got that lean, low body fat thing going. The kinda guy that seriously works on his aerobic and stretching exercises. Those people live for body fat measurements. They never get old or outta shape. They make me ill.

Manu needs to "really" heal. No practices, no running...no nothing. Give him a ticket to Argentina and tell him to come back in a month.

Bloodline666
12-21-2005, 04:48 AM
Bowen reminds me of some Track athletes I know. He's got that lean, low body fat thing going. The kinda guy that seriously works on his aerobic and stretching exercises. Those people live for body fat measurements. They never get old or outta shape. They make me ill.

Manu needs to "really" heal. No practices, no running...no nothing. Give him a ticket to Argentina and tell him to come back in a month.
You know, I think the Spurs athletic trainers SERIOUSLY need to monitor Manu during practice, because so far this season, all of his injuries were sustained during practice.

WalterBenitez
12-21-2005, 06:02 AM
You know, I think the Spurs athletic trainers SERIOUSLY need to monitor Manu during practice, because so far this season, all of his injuries were sustained during practice.

:rolleyes perhaps, someone should explain to MANU what a practice is! :rolleyes

Walton Buys Off Me
12-21-2005, 08:03 AM
If the Spurs don't have Ginobili against Detroit, it's not gonna be pretty.

SequSpur
12-21-2005, 08:03 AM
Manu is the Grant Hill of the Spurs.

Trade him.

ducks
12-21-2005, 08:42 AM
if mem can take pistons to double overtime
and portland can take pistons to the last 14 seconds and had a come up with a steal to make sure portland did not play
spurs can be on the same court of pistons

vanvannen
12-21-2005, 08:43 AM
Manu is the Grant Hill of the Spurs.

Trade him.

Yeah, except for the winning part.

It seems you quickly forgot about YOUR own posts after the 48pts game, or your message to Manu on his website before the finals there, shorty.

ObiwanGinobili
12-21-2005, 08:47 AM
bruce bowen = cal ripkin jr.

boutons
12-21-2005, 08:48 AM
"spurs can be on the same court of pistons"

But the Pistons are finding ways to win against teams that are getting up for playing the Pistons tough (who have as much of a bullseye on their backs as the Spurs), while the Spurs are finding ways to lose, mainly by not playing defense, and lack of all-around hustle, intensity, focus.

The Spurs beating the Pistons Sunday would be an upset.

spurschick
12-21-2005, 09:28 AM
CONGRATS TO BRUCE! :elephant

td4mvp21
12-21-2005, 11:07 AM
I know it's the Knicks, but I can see another L. The Knicks trying to avoid season long seven game losing streak=dangerous? Thats what happened with Atlanta. And after an overtime game the night before? This isn't looking good but.....GO SPURS

nkdlunch
12-21-2005, 01:05 PM
Man, ppl are crying all over the place around here. It's December. Take it easy. as long as manu + tim + Tony are healthy in may, it's all good.