PDA

View Full Version : League Pass question

duncan228
12-21-2005, 11:52 AM
I'm an East Coast Spurs fan and I have league pass to get every game not on national tv. I'm wondering why sometimes I get San Antonio coverage, and other times I get the other teams call. It doesn't seem to be tied to home or away, I can't figure it out. Anyone notice this?
Sometimes the other guys call the game pretty well and show the Spurs respect (Kings, believe it or not), others I have to mute because their so horrible(Bucks, Celtics among others).Just curious if League Pass is the same everywhere.

ShoogarBear
12-21-2005, 12:04 PM
I think the nationwide League Pass coverage is the same (i.e., I hear the same announcers in DC as they do in KC). I don't know how they determine which teams' announcers you get, but it's definitely not just a home/away thing.

BigVee
12-21-2005, 12:13 PM
Same on the West Coast. Don't know how they determine the feed, we rarely get the Spurs team. And, man some of these guys are whiney homers. Last night I had the sound turned off.

leemajors
12-21-2005, 12:15 PM
it's the same way with sirius radio. the bucs announcers were not homers at all, they got excited when either team made a good play. naturally they were more thrilled about the bucks making a good play, but they were some of the more levelheaded announcers i have come across.

BigVee
12-21-2005, 12:46 PM
Horse Manure. They gave props to "a young referee" having the courage to call a bullshit foul on Duncan. They rooted for the Bucks the entire game.

tekdragon
12-21-2005, 01:36 PM
Horse Manure. They gave props to "a young referee" having the courage to call a bullshit foul on Duncan. They rooted for the Bucks the entire game.

I think he was talking about the radio guys, not the TV announcers (who were horrible, I totally agree with you on that).

BigVee
12-21-2005, 02:48 PM
I think he was talking about the radio guys, not the TV announcers (who were horrible, I totally agree with you on that).

Right, I'm wrong.

50 cent
12-21-2005, 04:52 PM
I have heard worse home announcers than last night.

Boston is one of the announcing teams that I can't stand to listen to.

tekdragon
12-21-2005, 05:32 PM
Geez...This is my first year having league pass, and hearing the Boston crew for the first time was just awful. I couldn't believe it. I assume (most) everyone likes their home-team announcers (hell, Houston LOVED Calvin Murphy)...but I can't help but think that people in Boston realize how crappy their guys are.

It was like John Madden interviewing John Madden about the intricacies of the Celtics' complex offensive schemes. Which appear to only involve "spacing the floor". They'd do replays and telestrator analysis of how the Celtics spaced the floor.

On plays that were unsuccessful.

"OK, Baab, now look at how the Celtics ah spacing the floor here...look at all this space [color analyst draws a circle on an empty area of the floor]...now Ricky loses the ball to Pah-kuh on a bad pass, but they're executing their ahfense. They're spacing the floor."

ShoogarBear
12-21-2005, 06:16 PM
Celtic fans worshipped Johnny Most for umpteen years. Now they think Tommy Heinsohn is the schnizt.

They have no friggin clue what a quality broadcast sounds like.

Dre_7
12-21-2005, 09:45 PM

Bucks TV announcers are hillarious! They are the very definition of HOMER.

tsb2000
12-22-2005, 12:10 AM
Sirius radio is the same way. I have yet to hear a "home" Spurs broadcast. Had to put up with the Knicks' announcers tonight.

tekdragon
12-22-2005, 11:10 AM
OK, now I'm appreciating League Pass much more. The Knicks announcer was fabulous, and Kenny Smith doing color is every bit as good (or better) than Sean Elliott. I really enjoyed the broadcast last night. I thought they were objective, respectful, and entertaining. Props to the Apple.

bdubya
12-22-2005, 12:41 PM
Seems like MOST, but not all, LP games have the home announcer. And the Celts crew is unquestionably the most grating pair of homers I've ever heard.

My vote for worst radio team I've heard on Sirius has to go to Utah, although in fairness, that's based on their broadcast of the 6th-lowest-scoring game ever (Det 64, UT 62); maybe they're a little better when at least one of the teams can hit a shot....