PDA

View Full Version : California Invalidates San Francisco Gay Weddings

Nbadan
08-12-2004, 06:13 PM
Just came down the pike..

*sic*

"Accordingly, for the reasons that follow, we agree with petitioners that local officials in San Francisco exceeded their authority by taking official action in violation of applicable statutory provisions. We therefore shall issue a writ of mandate directing the officials to enforce those provisions unless and until they are judicially determined to be unconstitutional and to take all necessary remedial steps to undo the continuing effects of the officialsÕ past unauthorized actions, including making appropriate corrections to all relevant official records and notifying all affected same-sex couples that the same-sex marriages authorized by the officials are void and of no legal effect. "

California Courts (http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/opinions.cgi)

Tommy Duncan
08-12-2004, 06:15 PM
Obviously the GOP is behind this, along with the Illuminati and the CIA. Given that Bohemian Grove is in Northern California this is not surprising.

DeSPURado
08-12-2004, 07:06 PM
Of course it was the democrats behind this duh.... What the heck are you smoking Tommy? Of course it was a conservative court that did this.

Tommy Duncan
08-12-2004, 07:09 PM
Poor baby, it must be hell.

DeSPURado
08-12-2004, 07:12 PM
What are you talking about? Seriously?

Tommy Duncan
08-12-2004, 07:44 PM
I'm not surprised that you find my posts difficult to comprehend.

MannyIsGod
08-12-2004, 08:29 PM
it was a fair court.

the mayor overstepped his bounds, and this was the proper ruling.

homosexuals will have their marriages in the end, bank it.

DeSPURado
08-12-2004, 08:40 PM
Man you guys are in bad moods today or something....Arguing over every possible point of contention.

I agree with your assessment Manny. And you are right it was the right decision, which is why I wasn't throwing a hissy fit about it at all. This is a bump in the road for gay civil rights, and its sad to see them all nullified, but this wasn't the case they were going to win. It was merely a form of protest, and forced the issue into public debate. That was the point, and it worked.

MannyIsGod
08-12-2004, 08:43 PM
Man you guys are in bad moods today or something....Arguing over every possible point of contention.

com'on now, you know i argue everytime i spot an opposing view. it's fun.

DeSPURado
08-12-2004, 08:49 PM
I know I am just in non combative mood today. That just means I win all the arguments by agreeing with everyone.:lol j/k.

ducks
09-07-2018, 11:15 PM
My things have changed since 2004